Diva
Master Donator

Diva

• Time spent:
      229d 4h 45m 43s

• Total level:
    Awards

9kptQ7T.png

Hey guys, welcome back to the latest edition of the Alora Newspaper.

In this months edition we will be going over some huge updates, some new staff and a couple of new rules updates!

Have a good read!

1HFy851.png

Date & time of updated rule: 11/18/17 8PM EST

Updated section: In-game

Time or date that the updated rule(s) will be put into effect: Immediately

Part(s) added, changed or removedRED

Brief explanation (optional):

7. Account Sharing

An account should only and will only be possessed by a single person. Players are not permitted to allow anyone on their account or share it with anyone else. Players are not to sell (see rule 6), lend, share, or provide their account to anyone else for any duration of time. Failure to cooperate will result in a permanent ban, followed by an IP-Ban. This rule is to prevent any unfairness throughout Alora as a whole. This rule is to also further commend players that independently earn achievements, onerous or effortless, and to preserve the triumphant feeling in which the achievements aforementioned possess. The hiscores are meant to display the efforts and achievements of one player, unaided.

• a. Buying/Selling any type of service for an account is prohibited ex: Inferno cape service. First offenders will receive a 7 day ban with a wipe of the cape and GP used to make this exchange, the second offense will result in a Permanent ban

Keep up to date with our rules by clicking HERE!

XOAznLX.png

The Updates that come out on 11/5/17 & 11/25/17 was huge! The following was added;

