Photo

Taxation with benefits

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you approve this message (29 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you agree?

1. Yes (7 votes [24.14%])

Percentage of vote: 24.14%

2. No (17 votes [58.62%])

Percentage of vote: 58.62%

3. Yes, but with some changes. (5 votes [17.24%])

Percentage of vote: 17.24%

How important is an item sink update to you?

1. Very (17 votes [58.62%])

Percentage of vote: 58.62%

2. Somewhat (6 votes [20.69%])

Percentage of vote: 20.69%

3. Not at all (6 votes [20.69%])

Percentage of vote: 20.69%

Vote

Posted 09 January 2023 - 11:43 AM #1

Variant
Classic

Variant

• Time spent:
      16d 7h 46m 58s

• Previous username:
    VARlANT

• Total level:
    Awards

What is your suggestion?:

Make it so all the current tax taken from TP and lottery go to an alt account for high ranking and trusted staff members to access, which they can then use to buy out items in the tp and delete them from the economy.

Is this in OSRS?: Yes actually

Has this suggestion been accepted already?: Not that I've seen

How would this benefit Alora?:

It'll be one of the best ways to create an item sink in game, the community could come together on an agreement of a list of items and the qty that would be purchased per cycle. This would only be left to the most trusted staff members to manage and preferably extra logs be taken on this specific account(s) to always back track if something goes sideways.

The way I invision it is if you have 6 items in a cycle you'd purchase things a total of 10 times before restarting the cycle, just for an example I'll list it below:

1.Bandos Chestplate

2.Bandos Chestplate

3.Bandos Tassets

4.Bandos Tassets

5.Dragon claws

6.Armadyl CP

7.Armadyl CP

8.Armadyl Skirt

9.Armadyl Skirt

10. Spectral Spirit Shield

So mid tier items would be purchased x amount of times before a high tier item is purchased, since there's bound to be more mid tier items in game than high tiered ones.

u1DQZht.png

XoJ7oDS.pngnNue8f4.png

F56NWzR.png

5de43a7a6a1f80dd402f6d2a0d6c4879.pngaf23707ae47836d5d96e7170934243fb.png

VRK1wjX.png

Posted 09 January 2023 - 11:48 AM #2

GIM Stoner
Group Ironman

GIM Stoner
Clan: Aftermath CACAWW

• Time spent:
      1d 13h 50m 40s

• Total level:
    Awards

looks like a good idea man! maybe a few tweaks n shit here n there but overall nicely done <3

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted 09 January 2023 - 11:53 AM #3

Eternal Donator

• Time spent:
      26d 18h 38m 3s

• Previous username:
    GayAsAids

• Total level:
    Awards
An eco who doesn’t dump the bulk stacks would help as well

Posted 09 January 2023 - 12:02 PM #4

Lucas

Veteran

Lucas
Clan: klam

• Time spent:
      88d 17h 40m 13s

• Previous username:
    N

• Total level:
    Awards

Support.

Right now I feel like the only things that are successfully deleted from eco are prayer scrolls and dragon claws because of well.

I think finding a way like you suggested to bring out more mid-tier items would be a great thing for the eco overall.

Y6G5YcH.png

K16nEcv.png

8kZaGz2.pngJ3Pq0uX.png

Posted 09 January 2023 - 12:03 PM #5

Variant
Classic

Variant

• Time spent:
      16d 7h 46m 58s

• Previous username:
    VARlANT

• Total level:
    Awards

An eco who doesn’t dump the bulk stacks would help as well

If everyone would everyone ::empty their bank eco would also be fixed, but it's not mine nor everyone elses responsibility to fix the eco by giving up what they have. You and polton had plenty of time with a large bank to do charity work yet the eco still isn't fixed. This, if anything, feels like a petty jab at me since I've cleaned you, sorry I don't feel like a charity worker to fix the eco, but I can make suggestions like this to help. 

u1DQZht.png

XoJ7oDS.pngnNue8f4.png

F56NWzR.png

VRK1wjX.png

Posted 09 January 2023 - 12:24 PM #6

RNG Bitch
Uber Donator

RNG Bitch
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      6d 21h 38m 21s

• Total level:
    Awards
I like this idea. Support!

3f5ed2ed4a3c19c9ac78fbd54ac5ac3c.png

Posted 09 January 2023 - 12:33 PM #7

Arclow
Elite Ironman

Arclow

• Time spent:
      3d 4h 3m 8s

• Total level:
    Awards
I support the idea of another way to sort the eco out.

I understand the increase in well cost was to target this but I personally feel like there’s more mid tier items than gp in the game that doesn’t have much sale value. Possibly a way to counter the increase in well cost is to increase the value of items that are deposited into it. 200m is a steep price when majority of the server is Ironman based.

