Donator

• Time spent:
      5d 9h 43m 15s

• Previous username:
    xZenyte

• Total level:
    Awards

What is your suggestion?:

Obtaining Master clues via Scroll Box (from reward caskets and from Watson)

Is this in OSRS?:

It was - for the Leagues

Has this suggestion been accepted already?:

This suggestion was DECLINED in the past.

Back in Septembre 2021, @Charizard made a post about Master Clues

Below, I will explain why I bring a declined suggestion back to light.

How would this benefit Alora?:

With a recent update, clues are now obtained via Scroll Boxes.

Be by monster drop or skilling (bottle, nest, geode), clue are now obtained in a stackable manner.

Players can now bring the entirety of their clues with them on their runs.

The only exception? Master clues.

Back when Trailblaizer was released on Osrs, Scroll Boxes were one of the many features adored by the community.

Master Scroll Box existed in Osrs, why not Alora?

Why should Easy-Elite clues be stackable but not Masters?

If a player as already acquired 10 of each clues, why not be able to hold 10 Masters?

Here's my proposition:

1) We could implement Master Scroll BOX to Alora for stackable Masters

or

2) If option 1 is too "overpowered", perhaps give us the ability to have more than 1 Master clue at a time

by allowing us the ability to hold more than 1 Master in our Bank/Inventory.

It's not like we can drop Masters & get a new step anyway.

As always, I'd like to see what the community thinks about this & would love the get feedback!

Posted 02 June 2022 - 08:50 PM #2

Green eyes
Super Donator

Green eyes

• Time spent:
      9d 1h 35m 19s

• Previous username:
    Tommy Savage

• Total level:
    Awards

This shist took me like 2 minutes to understand wtf you just wrote.

Ok - this Sounds good, same as having a service in-game where you can "Rent" items for an x-AMOUNT of gp and for X-amout of time.

Sounds good right? I can rent an DWH for 5m an hour, get an ely drop, sell ely, buy a dwh, rent items, stack gp etc.

but in reality it's a terrible idea = would fuck up the economy real quick.

Yet, would work in short-term and it would be fun, yet the consequences heavily out-weight the positives.

same with this stackable master clues = Gg all master clue Best drops, imagine people start farming clues to get master and you stack 100 masters, so does joe next to you..you all start getting hella 3rd age drops etc..

so the value drops real fast..unless people quit.

So alora has to become like a revolving door - people start and quit, and with 500 people online, this place is not big enough to have this kind of thing going on.

im tired of writing, read between the lines, friend.

Posted 02 June 2022 - 08:55 PM #3

Donator

• Time spent:
      5d 9h 43m 15s

• Previous username:
    xZenyte

• Total level:
    Awards

Ok - this Sounds good, same as having a service in-game where you can "Rent" items for an x-AMOUNT of gp and for X-amout of time.

Sounds good right? I can rent an DWH for 5m an hour, get an ely drop, sell ely, buy a dwh, rent items, stack gp etc.

Yet, would work in short-term and it would be fun, yet the consequences heavily out-weight the positives.

same with this stackable master clues = Gg all master clue Best drops, imagine people start farming clues to get master and you stack 100 masters, so does joe next to you..you all start getting hella 3rd age drops etc..

So alora has to become like a revolving door - people start and quit, and with 500 people online, this place is not big enough to have this kind of thing going on.

I can't say i understand your point, but thanks for leaving your opinion!

Posted 02 June 2022 - 09:02 PM #4

Green eyes
Super Donator

Green eyes

• Time spent:
      9d 1h 35m 19s

• Previous username:
    Tommy Savage

• Total level:
    Awards

I can't say i understand your point, but thanks for leaving your opinion!

OK . let's say Omicron now or whoever is the coder - adds this feature.

it goes like this:

Me get Master clues from scroll box as drops .

me pick up master clue and deposit into bank.

me, after a while, have 1000 master clues.

me does all the clue steps and now i have 1000 master caskets.

if i get a 3rd age - cool, not bad ....i got it.

NOw imagine 50 people minimum doing the same thing.

so your little 3rd age - whatever, if it's now valued at, let's say 2b.

soon it's gonna crash..because chances are = if you're doing clues - so will alot of other people.

because now master clues are stackable - and you can open 100000 master clues and completely crash the 3rd age+ economy.

with 1 master clue-limit = you maintain balance.

i cannot explain this any simpler, if you do not understand at this point = i am amazed

Posted 02 June 2022 - 09:28 PM #5

Formula One
Veteran

Formula One
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      49d 10h 2m 55s

• Previous username:
    4AGE

• Total level:
    Awards

SUPPORT

Only on the idea of the player being able to have more than one master clue in their bank/inventory

I have no idea where this rent-a-item system came from that you mentioned, so i'll ignore that.

If you have done multiple clues in-game, you would already be aware that people can stack any level caskets in their bank/inventory. Which means that they can stack all their clues they like then open them during bonus caskets.

In addition Master Clues dont really provide great loot anyway, Elite clues are better in the long run as they drop higher-valued items more frequently.