• Miscellaneous:
    • Duel arena fix:
      • Items can no longer be picked up or dropped within the Duel arena. 
  • Engine performance update:
    • We’ve made some changes to the game engine in hopes of reducing the processing delay of players every cycle. We’re going to continue to monitor this and make the necessary changes to ensure that the server doesn’t lag after extended periods of uptime.
  • Trade interface fix:
    • Very often in-game, the second trade window would say “You are about to trade: Item” without listing the items in the trade, or would show “Trading with: Other” instead of the other player’s name. Both of these issues have been fixed.
  • Thieving update:
    • You can now thieve cakes from the Ardougne cake stalls with level 5 Thieving.
  • Lost items shop update:
    • New items that will be protected upon death:
      • Jonas mask:
        • Reclaim cost: 250k
      • Birthday hat:
        • Reclaim cost: 250k
  • Zulrah fix:
    • Sometimes, Zulrah would be invisible once it goes down under and wouldn’t come back up again for a long time. This should no longer happen, and you’ll be able to see Zulrah as soon as it comes back up.
  • Inferno fix:
    • JalTok-Jad should no longer go invisible in the final wave.
  • Grotesque Guardians:
    • Recently released in OSRS, this pair of Gargoyles — Dawn and Dusk — terrorize the rooftop of the Slayer tower.
      • You’ll need to find a brittle key — occasionally dropped by regular Gargoyles at a rate of about 1/121, to unlock the portal to access the roof.
      • These gargoyles are highly unusual, and you’ll need stay on your toes while fighting them to make sure that you can leave the rooftop alive!
    • Notable Rewards:
      • Granite dust:
        • You can mix this dust with Cannonballs to make Granite cannonballs.
          • These cannonballs have a max hit of 35 rather than the usual max hit of 30.
          • You can only have one type of cannonball in your cannon, so if you still have 10 regular cannonballs left in your cannon, you’ll need to fire them all before loading any granite balls, and vice-versa.
      • Granite hammer:
        • A hammer requiring level 50 attack and strength, with a special attack that has one powerful swing at 50% increased accuracy, requiring 60% special energy.
      • Granite gloves:
        • Gloves requiring level 50 defence, slightly superior to Adamant gloves.
      • Granite ring:
        • A ring requiring level 50 defence.
          • Can be imbued with a scroll, effectively doubling its bonuses.
      • Black tourmaline core:
        • Can be merged with Bandos boots, leaving you with Guardian boots — which have the best defensive melee bonus in-game.
      • Jar of stone
      • Noon:
        • Arguably the coolest looking pet now available in Alora, which can also be changed to it’s gargoyle variant, Midnight, through the metamorphosis option!
    • Notes:
      • This is a safe death, which means you’ll keep your items, BUT a dangerous one for HCIM who will lose their rank if they die here. You’ve been warned.
      • Level 75 Slayer is required to enter the portal.
      • Another huge thanks to @Chase for the wonderful work on the homepage slogan (Grotesque guardians await you)!
    • Classic Trading Post:
      • The long awaited Classic mode Trading post has been released!
        • You can now trade items with other Classic players. Of course, the items listed here are completely separate from the original Trading post. You won’t see normal player’s items, and vice versa.
          • Besides this, it will work exactly the same as the original system.
    • Raids changes:
      • Reward changes:
        • We’ve increased the drop rate for rare loot in Raids, across the board. You are now more likely to receive loot in all scenarios.
      • Bug fixes:
        • Fixed an uncommon bug in Raids that would break the session.
        • Fixed a bug with getting stuck on the tightrope in the final room.
        • Overload pickup bug:
          • If you tried to pick up an overload with a full inventory, and then made space for the overload it would tell you that you already picked one up. This has been fixed.
      • Solo raid changes:
        • Making solo raids more feasible has long been requested, so we’ve made some changes to appease players who are interested in raiding on their own:
          • The hitpoints of enemies in a solo raid are now up to 25% lower. This includes the hitpoints for Olm.
          • During the Vanguard phase, solo raiders are now allowed a bit more lenience when it comes to the Vanguards’ HP regeneration. In a normal raid, if the hitpoints of all 3 Vanguards are not within 25% of each other, they all heal. In a solo raid, this number is raised to 35% to make it a bit easier.
    • Ahrim’s staff update:
      • The staff has been one of the worst Magic weapons in-game and not deserving of being a Barrows weapon. Due to this, we’ve followed OSRS’s footsteps and updated the weapon:
        • The staff is now single-handed instead of two-handed, making it much more useful as it can be used with a shield.
        • The staff now provides a 5% Magic damage boost.
    • Bandos godsword update:
      • The BGS has also been a weapon that dulled in comparison to its counterparts. To combat this, we’ve made the special attack take 50% rather than 65% of the special energy (as per OSRS’ update), which matches the energy requirement for all other godswords.
    • Ring of wealth (i) on death update:
      • This ring would be lost on death in PvP if not protected, due to it reverting to a regular Ring of wealth. Considering it is a donation item for ironmen and the reverted version is essentially worthless, this item will now be added to the untradeable shop just as it would be in a PvM death.
    • Miscellaneous:
      • Veteran/Ex-staff ranks as a secondary will no longer over-ride staff (and other) ranks in-game (particularly when using ::yell).
      • Grotesque Guardians fixes:
        • Dawn will no longer appear at home in the death area.
        • Marble gargoyles will now drop brittle keys as well, but at a higher rate than normal gargoyles (2x as likely)
      • Thermonuclear smoke devil change:
        • The respawn time for this boss has been changed to 10 seconds to allow players to kill it more easily.
      • The Birthday event has been removed.
      • Construction fix:
        • An issue with the cape rack not removing your cape has been fixed.
      • Fixed a no-clip bug with a trapdoor near GE.
      • Fixed a bug with certain dialogues not closing when clicking “continue” or the space bar
        • For example, if you tried to open the Crystal chest without a key, it would send you a dialogue that could not be closed unless you walked somewhere.
      • A miscellaneous Zulrah error has been fixed.
      • A miscellaneous bug with the ::yell command has been fixed.
    • Grotesque guardian changes:
      • Slayer task:
        • You can now receive a Grotesque guardians slayer task. The experience/deduction will be applied after defeating both bosses.
          • Additionally, if you are on a gargoyle task, you can kill the guardians instead. In this case, the deaths of both guardians will be counted.
    • House update:
      • You can now kick players from your house. Simply use the right-click “Kick” option and your player will chase after the other player until you reach them, at which point they’ll be kicked.
      • Members of the owner's clan can also kick from the house provided they have the minimum kick rank requirement (follows the clan chat settings)
    • PvM Lectern fix:
      • Some bosses were bugged due to the use of a cannon.
        • For example, if your cannon started damaging a boss, the time at which you started attacking the boss would not register. So if it takes you 1 minute to kill the boss, but your cannon did the first 30 seconds, your kill time would be 30 seconds.
          • We’ve fixed this bug, and we’ve tried to remove all known unrealistic kill times from the PvM lectern.
      • Combat/Wilderness updates:
        • Combat fixes:
          • Freezing fix:
            • A bug which caused players to still continue running to their destination even if they get frozen has been fixed.
              • A frozen player will now be stopped right in their tracks as soon as the freeze lands.
          • PJ timer changes in Edgeville:
            • The PJ timer is currently set to ~5 seconds all across the Wilderness. This is still the default PJ timer, but for players in Edgeville (up to level 10 wilderness), the timer has been doubled to 10 seconds to make PJing less of a grievance in 1v1 fights.
        • Wilderness updates:
          • Bloody chest:
            • Loot rate update:
              • The loot rate from the chest has been heavily increased across the board, making it easier to get worthwhile rewards from the bloody chest. Make sure to try your luck at opening the chest after this update!
            • Skulling function/warning:
              • You will now be skulled once you open the bloody chest. Before you open the chest, you will be warned that you will be skulled (if not already skulled). If you are already skulled, no warning will be issued.
          • Bloody keys spawn:
            • To make the wilderness more eventful, we’ve added a new hourly event in which players will be able to get a free key in the wilderness!
            • Every 45-75 minutes, an announcement will be made to all players that a key will spawn at a certain location in 3 minutes.
              • Eg. “News: A Bloody key will appear at the Rogue’s castle in 3 minutes.”
              • This will give players a bit of time to prepare and gather supplies in case they encounter any fights on the way to obtain the key.
                • The location of the key is random and the locations available are spread across the wilderness. With that being said, most of the locations are deeper in the wilderness. 
      • Client updates:
        • QOL updates:
          • Welcome screen “Space-to-continue”
            • This means you won’t have to click the “Play” button on the welcome screen to get into the game. Just hit space!
          • 1-2-3-4-5 keyboard keys:
            • You can now use the number keys on your keyboard to select dialogue options rather than having to click them! This works for all dialogues, and combined with space-to-continue, you’ll never have to use your mouse again for dialogues.
        • Mini-map icon fix:
          • Some of you may have noticed that the minimap has been missing the icons (bank/poll booth/cooking ranges/etc) for quite some time now. This broke awhile back and I hadn’t noticed until recently. It has been fixed for the entire map.
        • Client timer fixes:
          • The way that client timers are initiated has been redone.
            • This is primarily intended to fix the bug where a player could yell “Oh dear, you are dead!” which would cause your death timer to show up. This will no longer happen.
        • Client background/logo update:
          • The background/logo on the client have both been updated to match the most recent homepage/forum design.
      • Forum updates:
        • The profile photo upload limit has been increased from 500kb to 2,000kb.
        • Additionally, some groups were only able to upload a 150x150 photo, but this has been increased to 200x200 for all groups.

