Posted 30 May 2021 - 12:32 PM #1

GIM JShiesty
Group Ironman

GIM JShiesty

• Time spent:
      8d 2h 18m 26s

• Total level:
    Awards

What is your suggestion?: to possibly scale/nerf tob or something in place, to make it abit easier for newcommers/inexperiences tob players to acutally find groups, and learn the bosses, as its such a crutial piece of endgame content

Is this in OSRS?: yes/no

Has this suggestion been accepted already?:no

How would this benefit Alora?:well in osrs, and evenso here it is possible to solo, duo tob but thats mostly for the most elite of players, recently ive been seeing alot of people searching to do tob, and just constantly hearing about how dead tob is, making it almost dead content, this suggestion if any way to balance it would help tob get active again, i literally see posts day n day out of people wanting to tob and just never finding teams, and i recall when i was doing alot of tob a few months ago, it was already starting to die, would be hours going with no one wanting to etc.. just a thought,  disclaimer: this isnt my first acc, my other gim and multiple other accs have several hundred kc in tob, so i am speaking from personal expereiince, plus what ive seen in chat day n /out

Posted Image

Posted 30 May 2021 - 01:25 PM #2

Memento Mori
Group Ironman

Memento Mori
Clan: Materialism as a Means to an End

• Time spent:
      68d 18h 40m 22s

• Previous username:
    Smope Jr

• Total level:
    Awards

this has been suggested a few times. (tob easyer/nerf for solos/duos/raid scaling)
but Alora TOB is already extremely easy.

Further in comparison alora has around 400-600 players online daily compared to OSRS 20k
What I want to say is that there are also many players who have completed TOB or have too low stats/ low tier items.

The bosses in TOB also scale pretty sure, for solos it has way lower HP compared to 5 man.

If you wanne raid a lot i think its best to join a active PVM clan and get raid partners from there.

TOB is pretty active, i see a decent amount of players still raiding daily TOB.

For me no support since it "Possibly scale/nerf tob is not in my book,  it is ENDGAME content and should not be made easyer!

OSRS is releasing challenge mode TOB soon i think, this can be something for alora also to make it more active...

Posted Image

Posted Image
Community awards

Spoiler

Posted 30 May 2021 - 01:45 PM #3

GIM JShiesty
Group Ironman

GIM JShiesty

• Time spent:
      8d 2h 18m 26s

• Total level:
    Awards
As someone with over 900 tob on osrs , as I said solos and duos re def doable, but who has bis gear realistically to do solos ? Only the top tier players on the server , , and while it does scale , I’ve attempted tob solos and without tbow / other bis gear it’s very challenging to say the least , which makes it very apparent why new players don’t go rob or can’t compete on it , I see where your comming from in that aspect , but as far as tob being active daily , I’ve been around the server for long time , most recently been back a week , but tob was dying 3 months ago before I left , it wasn’t active daily then , and I have always been apart of “pvm clans “ so I highly doubt it’s any more active now , as I said based off what I see daily it’s even more dead then it was 3 months ago , I’m sure the “daily” tob are the same 3 teams who r grinding out their runs , and no one ever takes time to take newbies or show new players , , again this is just from my pov what I’ve seen ajd personally experienced in my time
Of alora (where between accounts I still have 400-500 tob runs done ) it was just a easy thought based off what I’ve saw , accepted or denied makes me no difference as I can solo tob, not that I would want to cuz I don’t feel a rsps should require that much effort , but this was aimed moreso at the newbies who can’t ever get teams or ask for days and days to still be with left with nothing
Posted Image

Posted 30 May 2021 - 04:21 PM #4

strudelle

Veteran

strudelle

• Time spent:
      90d 1h 46m 35s

• Total level:
    Awards

tob is already great the way it is and i do duo sometimes and its not very hard for experienced players.  finding a team can be hard sometimes but when you do alot of tob, you get to know who do like tob and you stick with them.

not everyone know how to tob and  experienced players stay with their own team ( they mostly dont take learners).

i never had difficulty finding a team and tob isnt really that hard, you mostly just need void and can do it pretty easy on a group of 3.

no support from me

Posted 30 May 2021 - 05:01 PM #5

GIM JShiesty
Group Ironman

GIM JShiesty

• Time spent:
      8d 2h 18m 26s

• Total level:
    Awards

tob is already great the way it is and i do duo sometimes and its not very hard for experienced players.  finding a team can be hard sometimes but when you do alot of tob, you get to know who do like tob and you stick with them.

not everyone know how to tob and  experienced players stay with their own team ( they mostly dont take learners).

i never had difficulty finding a team and tob isnt really that hard, you mostly just need void and can do it pretty easy on a group of 3.

