limbless
Donator

limbless

• Time spent:
      1d 20h 48m 16s

•  Total level:

•  4 bugs found

What is your suggestion?:
Increase Trading Post listing slots to 64.

Is this in OSRS?:
In OSRS, players get 8 slots for trading - but they also have access to an economy of tens of thousands of buyers. Alora has maybe fifty non-Iron people that actively play (see; they interact with the economy, don't just gamble/bankstand the whole time.) Most items will NEVER be purchased, and their exchange prices never go down because they aren't even getting listed. 

Has this suggestion been accepted already?:
I doubt it.

How would this benefit Alora?:
I think it would be nice to spice up the economy a bit. Consider Puro Puro; you can get 'drops' that are supposedly worth several mil, but no one ever wants them. Doing 25 lucky imps is just a permanent -15 bank slots (under the assumption that you'll drop things like wizard hat (g)). Herbs, secondary ingredients, seeds, cooked food that isn't Anglerfish or Karambwan; none of these are ever worth listing on the trading post. They aren't worth enough and there isn't any demand. Increasing trading post slots to 64 would see more movement of items, more money to the less fortunate players, and more people able to gamble with the more fortunate players, keeping them around longer. Finally, it would be nice to search for items and see more than one listing. It makes the game feel dead to see zero items listed for a certain fruit tree seed or any other random item.

Posted 14 May 2024 - 09:26 PM #2

praxi gim
Group Ironman

praxi gim

• Time spent:
      10d 15h 20m 13s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  1 bugs found
The reason all the items you listed are inactivity traded is not because of the lack of trading slots, but because they can all be outright be bought mostly from npcs. No support whatsoever, it will just make the trading post be full of shit

Posted 15 May 2024 - 12:23 AM #3

Mtam
Ex-Staff

Mtam
Clan: Lunar Isle

• Time spent:
      65d 4h 43m 17s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  1 bugs found

i support this due to it capping out at only uber rank, i dont see why we cant increase the limit for the higher tiers considering most people just bypass the limit using alt accounts anyways.

even if it was to follow the traditional increase pattern 16, 20, 24, 28 extra for the remainders that havent been changed yet.

Posted 15 May 2024 - 12:26 AM #4

HoldinAP
Realism

HoldinAP
Clan: Looking for none toxic one.

• Time spent:
      17d 4h 44m 28s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  26 bugs found

Okey, so for more trading post, u get more slots when u have higher donor status (look for ::perks ingame command to see how many u get). from lucky imps, are Dragons arrows, dart tips, now that a item that ppl will buy always.

NO support.

Road To End Game

• Spoiler

Collection Log

Spoiler

Awards

Spoiler

Posted 15 May 2024 - 01:02 AM #5

Ruwk

Server Support

Ruwk

• Time spent:
      36d 4h 36m 6s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  22 bugs found

I would support increasing the limit by 4 for each rank. But to 64 is absolutely ridiculous. Also there is far more than 50 active non-ironmen. There's easily that many or more online at any given time.

No support.

| EIM "Lydo" | UIM "um im uim" | HCIM "Anticipation" | Classic "REWK" | Realism "uwk" | Main "Ruwk" |

Posted 15 May 2024 - 05:44 AM #6

Folivora
Super Donator

Folivora

• Time spent:
      18d 12h 29m 39s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  4 bugs found

64 slots is insane for all players. This would result in so many items being pumped in the Trading post that will never be sold. As of the uniques you get from puro puro, the latest update made it so you can store these items even when the set is not completed. These items we're already easy to get so they are not populair in the trading post.

No support

Folivora-richest-in-game.png

Posted 15 May 2024 - 06:57 AM #7

limbless
Donator

limbless

• Time spent:
      1d 20h 48m 16s

•  Total level:

•  4 bugs found

The reason all the items you listed are inactivity traded is not because of the lack of trading slots, but because they can all be outright be bought mostly from npcs. No support whatsoever, it will just make the trading post be full of shit

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry that an Ironman felt the need to post in a thread specifically about trading with other players, but I'll address your points.

Torstol seeds (I think it's dwarf weed and up but I'm not sure) cannot be bought from NPCs. Fruit tree seeds above Orange (papaya, pineapple, cumquat, and dragonfruit) cannot be bought from NPCs. These are from PVM only and infrequently traded due to the opportunity cost of listing them instead of something else. As for sharks and other supplies, why shouldn't players be allowed (read: not extremely discouraged by the system) to list their supplies even though the NPCs also sell them? Can you tell me specifically who that harms?

