gim holder
Group Ironman

gim holder

• Time spent:
      3d 19h 15m 8s

• Total level:
    Awards

Issue

Currently a lot of items aren't sold on the TP soley because they pass the max cash limit (2147m). This is the twisted bow, scythe of vitur, a few nightmare items (inquisitor, staves/orbs), elysian spirit shield. This makes it so finding a player who's selling may make it a bit more difficult, and creates a type of monopoly if you're the only player online that is selling the item at the time which can create a price gouge if the other player wants/needs the item quickly.

Suggestion

Allow players to pass the max cash limit on the TP by having it take into account platinum tokens. If a player lists an Elysian spirit shield for 5b, then have the player need a total sum of 5b between coins and platinum tokens to purchase it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pros

Would move items easier in the eco that you currently have to find a player to buy off of.

Cons

Not sure, I'd say less player-player interaction, but don't see how that's an issue considering every other item can be bought off the TP.

Posted 02 March 2021 - 09:36 AM #2

A BJ
Veteran

A BJ
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      30d 18h 30m 15s

• Previous username:
    Eimscout2444

• Total level:
    Awards
No support. I can imagine this would require some custom coding and could be hard to implement an alternative would be to use the marketplace which can be found here https://www.alora.io...15-marketplace/

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 02 March 2021 - 09:48 AM #3

Classic
Veteran

Classic

• Time spent:
      99d 21h 26m 32s

• Previous username:
    No

• Total level:
    Awards

I believe this has been suggested in the past and declined. 

I personally would not want to see this added in because you can already see in the TP there are some items that are worth 2k gp ea being sold for 200m each which in turn will cause many issues with players abusing the plat tokens through trading post with offered for items like serp helm being put in for 1m plat tokens (some players might think it is only 1m coins causing that player to then quit because they were "scammed" through the trading post)

for me, its No support.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 02 March 2021 - 09:58 AM #4

gim holder
Group Ironman

gim holder

• Time spent:
      3d 19h 15m 8s

• Total level:
    Awards

No support. I can imagine this would require some custom coding and could be hard to implement an alternative would be to use the marketplace which can be found here https://www.alora.io...15-marketplace/

I don't see the excuse as 'it's too hard' valid enough to skip an update that could be beneficial for the long run of the server to keep the eco moving. Although yes there's a forums market place, the entire player base in a whole is not too active on the forums for it to be optimal. This would also help avoid cluttering it with these types of buy/sell offers and leave it for custom donations or anything else it can be used for that can't be traded on the TP. 

I believe this has been suggested in the past and declined. 

I personally would not want to see this added in because you can already see in the TP there are some items that are worth 2k gp ea being sold for 200m each which in turn will cause many issues with players abusing the plat tokens through trading post with offered for items like serp helm being put in for 1m plat tokens (some players might think it is only 1m coins causing that player to then quit because they were "scammed" through the trading post)

for me, its No support.

Well that should be a non-issue, we aren't going to differentiate that they're selling for plat tokens or coins, it'll soley say 1m coins or 5b coins, the game itself would pull the money either via coins or platinum tokens.

Posted 02 March 2021 - 10:00 AM #5

Arosa

Veteran

Arosa

• Time spent:
      494d 19h 16m 23s

• Total level:
    Awards

If this could be coded easily I would SUPPORT it but I guess since it's not in the game yet, it's not that easy. The max cash stack value is the limitation of 32bit integers.

Posted 02 March 2021 - 10:59 AM #6

J boogs
Veteran

J boogs
Clan: Retired

• Time spent:
      287d 15h 17m 31s

• Total level:
    Awards

I can support this idea. 

If there could be a way to implement a a way to platinum tokens to work like GP currency when purchasing or selling items in the Trading post can allow players to put in items such as items like Tbow and Scythe you mentioned. 

Yes, I know someone may bring it up, "Oh there's a forums market place", Yes, but our forums is dead and only about 35% of in-game players actually partake in forums use..

Posted Image

Posted ImageServer Support - 10/13/2019

Posted ImageServer Moderator - 11/10/2019

Posted ImageForum Moderator - 1/18/2020

Posted ImageGlobal Moderator - 2/16/2020

Resigned - 4/3/2020

Posted ImageServer Moderator - 6/7/2020

Posted ImageForum Moderator - 7/17/2020

Posted ImageGlobal Moderator - 10/25/2020

Resigned - 12/22/2020

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 02 March 2021 - 11:32 AM #7

Fe 21
User

Fe 21
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      6d 43m 55s

• Previous username:

• Total level:
    Awards

Support - This makes so much sense!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 46 user(s)