no support from me

thats kinda my point, i see this suggestion ultimately getting declined, but u just made every point i mentioned, again, it doesnt affect me , as i have done solo/duo/three man tobs, but for new players who want to learn , or non experienced players, where does that leave them? out of luck, everyone doing tob is the same 10 people with 100s of kc, not taking learners, and a trio of non experienced players is guna be very challenging, as i have seen the same few people trying to find groups for days, i was just trying to look out for the new tob players, or players wanting to learn, since from what ive seen is very hard for them, and as far as u having no dfficulty finding a team, i find that a little hard to believe, as 3 months ago i had trouble finding teams and i got over 400 tob kc on my other accs, so i could only assume thats its gotten harder now.   but thanks for your thoughts tho nonetheless

this topic can be closed, seeing it gets no supports , just thought id throw it out there for the same few people ive seen for days trying to find teams to show them tob, go on runs, thanks guys xD 

Posted Image

Posted 30 May 2021 - 05:10 PM #6

Aeroblast
Ironman

Aeroblast

• Time spent:
      47d 11h 9m 16s

• Previous username:
    Iron scuffed

• Total level:
    Awards

this has been suggested a few times. (tob easyer/nerf for solos/duos/raid scaling)
but Alora TOB is already extremely easy.

Further in comparison alora has around 400-600 players online daily compared to OSRS 20k
What I want to say is that there are also many players who have completed TOB or have too low stats/ low tier items.

The bosses in TOB also scale pretty sure, for solos it has way lower HP compared to 5 man.
If you wanne raid a lot i think its best to join a active PVM clan and get raid partners from there.

TOB is pretty active, i see a decent amount of players still raiding daily TOB.

For me no support since it "Possibly scale/nerf tob is not in my book,  it is ENDGAME content and should not be made easyer!

OSRS is releasing challenge mode TOB soon i think, this can be something for alora also to make it more active...

80K..just thought to correct that … lol

Posted 30 May 2021 - 05:50 PM #7

strudelle

Veteran

strudelle

• Time spent:
      90d 1h 46m 35s

• Total level:
    Awards

thats kinda my point, i see this suggestion ultimately getting declined, but u just made every point i mentioned, again, it doesnt affect me , as i have done solo/duo/three man tobs, but for new players who want to learn , or non experienced players, where does that leave them? out of luck, everyone doing tob is the same 10 people with 100s of kc, not taking learners, and a trio of non experienced players is guna be very challenging, as i have seen the same few people trying to find groups for days, i was just trying to look out for the new tob players, or players wanting to learn, since from what ive seen is very hard for them, and as far as u having no dfficulty finding a team, i find that a little hard to believe, as 3 months ago i had trouble finding teams and i got over 400 tob kc on my other accs, so i could only assume thats its gotten harder now.   but thanks for your thoughts tho nonetheless

this topic can be closed, seeing it gets no supports , just thought id throw it out there for the same few people ive seen for days trying to find teams to show them tob, go on runs, thanks guys xD 

well you probably have a cc with players doing tob so just ask them and bring learner from your cc to help the tob community grow. we  ''ice cc'' always willing to teach learner cox and tob to help players threw their achievements. if all cc help their learners well more player will get used to tob and you wont have problem finding teams. but as i said in my previous post, tob doesnt need to be easier. just find the good players for your tob team . maybe on your timezone less player doing it or feel like doing it at this time.

Posted 30 May 2021 - 05:55 PM #8

GIM JShiesty
Group Ironman

GIM JShiesty

• Time spent:
      8d 2h 18m 26s

• Total level:
    Awards

well you probably have a cc with players doing tob so just ask them and bring learner from your cc to help the tob community grow. we  ''ice cc'' always willing to teach learner cox and tob to help players threw their achievements. if all cc help their learners well more player will get used to tob and you wont have problem finding teams. but as i said in my previous post, tob doesnt need to be easier. just find the good players for your tob team . maybe on your timezone less player doing it or feel like doing it at this time.

possibly, i think people just need to be more accepting to bringing in learners, like i said right now its very apparant the only people actively doing tob are the ones with 100s of kc, leaaving the newbies out, and trust me , i was former staff in ice, i did alot of teaching of the new players, but even then, the teams were few and far between, and i outsourced to play with other cc members just to form teams, maybe my suggestion wasnt worded correctly, as i dont feel the need that it needs to be made super easy, but some change should be implemented to make it easier for the new learners to be able to find teams/or be able to learn tob aswell xD ,

Posted Image

Posted 30 May 2021 - 09:11 PM #9

Sit
Hardcore Ironman

Sit

• Time spent:
      8d 6h 46m 14s

• Previous username:
    Avoid 0 HP

• Total level:
    Awards

I don't support this considering you can do current ToB naked with an MSB but I do think new members need to look for a CC to do learner raids or just ask teams off bonus. I yell for ToB all the time and have never received someone asking me to teach them. Seems like some people just not putting the effort in

d1d2ce9234239389c89459dd85d4d9b9.gif

3c7cdd39263c81911406c0d1aae413c6.gif

05044d07efa43e3ab9df7dfdbb9767d3.png

Posted 31 May 2021 - 01:41 AM #10

Reeke
User

Reeke
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      3d 10h 3m 29s

• Total level:
    Awards

Something needs to be done regarding tob, as of recently with the bonuses finding a team has been nearly impossible, yes the content is easy however it REQUIRES at least two other players.

