3 replies to this topic

Posted 10 June 2021 - 04:46 PM #1

Swipes
Donator

Swipes

• Time spent:
      7h 56m 5s

• Total level:

I didn't find it in the "already suggested" section on this section, so I'll suggest it.

As most people know, the Runelite client for Alora is inconsistent, laggy, there's significantly more dead clicks using the client, and half the plug in's don't actually work correctly or at all. For instance, the drag setting doesn't work on the RL client, but the ::drag command works on the regular client when you set it to something (0 is standard for osrs). Prayer toggle does work on the RL client, but I've gone away from using the RL client on pretty much every single account due to the amount of dead clicks, lag it seems to have, and just overall functionality of a client that... well doesn't function properly.

My suggestion: Add a right-click option on the prayer icon that allows you to reorganize your prayer tab on the original Alora client. What are the draw backs? I personally can't see any -- it's been done before and it's not something that would require a significant amount of development. Why would you add something like this to the original cilent? Because the RL client is buggy, not super compatible with Alora although it's a good concept, and if you're doing anything other than standing in the bank I know you've experienced the amount of lag and dead clicks that the RL client has on it versus the main client. Yes, you could just say "use the RL client if you want the perk of prayer reformatting" -- yes, valid, but with the amount of instability that the client has, I personally don't even use it anymore and I've had people PM me saying the same thing.

In conclusion, the simple suggestion is perhaps adding an option to right click "unlock" prayer on the prayer tab in the original Alora client. There's not a lot, if any at all significant downside to the update outside of the RL client already has it... And, as stated above, there's reasons to use the original Alora client and not the RL client.

Thanks for considering.

2rKaTQH.png

Posted 10 June 2021 - 06:37 PM #2

G
Elite Ironman

G
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      3d 21h 2m 11s

• Previous username:
    Kid Trunks

• Total level:
    Awards

NO SUPPORT :'( 

sorry homie

Can't say I share the same experience when you mention the lag + dead clicks from RL client. 

I've had someone mention to me that turning off "HD" mode unlocks all the real content (i.e. marking ground tiles is buggy on HD but works perfectly out of HD) 

This toggle fixed a lot of problems for me personally. 

Yes, you could just say "use the RL client if you want the perk of prayer reformatting" -- yes, valid, but with the amount of instability that the client has, I personally don't even use it anymore and I've had people PM me saying the same thing.

Reformatting prayers is a function derived from RL itself, no?

If we're going to begin adding RL functions to the original client then doesn't it defeat the purpose of the OG playstyle on the OG client? 

I.M.O--The two client options are for options on two different playstyles/experiences.

wouldn't want to take away from that, but again, this is only my opinion

Hope we can meet in the middle and maybe fix the lag for you!  <3

Comp_1.gif

Spoon Collection
Spoiler

Posted 11 June 2021 - 10:45 AM #3

d a u z
Ironman

d a u z

• Time spent:
      22h 55m 19s

• Total level:
    Awards
Sometimes playing on slow net/pc and sometimes on good net/pc. Only seeing diff in delay ( because of net) Never had pray issues in 3-4 years( used to play alora on normal client like 2 years).And its 2k21 , who even play rs/alora on main client. RL Alora client is like 98% good, just need some bug fixes. No support

tbow.png

scytheeee.png

1.png

Posted 11 June 2021 - 05:17 PM #4

Omicron
Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      419d 14h 17m 41s

• Total level:
    Awards

If you find any issues with the Runelite client, make a bug report, since that's how the issues with lag or dead clicks get fixed. We're not going to add features to the vanilla client, it doesn't make sense to build features for it when they already exist on Runelite.

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

• Moe likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 39 user(s)