Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:23 PM #1

Dylain
Banned

Dylain

• Time spent:
      134d 20h 31m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards

Hello, it's me again, coming at ya with another forum suggestion thread!

In relation to my last thread regarding forum awards, I've decided to post a suggestion thread that will contain a list of potential new forum awards. I haven't designed or found any logos that I could provide as examples, but I'm sure if this suggestion was to be taken into account I'm certain the staff-team will be able to find someone who is capable of creating new logos to match the new potential awards. Anyways without further ado,  Here they are.

Milestones:

"Mr Popular" - can be obtained be reaching 250 like's on the forums.

"Posting Enthusiast" - can be obtained by reaching 500 post count on the forums.

"Award winner" - can be obtained by winning a community award. Being nominated does not count.

General awards:

"Completionist" - can be obtained by unlocking the completionist monkey.

"Featured media" - can be obtained by being chosen to have a YouTube video featured on the home-page.

"Highscore maniac" - can be obtained by being placed at the #1 ranking for having 1 combat and 1 non combat skill on the high-scores for a certain amount of time. (7 days+)

"High contributor" - can be obtained by donating a total of 2b+ to the good-well.

"Ex staff" - can be obtained if you have obtained a staff rank here at Alora. (Users are only eligble if they have not left on bad terms/been demoted)

"Addicted" - can be obtained for reaching over 50 days spent online in-game. There's currently a forum award for time spent online but not an in-game award.

That concludes my suggestion. If I come up with any further awards I'll be sure to add them to the list.

Thanks.

V4D2cq1.png

mMWRTmw.pnggQ60wjr.png

If you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to PM me by clicking here

Two-Factor Authentication | Client Assistance | Official Rules | Staff List | Appeal

Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:29 PM #2

Mtam

Ex-Staff

Mtam
Clan: Lunar Isle

• Time spent:
      63d 11h 3m 5s

• Total level:
    Awards

i would raise some of the reqs such as forum likes due to the long term scheme to where you dont want everyone having a wall of awards which acts as clutter.

Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:31 PM #3

Not Salter
Ironman

Not Salter
Clan: Help

• Time spent:
      112d 8h 35m 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

Sounds cool. 

But as Mtam said, make them a bit harder to achieve!

[url=""%20title="External%20link"]Posted Image[/url]

Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:32 PM #4

Dylain
Banned

Dylain

• Time spent:
      134d 20h 31m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards

@Mtam I think 250 likes is reasonable. Given the fact it's quite a milestone to achieve for normal users like myself and not only that but it takes a significant amount of time to reach a certain level to that degree, if that makes sense.

V4D2cq1.png

mMWRTmw.pnggQ60wjr.png

Two-Factor Authentication | Client Assistance | Official Rules | Staff List | Appeal

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:00 PM #5

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

Hello, it's me again, coming at ya with another forum suggestion thread!

In relation to my last thread regarding forum awards, I've decided to post a suggestion thread that will contain a list of potential new forum awards. I haven't designed or found any logos that I could provide as examples, but I'm sure if this suggestion was to be taken into account I'm certain the staff-team will be able to find someone who is capable of creating new logos to match the new potential awards. Anyways without further ado,  Here they are.

Milestones:

"Posting Enthusiast" - can be obtained by reaching 500 post count on the forums.

General awards:

"Featured media" - can be obtained by being chosen to have a YouTube video featured on the home-page.

"High contributor" - can be obtained by donating a total of 2b+ to the good-well.

"Ex staff" - can be obtained if you have obtained a staff rank here at Alora. (Users are only eligble if they have not left on bad terms/been demoted)

"Addicted" - can be obtained for reaching over 50 days spent online in-game. There's currently a forum award for time spent online but not an in-game award.

That concludes my suggestion. If I come up with any further awards I'll be sure to add them to the list.

Thanks.

I like these ideas. I'm sure that in your suggestion you meant to just pitch the idea more than give the exact requirements for said Awards. I hope that is the case, anyways.

The suggestions that are in my quote are the ones that stuck out to me most. I really like the idea of the 'Mr Popular' award, it's something little but it's a bit of an achievement getting one - Same goes for 'Posting Enthusiast'.

Foe the General awards, I think 'Completionist' and 'Featured Media' would be really cool ones to have, and a lot of people would definitely apply for the Completionist one from what I can only imagine. As for 'High Contributor', it's a great idea but I figure @Omicron would have to add something to track your overall wealth donated to the well in-game, which that in itself would be a really cool addition to the game ;)

The 'Ex-Staff' award would be really cool, I know Ex-Staff already have their own tag in-game and on the forums but it's something extra to show what you once were here at Alora.

For the 'Addicted' award, I think this has to do a bit with the Veteran rank, and I don't think it is as necessary seeing Veteran is already a rank requiring 50 days played in-game. If you were to make an award for that you might as well make an award for 50 days on the forums, which seems like you're just adding too many awards, which I don't think is a good idea. That goes back into my other post that I made on your General Discussion thread for Forum Awards.