Posted Image

Posted 31 May 2021 - 02:27 AM #11

Arosa
Veteran

Arosa

• Time spent:
      481d 9h 23m 20s

• Total level:
    Awards

NEUTRAL on this suggestion. ToB Challenge Mode hopefully will revive it a bit on Alora, if it's getting implemented. Look forward what the future brings us.

Posted 31 May 2021 - 03:26 AM #12

Lerak
Elite Ironman

Lerak
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      28d 21h 33m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

possibly, i think people just need to be more accepting to bringing in learners, like i said right now its very apparant the only people actively doing tob are the ones with 100s of kc, leaaving the newbies out, and trust me , i was former staff in ice, i did alot of teaching of the new players, but even then, the teams were few and far between, and i outsourced to play with other cc members just to form teams, maybe my suggestion wasnt worded correctly, as i dont feel the need that it needs to be made super easy, but some change should be implemented to make it easier for the new learners to be able to find teams/or be able to learn tob aswell xD ,

Find yourself a solid clan and you won't experience any problems looking for a team. 

For the suggestion, no support from me. Solo/duo TOB's should remain hard as they are true endgame content. 

g23.png

Spoiler

Posted 31 May 2021 - 05:48 AM #13

R E Z Z
Uber Donator

R E Z Z

• Time spent:
      20d 2h 53m 47s

• Previous username:
    King Kamari

• Total level:
    Awards

I do not support this suggestion. It's egregious to even consider reworking TOB for the reason(s) you provided. The information in your suggestion and subsequent replies appeared to be just haphazardly strewn together. May I suggest:

Browsing the weekday/weekend events via the Forums -- wherein you will see not one, but two TOB Bonus events each week; decent opportunity to hop in a team. This is typically when TOB is most active. Alternatively, I suggest looking to join a PVM clan or reaching out someone that does TOB regularly.

Posted 31 May 2021 - 10:44 AM #14

GIM JShiesty
Group Ironman

GIM JShiesty

• Time spent:
      8d 2h 18m 26s

• Total level:
    Awards

I do not support this suggestion. It's egregious to even consider reworking TOB for the reason(s) you provided. The information in your suggestion and subsequent replies appeared to be just haphazardly strewn together. May I suggest:

Browsing the weekday/weekend events via the Forums -- wherein you will see not one, but two TOB Bonus events each week; decent opportunity to hop in a team. This is typically when TOB is most active. Alternatively, I suggest looking to join a PVM clan or reaching out someone that does TOB regularly.

did u read the read the replies acutally? if you had you would see 1,  ive always been in active pvm clans, which dont make a difference hence it was dying months ago before i left, 2,people above also already commented that even on bonuses its dead, and that i was correct in saying it is mostly the expereinced players with hundreds of kc /and they dont normally take learners , and lastly, i also mentioned this wasnt directed for me personally, as on alora i got over 450+ tob kc and over 900 kc on osrs, so either way it would make me no difference, ive always helped learners and newcommers with tob, but lately ive seen the same few people searching for teams to no avil, and it was already disscussed that tob dont need to made easier per say, but something needs to be implemented to make it easier for the newer players and inexpereinced to be able to get into it which others have also stated above^, since as we all have agreed, it is such a crutial piece of endgame content,  thanks for your opinion though <3

Posted Image

Posted 02 June 2021 - 11:46 AM #15

Dauztas
User

Dauztas
Clan: Ice

• Time spent:
      20h 48m 58s

• Total level:
    Awards

DISSAGREE. Tob is end game minigame. Who wants to learn it should find expirienced players. Who dont want learn tob means his game is not at end yeet. Took me no time to learn it. If i learned how to tob, every can. ) End game shouldnt be ez. And btw, how can tob be nerfed? Less hp for nylos room? You will still need to know strategy of that room, Same with every room in tob

no support from me

Same, no support Bro, i want to see tob not with only 1 range weapon done , but full zik , atleast some challenges for old players. We dont need it easier we need it harder <3

Something needs to be done regarding tob, as of recently with the bonuses finding a team has been nearly impossible, yes the content is easy however it REQUIRES at least two other players.

Bro, never had problems on finding team when i am 99% of time plank, tob already had been changed few times. Spend a bit more time on teams > Raid with same peoples, much more easier to do a good tob run. And you can do it solo if you quick and know how to change weapon and eat shark, even without bow/scythe.

Posted 02 June 2021 - 12:39 PM #16

Omicron

Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      419d 6h 41m 28s

• Total level:
    Awards

Most of the comments are not in support of scaling ToB, but I would also want to mention that as it stands, solo/duo/trio ToB is extremely rewarding, as you're far more likely to get a purple with a smaller team. If we scale ToB, that goes away, the loot will be worse for smaller teams, in exchange for it being scaled down. 

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 55 user(s)