Posted 09 January 2023 - 12:46 PM #8

Eternal Donator

• Time spent:
      26d 18h 38m 3s

• Previous username:
    GayAsAids

• Total level:
    Awards

If everyone would everyone ::empty their bank eco would also be fixed, but it's not mine nor everyone elses responsibility to fix the eco by giving up what they have. You and polton had plenty of time with a large bank to do charity work yet the eco still isn't fixed. This, if anything, feels like a petty jab at me since I've cleaned you, sorry I don't feel like a charity worker to fix the eco, but I can make suggestions like this to help.

You’re right. We raised over $3,500 for charity while we had money. And it wasn’t a jab, it’s a legitimate answer lol. When you dump bulk stacks at lowest on tp how is that helping anything? You are just hurting the item eco. Look what happened to scythes since you’ve been dumping. 3.2 from when I had down to 2.4 with you. It’s actually simple economics.. When the main shareholder dumps the company suffers.

forgot to add, not asking you to get rid of anything that you have. We know you could never give anything up. Just stating you shouldn’t be dumping bulk mid/high items in tp undercutting. And I’m not cleaned, Ill be waiting brother

Posted 09 January 2023 - 12:51 PM #9

Variant
Classic

Variant

• Time spent:
      16d 7h 46m 58s

• Previous username:
    VARlANT

• Total level:
    Awards

You’re right. We raised over $3,500 for charity while we had money. And it wasn’t a jab, it’s a legitimate answer lol. When you dump bulk stacks at lowest on tp how is that helping anything? You are just hurting the item eco. Look what happened to scythes since you’ve been dumping. 3.2 from when I had down to 2.4 with you. It’s actually simple economics.. When the main shareholder dumps the company suffers.

And after raising that charity look at how the eco still isn’t fixed, what I’m proposing is a permanent solution. And please don’t assume the prices of scythes dumped because of me, I haven’t sold a single one for under 3b, the scythe price drop is because the item is almost dead content and outclassed by the tbow in the majority of situations, and barely any better than a rapier that’s bills cheaper. Also yes I’m selling my items in tp for cheap because why the hell do I want multiples of items that are going to go down in price anyways because of bidding wars? You expect me to fix the eco as if it’s my problem or my responsibility, sorry to let you know it’s simply not. I obviously would not suffer if this does or doesn’t get added, but I’m hearing others issues and trying to come up with a solution since obviously having an eco holder do charity work isn’t a fix nor a long term solution. If you have anything constructive to add feel free but please keep your hands out of my pockets

u1DQZht.png

XoJ7oDS.pngnNue8f4.png

F56NWzR.png

VRK1wjX.png

Posted 09 January 2023 - 12:52 PM #10

Iron Cap
User

Iron Cap

• Time spent:
      8d 21h 46m 15s

• Total level:
    Awards

This would not help the economy in anyway gp sink>item sink imo both are important but gp is more important

Posted 09 January 2023 - 01:02 PM #11

Variant
Classic

Variant

• Time spent:
      16d 7h 46m 58s

• Previous username:
    VARlANT

• Total level:
    Awards

This would not help the economy in anyway gp sink>item sink imo both are important but gp is more important

Care to explain why a gp sink is more important? Currently the frustrations I see most from skilling in the bank is players waiting long periods for their relatively useful items to sell without getting in a bidding war and tanking the price for a period of time

u1DQZht.png

XoJ7oDS.pngnNue8f4.png

F56NWzR.png

VRK1wjX.png

Posted 09 January 2023 - 01:03 PM #12

Tauri

Event Manager

Tauri
Clan: ESTSOF

• Time spent:
      118d 19h 16m 43s

• Previous username:
    Not Tauri

• Total level:
    Awards

No support.

I am down for any other item sinks than staff members having access to some sort of an account where a tax goes to, does not help the game whatsoever.

Edit: It is not up to a single individual or a staff team to control the market. There must be a system implemented for sinking the items, not having people tryna be desperate for GP and reduce the prices of high-end gear. For example: Scythe, Lightbearer, Spectrals, Fangs, Rapiers etc. People get them and tryna get rid of them asap, asking for much less than it is supposed to be.

CAQfOl.gif

Promoted to Server Support - 5/07/2022

Promoted to Server Moderator - 24/07/2022

Promoted to Forum Moderator - 28/08/2022

Promoted to Global Moderator - 02/10/2022

Promoted to Event Manager - 01/12/2022

Posted 09 January 2023 - 01:40 PM #13

Variant
Classic

Variant

• Time spent:
      16d 7h 46m 58s

• Previous username:
    VARlANT

• Total level:
    Awards

No support.

