Tbow Loc

• Time spent:
      49d 20h 53m 18s

• Previous username:
    Tae Iron

• Total level:
    Awards

What is your suggestion?:

The Collector NPC serves as a method for players to add items that they have previously obtained but are not in their collection logs to their collection logs. Currently, players are only able to add non-trabeable items to their collection logs via The Collector (presumably as a preventative measure so that players cannot buy items and add them to their collection logs). As a result, Ironmen are unable to add tradeable items that they've obtained to their logs and will have to spend hours upon hours to reobtain their items just for the log slot. Please change it so that ironmen and hardcore ironmen can add tradeable items to their logs via The Collector. I will include pictures at the bottom of this post.

Is this in OSRS?:

N/A

Has this suggestion been accepted already?:

Not that I'm aware of

How would this benefit Alora?:

As I'm sure all of us adults are aware, time is a valuable commodity. Please implement this change. It will save players many hours.

Here I have an Ecumenical Key, that does not show up in my log, that I can't add via The Collector.

eb89d63b54794f115c8ff47d20adc68f.png

9131fc994f1780b8e81775270c5b880a.png

Posted Image

Posted 25 March 2023 - 08:49 PM #2

Not Magnata

Veteran

Not Magnata

• Time spent:
      95d 10h 14m 6s

• Previous username:
    7 Psychodual

• Total level:
    Awards
Support if there is a way to do that avoiding the possible manipulations.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 25 March 2023 - 09:00 PM #3

Tbow Loc
Veteran

Tbow Loc

• Time spent:
      49d 20h 53m 18s

• Previous username:
    Tae Iron

• Total level:
    Awards

Support if there is a way to do that avoiding the possible manipulations.

Agreed! At the very least, it could be implemented for regular ironmen/hardcore ironmen seeing as they are incapable of trading and don't have any partners  :khaledthink:

Posted Image

Posted 25 March 2023 - 09:26 PM #4

A BJ
Veteran

A BJ
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      30d 18h 30m 15s

• Previous username:
    Eimscout2444

• Total level:
    Awards

Yes agree with this 100%. i have several items i would rather not have to grind just to put them in my collection log

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 25 March 2023 - 10:34 PM #5

Mack
Veteran

Mack
Clan: Noobcord

• Time spent:
      448d 21h 39m 56s

• Total level:
    Awards

No support.

It doesn't make sense to enable a feature like this for a selective number of game modes when the game news channel can prove that a player of any game mode authentically obtained an item. At least for announced drops. This would provide an unfair advantage to the game modes mentioned despite any player being able to demonstrate valid proof that they obtained a drop legitimately. Yet they would be forced to regrind the same drop if they wanted to fill the slot again just because of their game mode.

Posted 25 March 2023 - 10:52 PM #6

Selenagomez
Veteran

Selenagomez
Clan: Paragon #FAFO

• Time spent:
      65d 16h 32m 14s

• Previous username:
    Run IT BACK

• Total level:
    Awards

i support your topic

• 1 likes this
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 25 March 2023 - 11:06 PM #7

Tbow Loc
Veteran

Tbow Loc

• Time spent:
      49d 20h 53m 18s

• Previous username:
    Tae Iron

• Total level:
    Awards

No support.

It doesn't make sense to enable a feature like this for a selective number of game modes when the game news channel can prove that a player of any game mode authentically obtained an item. At least for announced drops. This would provide an unfair advantage to the game modes mentioned despite any player being able to demonstrate valid proof that they obtained a drop legitimately. Yet they would be forced to regrind the same drop if they wanted to fill the slot again just because of their game mode.

I can definitely see where you're coming from. Ideally, if it were feasible, it should be available to all ironmen, but the fact that It's not available to some game modes because of the questionable integrity of other game modes doesn't seem completely fair either. It's a preventative measure for some games modes and, as a result, the other ones are getting screwed over.

• 1 likes this
Posted Image

Posted 26 March 2023 - 05:50 AM #8

Xo
Group Ironman

Xo

• Time spent:
      9d 14h 8m 43s

• Previous username:
    76ers

• Total level:
    Awards

support

count my dusk mystic pieces !!!!!!!

ed13a5ba8659812e7244c6211eec6c36.png

200m's

- Range / Magic / Hitpoints

- Farming / Woodcutting / Prayer

- Thieving / Cooking

Posted 26 March 2023 - 07:34 AM #9

It Happened
Veteran

It Happened
Clan: Ice

• Time spent:
      31d 23h 53m 24s

• Previous username:
    Gonna Dc

• Total level:
    Awards

same as most said support but as long as there's a way to implement it without it getting abused

Posted Image

Posted 26 March 2023 - 10:25 AM #10

Rooger
Group Ironman

Rooger
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      13d 11h 12m 7s

• Total level:
    Awards

support from me

Posted 26 March 2023 - 01:11 PM #11

H
Administrator

H

• Time spent:
      214d 56m 39s

• Previous username:
    2OO8

• Total level:
    Awards

No support. Like Mack said earlier, it doesn't make sense to allow restricted game modes to unlock items in the collection log when many other players unlocked these items in the past as well. 