--------------

@Mtam I hadn't thought of using alt accounts. Thank you, I will certainly be doing that since the vocal minority of the player base doesn't seem to want Alora to grow.

---------------------

Okey, so for more trading post, u get more slots when u have higher donor status (look for ::perks ingame command to see how many u get). from lucky imps, are Dragons arrows, dart tips, now that a item that ppl will buy always.

NO support.

You certainly have a solid grasp on the English language, don't you? Specifically a death-grip, and I believe you're squeezing too hard.

Not everyone spawned into the world with infinite money. If you think getting donor rank is so easy, why don't you provide that service to others?

Lucky imps and Dragon imps are different, and have different drop tables. Thank you for your reply and I hope you have a wonderful day.

----------------------------

I would support increasing the limit by 4 for each rank. But to 64 is absolutely ridiculous. Also there is far more than 50 active non-ironmen. There's easily that many or more online at any given time.

No support.

Can you prove that claim? Can you go through the chat logs of (non-iron) people who hit the rare drop table and come out with more than, say, twenty names? I would be shocked if you could hit forty. Do you think having a more accessible economy would make for more staying power for both the elite and new players? Or no?

And what's it to you anyway, how many slots there are? It's an integer value. It would be the easiest thing in the world for the developers to change. There is already a scroll bar, the functionality is there; it's just a matter of whether or not the game is working for the community as a whole. I haven't ever seen your name in-game (maybe you play on alts? Maybe they are iron so this suggestion doesn't even affect you?) So I'm assuming you're one of the mega-rich who is done with Alora and just wants to stake everything on dds duels. If you'd like to provide any proof at all though, I welcome you to do so. Thank you for the reply.

-----------------------------

64 slots is insane for all players. This would result in so many items being pumped in the Trading post that will never be sold. As of the uniques you get from puro puro, the latest update made it so you can store these items even when the set is not completed. These items we're already easy to get so they are not populair in the trading post.

No support

Thank you for the reply. Can you tell me how you find items on the trading post? Do you page through a list of recently added items, or all items sorted by price? No, I actually don't think the trading post has either of those functionalities.

Right. So, importantly, the trading post works by searching for an item. If you think about it logically instead of emotionally, that means that the number of items listed doesn't change anything at all about "too many items being pumped" into the trading post. You will search for an item and see the item listed, sorted by whether the seller is online, and lowest to highest price. It only adds competition.

As for "items are easy to get so they aren't popular in the trading post" - - you're kind of making my point for me, and I don't think you realize that. If you can buy items from NPCs, why shouldn't you be able to buy them from players who want to offer them at a competitive price? Oh, you wanted a stale economy where only twenty or so items are actively traded? Okay, but why does that benefit you SO MUCH that you don't want the economy to change in a way that would benefit everyone else but you? Can you tell me specifically?

Thank you all for your posts and have wonderful days.

Posted 15 May 2024 - 08:40 AM #8

Folivora
Super Donator

Folivora

• Time spent:
      18d 12h 29m 39s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  4 bugs found

Thank you for the reply. Can you tell me how you find items on the trading post? Do you page through a list of recently added items, or all items sorted by price? No, I actually don't think the trading post has either of those functionalities.

Right. So, importantly, the trading post works by searching for an item. If you think about it logically instead of emotionally, that means that the number of items listed doesn't change anything at all about "too many items being pumped" into the trading post. You will search for an item and see the item listed, sorted by whether the seller is online, and lowest to highest price. It only adds competition.

As for "items are easy to get so they aren't popular in the trading post" - - you're kind of making my point for me, and I don't think you realize that. If you can buy items from NPCs, why shouldn't you be able to buy them from players who want to offer them at a competitive price? Oh, you wanted a stale economy where only twenty or so items are actively traded? Okay, but why does that benefit you SO MUCH that you don't want the economy to change in a way that would benefit everyone else but you? Can you tell me specifically?

My point is if you give all players 64 slots they are going to put in alot of items they dont want in their banks. Resulting in alot of items even below normal buying prices. Ofcourse more people are selling but I dont think its beneficial for the economy of the game to have alot of, let's say lower level skilling supplies in the trtading post. 

