Veteran

Not Magnata

• Time spent:
      95d 9h 53m 24s

• Previous username:
    7 Psychodual

• Total level:
    Awards

What is your suggestion?: Change the current options to extend slayer task.

Is this in OSRS?: Not sure tbh

Has this suggestion been accepted already?: Not sure tbh

How would this benefit Alora?: We would not need to keep paying 50-120 points per monster we want more kills from him when getting a task.

I suggest re-making this tab and simply adding options to extend or decrease the current task amount of kills you get by 25% or so by a fair cost of points per time.

How it is at the moment

m8APqik.png

With that being added, we would have the option to extend and to decrease the amount of slayer task we like to do and the ones which are boring, quickly doing that by trading with slayer master at any time and whatever task it is, not needing to pay 50-120 points for every different monster from the many options. also because we are not in always wanting to do an high or low amount of kill in the same monster, every day.

Honestly, I tried the 'Store' option, but this implementation would be better, also bringing the option to shorten as well as extend.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 31 March 2023 - 07:01 PM #2

BobaGanousch
Group Ironman

BobaGanousch
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      3d 18h 43m 57s

• Total level:
    Awards

I like the concept of the idea but I don't think it would work in practice. There are too many variables to consider here. There are certain donor perks that escape this problem, such as being able to skip tasks for free, extended block lists, being able to choose your task. The ability to extend the tasks, at least for most players, is a one time investment. I think it's too niche of a need for players who only sometimes want to extend their task. I think something that could be added that works somewhat in the middle, is that for tasks you have extended, the slayer master asks if you would like an extended version of the task or a normal amount, kind of like when they ask what kind of tzhaar task you want or if you want to repeat your same task from the slayer cape perk. (Or for the perk to just be toggleable) In regards to lowering the amount of kills in a task, I think the donor perks of having an extended block list / skipping tasks are more than suitable for not doing tasks that you don't want to do. Something that I do think would be cool would be to have the ability to extend more tasks than just those available

Posted 31 March 2023 - 07:06 PM #3

Tbow Loc
Veteran

Tbow Loc

• Time spent:
      49d 20h 53m 7s

• Previous username:
    Tae Iron

• Total level:
    Awards

I think something that could be added that works somewhat in the middle, is that for tasks you have extended, the slayer master asks if you would like an extended version of the task or a normal amount

I definitely agree with you on that

Posted Image

Posted 31 March 2023 - 11:00 PM #4

Not Magnata

Veteran

Not Magnata

• Time spent:
      95d 9h 53m 24s

• Previous username:
    7 Psychodual

• Total level:
    Awards
I like the concept of the idea but I don't think it would work in practice. There are too many variables to consider here. There are certain donor perks that escape this problem, such as being able to skip tasks for free, extended block lists, being able to choose your task. The ability to extend the tasks, at least for most players, is a one time investment. I think it's too niche of a need for players who only sometimes want to extend their task.

These donator perks would still be there with their purpose and this suggestion too, since it's in a different purpose.

The main purpose of this suggestion is for slayer streak hunters keep their streak without having to pay 10-30 slayer points every time to skip task, and when they get out of points, having to do 100% the kill amount they get from slayer master, also avoiding skipping tasks for free but resetting current slayer streak.

It may have almost the same purpose as for paying 10-30 points to skip current slayer task (depending on donator status) but, my suggestion is to bring both options to Increasing/Decreasing current amount of slayer task by 25% paying 5 points per time. (example) (points cost also maybe could be based on donator status).

- An example can go for when i'm looking for Kalphites tasks to hunt in for weekend pvm hunt event and I want to get 25% more kills than I already get in the start. (Resetting streak)

- Other example can go for when I get 70 Black Demons to kill but I want to decrease the amount of kills by 25% since it takes long time. (Do not wanting to reset streak).

Instead of paying 10-30 slayer points to skip the task and try another one, I would do the task but I would have an option to increase and decrease the kill amount, but paying less than for skipping it since I would eventually complete the task.

I think something that could be added that works somewhat in the middle, is that for tasks you have extended, the slayer master asks if you would like an extended version of the task or a normal amount, kind of like when they ask what kind of tzhaar task you want or if you want to repeat your same task from the slayer cape perk. (Or for the perk to just be toggleable) In regards to lowering the amount of kills in a task, I think the donor perks of having an extended block list / skipping tasks are more than suitable for not doing tasks that you don't want to do. Something that I do think would be cool would be to have the ability to extend more tasks than just those available

The idea you said also sounds good, but would be better if also bringing option to decrease current amount of kills you want in.

at all, my idea of the re-work in there would make it more professional and in a different tab.

The question here is not about skipping/blocking tasks 'you don't like to do', but, keeping the tasks you do not like to do but you need to do because you are on streak and do not want to spend too many time and points only to skip it and get another one.

Hope my explanations and the main purpose of the idea are making sense.  <3

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 02 April 2023 - 03:11 PM #5

mochiii
Ironman

mochiii

• Time spent:
      108d 9h 1m 39s

• Previous username:
    HC Ashley

• Total level:
    Awards

No support

Extends task - https://oldschool.ru...et_of_slaughter

Decreases task - https://oldschool.ru...itious_bracelet

Can also reset/skip task using points and wont ruin streak.

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support - 5/15/2021

Promoted to Server Moderator - 6/13/2021

Demoted from Server Moderator - 10/9/2021

Community Awards

Spoiler

Screenies

Spoiler

Posted 02 April 2023 - 03:18 PM #6

Not Magnata

Veteran

Not Magnata

• Time spent:
      95d 9h 53m 24s

• Previous username:
    7 Psychodual

• Total level:
    Awards

No support

Extends task - https://oldschool.ru...et_of_slaughter

Decreases task - https://oldschool.ru...itious_bracelet

Can also reset/skip task using points and wont ruin streak.

Didnt knew about that tbf, Real Alan have told me about it earlier today tho.

Since those items are here, maybe this suggestion would not be needed.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 05 April 2023 - 03:06 AM #7

Dozer
Group Ironman

Dozer

• Time spent:
      8d 21h 54m 51s

• Previous username:
    Broganz

• Total level:
    Awards

The bracelets are used for this, I haven't played in a while. I remember one of them gems being extremely hard to get without gem mining (super donator). Not sure if anythings changed. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 63 user(s)