Crash economy via Master clues? I'd like to see a a method where you get that many master clues and the efficiency to complete them that requires a crashed economy. 

TLDR: You can stack caskets already and open on bonus days, being able to stack Master Clues themselves wont inhibit an economy crash. Also where did this rent-a-item system come from!?

classic_large.pngEliteSR20   hcim.pngToto Wolff   gim.pngCarl Gustav   uim.pngTraction Off   eim.pngPerson 5

Beginning of Main account  -  Link to the challenge

1281b24e8b6447295abd4cdac05ab33d.png

7d67178fd306417ea65c108e9a6660d4.png
b864bba6cdd33bb25fd298f8dbe481d8.png

33e2935f80c933d281ed7b5b752da131.jpg

formula.pngunknown.png

Posted 02 June 2022 - 10:27 PM #6

Donator

• Time spent:
      5d 9h 43m 15s

• Previous username:
    xZenyte

• Total level:
    Awards

OK . let's say Omicron now or whoever is the coder - adds this feature.

it goes like this:

Me get Master clues from scroll box as drops .

me pick up master clue and deposit into bank.

me, after a while, have 1000 master clues.

me does all the clue steps and now i have 1000 master caskets.

if i get a 3rd age - cool, not bad ....i got it.

NOw imagine 50 people minimum doing the same thing.

so your little 3rd age - whatever, if it's now valued at, let's say 2b.

soon it's gonna crash..because chances are = if you're doing clues - so will alot of other people.

because now master clues are stackable - and you can open 100000 master clues and completely crash the 3rd age+ economy.

with 1 master clue-limit = you maintain balance.

i cannot explain this any simpler, if you do not understand at this point = i am amazed

Monsters wouldnt drop Master clues, but Watson would hand over a Master Box instead of a Clue. Same with reward casket giving out Master box instead of Master clue.

Posted 02 June 2022 - 10:36 PM #7

Green eyes
Super Donator

Green eyes

• Time spent:
      9d 1h 35m 19s

• Previous username:
    Tommy Savage

• Total level:
    Awards

Monsters wouldnt drop Master clues, but Watson would hand over a Master Box instead of a Clue. Same with reward casket giving out Master box instead of Master clue.

Ok now i understand what you mean.

Hell no i don't support this.

it's just extra steps but the outcome is the same = master clue farming (most likely)

because you can't guarantee someone NOT abusing this feature, even if it's not gonna be you..but someone might.

and that someone = can potentially cause more problems/permanent problems..

and prevention is better than a cure, and knowing before-hand, is always better than figuring out later when all has turned into shit

If you wanna see what this might look like = next time you're in-game, turn on yell and if you see a revenant drop.

replace the revenant drop with "News: X-person has received a 3rd-age Druidic top" #master clue 305

30 seconds later

"News: Y-person has received a 3rd-age Longsword" #master clue 29.

do you now understand what i mean and why this is a shit idea, unless ofc our plan is to fuck alora up beyond repair.

in which case  - let's all just poll that every drop, regardless what it is = is a guaranteed at Kc 50.

Nexling pet? kc 50, if dry

Elysian sigil? kc 50.

scythe? kc 50

this should be a perfect for fucking everything, same as approving this master-clue suggestion

Posted 02 June 2022 - 10:44 PM #8

Formula One
Veteran

Formula One

• Time spent:
      49d 10h 2m 55s

• Previous username:
    4AGE

• Total level:
    Awards

it's just extra steps but the outcome is the same = master clue farming (most likely)

because you can't guarantee someone NOT abusing this feature, even if it's not gonna be you..but someone might.

and prevention is better than a cure, and knowing before-hand, is always better than figuring out later when all has turned into shit

If you wanna see what this might look like = next time you're in-game, turn on yell and if you see a revenant drop.

replace the revenant drop with "News: X-person has received a 3rd-age Druidic top" #master clue 305

30 seconds later

do you now understand what i mean and why this is a shit idea, unless ofc our plan is to fuck alora up beyond repair.

in which case  - let's all just poll that every drop, regardless what it is = is a guaranteed at Kc 50.

Elysian sigil? kc 50.

scythe? kc 50

this should be a perfect for fucking everything, same as approving this master-clue suggestion

I highly suggest you paly the game more often and actually try to attempt to receive those said drops before commenting further.

Otherwise Hard Dance & Open Casket are economy crashers/single-handed destroying the eco.

classic_large.pngEliteSR20   hcim.pngToto Wolff   gim.pngCarl Gustav   uim.pngTraction Off   eim.pngPerson 5

formula.pngunknown.png

Posted 02 June 2022 - 10:47 PM #9

Donator

• Time spent:
      5d 9h 43m 15s

• Previous username:
    xZenyte

• Total level:
    Awards

30 seconds later

Elysian sigil? kc 50.

scythe? kc 50

We already have Easy-Elite boxes tho?

Posted 02 June 2022 - 10:56 PM #10

Green eyes
Super Donator

Green eyes

• Time spent:
      9d 1h 35m 19s

• Previous username:
    Tommy Savage

• Total level:
    Awards

I highly suggest you paly the game more often and actually try to attempt to receive those said drops before commenting further.