You can find more information about our recent updates by clicking HERE!

Many thanks to Omicron for these spectacular updates!

objTq8d.png

Over the past couple of weeks there have been some coming and goings. The following changes have been made to the team. I'm sure you'll all join me in welcoming the new members to the team as well as thanking past staff members for their efforts.

Staff update as of November 17th and 24th, 2017:

Promotions:

uTorrent has returned as Event Manager.
Collerkar76 has been promoted to Administrator.
Thorr2 has been promoted to Global Moderator.

Ramon has been promoted to Forum Moderator.

Sheep has returned as Server Moderator.
Iron Dejay has been promoted to Server Moderator.
Classic Xuf has been promoted to Server Moderator.
Ryuu has returned as Server Support.

Haris has returned as Head Administrator.
F 8 has returned as Server Moderator.
Thunk has been promoted to Server Moderator.
Elvemage has returned as Server Support.
Poor Level 3 has returned as Server Support.
Doctor Drew has been promoted to Server Support.

Resignations:

Blank has resigned from Community Manager.
Algalon has resigned from Forum Moderator.

Mtam has resigned from Server Moderator.

Demotions:
None.

Congrats to everyone promoted and best of luck to those gone.

All staff updates can be found HERE.

47km8Lh.png

This week I've decided to Interview 2 staff members from the community I hope you guys enjoy what they had to say!

The first person I interview is casual!

Greetings.

DivaWhen you are old, what do you think children will ask you to tell stories about?

casualMy non-existent life experiences.

DivaWhat weird food combinations do you really enjoy?

casualPizza and tea.

DivaWhat was the last photo you took?

casual: I took a photo of the frost outside literally 5 minutes ago, but I don't usually take photos.

DivaWhat is the funniest joke you know by heart?

casual: Heard this one a few days ago;

How do you get a squirrel down from a tree?

