Posted 09 April 2024 - 09:12 AM #1

canoxino
User

canoxino

• Time spent:
      1h 1m 53s

• Total level:

What is your suggestion?:

Reworkig the Aereal fishing minigame. I've just finished the quest log for the mage arena and found it super interesting, not only you get the points but you can also get the drops directly from killing the mages. Right now i'm trying to complete the Aereal fishing log and find it super boring. I'm literaly on my own with no interesting rewards (In some places it's called dead content). Firstly i was thinking of sugesting to increase the pearls drop rate, but if that sounds to much a good way to rework it would be to make it like the mage arena. Just start fishing, getting pearls and having a chance to get a log slot drop at the same time (just by fishing).

Is this in OSRS?:

Nope

Has this suggestion been accepted already?:

Not that i know of

How would this benefit Alora?:

One less painfull grind of a worhtless content (My opinion).

Just the fishsack is 500 pearl and i just want to cry...

Posted 09 April 2024 - 09:38 AM #2

redcar
User

redcar

• Time spent:
      39d 15h 49m 33s

• Total level:
    Awards

cry is free, support.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
my spoon
Spoiler

my besties
Spoiler

Awards
Spoiler

Posted 09 April 2024 - 12:29 PM #3

Co
Classic

Co

• Time spent:
      2d 59m 11s

• Previous username:
    sfs

• Total level:

i like that idea of giving it regularly fishing AND maybe add some unique stuff to the rewards shop.

Posted 09 April 2024 - 02:57 PM #4

Thelos
Donator

Thelos

• Time spent:
      2d 1h 14m 37s

• Total level:
    Awards

You can get Golden tench and trade it for 100 Molch pearls. 

Yes, long process to finish clog, but who said that it has to be easy?

No support from me.

Posted 09 April 2024 - 03:43 PM #5

Phosani

Group Ironman

Phosani

• Time spent:
      7d 1h 32m 3s

• Previous username:
    Zuk my GIM

• Total level:
    Awards

Recently did this for the Angler outfit (and want to return eventually to finish the log as well), and as boring as it is, it really didn't take all that long to get the 200 pearls for the whole Angler set. Took the duration of 2.5 vote books (2 hours ish). You can also get the golden tench as a drop as well, although it's 1/20k. Would be cool tho to maybe either have a server boost for 1.5x pearls, or potentially increase the pearl rate just a tad. Also like the idea of having the chance to potentially fish up a piece of the angler outfit itself while there.

3PVoOn1.png

59FsmXU.png

Achievements:

Spoiler

Posted 09 April 2024 - 09:03 PM #6

praxi gim
Group Ironman

praxi gim

• Time spent:
      4d 9h 9m 24s

• Total level:
    Awards
As someone who actually did the green log grind for Ariel fishing, it needs a drop rate buff on pearls. Sure the 200 for outfit doesn't take too long (3-4 hours) but anything outside of that is obnoxious and a complete disregard for people's time. Support

Posted 09 April 2024 - 09:26 PM #7

Mtam
Ex-Staff

Mtam
Clan: Lunar Isle

• Time spent:
      63d 13h 31m 55s

• Total level:
    Awards

ive always been personally skewed on having these logs even ingame in the 1st place. even as useless ones some of the logs can be that make the game 'complete' on osrs for example. i still enjoy having them as close to the main game as possible even if its 'dead content or content that forces me to have completed in the name of completion'

Posted 09 April 2024 - 09:43 PM #8

praxi gim
Group Ironman

praxi gim

• Time spent:
      4d 9h 9m 24s

• Total level:
    Awards

ive always been personally skewed on having these logs even ingame in the 1st place. even as useless ones some of the logs can be that make the game 'complete' on osrs for example. i still enjoy having them as close to the main game as possible even if its 'dead content or content that forces me to have completed in the name of completion'

the problem is that alora is making an effort to be easier than osrs in terms of time investment by having higher exp rates, higher drop rates, faster grow times for farming etc etc etc. Having grinds like this as close to osrs as possible completely goes against the grain for no reason, especially something so trivial like ariel fishing rewards

