Quitting smoking/ Asking for advice

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Posted 12 September 2022 - 09:02 AM #1

Classic Joy
Classic

Classic Joy

• Total level:

Hey everyone, I'm also known as Evil joy, I made a post about "life". I'm thinking I'm partially miserable due to smoking cigarettes, at a young age. I've been a whole lot moodier lately and stressed. My question is what tips or advice could you possibly offer. This sounds terrible in some way, I've played this server longer than any of my relationships have lasted LOL. What I'm saying is I do consider all of you family and I find this community of people very wholesome. Any tips would be genuinely appreciated, I'm tired of smoking and I'm tired of feeling the way I currently do.

Thank you for giving this post a read, It is appreciated.

With much love and care - Evil joy

Posted 12 September 2022 - 10:33 AM #2

Selenagomez
Veteran

Selenagomez
Clan: Paragon #FAFO

• Time spent:
      65d 18h 19m 20s

• Previous username:
    Run IT BACK

• Total level:
    Awards

I have a highly addictive personality, that being said I can also stop doing things really easily somehow. I've quit smoking cigs/ smoking weed/doing other drugs just out of nowhere. I would be highly addicted to something and just get bored and stop. 

Hopefully you figure out how to do!

Also, even when you quit cigs for a while you will forever crave them. I haven't smoked a cig in over 7 months but everytime i see someone smoking i have to stop myself from asking them if they could bum me one.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 12 September 2022 - 10:50 AM #3

Lunchbox
Veteran

Lunchbox
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      103d 5h 24m 21s

• Previous username:
    lllunchbox

• Total level:
    Awards

I quit smoking when I found out my girlfriend at the time was pregnant about 9 years ago. There's been some social smoking here and there, but not consistently, I think my last cigarette was 2 years ago. I'm so glad that I quit smoking half a pack a day and I hope you find out your way to quit because it was worth it.

I will agree with what selenagomez said, once you stop you'll still crave it and have to make a conscious decision to not do it anymore. Maybe not everyone, but for me at least. I'll just be randomly sitting around and think "man I could use a cigarette right about now."

Best of luck to you and I hope you quit!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 12 September 2022 - 11:43 AM #4

Selenagomez
Veteran

Selenagomez
Clan: Paragon #FAFO

• Time spent:
      65d 18h 19m 20s

• Previous username:
    Run IT BACK

• Total level:
    Awards

This is the hardest part about staying off cigs i swear.

I'll just be randomly sitting around and think "man I could use a cigarette right about now."

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 12 September 2022 - 02:53 PM #5

Formula One
Veteran

Formula One
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      49d 10h 50s

• Previous username:
    4AGE

• Total level:
    Awards
For me it was a slow transition.

About two years ago I quit smoking cigarettes completely. It was mainly after a big night out and I just woke feeling sick from cigarettes.

It is hard at the start, as lunchbox said - sometimes you’re just relaxing and you crave a cigarette so bad but you just have to resist it.

I did jump on the disposable vape band-wagon for a bit only when I went on a night out drinking, however I caught myself lacking and using it during normal weekdays so tried to stop that completely.

It’s a slow process but it gets easier each day. Sometimes you just have to go cold turkey or slowly limit yourself how many you have per week until it hits zero.

I seem to have supplemented my addiction in another way as I know thoroughly enjoy coffee and I’m exploring different methods/flavors.

classic_large.pngEliteSR20   hcim.pngToto Wolff   gim.pngCarl Gustav   uim.pngTraction Off   eim.pngPerson 5

Beginning of Main account  -  Link to the challenge

1281b24e8b6447295abd4cdac05ab33d.png

7d67178fd306417ea65c108e9a6660d4.png
b864bba6cdd33bb25fd298f8dbe481d8.png

33e2935f80c933d281ed7b5b752da131.jpg

formula.pngunknown.png

Posted 12 September 2022 - 05:50 PM #6

Ivy
Ex-Staff

Ivy
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      81d 21h 20m 35s

• Previous username:
    Misfit EIM

• Total level:
    Awards
I smoked for around 5 years. I forced myself to quit when I found out my ex-wife was pregnant.

I tried so many things, including prescriptions from the doctors such as Champex and Zyban. I even tried reading, the easy way to quit smoking by Allan Carr.

None of them worked. So what I done was look at the price of tobacco in New Zealand. I started smoking when Tobacco was around 30$/30g and when I ended it was around 90$/30g and I was going through 2 pouches per week.

I have since switched to a vape. I started off for the first 2 months at 12mg and over a period of 6 months I forced myself down to 0mg of nicotine and have since quit.

Alot of it is in the mind, and about breaking habits. For example, in the morning my routine would be make a coffee and have a cigarette first thing. When I switched to the vape I forced myself to have a shower, then make some breakfast and then started a timer before making a coffee and going out for a vape. The timer started at 5 minutes and then I went up everyday by 1 minute. By the time I got to 38 minutes I realized I don't actually need to go out for a vape and it could wait till later in the day.

It's not a sprint. It's a marathon. If your struggling flick me a message on here or discord and we can have a chat ❤️

Posted Image

(っ◔◡◔)っ Community Awards:

Spoiler

Posted 12 September 2022 - 11:34 PM #7

Cigs
User

Cigs
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      5d 19h 48m 54s

• Previous username:
    Beanzie FE

• Total level:

More than a few of my friends and family members have managed to beat their habits after 10, 20, even 30+ years of daily use. For some it took years whereas a few of them stopped cold turkey. Everyone is different, so try to constantly remind yourself that no matter how lengthy, grueling or difficult your personal journey may become, it is absolutely possible and you will achieve a smoke free life as long as you stay committed to the change!

Congratulations on making the difficult decision to kick an extremely destructive habit & move toward a healthier lifestyle, bro. For what it's worth, you've got my support and respect!!

Cheers. Good luck  <3

31El23U.png

FDiFzXB.png

8gQZ8qb.png

Posted 13 September 2022 - 10:58 AM #8

Chad Fatcock
Super Donator

Chad Fatcock

• Time spent:
      1h 58m 1s

• Total level:

I too feel the alora community is like a family. Personally, I do not smoke cigarettes but know many people that do. It is definitely one of the most cripplingly addictive substances available today and the fact it is so easily accessible makes it all the harder to stay away from. Have you ever tried a nicotine vape? They were originally designed for the purpose to help people quit smoking. If used right, they can really help. As others have said, its really hard to stop smoking cold turkey. Its hard to stop any habit you have been doing for a long time, let alone one that is physically addicting! That being said, the vapes can help ease your way out of the cigarettes by still giving you something to fill that void. Smoking in and of itself is habit forming. The vapes are also way less offensive to other people as they dont stink nearly as much and the smell dissipates way faster. Health wise, they arent much better so I wouldn't suggest replacing the cigarettes with vapes entirely but they are definitely an effective tool to help kick the habit. Another suggestion would be to start exercising more. When you feel that urge to smoke a cig, go for a run instead. It will not only distract you but it makes you healthier and works to undo the lung damage the smoking has no doubt caused. 

Best of luck with your new journey. Not only will your body be healthier but your mind will be in a better place as well (plus think about how much money you will save!!!)

Alora bros always have each others backs, people on this forum will always be here if you need someone to talk to. We are all just dudes playing a game trying to enjoy life. 

And Dont Forget Smoking Cigs Is Cringe! All my homies hate cigarettes! 

7zPe5Ng.png

MMWvfHq.png

tXXBGUJ.png

I'm PISSED!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 61 user(s)