Show him your nuts.

*Ba dum tsss*

DivaIn one sentence, how would you sum up the internet?

casual: A place full of normal people that act weird.

DivaWhat is the best and worst purchases you’ve ever made?

casual: Best purchase would be this laptop I got 10 years ago. Worst one would be a 10$ donation to Alora... misclick btw.

Diva: What game are / were you really good at?

casualCall of Duty Black ops 2.

Diva What is the most unprofessional thing you’ve seen someone do?

casualIRL wise - a person running around slapping everyone in public.

RSPS wise - when a hacker got on a mod acc on another rsps & banned the entire server(200+ players)

DivaWhat is the most impressive thing you know how to do?

casualI can drink 1 litre of water in around 12 seconds, which is kinda impressive I guess.

DivaIf you died today, what would your greatest achievement be?

casual: Being richest on Alora, obviously.  ;) 

Thank you for your answers, casual^_^

Next on our list is Sheep!

Greetings.

Diva: When you are old, what do you think children will ask you to tell stories about?

SheepTo be honest I don't think they want to hear any stories from my but if they want to hear something about me probably a story that didn't happen yet but will happen in the future, I hope, how I met my wife. 

Diva: What weird food combinations do you really enjoy?

SheepChocolate with coffee.

Diva: What was the last photo you took?

SheepNothing special, just a picture to keep the streak on Snapchat running... lol.

Diva: What is the funniest joke you know by heart?

Sheep: Right know, I love when you say "Were you born on the highway? Where most accidents happen." LOL!

Diva:  In one sentence, how would you sum up the internet?

SheepA nice way to search up things you can't remember, like on Google and some good material for personal preferences late at night.

Diva: What is the best and worst purchases you’ve ever made?

Sheep: Probably the worst purchase is something on Internet, that's a downside though, can get scammed easily, my nephew recently sold a boat to someone on a site where you can sell personal stuff and etc. he met up with the buyer IRL and gave him the boat, he took the money, went to a store to buy something and then my nephew was told it was fake money. The best purchase is probably something I enjoy doing like console/PC games or something to make someone really happy, can't come up with something exactly.

Diva: What game are / were you really good at?

SheepTo be fair, I was pretty good at COD back when Black Ops 2 and such was in his prime time, especially I was good at zombies, I always was the last man standing and the saviour, I could train them zombies all the way up to rounds like 50+. I'm also pretty good at them mobile games, like Clash Royale, Clash of Clans and etc.  on Ketchapp. 

Diva: What is the most unprofessional thing you’ve seen someone do?

SheepProbably to like (not sure if I translated this correctly), but favouring someone. It's not fair for other people if this happens.

Diva: What is the most impressive thing you know how to do?

Sheep: Probably something I study at the moment, working with wood and how to design a furniture or something, you can do a lot with wood what most people won't know, crazy shapes and unique functions, I know how and I think it's pretty cool how to do it and the result looks amazing.

DivaIf you died today, what would your greatest achievement be?

SheepThanks for ruining this day because I wouldn't have a clue... probably that I didn't die when I was like 8 when I fell from a big height, I fell on my arm, a bone sticking out, due to my brother by the way, he caused it, if I fell on something else I probably would've died, it's not really an achievement but if this doesn't checks out probably graduating school.

Thanks Sheep for the interview!    :)

Disclaimer:

Have any interview questions you would like to ask any of the staff members?

Don't hesitate to send me a private message via forums/discord and I'll include them in next edition along with the answers from that staff member!

Chgb6jF.png

The November community award event has ended!

Go to this link to see all the nominees of November: 

http://www.alora.io/...-award-results/

Congrats to the winners!

Community awards will return in December! Stay tuned.

http://www.alora.io/...ey-spawns-more/

Be sure to cast your votes on this link at the top poll for the Rev Caves suggestion!

That concludes the end of this newspaper! 

Read our last newspaper by clicking HERE!