Then the items that are easy to get I am referring to the puro puro items. For example i have a guthix crozier in my tp at 1m for several weeks now. There are 2 other guthix crozier's in the TP at 46M and 102M respectfully. These are the items i'm talking about.

Ofcourse we are going to have more competition in the trading post but again, I don't think its benifical to the game.

Folivora-richest-in-game.png

Posted 15 May 2024 - 09:04 AM #9

limbless
Donator

limbless

• Time spent:
      1d 20h 48m 16s

•  Total level:

•  4 bugs found
I'll accept your difference of opinion on this matter @Folivora. I think early skilling supplies are a huge pain to get, and I lamped/used tears of guthix to get smithing, crafting and Construction to 80+.

There is very little demand for (ugly) treasure trail fashion items. I regularly see trimmed low-level armors and trimmed wizards robes on the ground. Seeing these items for low prices on the TP is a good thing, it reflects their low value and if someone wants it for collection log or whatever, they can have it.

I'm not struggling for bank space - yet - but the nature of the trading post being a "search for what you want" system makes it seem, to me, like putting unwanted items in the trading post is a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

Finally, I would LOVE to see more competition in sale prices. I think there is a lot of price fixing going on. Competition is an inherently good thing when speaking about markets. I wonder where the idea of "competition is bad" is coming from?

Posted 15 May 2024 - 11:58 AM #10

HoldinAP
Realism

HoldinAP
Clan: Looking for none toxic one.

• Time spent:
      17d 4h 44m 28s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  26 bugs found

I won't lie I love your replies, So what kind of items you wanna be more *competition* and like u have said *Increasing trading post slots to 64* Why u want to have huge trading posts? Cuz then u would increase more time of lookin' at tp.
And then I can see plus and minus.

+ U have a lot more savings = more items = more money to make in overnight.

- U will need to lower prices every hour because of how many players have slots and you will have to check what kind of prices are for that item. Cuz players first check history then do price.

And as you replied to me sayin' * If you think getting donor rank is so easy, why don't you provide that service to others?* I do provide help in Alora cc, I more provide that you don't make stupid mistakes that in the future will cost a lot, same goes to items WE do tell what is easy money makers and what items are in order so in the future you ready to step in, Killin NEX doing COX and leanin' TOB and TOA.

Have a nice day,  <3

Road To End Game

• Spoiler

Collection Log

Spoiler

Awards

Spoiler

Posted 15 May 2024 - 03:19 PM #11

limbless
Donator

limbless

• Time spent:
      1d 20h 48m 16s

•  Total level:

•  4 bugs found

+ U have a lot more savings = more items = more money to make in overnight.

- U will need to lower prices every hour because of how many players have slots and you will have to check what kind of prices are for that item. Cuz players first check history then do price.

This is a good summary of the results of the change if implemented, yes. I will add:

+ Clear out bank space

+ New players have increased access to low-tier materials
+ Older/wealthier players can do more merching if they like, thanks to more people being able to list their items. (I don't flip as a matter of conscience, but I know rich people like to get richer. Buying/selling stuff is just something for the elites to do.)
+ Easier price checking, no mysterious unlisted items with no sale history (There are more of these than you think!)

- It's change and some people hate change

- It makes donors feel less special for losing one (out of like a hundred) perks of being donors, and donors hate not feeling special

- There will be more uncertainty in prices early on, and it will take a bit of time getting used to price-checking things when there are actually listed prices to compare them against, rather than just guessing.
- During the first few days after the change, it may take a bit longer to list items, and there may be some re-adjusting as people realize what things cost in a free economy.

I thought this suggestion would be received well by the community, because some of the ads i've seen while voting for Alora specifically said "Free Economy." I'll grant that I've only been playing for a little over two weeks, but still I have yet to see that free economy. I see a price-fixed economy full of predatory pricing, dominated by the super-elite. 

Posted 15 May 2024 - 03:57 PM #12

strudelle

Veteran

strudelle

• Time spent:
      92d 19h 21m 34s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  15 bugs found

i would agree on adding more trading post  slots but 64 is maybe to much, i think like 10-20 more would be enought to add ''valuable'' stuff that could actually sell.

anyway as stated above we can just make tons of alt to put our crap in tp, so adding more slots wouldnt change the tp or make it more full.

support on more tp slots! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 30 user(s)