Otherwise Hard Dance & Open Casket are economy crashers/single-handed destroying the eco.

ok - no problem, wait til Omicron approves of this and releases this update.

i will have the fucking Master clue log completed in 2 months, 5x over.

i'll put my whole life on hold and  will no-life the living F out of this.

nothing but doing master clues

i will now bet money on this.

loser = buys the winner Eternal-donator status.

if cannot pay up upon losing = Permanent ban on all accounts&Have to make a new account.

i'm #1 in Cerberus, so i don't wanna restart and have to do 15k.

Deal?

Posted 02 June 2022 - 11:01 PM #11

Formula One
Veteran

Formula One

• Time spent:
      49d 10h 2m 55s

• Previous username:
    4AGE

• Total level:
    Awards

ok - no problem, wait til Omicron approves of this and releases this update.

i will have the fucking Master clue log completed in 2 months, 5x over.

i'll put my whole life on hold and  will no-life the living F out of this.

nothing but doing master clues

i will now bet money on this.

loser = buys the winner Eternal-donator status.

if cannot pay up upon losing = Permanent ban on all accounts&Have to make a new account.

i'm #1 in Cerberus, so i don't wanna restart and have to do 15k.

Deal?

15,000 Cerberus with only 8 Master clues completed? hmmm. Must be the non-stackable clue reason.

formula.pngunknown.png

Posted 02 June 2022 - 11:18 PM #12

Green eyes
Super Donator

Green eyes

• Time spent:
      9d 1h 35m 19s

• Previous username:
    Tommy Savage

• Total level:
    Awards

15,000 Cerberus with only 8 Master clues completed? hmmm. Must be the non-stackable clue reason.

alright, guess we'll see what happens if this update gets added to the game.

enough said

We already have Easy-Elite boxes tho?

100 people have 1000 master caskets.

before even 1 master clue is opened, the rice for 3rd age druidic top is ..let's say 2-3b.

now everyone starts opening them up at the same time..

Clue boosters on:

bonus clue points ACTIVE @ 1.5%.

now you start opening..

can you guess howmany druidic tops will be shouted-out in yell?

maybe 7-10 minimum.

now good luck selling it for 2b.

the price will drop to 300-400m.

if not even less.

this is why - even if you're complete shit and have to grind = do it

vs having to use all the help you can get to get an item/items.

Get good

Posted 02 June 2022 - 11:38 PM #13

gim crohn
Group Ironman

gim crohn
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      9d 22h 38m 39s

• Total level:
    Awards

Support

TL;DR:

Functionally this is a QoL change. Clue scrolls of all difficulties are able to be stacked, they are also able to be all received in boxes meaning you can carry, practically speaking an infinite number of master clues with 4 inventory slots/bank slots and countless trips to Watson. Making stackable masters would only result in marginal increase to master casket supply via people opening bulk elites, something which even Alora could implement put in perspective of already existing things like sherlocks notes, clue boxes, etc.

The major change this would bring is just making it possible to exchange the 4 clues in bulk to Watson so that you don't have to every master completed. The minor change would be an increase in master clues received from opening elite caskets as most people don't complete each received master before opening a new elite casket. It is also possible to literally buy completed master clues with sherlocks notes so the impact this would have in comparison to existing systems I think is negligible and incentivizes actually playing the game.

The comparisons to Item lending, and guaranteed pet drops are off-topic and not comparable at all. A better comparison would be the implementation of the current runelite clue scroll plugin, sherlocks notes, or clue boxes like I mentioned and feels like was added for shock value not real discourse.

At the end of the day there are many master clue rewards that are nearly non-existent in Alora's different economies. What true benefit for the game does keeping a minor inconvenience to one of the already most tedious, unpopular pieces of content with some of the highest requirements on an rsps.

UMnEjFQ.png

4152348766b38bfc37ae3ffead4bff9e.png

Posted 03 June 2022 - 12:49 AM #14

Hard Dance
Legendary Donator

Hard Dance

• Time spent:
      16d 18h 24m 40s

• Total level:
    Awards

@Green eyes Read the first sentence again my friend, im pretty sure @97 suggestion is that you would be able to recieve Master clue scroll boxes only from opening other clue tiers or by combining all clue tiers into a master clue. This feature is already in the game for a pretty long time, im doing clue scroll farming myself and the only way to obtain Master Clues is by the 2 options i already mentioned. Ofc obtaining master scroll boxes directly from bosses would be pretty OP and this was only featured on OSRS Leagues, for normal game it wouldnt make any sence. And even if that would ever happen, master clues would be even rarer to obtain as a drop than Elites. And of course the master clue rewards arent that good tbh, ive done like 600 masters myself with bonus on and only recieved one 3rd age peice from them.

Anyway support from me, i dont think it would hurt the game at all

TmIWsBF.png

H0TjbAt.png

aQz66Pb.png

wJXjfPb.png

T2LfMYy.png

7KTKmkx.png

Jsy2mTk.png

Posted 03 June 2022 - 01:06 PM #15

Omicron

Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      419d 16h 35m 58s

• Total level:
    Awards

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 38 user(s)