What is your suggestion?: Could we please make the server events (boosts in particulair) earlier for EU players... It's always so late for us, also depending on the events before the boosts. It usually starts 23:00/00:00 my time and thats not really an enjoyable time for EU players.
Is this in OSRS?: -
Has this suggestion been accepted already?: -
How would this benefit Alora?: It mostly benefits EU players and i think some really do appreciate it
Couldn't agree more. Every boost is an absurd time for us especially considering events start later than the initially suggested time 90% of occasions and with raids purple rates being so god awful it feels like you are somewhat forced into playing at these unsociable hours to even have the remotest chance at uniques.
The solution is to have the event days kept as is. Using COX as an example, have the event start at 12.01AM Saturday morning server time, and finish at 11.59PM the same day.
Anytime during that 24 hour period, players can log in and activate a 3hr COX bonus. Once the bonus is activated it runs down to 0, regardless of the player being logged in or not.
Doing it this way would encourage players to still log on during these event days, but not be afraid of missing out due to having to meet the set server times.
For me, most events are around 3-5am Sunday / Monday mornings, and while I love Alora, I dont love it that much.
Having it be personalised to when each player is avalibale to play, within the restraints of still needing to play the specific day, IMO is the best solution.
If this is even possible however, is a whole other question.
The solution is to have the event days kept as is. Using COX as an example, have the event start at 12.01AM Saturday morning server time, and finish at 11.59PM the same day.
Anytime during that 24 hour period, players can log in and activate a 3hr COX bonus. Once the bonus is activated it runs down to 0, regardless of the player being logged in or not.
Doing it this way would encourage players to still log on during these event days, but not be afraid of missing out due to having to meet the set server times.
For me, most events are around 3-5am Sunday / Monday mornings, and while I love Alora, I dont love it that much.
Having it be personalised to when each player is avalibale to play, within the restraints of still needing to play the specific day, IMO is the best solution.
If this is even possible however, is a whole other question.
I do believe this suggestion has been given before and there was no way for them to make a boost activation button for each person.
Even if it rotated round so one weekend/weekday set is catered for evening in US timezones, the next weekend/weekday is then UK/EUevening, then the following Aus and so on and so forth. Anything is better than the current system where one timezone feasts and the others suffer.
I Think you have a very strong point there UIM, jsut an example on how to regulate it, not sure if its possible though.
It also doesn't help that the events also start later then sceduled (most of the time), this just means its taking longer for the boosts to come on.. and especially when you have more of the "rare" items/pet hunts happening before.
Maybe just throw the boosts on while the other events happen? So people can decide wether they wanna have a chance at getting some money hunting an specific item OR making full use of the boosts. I think that alone would help alot aswell!
I do not know if we have a way to solve this at the moment. I myself being in the EU timezone host every night around 10pm and finish 1-2am sometimes longer depending on the events. But as far as why we aim that 6:30-7 PM time as it is for the peak time of players for Alora, nothing to due about NA/EU.
I do not know if we have a way to solve this at the moment. I myself being in the EU timezone host every night around 10pm and finish 1-2am sometimes longer depending on the events. But as far as why we aim that 6:30-7 PM time as it is for the peak time of players for Alora, nothing to due about NA/EU.
Is it possible that the reason for the high player count at that time is due to the boosts/events? Or is the the same on non event days. I think even an hour earlier helps alot
Server events are never gonna please everyone unfortunately. You’ve got one group who are dead after work or getting ready for bed, another who are stuck at work in the middle of the day, and then the final group who are still fast asleep. So ye, having the hosts run events during peak hours is probably the best way forward.
Could you please provide a few more details? Do you feel that starting between 4:00 PM and 5:00 PM on a weekday is too late? I just want to make sure I understand you correctly.
Also, the weekday event bonuses (Cg,Nex,Doom,Yama etc) are usually activated around 1-2 PM server time, sometimes earlier. Or are you purely referring to the weekday bonuses?