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:23 AM #2

Sheep
Veteran

Sheep

• Time spent:
      254d 15h 25m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

Good job on the newspapers @Diva, thanks for interviewing me! :D

DiFZ2Y0.png

hK2Oxeq.png

lOWOdZK.png

unknown.png
gcsafeR.png

Spoiler

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:26 AM #3

Y0m0pk
User

Y0m0pk

• Time spent:
      3d 12h 14m 8s

• Total level:

Good job, well set out looks great :)

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:31 AM #4

Chelle
User

Chelle
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      59d 1h 5m 50s

• Total level:
    Awards
Always fun to read!
but im still waiting for my interview

Chelles.gif

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:31 AM #5

Syntax
Master Donator

Syntax

• Time spent:
      71d 13h 31m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

no member of the month :(

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:43 AM #6

Dutchie
Ex-Staff

Dutchie
Clan: Ice

• Time spent:
      41d 19h 55m 52s

• Total level:
    Awards

Looking good Diva and an interesting read

af0b9bd06574175843429a509ce78092.jpg

Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:13 AM #7

R e i
Veteran

R e i
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      76d 23h 2m 51s

• Previous username:
    Pkdealer

• Total level:
    Awards

Good read , looking foward for the next newspaper  :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support - 8/02/2018

Promoted to Server Moderator 8/03/2018

Promoted to Global Moderator 30/05/2018

Community awards - March

Most Active Ingame

Community awards - April
Most Active Ingame
Best Hybrid

Community Awards - May

Best hybrid

Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:15 AM #8

Mantvis
User

Mantvis

• Time spent:
      4h 3m 15s

• Total level:

First time seeing this and it's super NEAT u make ur topic's look so awesome <3

Posted 25 November 2017 - 10:26 AM #9

Bellatrixx
Donator

Bellatrixx

• Time spent:
      5d 18h 10m 27s

• Total level:
Thanks for the nice read Diva, always great being caught up on everything going on.

Posted 25 November 2017 - 11:21 AM #10

Fapple
Super Donator

Fapple
Clan: Help

• Time spent:
      6d 16h 8m 35s

• Total level:

Very nice newsletter!  It was a good read, and the interviews were great as well.. I find them entertaining to read :)

And Im right there with you @casual with the Black Ops 2 man. That game was my shit :D

b4aqzt.jpg

Posted 25 November 2017 - 11:29 AM #11

Gatsby
Legendary Donator

Gatsby
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      9d 3h 31m 11s

• Total level:
    Awards

This is awesome! Keep up the good work!

Posted Image

Graphics Section

Need work done? Send me a private message on Discord: gatsby#7852

Posted 25 November 2017 - 01:12 PM #12

Wreckage
Donator

Wreckage

• Time spent:
      56d 22h 52m 2s

• Total level:
    Awards

Great read per usual @Diva! I enjoy reading these threads. Lots of information here. :)

Posted Image

Made by the lovely Coww

I have transitioned over to @ Endeavor

Posted 25 November 2017 - 02:33 PM #13

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

Great job as always @Diva , keep up the good work!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:57 PM #14

Dylain
Banned

Dylain

• Time spent:
      134d 20h 31m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards

Fantastic work yet again Diva. You always seem to amaze me. -_-

V4D2cq1.png

mMWRTmw.pnggQ60wjr.png

If you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to PM me by clicking here

Two-Factor Authentication | Client Assistance | Official Rules | Staff List | Appeal

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:16 PM #15

Savitr
User

Savitr

• Time spent:
      59d 5h 35m 28s

• Total level:
Awesome work Diva! :) Casual being a smart ass as usual.

Posted 25 November 2017 - 09:40 PM #16

Achtryn
Donator

Achtryn

• Time spent:
      4d 21h 26m 46s

• Total level:

Nice interviews lol'd. Good job on the newspaper this week. 

DzEMDyf.png

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:57 AM #17

Ultistic
Veteran

Ultistic
Clan: IDFWY

• Time spent:
      205d 18h 13m 37s

• Previous username:
    Lowkey

• Total level:
    Awards

Dibs on the next interview!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 28 November 2017 - 01:02 AM #18

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

Dibs on the next interview!

'What other hobbies do you have besides Alora?"

"Well when I'm not on Alora I'm either cutting up limes, cracking ronis, or full sending."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 19 December 2017 - 06:29 AM #19

Proximity
User

Proximity

• Time spent:
      1d 20h 3m 42s

• Total level:

just read this better late than never!:D

Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:56 AM #20

Yahweh
User

Yahweh
Clan: FTO

• Time spent:
      27d 11h 15m 21s

• Total level:
    Awards
First newspaper I've read and I'm glad I did to be honest, they not bad.

SjRXRO5.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 9 user(s)