40a
Donator

40a
Clan: ICE / Ex-Staff /

• Time spent:
      74d 20h 44m 23s

• Total level:
    Awards

From what I’ve been told, you need both 50 days forum time AND in-game time on ONE single account for veteran status (along with the other forum requirements). You see, with so many game modes out there, I’ve spent a lot more time on my normal Ironman account (softcore 40a), but really did not want to start a new forum account because I’ve had this forum account registered since 2016. Why must I have both 50 day forum time AND game time on just one account for Vet? I’m still the same person, haha! So here is my suggestion: Allow people to use the time of their first registered forum account WITH the game time of their most played account. Veteran is a badge of time and shouldn't be looked at as just an achievement. it should be given to the user as a WHOLE, not to just one account. 

Tldr; 

When I hit the forum requirement, I'd love for this equation to work:

Forum time/post on 40a + In-game time on softcore 40a = Vet

::Edit:: I have to make this clear. I'm not asking to combine both of their forum times and game times. I am asking that I use ONE accounts forum time and ONE accounts game time. 

OnPlUPY.png?1aZ0IAix.png?1

apSE9iG.png?1dQqXtgo.png?1

vDDHk5x.png

RAc5bnT.png?2    

Other accounts:

Eim 40a (I will primarily be on my elite iron-man account)

Softcore 40a

HC 40a

Go to class

Uim 40a

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:50 PM #2

User

• Time spent:
      247d 9h 20m 25s

• Previous username:
    Kaamea 22

• Total level:
    Awards

Meh don't think it's necessary to change, but to be honest doesn't affect me if it is changed. But only makes sense to have all the requirements on the account you requesting the rank on. I think requirements are currently just fine. You can afk all the hours anyways.

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:58 PM #3

40a
Donator

40a

• Time spent:
      74d 20h 44m 23s

• Total level:
    Awards

Meh don't think it's necessary to change, but to be honest doesn't affect me if it is changed. You can afk all the hours anyways.

Yeah, but you shouldn’t have to AFK for this, you know? I just don’t enjoy playing on the account. Also, I’m pretty sure the game timer stops if you AFK for an X amount of time.

vDDHk5x.png

RAc5bnT.png?2    

Other accounts:

Softcore 40a

HC 40a

Go to class

Uim 40a

Posted 02 May 2018 - 10:55 PM #4

Dylain
Banned

Dylain

• Time spent:
      134d 20h 31m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards

You can afk all the hours anyways.

You don't gain any playtime from AFKing, if your character is stationary for longer than 5 minutes then your playtime counter will stop and only resume once your character moves.

On-topic: Throughout the many years of playing RS private servers, the veteran rank has always been something that should be somewhat of a challenge to acquire. And I do have to agree, having 50 days in-game playtime as a requirement/prerequisite is inconsiderably too high. To counter your suggestion, in my books it would be more ideal if the administration was to decrease the in-game playtime requirement to ideally 45 days in-game, or even 40. Minusing 5/10 days off the requirement still makes it difficult to accomplish the milestone needed but makes it just that little bit extra easier to attain.

I'm intrigued to see what feedback this thread receives.

V4D2cq1.png

mMWRTmw.pnggQ60wjr.png

If you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to PM me by clicking here

Two-Factor Authentication | Client Assistance | Official Rules | Staff List | Appeal

Posted 02 May 2018 - 11:24 PM #5

Elite Ultima
Elite Ironman

Elite Ultima

• Time spent:
      38d 3h 6m 30s

• Total level:
    Awards

Yep. Lost all my forums progress on Oh Du Hast due to the flaws in obtaining the Veteran reqs. Personally these changes should have been made last year along with requiring players to have been registered in 2016 in order to obtain the rank too.

Rank became worthless to me long ago.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Loo <3

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 02 May 2018 - 11:27 PM #6

Foxit
Donator

Foxit
Clan: Alora

• Time spent:
      3d 19h 49m 9s

• Total level:

I'd prefer the Veteran requirements remained stringent. The 50 day in-game playtime requirement is lengthy, and it'd be difficult for anyone to achieve this feat in-game but that's exactly the point. Difficult prerequisites only add value to the Veteran rank, and give those who achieve such a feat a sense of pride. Reducing the requirements will in my opinion, only serve to dilute the equity of the Veteran rank. Besides, if you're truly a Veteran of Alora, at this point you should be near the 50 day in-game time. And if not, the best way to approach it, is to not aim for Veteran rank, but simply concentrate on other in-game goals that will further your playtime and once you get closer to the 50 mark, you can begin to aim toward it. 

Posted 02 May 2018 - 11:32 PM #7

40a
Donator

40a

• Time spent:
      74d 20h 44m 23s

• Total level:
    Awards

I'd prefer the Veteran requirements remained stringent. The 50 day in-game playtime requirement is lengthy, and it'd be difficult for anyone to achieve this feat in-game but that's exactly the point. Difficult prerequisites only add value to the Veteran rank, and give those who achieve such a feat a sense of pride. Reducing the requirements will in my opinion, only serve to dilute the equity of the Veteran rank. Besides, if you're truly a Veteran of Alora, at this point you should be near the 50 day in-game time. And if not, the best way to approach it, is to not aim for Veteran rank, but simply concentrate on other in-game goals that will further your playtime and once you get closer to the 50 mark, you can begin to aim toward it. 

