Classic

BR

• Time spent:
      3d 5h 31m 38s

• Previous username:
    Magnata 5K

• Total level:
    Awards

What is your suggestion?: Add new YouTube Ranks.

Is this in OSRS?: No.

Has this suggestion been accepted already?: No.

How would this benefit Alora?: Would benefit a lot the current youtubers that put a bunch of effort in recording and editing videos. Also future youtubers to start making content and benefiting them according to your efforts.

Would benefit Alora because there would consequently have more people interested in starting recording videos for Alora and reaching these tier as a reward for their effort and advertising more the server and eventually bringing more players to the community.

Requirements and Title Examples

YouTube-icon-full_color.png YouTuber

s9K9p2L.png

50 subscribers + Upload at least 2 videos per month. (This youtube rank would have Super Donator Perks).

ND6eXlA.png Extreme YouTuber

VGVVoaR.png

250 subscribers + Upload at least 3 videos per month. (This youtube rank would have Extreme Donator Perks).

BcEt0Ic.png Legendary YouTuber

POTO5XV.png

750+ subscribers + Upload at least 3-4 videos per month. (This youtube rank would have Legendary Donator Perks).

The title for each different youtube tier is not really needed, just changing the color I think is enough.

My suggestion is up to this donator rank to not devalue, if Omicron decides to create one with a higher donator rank and higher requirements, he decides.

Check the Current YouTuber Rank Program by clicking here.

Please give your thoughts and feedback on what you think about this suggestion. :D

Not Magnata

Spoiler
Posted Image

Posted 24 July 2022 - 04:43 AM #2

Almighty Ty
User

Almighty Ty

• Time spent:
      10d 7h 47m 20s

• Total level:
    Awards

I really like this! This shows a little bit more love to the creators and shows the work they put in for the server! 

• BR likes this
Krest (Ironman) Rs Bored (First ever account)

Posted 24 July 2022 - 07:16 AM #3

Dialect
Ironman

Dialect
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      15d 2h 1m 17s

• Total level:
    Awards

Support, it's a small thing but would be nice to see dedication to the server rewarded!

• BR likes this

Posted 24 July 2022 - 08:09 AM #4

Champ
Veteran

Champ

• Time spent:
      526d 17h 16m 52s

• Previous username:
    Iron Champie

• Total level:
    Awards

No support.

Although I like the idea of rewarding YouTuber's for creating content for Alora and helping Alora grow, this simply requires too much micromanaging in my opinion. Currently there is some milestones you'll need to hit and you'll be granted the YouTuber Rank which is so much easier to manage. I believe Moe handles the content creaters and this would mean that  Moe would have to personally look through the videos to make sure they're up to both him and  Omicron 's quality standards.

With the current rank, there is a requirement for an amount of videos you would have to make but also a requirement for how long you would have had to be making content for Alora. If new YouTuber ranks were to be added these would need increased requirements to ensure quality and consistency, in my opinion.

Maybe a few different YouTuber ranks with different milestones and requirements is an idea, but as mentioned previously I don't think this is the solution due to the amount of micromanaging required.

• BR likes this

champtransparent.gif
Signature made by the wonderful Sunnii

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 24 July 2022 - 08:27 AM #5

BR
Classic

BR

• Time spent:
      3d 5h 31m 38s

• Previous username:
    Magnata 5K

• Total level:
    Awards

No support.

Although I like the idea of rewarding YouTuber's for creating content for Alora and helping Alora grow, this simply requires too much micromanaging in my opinion. Currently there is some milestones you'll need to hit and you'll be granted the YouTuber Rank which is so much easier to manage. I believe Moe handles the content creaters and this would mean that Moe would have to personally look through the videos to make sure they're up to both him and Omicron's quality standards.

With the current rank, there is a requirement for an amount of videos you would have to make but also a requirement for how long you would have had to be making content for Alora. If new YouTuber ranks were to be added these would need increased requirements to ensure quality and consistency, in my opinion.

Maybe a few different YouTuber ranks with different milestones and requirements is an idea, but as mentioned previously I don't think this is the solution due to the amount of micromanaging required.

Hi Champ, Thanks for your input.

I don't think it's a puzzle to handle, the current requirements would still be there, these are just some requirements needed for the new ranks and the current one, valuing each tier of youtube rank, but It's just a suggestion for req example, Omi/Moe can make the requeriment as they see it fit.

There would certainly be more work to do, but the reward of all effort is "success".   ;)

Not Magnata

Spoiler
Posted Image

Posted 24 July 2022 - 08:48 AM #6

Paid Actor
User

Paid Actor
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      5d 7h 24m 10s

• Previous username:
    oh im hard

• Total level:
    Awards

My personal opinion is that you should create content for fun, I don't think  a reward system for being a content creator should be in place. The reward is recognition on a RSPS. Overall not a bad idea, I'm not feeling it in terms of donation perks.

• BR likes this

hac8GUe.png

Posted 24 July 2022 - 09:14 AM #7

BR
Classic

BR

• Time spent:
      3d 5h 31m 38s

• Previous username:
    Magnata 5K

• Total level:
    Awards

My personal opinion is that you should create content for fun, I don't think  a reward system for being a content creator should be in place. The reward is recognition on a RSPS. Overall not a bad idea, I'm not feeling it in terms of donation perks.

Hi oh im hard, thanks for your input and I respect your opinion above all.

Personally, I create content for fun and I do what I like, the current YouTube rank acts like an Extreme Donator, I would say It's not like a reward system, but most like a perk for being YouTuber.

Based on your effort and others, You would reach a higher YouTube Rank Tier.

It's not like paying monthly each youtuber X bond for your efforts, but a perk straight from YouTube rank which will result in providing better perks and improving the content.

Giving this upgrade to YouTube rank program would only bring benefits to the server.  ;)

Not Magnata

Spoiler
Posted Image

Posted 24 July 2022 - 10:48 AM #8

Yakubzz
Super Donator

Yakubzz
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      6d 15h 42m 29s

• Total level:
    Awards

It's a donator rank for a reason. I think the content and effort is great that you guys do but to be rewarded for something other people pay for seems a bit off to me. So i'm kinda in the middle on this one... If you want the perks just grind and pay for the bonds/donate towards the upkeep of the server.

• BR likes this

Posted 24 July 2022 - 11:01 AM #9

Omicron

Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      419d 16h 58m 32s

• Total level:
    Awards

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 50 user(s)