Photo

PVP Changes to Classic Mode - Video Example.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:52 PM #1

KP
Veteran

KP
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m 19s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

This is a followup to  http://www.alora.io/...o-classic-mode/

PLEASE read the description, and i am sorry if my editing sucks.

This is just to inform people that don't know  how pking in classic works, and to try and spread the word about the changes that me and most of the players think it needs to happen.

Thank you for watching.

Just so people don't think this is missleading, "bank loot" for  classics = pking people with max  cape and voids, the more untradeables the person has, the more money you get. Wich makes no sense whatsoever. It just pays the fact that you die and have to buy YOUR untradeables back.

Edited by King purple, 10 December 2017 - 09:05 PM.

KP | One | Horus

298b959afb3954f5e6e256eadcf3063d.png

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:01 PM #2

Watch Hentai
Classic

Watch Hentai
Clan: CLC

• Time spent:
      35d 10h 3m 8s

• Total level:
    Awards

I still support this because i see this all day too .

I hope we can find a sollution for this in the near future ;)

GOOD WORK PURPLE !

• KP likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:03 PM #3

Classic

Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      12d 13h 57m 20s

• Total level:
    Awards

definitely have my support. classic for sure needs a change of motion, would love to see the devs look into this.

• KP likes this
Posted Image

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:07 PM #4

Isekaii
Classic

Isekaii

• Time spent:
      49d 4h 5m 30s

• Total level:
    Awards

Yeah pking has as a classic should be more rewarding, to give classics a incentive to pk.

A classic player killing a normal player should wipe out all the items the classic would of been able to loot and be rewarded in a different way for example a cash drop, including cash that would come from untradeables.

Doing so there is more risk for a normal player to fight a classic player and more rewarding for the classic player to actually go pk.

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:08 PM #5

Vespina
Banned

Vespina

Clan: #Dynasty

• Time spent:
      5d 10h 52m 42s

• Previous username:
    Classic joke

• Total level:
    Awards

my support is given, all that just for bones? seems almost pointless pking considering with the lack of classic pkers.

• KP likes this
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:12 PM #6

KP
Veteran

KP

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m 19s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

Yeah pking has as a classic should be more rewarding, to give classics a incentive to pk.

A classic player killing a normal player should wipe out all the items the classic would of been able to loot and be rewarded in a different way for example a cash drop, including cash that would come from untradeables.

Doing so there is more risk for a normal player to fight a classic player and more rewarding for the classic player to actually go pk.

the thing is that the untradeables thing already happens, but it is not profiting unless you don't die at all, wich it won't happen obviously. 

there should be a rewarding system that doesnt have to include the other player having untradeables, it is easly abusable and making your main target voiders and ppl with max cape is completelly off the spirit of pking. And even so, it might not be profitable for you if you have to risk a certain ammount to kill them.

KP | One | Horus

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:15 PM #7

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

Definitely support some kind of reward for killing someone in the wilderness, even if it isn't their items so you aren't moving items from one economy to the other.

Maybe if there was something dropped based on the overall wealth risked? Even if it was half of what that value was, since Classic get half of most values in terms of GP received.

Example: Full Dharoks with other accessories wealth is equal to ~15m value in terms of drops, so classic players get 7.5m in drops, or even in statuettes and have to trade them into the emblem trader in wilderness (This isn't actual values, just a very vague example of what a solution could be).

I'm sure there is a better way but just a suggestion.

Regardless, in terms of something being done to Classic PvP Drops I support this suggestion.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:15 PM #8

HC Proxy
Ironman

HC Proxy
Clan: Iron Help

• Time spent:
      18d 9h 27m 1s

• Total level:
    Awards

I mean, it's the same as Ironman which is fair since it's an exclusive economy. Classics v Classics you get the drop which makes sense.  I think if you want to pk actively, you should do so on a normal account, making one and maxing takes no time at all and would be the better option.

That being said, I do like Xuf's idea of a token cash reward based on total risk. I doubt Classic players want the eco to be hit even harder after Rev Caves with people xfering from main to the classic, so if this was implemented it should be up to date with the current swap rates at either 1:4 or 1:3.5.

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:19 PM #9

KP
Veteran

KP

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m 19s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

I mean, it's the same as Ironman which is fair since it's an exclusive economy. Classics v Classics you get the drop which makes sense.  I think if you want to pk actively, you should do so on a normal account, making one and maxing takes no time at all and would be the better option.

we are not ironman, and ironman dont have an economy so i don't see it as being the same. We play the gamemode for the xp rate and different economy. We should not be excluded of profiting from a HUGE part of the game.

Definitely support some kind of reward for killing someone in the wilderness, even if it isn't their items so you aren't moving items from one economy to the other.

Maybe if there was something dropped based on the overall wealth risked? Even if it was half of what that value was, since Classic get half of most values in terms of GP received.

Example: Full Dharoks with other accessories wealth is equal to ~15m value in terms of drops, so classic players get 7.5m in drops, or even in statuettes and have to trade them into the emblem trader in wilderness (This isn't actual values, just a very vague example of what a solution could be).

I'm sure there is a better way but just a suggestion.