Posted 09 April 2024 - 09:46 PM #9

Mtam
Ex-Staff

Mtam

• Time spent:
      63d 13h 31m 55s

• Total level:
    Awards

the problem is that alora is making an effort to be easier than osrs in terms of time investment by having higher exp rates, higher drop rates, faster grow times for farming etc etc etc. Having grinds like this as close to osrs as possible completely goes against the grain for no reason, especially something so trivial like ariel fishing rewards

nono, im referring to the actual content itself, like there isnt skipping phases or nulled objects/missing pieces of content that doesnt make it feel realistic in comparison to the main game. as for the completion rate of it. i think the current state of the game is lowkey perfect balance of effort equates to reward ratio so not everyone has everything in a particular timeframe

Posted 09 April 2024 - 10:01 PM #10

praxi gim
Group Ironman

praxi gim

• Time spent:
      4d 9h 9m 24s

• Total level:
    Awards

nono, im referring to the actual content itself, like there isnt skipping phases or nulled objects/missing pieces of content that doesnt make it feel realistic in comparison to the main game. as for the completion rate of it. i think the current state of the game is lowkey perfect balance of effort equates to reward ratio so not everyone has everything in a particular timeframe

I do agree with you that having the content as close to osrs as possible is a big plus. The actual resource/point generation of some of these activities though are completely disproportionate for the time/reward ratio that they have. Mahogany homes is another good example. The activity itself is damn close to osrs which is good, but I'm currently 25m construction exp from the mini game and I don't even have enough points for the outfit, let alone the other rewards. Aries fishing is, in my opinion, in the category of 'needs speeding up'

Posted 09 April 2024 - 10:12 PM #11

Mtam
Ex-Staff

Mtam

• Time spent:
      63d 13h 31m 55s

• Total level:
    Awards

I do agree with you that having the content as close to osrs as possible is a big plus. The actual resource/point generation of some of these activities though are completely disproportionate for the time/reward ratio that they have. Mahogany homes is another good example. The activity itself is damn close to osrs which is good, but I'm currently 25m construction exp from the mini game and I don't even have enough points for the outfit, let alone the other rewards. Aries fishing is, in my opinion, in the category of 'needs speeding up'

i think i calced for my completionist grind when i was last proactive ingame that by the time i finished mahogany homes log on my main, (iirc it net me 60m con xp without vote book bonus+xp boost).

in saying that, it made me think, should minigames like this scale to ones mode in regards to their xp rates. some people will view mahogany homes by the time you complete the log extremely excessive to end up with 60m guaranteed con xp using mahog planks since majority of the game dont play rsps with the xp focus in mind as their main priority

but on a positive note, this puts more emphasis on vote book mahogany homes point bonus keeping the prices looking healthy

Posted 10 April 2024 - 07:49 AM #12

Folivora
Super Donator

Folivora

• Time spent:
      15d 2h 1m 32s

• Total level:
    Awards

I agree it's a tedious minigame but the grind isn't longer then any other skilling outfit. No support from me.

Folivora-richest-in-game.png

Posted 11 April 2024 - 08:34 PM #13

H

Administrator

H

• Time spent:
      224d 20h 54m 50s

• Previous username:
    2OO8

• Total level:
    Awards

No support. I would be down to adding the Anglers' outfit to another source, but nothing else.

You're not forced to do Aerial fishing. It's simply an alternative to fishing that gives you passive hunter experience, with a collection log to grind for those that play for completionist reasons. Simply increasing pearl drop rate doesn't actually solve the issue of the content being boring to do, and adding pearls to normal fishing would allow you to complete the log without participating in the content, which is weird. You could make the argument of adding golden nuggets to ordinary mining to avoid MLM too.

Posted Image
Spoiler

Posted 12 April 2024 - 02:58 PM #14

GIM NoArN
Server Moderator

GIM NoArN

• Time spent:
      7d 17h 41m 13s

• Total level:
    Awards

As someone who completed the log on my normie, and, without using v books. I didn't find it that hard to do it.

And a log isn't supposed to be easy/fast to complete.

I don't see a reason to buff it up imo.

No support from me.

Awards:

Spoiler

Rng on my side:

YNolgEN.png

2Q7ptCx.png

xdHZk8f.png

viHhfPu.png

kbsocp1.png

qK6qTDm.png

A2ZNQLN.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 38 user(s)