conundrum
Banned

conundrum

• Time spent:
      3d 17h 43m 37s

• Total level:
    Awards

What is your suggestion?:

Can we halve the amount of healing spiders during the Verzik fight in ToB to 1 instead of 2 for solos? We do the same already for the exploding spiders going from 4 to 2 for solos. Could also halve the hp of the spiders instead

Is this in OSRS?:

Not sure

Has this suggestion been accepted already?:

No

How would this benefit Alora?:

Currently, you are soft locked from completing a ToB solo without an endgame weapon. Blowpipe can't outdps it and even with almost max w/ Shadow it was still heavy RnG dependent. Making this change would let more people be able to solo in the event that they can't find teams without needing a twisted bow or scythe 

Posted 06 December 2022 - 02:50 PM #2

Selenagomez
Veteran

Selenagomez
Clan: Paragon #FAFO

• Time spent:
      65d 18h 19m 20s

• Previous username:
    Run IT BACK

• Total level:
    Awards

I'm not against this... but idk if im with it... 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 06 December 2022 - 05:35 PM #3

Mack
Veteran

Mack
Clan: Noobcord

• Time spent:
      448d 21h 39m 56s

• Total level:
    Awards

No support.

Theatre of Blood is an end-game raid that was not intended to be solo-able at all, let alone in mid to late game gear.

You could argue that there are players on OSRS that have soloed TOB using Guthan's but they are among the best mechanical players in the game and are utilizing mechanics that aren't coded on Alora. 

If you want to solo TOB it seems the logical solution is to do the content needed to get end-game gear. COX, TOA and Gauntlet are solo-able content. Nex can be doloed or done in small teams.

Makings things easier isn't the solution to not wanting to spend the time to get the items needed to complete solo TOB.

Posted 06 December 2022 - 06:57 PM #4

conundrum
Banned

conundrum

• Time spent:
      3d 17h 43m 37s

• Total level:
    Awards

No support.

Theatre of Blood is an end-game raid that was not intended to be solo-able at all, let alone in mid to late game gear.

You could argue that there are players on OSRS that have soloed TOB using Guthan's but they are among the best mechanical players in the game and are utilizing mechanics that aren't coded on Alora. 

If you want to solo TOB it seems the logical solution is to do the content needed to get end-game gear. COX, TOA and Gauntlet are solo-able content. Nex can be doloed or done in small teams.

Makings things easier isn't the solution to not wanting to spend the time to get the items needed to complete solo TOB.

I'm actually a player that brings guthans for these solos. Every aspect of the theatre is completely possible with more time and skill apart from ONLY this dps check, which wasn't even included before. The two weapons that could consistently get past this are scythe (which you get from the theatre) and the rarest COX item. You can solo both TOA (yes, even the highest invocations) and COX without end game gear, which you could argue are also end game raids? It's not a lazy issue either it took me 1hour 20 min with a staff to do a solo (mostly due to slow nylos as well as this dps check), which is almost 3 normal trios of time. 

If I didn't have 1 of the 3 highest end game items I'd just be locked out from even attempting, though I'd have the skill to complete it. The only reason I bring the staff is for the dps check there's no enhanced mechanic or whatever that I could perform to get past that aspect.

You state that it is possible in OSRS for the best mechanical players. However, I'm getting the impression that, for some reason, you don't want the same to apply for the best mechanical players on Alora

Posted 06 December 2022 - 07:36 PM #5

Logan

Global Moderator

Logan
Clan: Ice

• Time spent:
      147d 6h 12m 59s

• Previous username:
    Logann

• Total level:
    Awards

No support, as Mack said Tob isnt meant to be soloable, and if it is it's supposed to be a challenge that you do with end game gear/ knowledge. Dps checks as the red spiders are meant to be are in place for a reason.

Spoiler

Posted 06 December 2022 - 08:10 PM #6

Lunchy
Veteran

Lunchy

• Time spent:
      27d 7h 39m 40s

• Total level:
    Awards

Just going to piggyback off of Logan and Mack's answers. No support.

