Posted 09 May 2021 - 08:45 AM #1

LordYone
Elite Ironman

LordYone

• Time spent:
      3d 12h 7m 41s

• Total level:

Hey y'all, 

coming back to Alora after a year or so has been an absolute blast. One of the big things that pulled me back was seeing that gauntlet had been added, as this was my favourite pastime whilst playing trailblazers league. But after finally getting my EIM leveled up to finally make it here I noticed a few things within gauntlet that I had been wondering if they were being changed/added in the future.

What is your suggestion?:

Adding the sound effects for the Hunleff switching attack styles/prayer dropping attack. (Along with the animations of it doing so, if that is even possible) 

Adding the gauntlet soundtrack, this made my gauntlet experience much more enjoyable and i'm sure others who love the soundtracks in-game would like this as well.

Make weapon frame drop guaranteed once from first medium level creature kill, had few runs where I had killed over 10 medium levels and low levels to no weapon frame drop which caused me to reset my run. 

Hunleff starting the fight with it's range attack style, not magic.

Not sure if this is just a bug, but Hunleff does not always switch prayers after 6 attacks from the player.

Is this in OSRS?:

yes, all features within the current gauntlet

Has this suggestion been accepted already?:

No, I could not find any post within the forums already suggesting these changes.

How would this benefit Alora?:

This would benefit Alora for any newcomers, or gauntlet enthusiast in bringing more activity to the gauntlet. I still enjoy doing gauntlet runs, but without these suggested changes it could make gauntlet very frustrating for newcomers and deter them from ever trying it. My duo partner has always wanted to try Gauntlet and wants me to teach him, but these few things have thrown a curveball at my knowledge of gauntlet and it would be great to see some more love be thrown into making gauntlet even better on Alora.

Thank you for taking the time to read this! <3 

scuffed.png   

WHERES MY GOLDEN CHIN PET ???!?!?!?!

Posted 09 May 2021 - 02:54 PM #2

Aeroblast
Ironman

Aeroblast

• Time spent:
      47d 11h 9m 16s

• Previous username:
    Iron scuffed

• Total level:
    Awards
Support ! CoX is also missing music :(

Posted 10 May 2021 - 06:50 AM #3

Arosa

Veteran

Arosa

• Time spent:
      496d 12h 11m 57s

• Total level:
    Awards

SUPPORT! Would be a nice QoL update.

Posted 10 May 2021 - 08:00 AM #4

Soloman BTW
Elite Ironman

Soloman BTW
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      12d 7h 25m 23s

• Total level:
    Awards

Support. Have had to reset gauntlet due to bad luck with weapon frames.

maxed 02.02.2020 17 99's at once

200m farming 09.07.2020

200m cooking 03.05.2021

Posted 10 May 2021 - 02:36 PM #5

Real cream
Realism

Real cream

• Time spent:
      17d 22h 58m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards

I appreciate the amount of effort that has been put into this suggestion. There has been significant changes to 'Gauntlet' as of recently which included guaranteed weapon frames from the mini bosses as well as dropping correct constituent in relation. Moreover, with 'Runelite' now in place, it tells you when to switch your pray which makes it so much easier than before. (prior you had to count the hits). Therefore, some of the suggestions you have mentioned are minor and I am sure Dan will add if it doesn't take much time to do so.

To reiterate, I support your suggestions!

All Accounts

Spoiler

Achievements

Spoiler

Progress Topics

Posted 10 May 2021 - 06:49 PM #6

LordYone
Elite Ironman

LordYone

• Time spent:
      3d 12h 7m 41s

• Total level:

@ Real cream   That is good to hear, and I appreciate the support!! I am more so going on personal experience and what others told me when I say the sounds and animations made the WORLD of a difference for me when learning gauntlet. I never had to look away from my prayers/inventory as I could hear the animation take place when I had to switch prayers, and obviously you can hear every time you make a hit so you know when to switch attack styles. maybe I just have terrible reaction time haha. I have noticed by now after many more runs later, that the frame drop is more a bug then anything. I've had more runs then not now where I get the frame before I head to a demi-boss. but can still happen which sucks. 

And I really do hope these can be added, I understand coding animations is not as easy so that is why I kept my list to minor QOL things that I know helped me with gauntlet to help others better understand, enjoy and complete gauntlet!  <3

scuffed.png   

WHERES MY GOLDEN CHIN PET ???!?!?!?!

Posted 26 May 2021 - 06:16 PM #7

Omicron

Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      419d 16h 36m 45s

• Total level:
    Awards

Your suggestion has been accepted.

• Moe likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 48 user(s)