I am down for any other item sinks than staff members having access to some sort of an account where a tax goes to, does not help the game whatsoever.

Edit: It is not up to a single individual or a staff team to control the market. There must be a system implemented for sinking the items, not having people tryna be desperate for GP and reduce the prices of high-end gear. For example: Scythe, Lightbearer, Spectrals, Fangs, Rapiers etc. People get them and tryna get rid of them asap, asking for much less than it is supposed to be.

I agree that this isn’t the best fix, but it’s literally what OSRS did because they couldn’t come up with a better one. Unless we release a skill like in rs3 where they destroy items to make others better i didn’t see a better way to fix this as permanent as this suggestion.

u1DQZht.png

XoJ7oDS.pngnNue8f4.png

F56NWzR.png

VRK1wjX.png

Posted 09 January 2023 - 03:11 PM #14

Real Vikings
Banned

Real Vikings

• Time spent:
      8d 2h 23m 11s

• Previous username:
    Real Tyrants

• Total level:
    Awards

this isnt even a issue with the eco holders, and 17 no disrespect by saying this, you cant tell varlant not to sell his items on tp in quantities he does because he won them fair and square, you wouldnt like someone trying to tell you you cant use the items you have.

the post has some potential but it wouldn't be enough to fix, nor would help much in terms of sinking, sure prices will fluctuate more with items being took out the game, but theirs years upon years of thousands of players progress throughout this server, weather active or not so, people can quite easily come back. The only way i see the eco being fixed is a full on reset, but that would not happen, and i dont mean just a reset, i mean other things being put into play as alternative sinks along with a reset, we have a well for xp, why not make one designated for strictly loyalty points, i know you get a bonus for a minimum of 2.5m donated, but say you added a complete separate well with multipliers upto x3 loyalty points for maximum contributors, and have it as a solo thing, so people have to put gp in to benefit, and how much they put in determines how much of a boost they get.

i know a eco reset wont ever happen and not suggesting it out of common sense but adding multiple cash sinks will help aswell, ideas can be:

a well for loyalty points: multipliers going from 1.1-3x depending on how much an individual puts in, and it would be a personal well, not a server wide buff, this would encourage more players to contribute and not leach with ''yell4well'' 

a well for drop rate boost: multiplyers going from your base drop rate, upto a 5% or 10% increase, with a hefty donation to get the full 5 or 10%, again not a server wide buff, individual, to prevent leaching and encourage participation.

hell you could add a premium zone for skilling: kind of like dz but you pay an entry fee like resource area and inside you have a 50-75% increase on speed of fishing, or chance to gather extra noted resources 1-3, which could stack with the donation rank perk. with banks close to fishing/wc spots, and a wide range of good useful things, karambwams, anglers, mantas.

it could also work with hunter in a way, since you cant really change speed, you can give a chance for your box to be double effective, trapping two at once, granting an extra chinchompa, or imp if your lucky enough to have a spawn.

you could also aternativly have a system were you invest gp to get a vote towards the next event or boost, if 10-20m is a single vote, and you can have a maximum of 5 votes on it, like a ingame poll board, and it will show the progress of each event offered, and how many votes for each have been baught

all these things, could be a help to reduce gp.

Posted 09 January 2023 - 05:29 PM #15

gim crohn
Group Ironman

gim crohn

• Time spent:
      9d 22h 38m 39s

• Total level:
    Awards

I support this concept but I agree with @Tauri and others with not leaving staff in control of it. 

Lets be real, the staff is a volunteer group of biased individuals who while they are trying their best, will in the end have members who act in their interests as we've seen with countless staff who've come and gone for various reasons. We can pretend like the current/future staff team is perfect and lick their boots or we can be realistic and understand that a system with the opportunity to be abused will always be abused in the end by humans with access to power. Although there likely are systems in existence where staff influence the economy either with or without public knowledge, that doesn't mean adding another is a good idea.

This system is largely based on the OSRS system, and there is no reason apart from lack of development capability that this couldn't be implemented here as well. It is not comprehensive solution and we need to find a way to incentivize item sinks because people act in their own interests. @17 and anyone else trying to shame someone for how they chose to play the game is beyond irrelevant and childish - blaming a player for playing the game in a different way is just airing out personal grievances and a petty distraction from the real issue - a systematic one that is in place because the game is designed in such a way to monopolize wealth in the hands of the few.

The only real, meaningful, long term change that can come will only come from built-in changes to the game's economy based on an incentive structure. Example: a pet/drop booster effect when someone donates X amount into the well, or some sort of meaningful social reward when a wealthy player eliminates large wealth from the game. 