Regardless of my $0.02, I think that these suggestions are fairly good, seeing that the parameters change a little bit, but overall great post!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:10 PM #6

Dylain
Banned

Dylain

• Time spent:
      134d 20h 31m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards

@classic xuf exactly on point. The requirements that I displayed do not have to be the necessary requirements in order to be eligible for a certain new forum award, they were merely just examples.

Anyways moving on, I couldn't agree more with what you have to say. The way I see it is that more incentives, the better, weather they be in-game or forum related.

V4D2cq1.png

mMWRTmw.pnggQ60wjr.png

Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:44 AM #7

Diva
Master Donator

Diva

• Time spent:
      229d 4h 45m 43s

• Total level:
    Awards

Was thinking of this sometime ago. I'll try and come up with some new awards if possible.

I've seen some communities had completionist rank bar, it'd be nice to have at least an award for that to make some players and their efforts stand out.

Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:13 AM #8

Dylain
Banned

Dylain

• Time spent:
      134d 20h 31m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards

Was thinking of this sometime ago. I'll try and come up with some new awards if possible.
I've seen some communities had completionist rank bar, it'd be nice to have at least an award for that to make some players and their efforts stand out.

That would be awesome. If & when you decide to come up with a few extra awards, be sure to let me know & i'll add them to my current list.

V4D2cq1.png

mMWRTmw.pnggQ60wjr.png

Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:38 AM #9

Y0m0pk
User

Y0m0pk

• Time spent:
      3d 12h 14m 8s

• Total level:

Good ideas!

However, I believe the 'Ex-staff' should be for people who were staff for a certain amount of time (1 month for example)

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:31 AM #10

Veteran

Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      299d 6h 1m 39s

• Previous username:
    Monaco

• Total level:
    Awards

The current awards aren't specific enough. I.E, they don't specify how many likes you need for Quality Approved, how many suggestions you need to make for Innovator or how many bugs you need to report for Bug Knight. I think the forums awards in general just need an overhaul.

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:05 PM #11

Worthless
Extreme Donator

Worthless

• Time spent:
      7d 3h 36m 34s

• Total level:

I believe this should be moved to handled/approved suggestions;

"Award winner" - can be obtained by winning a community award. Being nominated does not count.[/quote]

Post Addict Achievement sums up for Posting Enthusiast
Quality Approved for Mr Popular
Member of the Month and Event Champion cover the Award Winner

"Highscore maniac" - can be obtained by being placed at the #1 ranking for having 1 combat and 1 non combat skill on the high-scores for a certain amount of time. (7 days+)

"Addicted" - can be obtained for reaching over 50 days spent online in-game. There's currently a forum award for time spent online but not an in-game award.[/quote]

Completionist is the Completionist award.

Youber kind of covers the Featured Media. However it doesn't fully cover the idea behind this so, could always split this thread up with what's been done/hasn't.

High Contriubutor great idea, hasn't been added so again could split this thread up.

Highscore Maniac cool idea, but unless you're a classic/hcim/uim, these spots have been filled in ways that can't be moved. Every skill on Regular member highscores has people locked at #1 with their 200m spots, held respectably by Blank, Lowkey, Seabound, Joey, Flexicution, Wasko, Unknown and of course Mewtwo's running the show at 4.6b total. All rank 1 combat skills are held by Joey, with Lowkey holding range with Flexicution for Prayer and Magic is Seabounds. Based on them needing rank 1 in a combat and skill, for 7+ days, only Blank, Lowkey, Flexicution, Wasko and Unknown. Regardless of if more peope hit 200m's in these skills as a regular player they don't really qualify.

Regular Ironmen highscores are basically run by Hex in exception to Iron maxx holds construction so he's out since Hex owns combat. :P Ultimate Ironmen, while there's still a few skills no one has reached 200M (or basically a guaranteed Permanent #1) Ult Vig, I give up, Nacyto and Diseased, they hold all combats with 200M exp. Vig, I give up and Nacyto are the only ones who could get this reward, until Diseased steps his game up and 200m's a skill for his permanent spot.

Anyway only way I could see this award working where everyone has a fair shot (I.E. people already having 200m's locked for combat) is either dropping the combat requirement, and making it 2-3 skills, or making this a Classic, HCIM reward only since no one can permanent 1 these slots yet current maxed for experience is 70M HCIM and 14M Classic. (But again this could be toyed with in a new suggestion.)

Ex-Staff they have their user bar which none of the above awards have aside from Veteran. if you're adamant on this could be split to a new thread.

Addicted while there is a forum award, this is also a prerequisite for Veteran.

Still 4/9 ain't that bad, 4.5/9 if you want to count Youtuber. :lol:

Cheers,
~W

5cxd7r.png

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:23 PM #12

Diva
Master Donator

Diva

• Time spent:
      229d 4h 45m 43s

• Total level:
    Awards

Your suggestion has been accepted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 0 user(s)