Regardless, in terms of something being done to Classic PvP Drops I support this suggestion.

that's a very good suggestion , i am not looking for his items, just not bones and untradeable coins. You can even remove the untradeable coins, even if it is half the loots value, it's more inside the pvp essence.

KP | One | Horus

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:24 PM #10

HC Proxy
Ironman

HC Proxy

• Time spent:
      18d 9h 27m 1s

• Total level:
    Awards

We play the gamemode for the xp rate and different economy. 

Unless I'm missing something what you would be suggesting here is flooding the classic eco with regular eco gp.

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:29 PM #11

KP
Veteran

KP

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m 19s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

Unless I'm missing something what you would be suggesting here is flooding the classic eco with regular eco gp.

not at all, our reward will only be depending on what the classic player risks  or the normal game mode risks, or both. 
Our best loot should not be untradeables, wich can be abused by killing normal accounts with untradeables, making you 4x'ing your money due to rates. So it would not flood the economy, it will reward a skilled pvper. i'm not suggesting us getting the normal players items, just to make it clear once again =)

KP | One | Horus

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:35 PM #12

HC Proxy
Ironman

HC Proxy

• Time spent:
      18d 9h 27m 1s

• Total level:
    Awards

not at all, our reward will only be depending on what the classic player risks  or the normal game mode risks, or both. 
Our best loot should not be untradeables, wich can be abused by killing normal accounts with untradeables, making you 4x'ing your money due to rates. So it would not flood the economy, it will reward a skilled pvper. i'm not suggesting us getting the normal players items, just to make it clear once again =)

I definitely agree that the Classic PK'ing scene is dead and for a good reason. However the alternatives are extremely hard to balance due to market fluctuation/manipulation. A  flat, fair monetary value would need to be added to ALL items and that would need to be constantly updated to be 1:3.5/4 of the reg prices. The time needed to both code and maintain this is most likely the reason it hasn't been implemented yet.

EDIT: I also noticed this thread before reading through the other one, perhaps editing this video into the other post would be best as to have all the information in one place. 

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:38 PM #13

KP
Veteran

KP

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m 19s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

I definitely agree that the Classic PK'ing scene is dead and for a good reason. However the alternatives are extremely hard to balance due to market fluctuation/manipulation. A  flat, fair monetary value would need to be added to ALL items and that would need to be constantly updated to be 1:3.5/4 of the reg prices. The time needed to both code and maintain this is most likely the reason it hasn't been implemented yet.

EDIT: I also noticed this thread before reading through the other one, perhaps editing this video into the other post would be best as to have all the information in one place. 

Good things require hard work, having to put in the hard work to reward the players that spend hours upon hours in the server shouldn't be a problem whatsoever in my honest opinion.

KP | One | Horus

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:39 PM #14

Watch Hentai
Classic

Watch Hentai
Clan: CLC

• Time spent:
      35d 10h 3m 8s

• Total level:
    Awards

Good things require hard work, having to put in the hard work to reward the players that spend hours upon hours in the server shouldn't be a problem whatsoever in my honest opinion.

YOU MEAN FKING MONTH not HOURS.

• KP likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:40 PM #15

KP
Veteran

KP

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m 19s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

YOU MEAN FKING MONTH not HOURS.

My bad, months.

KP | One | Horus

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:42 PM #16

HC Proxy
Ironman

HC Proxy

• Time spent:
      18d 9h 27m 1s

• Total level:
    Awards

I whole-heartedly agree. However, based on the current update climate I don't see this update making it into game. Best of luck.

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:43 PM #17

KP
Veteran

KP

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m 19s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

I whole-heartedly agree. However, based on the current update climate I don't see this update making it into game. Best of luck.

thank you =)

KP | One | Horus

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:44 PM #18

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

That being said, I do like Xuf's idea of a token cash reward based on total risk. I doubt Classic players want the eco to be hit even harder after Rev Caves with people xfering from main to the classic, so if this was implemented it should be up to date with the current swap rates at either 1:4 or 1:3.5.

The difference with ironman is that it isn't it's own seperate economy. It's a different economy with multiple players. Ironman is solo mode so saying ironmen should get something from killing people in PvP would make it not solo.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:50 PM #19

HC Proxy
Ironman

HC Proxy

• Time spent:
      18d 9h 27m 1s

• Total level:
    Awards

The difference with ironman is that it isn't it's own seperate economy. It's a different economy with multiple players. Ironman is solo mode so saying ironmen should get something from killing people in PvP would make it not solo.

we are not ironman, and ironman dont have an economy so i don't see it as being the same. We play the gamemode for the xp rate and different economy. We should not be excluded of profiting from a HUGE part of the game.

Okay, ignore the part about Ironmen. It's irrelevant to the point of why I think this won't be seen in game, it requires far too much upkeep. I do support the idea however.

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:03 PM #20

Savitr
User

Savitr

• Time spent:
      59d 5h 35m 28s

• Total level:

I originally remained neutral and wasn't too sure, but yeah I definitely agree with what Xuf is pushing. Maybe have some sort of risk-value reward system for what they're currently wearing.

Would be hard to determine what exactly those rates should be but it does suck getting bones for loot.

• KP likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 0 user(s)