UMnEjFQ.png

4152348766b38bfc37ae3ffead4bff9e.png

Posted 09 January 2023 - 07:53 PM #16

Ivy
Ex-Staff

Ivy
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      81d 21h 20m 35s

• Previous username:
    Misfit EIM

• Total level:
    Awards
Very interesting discussions here.

I personally don't think allowing the higher-ups to handle something like this would be the best idea. Not because of the trust side of things, but there will always be doubt from certain members of the community that they aren't doing what is intended. Even though that this wouldn't be the case.

While we have recently had a change to the well to help combat this in some matter, I don't believe this is enough, especially when you notice that the well is not on as much as what it used to be.

While I'm not bagging this idea, I don't believe this would be the best solution. But I can say, I would love to see other alternate solutions to add in to combat this.

I'm neutral on this, simply for the fact that I'm not for this idea, but something does need to be added.

Posted Image

(っ◔◡◔)っ Community Awards:

Spoiler

Posted 09 January 2023 - 08:12 PM #17

Same Name
Realism

Same Name

• Time spent:
      2d 1h 57m 8s

• Total level:
    Awards

Neutral

But what I would say is if this is the next way of doing things there needs to be GP sinks to take place to compensate for these changes. Perhaps getting rid of chest drops or making it so the well requires half GP and half items. Otherwise, we will have no items and way too much GP.

Posted 09 January 2023 - 08:17 PM #18

Variant
Classic

Variant

• Time spent:
      16d 7h 46m 58s

• Previous username:
    VARlANT

• Total level:
    Awards

Very interesting discussions here.

I personally don't think allowing the higher-ups to handle something like this would be the best idea. Not because of the trust side of things, but there will always be doubt from certain members of the community that they aren't doing what is intended. Even though that this wouldn't be the case.

While we have recently had a change to the well to help combat this in some matter, I don't believe this is enough, especially when you notice that the well is not on as much as what it used to be.

While I'm not bagging this idea, I don't believe this would be the best solution. But I can say, I would love to see other alternate solutions to add in to combat this.

I'm neutral on this, simply for the fact that I'm not for this idea, but something does need to be added.

Nerfing the well was a bad call imo, it's diminishing returns from what I've seen but I could be wrong. I just wish this was discussed with the community prior and give us options while also making it clear that something 100% will be done, but this is a dictatorship on some updates, maybe rightfully so, since I doubt players would vote to make things harder.

As far as disagreeing with no alternative sugesetion, it's a common theme on these comments, I'd ask for players to at least try and brain storm alternatives. At this point it feels like everyone is agreeing that something needs to be done, while not wanting to do much of anything. It's parallizing forward momentum and at the end of the day this thread will be declined with no problem/solution to move forward with.

u1DQZht.png

XoJ7oDS.pngnNue8f4.png

F56NWzR.png

VRK1wjX.png

Posted 09 January 2023 - 08:31 PM #19

Ivy
Ex-Staff

Ivy
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      81d 21h 20m 35s

• Previous username:
    Misfit EIM

• Total level:
    Awards

As far as disagreeing with no alternative sugesetion, it's a common theme on these comments, I'd ask for players to at least try and brain storm alternatives. At this point it feels like everyone is agreeing that something needs to be done, while not wanting to do much of anything. It's parallizing forward momentum and at the end of the day this thread will be declined with no problem/solution to move forward with.

It's not about disagreeing with you and your suggestion nor not wanting to do much about it.

This thread is good, because it shows you that players agree that something needs to be done about it, whether or not that is what you suggested or not. It creates and sparks a much needed conversation.

I don't have the answers you are wanting. The only things that come to my mind would be too overpowered and would not be accepted which is why I haven't put the suggestions forward. Once I do find a solution that I think might get accepted then I will post it.

Best of luck with your suggestion. I will still be staying neutral.

Posted Image

(っ◔◡◔)っ Community Awards:

Spoiler

Posted 10 January 2023 - 12:51 PM #20

Riley Raids
Elite Ironman

Riley Raids
Clan: AFTERMATH

• Time spent:
      1d 4h 48m 46s

• Previous username:
    The Fantasy

• Total level:
    Awards
Full server reset with donator ranks and usernames kept for players up to date of reset but a fresh account. Or a second world to log in to but that might end up killing 1 world and you end up with 2 servers. Idk its hard for the eco on here to be stable and fast selling as osrs because it just doesnt have enough players to balance it out. I don't think there is a way to fix eco on here. You basicly are stuck selling the items overtime and cleaning some player who bought bonds and bought the gear you end up not being able to sell and he quits. Must be the curse of being eco on here i guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 105 user(s)