1 reply to this topic

Posted 03 June 2021 - 02:06 PM #1

Swipes
Donator

Swipes

• Time spent:
      7h 56m 5s

• Total level:

First, I'd like to thank @Amica and who ever else helped behind the scenes to help get my account recovered - I'll go into detail.

I haven't played in over a year and a half and forgot the username to my account like some people do. I remembered an account that I played back then that wasn't the account I was looking for, but it was the only piece to the puzzle that I had. The typical recovery process is giving your MAC address, your email attached to the account, or the donation confirmation code(s) that you used when you donated via email/paypal. 

I had moved houses, got a new computer, never donated (with IRL, I used in-game GP), and 2FA was not set up back then. I quite literally didn't have anything that was capable of them helping me - but they managed. After some digging, and going through back doors they were able to recover the username of the account that I'm currently on. They went out of their way to look at certain things that I figure they wouldn't normally do, and I appreciate their help.

I'm not saying that the success of recovering the name to this account via the routes that the staff took in order to find it is some sort of disclaimer that they'll be able to find anything and everything for everybody. I knew the password already, I just forgot the username.

Simply put, just a small appreciation post for @Amica and those who helped behind the scenes that don't get recognition sometimes. Support your staff team, they will go out of their way to help if you're willing to be patient and respect the job that they can and can't do.

Thanks again.

2rKaTQH.png

Posted 03 June 2021 - 03:35 PM #2

strudelle

Veteran

strudelle

• Time spent:
      90d 15h 30m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

welcome back to alora! and yes the staff is amazing, so it help alot. very glad they found your account back :)

• Moe likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 71 user(s)