Photo

Maniacal Monkeys -- Fast Range/Mage XP (ironman friendly)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Posted 10 June 2021 - 11:32 PM #1

Swipes
Donator

Swipes

• Time spent:
      7h 56m 5s

• Total level:

Maniacal_monkey.png?e1bbe

MANIACAL MONKEY | RANGE & RANGE GUIDE (IRONMAN FRIENDLY)

Welcome to the Maniacal Monkey guide -- you truly don't need much in order to get a lot out of training range and mage the easy way on Alora. I've recently created a new ironman and have asked if there's any decent places to train range (and obviously mage) on this server. I've gotten a lot of the typical slayer, etc. I've even asked several people if there's a good place to chin/burst your stats and nobody has come up with a decent answer. One person suggested this because not many people scroll to the very bottom of the list to find this NPC, so I feel like it's potentially overlooked in terms of being utilized. You truly don't need a lot in order to get your range/mage up on these NPCs -- I will be showing you below. This guide is geared toward ironmen and harder tiers of accounts. You can obviously do this on a normal account, but it might be a waste of time because you can get it so easily anyway.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

REQUIREMENTS:

55 Range/65 Range for Red and Black Chinchompas respectively.

68 Magic for Blood Burst.

Ironmen Range Option: 63/73 Hunter for Red/Black Chinchompas

You can obviously have higher stats than these, and if you have the money then use higher tier magic spells. *NOTE: DO NOT USE ICE SPELLS ON THE NPCs. BLOOD SPELLS HEAL YOU, AND ICE SPELLS WILL FREEZE THEM AND WON'T BE ABLE TO RESET CORRECTLY.*

_________________________________________________________________________________________

GEAR AND INVENTORY:

This is the section where you can honestly use what ever you have available to you. My suggestion is the best prayer and range/mage gear that you have. You don't need the highest tier gear in order to get your stats up, I will be showing you what I use on my one-day old ironman in order to chin my range/mage currently.

95ZJwfF.png

YWRFUhH.png

These set up's are clearly budget/early game. Obviously, if you have better gear expect better XP rates and to be able to last there longer. USE WHAT YOU HAVE - I don't have prayer/restore/range pots but the XP is still enough that you can get 99 Range in an hour and a half on Ironman XP rates with this set up... You really don't have to have better gear.

QUESTIONS:

Q: Why don't you have prayer/restore potions?

A: Maniacal Monkeys drop (1) dose Prayer Potions pretty frequently; enough that you won't need to bank to restore your prayer unless you get some horrible RNG and they don't drop any for an extended period of time. If you have the pots, use them. If not, don't stress, it's okay.

Q: I don't have any good prayer bonus gear on my ironman, how do I get some?

A: You can get monk robes for free in the Edgeville Monastery. It's okay if you don't have d hide, your prayer will hold you out that it basically equals out your XP rates if you had a full set up d hide in terms of length of time/XP drops per hour. If this is a confusing concept (monk robes vs. dhide, etc.) feel free to PM me and I can explain it in more detail.

Q: I don't have prayer potions and I didn't get good RNG so none dropped and I had to tele out. I'm not a donor... How do I get my prayer back fast without dying?

A: The fastest way that I've found is you can go in and out of the boat for Pest Control. White portal Clan Wars does not restore your stats like it does on 07. There could potentially be an easier option, if so, please post a comment and I'll update the guide with credit to your name.

TACTICS & HOW TO: LOCATION | RESETTING | GROUPING

Resetting and grouping the monkeys is super easy. It's not rocket science, and works in every area throughout the caves. I will be showing you the closest one to the teleport - I don't foresee them being overly crowded after this guide, or ever.

t5vxcEf.png

Edgeville wizard --> Monsters --> Scroll all the way down and select Maniacal Monkeys

GROUPING:

daKTxLo.png

Run to this tile that I'm standing on because they will all aggro on you.

4684f3h.png

Stand in the tile that I'm standing on in the picture above. To get the best XP and attack the maximum 3x3 area allowed, attack the center monkey of the group of 9. If you cannot identify the center monkey, here is a simple diagram:

"X" = Monkey

"O" = Your character

This is your character

|

v

X   X   O

X   X   X

X   X   X

Always attack the monkey on the green X. If this monkey dies, simply wait until another monkey fills it's place.

NOTE: If there is not a monkey in one of those 8 spots - RESET: Simply walk into the first tile that you came to when you walked into the group of monkeys (picture one in "grouping" section) and then walk into the tile shown in picture two.

CONCLUSION:

This method is fast and easy experience in Magic and Range. There's not a whole lot to it, but I figured since nobody seemed to know a good method for training range, then this was a guide that would benefit those who just want experience. It can be costly, specially if you're training mage or purchasing the chins yourself. 73-99 Hunter on Ironman will net you roughly 400 Black Chinchompas which got me from 76-86 Range in about 20 minutes. Obviously this will scale given your account type.

If anybody has:

Questions?

Something I missed?

Something I can do differently?

Please post a comment, send me a DM on forums, or PM me in-game at OPPSBERUNNIN. I appreciate you taking time to look over the guide - good luck on your 99 Range and Mage.

2rKaTQH.png

Posted 10 June 2021 - 11:47 PM #2

Arosa

Veteran

Arosa

• Time spent:
      481d 8h 55m 46s

• Total level:
    Awards

Very nice guide! Seems like you put quite some efford into it! Keep it up :)

Posted 11 June 2021 - 12:16 AM #3

Miq

Veteran

Miq
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      101d 13h 38m 39s

• Previous username:
    Femme Fatale

• Total level:
    Awards

Well written guide, surely will help gamers to get some gains!

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted Image

Posted 11 June 2021 - 02:46 AM #4

G
Elite Ironman

G
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      3d 21h 2m 11s

• Previous username:
    Kid Trunks

• Total level:
    Awards

INCREDIBLE GUIDE  <3

Using it as we speak (: 

The level of effort is insane and I especially appreciated this part

"X" = Monkey "O" = Your character   This is your character            |            v X   X   O X   X   X X   X   X

Cheers homie 

Comp_1.gif

Spoon Collection
Spoiler

Posted 11 June 2021 - 03:12 AM #5

jalapeno
Legendary Donator

jalapeno
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      26d 5h 22m 2s

• Total level:
    Awards
I can finally put my chinchompas to use.
Thank you for the great written guide, swipes!

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

B2B

unknown.png

unknown.png

AmTqwRv.png

unknown.png

unknown.png
unknown.png

sisterfuckers.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Posted 11 June 2021 - 07:07 AM #6

Lerak
Elite Ironman

Lerak
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      28d 21h 33m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

Mans went from pvper to pvmer real quick! Nice guide bro! 

g23.png

Spoiler

Posted 11 June 2021 - 07:51 AM #7

Veteran

• Time spent:
      247d 9h 20m 25s

• Previous username:
    Kaamea 22

• Total level:
    Awards

Thank you for this leaked my method for 200m combats on GIM  :ph34r:  B)

This indeed is good training method.

Posted 11 June 2021 - 07:28 PM #8

Livn Country
Veteran

Livn Country
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      36d 12h 37m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards

Good easy guide to follow for players going for easy 99s or 200m!

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support - 08/15/2020

Promoted to Server Moderator - 09/04/2020

Promoted to Forum Moderator - 05/15/2021

Promoted to Global Moderator - 06/12/2021

Other Acounts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 12:46 AM #9

Iron baaail
Ironman

Iron baaail

• Time spent:
      3d 13h 33m 46s

• Total level:

great guide man really helped me out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 218 user(s)