Posted Image
Spoiler

Posted 27 March 2023 - 09:11 PM #12

UnCreative
Ironman

UnCreative
Clan: Ironman OG

• Time spent:
      12d 6h 28m 11s

• Total level:
    Awards

enable this for restricted accounts,
other accounts cant be policed so they just cant participate in this update.

anything for the green text in log.

UnCreative 70 days played
Alora sweater owner < Actually such a flex

DenzelCurry ~ 9 days played Maxed UIM

Too many to count Dead HCIM

Posted 27 March 2023 - 10:43 PM #13

To gain

Administrator

To gain

• Time spent:
      554d 8h 25m 17s

• Total level:
    Awards
No support, i agree with mack and casual.
And even if accepted it should only be done for reg ironman / hcim / uim, since these are the only account types that cannot trade at all.

Posted Image

Posted 29 March 2023 - 03:50 AM #14

Veteran

Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      299d 6h 1m 39s

• Previous username:
    Monaco

• Total level:
    Awards

No support.

Game news wasn't implemented until late 2019. Also, I don't think it would even be feasible to implement a validation system like that.

If the above is the case, then it would make sense to implement this system only for Ironmen.

No support. Like Mack said earlier, it doesn't make sense to allow restricted game modes to unlock items in the collection log when many other players unlocked these items in the past as well. 

Because it couldn't necessarily be proved, see above.

Support from me.

Posted 29 March 2023 - 05:08 PM #15

Tbow Loc
Veteran

Tbow Loc

• Time spent:
      49d 20h 53m 18s

• Previous username:
    Tae Iron

• Total level:
    Awards

I don't understand the rationale behind that thought process. This update would only impact a select group of ironmen who have items to be claimed. Moving forward, post claiming these items, everything will be the same. All the new ironmen accounts will be the same, it will not even apply to these accounts. Ironmen with partners may not be able to but why should regular ironmen suffer in exchange? Some "ironmen" are capable of outright buying items yet that was never called into question as being unfair when regular ironmen don't have the same luxury. This strikes me as very similar to the "I paid for college so everyone else should too" argument.

Posted Image

Posted 29 March 2023 - 07:40 PM #16

mochiii
Ironman

mochiii

• Time spent:
      108d 9h 25m 46s

• Previous username:
    HC Ashley

• Total level:
    Awards

As for someone that goes after collection log slots/items i really like this idea, but a lot of valid points were made above along with some of my concerns with this idea (don't get me wrong i wanted this to begin with, but as i read/thought about it more im sorta NEUTRAL about it.

1. If accepted as stated above this should be only directed towards Iron / Hc iron / UIM these are the only game modes that are hard locked to their account without the accessibility to trade/transfer between others. So all in all everything they have in their banks/inventories were gained by them and them alone.
    • WIth this as @ Mack mentioned other game modes will be left out rather than it be a server wide QOL and im sure a lot of eim/gim/etc... have achieved items themselves that are tradable but were not previously part of the collection log and will be an unfair advantage for those that hunt.
  2. My biggest concern (no shot towards our developers) one day on a off update some how somewhere something breaks and the collection log manager starts to accept tradable log completions that were only ment for Iron/HC/UIM if passed in point one. With a history of bugs that do get sorted out this can potentially ruin a future highscore update if it gets abused.
  3. @ 1 mentioned about the game_news being added in 2019 and to create that whole fair advantage for everyone's log to be updated i think will be a "waste" of development time to setup a method to load previous news data into their respective accounts

I stay NEUTRAL about this even tho i would benefit greatly from its pros.

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support - 5/15/2021

Promoted to Server Moderator - 6/13/2021

Demoted from Server Moderator - 10/9/2021

Community Awards

Spoiler

Screenies

Spoiler

Posted 01 April 2023 - 02:10 AM #17

Pozzz
Extreme Donator

Pozzz

• Time spent:
      14d 10h 19m 18s

• Total level:
    Awards

I'm no developer by any sorts but this sounds like a nightmare to code, Lets say you do allow non-trading game modes to just give the collector every item in their bank, what about the others? GIM/Realists/Normies? Feels like this pushes an update for a portion of the player base whereas normies would love to have certain things in their collection log that they got pre-collection log update. (Myself included)

Game news wasn't implemented until late 2019. Also, I don't think it would even be feasible to implement a validation system like that.

If the above is the case, then it would make sense to implement this system only for Ironmen.

Because it couldn't necessarily be proved, see above.

Support from me.

With this basis, do you not think that anyone who isn't an ironman would be disturbed that ironmen get this feature but they don't? If you were to implement this for ironmen only there will be an outrage, maybe a little one but still, people would definitely be pissed. 

TLDR; This is a coding nightmare and will be near impossible to implement without disturbing the other game modes.

For the sake of "Equality"   towards the player base  : No Support

Izq1AAUg.png

Posted 06 April 2023 - 02:04 PM #18

Omicron

Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      419d 6h 41m 28s

• Total level:
    Awards

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+. There's no way to do this fairly. It'd be only for UIM/HCIM/Ironman players, and it wouldn't be possible to do for normal/classic/realism/gim/hcgim/eim (since items can be traded between ironmen in these modes), which is the reason OSRS does not do this either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 69 user(s)