Posted 07 December 2022 - 02:18 AM #7

Noa
Master Donator

Noa

• Time spent:
      19d 7h 43m 53s

• Total level:
    Awards

Tob solo is already 10x easier on Alora compared to osrs. So if you're still struggling maybe it's not the content you're supposed to be doing. You could try bringing your corp alts, maybe that'll make it easier.

NO SUPPORT

479a9f13de6bce186e89e2b9ffa08314.png

7d8865e96d5e514633b4fbf83f5e9c26.png

4ebd7f95252d4741a9ff1afdcb79eec4.png

Posted 07 December 2022 - 06:48 AM #8

Lucas
Veteran

Lucas
Clan: klam

• Time spent:
      88d 17h 32m 11s

• Previous username:
    N

• Total level:
    Awards

No support. 

It's not meant to be easily soloed.

Y6G5YcH.png

K16nEcv.png

8kZaGz2.pngJ3Pq0uX.png

Posted 07 December 2022 - 08:49 PM #9

Variant
Classic

Variant

• Time spent:
      16d 7h 46m 58s

• Previous username:
    VARlANT

• Total level:
    Awards
No support, imo it’s supposed to be hard for the average player even with all BIS gear. Only the crème de la crop should be able to brag about their sweaty gamer chair after a solo tob. Part of the game is having the proper gear to do content you want, if you don’t have it grind for it.

“The two weapons that could consistently get past this are scythe (which you get from the theatre)”

Also zont zo zat, don’t use “scythe comes from tob and not being able to solo means I can’t get scythe” as some kind of excuse lol you can get a team mate you’re choosing to limit yourself and it’s a consequence of your own limitations

u1DQZht.png

XoJ7oDS.pngnNue8f4.png

F56NWzR.png

5de43a7a6a1f80dd402f6d2a0d6c4879.pngaf23707ae47836d5d96e7170934243fb.png

VRK1wjX.png

Posted 07 December 2022 - 10:25 PM #10

conundrum
Banned

conundrum

• Time spent:
      3d 17h 43m 37s

• Total level:
    Awards

No support, imo it’s supposed to be hard for the average player even with all BIS gear. Only the crème de la crop should be able to brag about their sweaty gamer chair after a solo tob. Part of the game is having the proper gear to do content you want, if you don’t have it grind for it.

“The two weapons that could consistently get past this are scythe (which you get from the theatre)”

Also zont zo zat, don’t use “scythe comes from tob and not being able to solo means I can’t get scythe” as some kind of excuse lol you can get a team mate you’re choosing to limit yourself and it’s a consequence of your own limitations

You can't always find a team it's not like there's people willing to run ToBs all the time. That's a separate philosophy I guess with respect to if you think that ToB should solely be a team experience, then I can see there's no discussion to be had about the practical case of actually finding a team on Alora.

The point of that statement was to say the reverse that because I don't have a scythe, I can't solo. I didn't mean to convey that I can't get the scythe because of this dps check. That was not my intent as I meant to only point out an irony that you can solo ToB if you get a scythe from playing it as a team. If you're trying to make it about me, I have 200 ToB kc it's not like anything changes if someone is able to solo. It's the principle of being softlocked while having the skill to overcome the content in spite of lower gear, which was the point of my post. Though it seems no1 is really on my side here so there's nothing more to say. From the comments, people feel that ToB should be sacred in this manner so that's fine

Posted 08 December 2022 - 05:17 AM #11

It Happened
Veteran

It Happened
Clan: Ice

• Time spent:
      31d 23h 53m 24s

• Previous username:
    Gonna Dc

• Total level:
    Awards

No Support since multiple people have been able to complete it without it being halved, yes its hard but that's the point. If don't have the correct gear for the solo, then you should be doing teams/grinding out the gear you need for the solos if that's the route you wanna go but that's just my opinion.

Posted Image

Posted 10 December 2022 - 12:23 PM #12

Omicron

Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      419d 15h 14s

• Total level:
    Awards

Your suggestion has been declined due to a lack of support, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 40 user(s)