I'm not asking for a reduction of the requirements. I made this account "40a" but I don't ever play it because the game mode is not enjoyable to me. I play my other account "softcore 40a" more. What i'm asking is to be able to use my forum time with my other accounts in-game time. In my opinion, that should be fine since i'm still putting the time in. 

vDDHk5x.png

RAc5bnT.png?2    

Other accounts:

Softcore 40a

HC 40a

Go to class

Uim 40a

Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:08 AM #8

Foxit
Donator

Foxit
Clan: Alora

• Time spent:
      3d 19h 49m 9s

• Total level:

I'm not asking for a reduction of the requirements. I made this account "40a" but I don't ever play it because the game mode is not enjoyable to me. I play my other account "softcore 40a" more. What i'm asking is to be able to use my forum time with my other accounts in-game time. In my opinion, that should be fine since i'm still putting the time in. 

I understand your situation. I however forgot to quote Dylain's post before entering my response, as my comment was a direct response to his and not yours. 

I see nothing wrong with you being eligible for Veteran rank, regardless of which account you've got the hours on. As long as you have both an in-game and forum account that meet the requirements you should be eligible. 

• 40a likes this

Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:59 AM #9

Warp Nine
Super Donator

Warp Nine
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      4d 23h 7m 9s

• Total level:

No Support. Taking away/modifing from the requirements now would be doing a disservice to those who have earned the Veteran rank. As well as devaluing the rank itself with making it more easily obtainable. Many players have Alts.

edit: I support it if you have the 50 total on one account ingame, and a different forum account. Just not adding up time on multiple accounts.

• 40a likes this

EtRhNXS.png

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."

Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:10 AM #10

40a
Donator

40a

• Time spent:
      74d 20h 44m 23s

• Total level:
    Awards

No Support. Taking away/modifing from the requirements now would be doing a disservice to those who have earned the Veteran rank. As well as devaluing the rank itself with making it more easily obtainable. Many players have Alts.

edit: I support it if you have the 50 total on one account ingame, and a different forum account. Just not adding up time on multiple accounts.

No combining. I'm talking about doing separately.

vDDHk5x.png

RAc5bnT.png?2    

Other accounts:

Softcore 40a

HC 40a

Go to class

Uim 40a

Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:55 AM #11

IM Moe
Master Donator

IM Moe
Clan: fbi office

• Time spent:
      44d 20h 52m 28s

• Previous username:
    moe1

• Total level:
    Awards

Personally don't care as I'm not a veteran or from 2016. However I do support the idea of having ONE account for forum & ONE account for game time. With that being said after you have that, you can only choose ONE for the veteran status. 

• 40a likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:31 PM #12

Phantom
Extreme Donator

Phantom
Clan: Nightmare Mafia

• Time spent:
      31d 3h 36m 34s

• Total level:
    Awards

I Support, if i was gonna stop playing Phantom and stick to my EIM, i would continue to use phantom obviously as it has all my previous posts etc, but if i wanted vet rank on my EIM i shouldnt have to abandon all the time ive put into the forums for no reason. As long as people know its you, what's the harm?

• 40a likes this

Posted 10 May 2018 - 05:08 PM #13

R e i
Veteran

R e i
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      77d 13h 58m 58s

• Previous username:
    Pkdealer

• Total level:
    Awards

Gona be honest here, i've played in multiple accounts in different gamemodes, but for me the value of being a veteran means that you actually PUT effort into an single account to get that rank, sure you like other gamemodes, but that's not the point, Veteran should be a hard achievement to obtain and i feel like what you're wanting is gona make it easy. No support.

• 40a likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support - 8/02/2018

Promoted to Server Moderator 8/03/2018

Promoted to Global Moderator 30/05/2018

Community awards - March

Most Active Ingame

Community awards - April
Most Active Ingame
Best Hybrid

Community Awards - May

Best hybrid

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:26 PM #14

40a
Donator

40a

• Time spent:
      74d 20h 44m 23s

• Total level:
    Awards

Being a veteran just means that you've been here for a long time (As of right now, I still think that the Vet rank should only be given to those who have played since 2016). It shouldn't be considered an "Achievement" rank. Yes, set the requirements...but not allowing someone to use the forum time of their first registered account and the game time of their most played account is a bit silly. Vet is a badge of time and should be given to the user as a whole, not just to an account.  (ily btw)

Gona be honest here, i've played in multiple accounts in different gamemodes, but for me the value of being a veteran means that you actually PUT effort into an single account to get that rank, sure you like other gamemodes, but that's not the point, Veteran should be a hard achievement to obtain and i feel like what you're wanting is gona make it easy. No support.

vDDHk5x.png

RAc5bnT.png?2    

Other accounts:

Softcore 40a

HC 40a

Go to class

Uim 40a

Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:14 AM #15

Iron maxx
Ironman

Iron maxx
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      32d 14h 4m 20s

• Total level:
    Awards

Good suggestion even tho i don't have the forum time. Easy to get this tho, but would be fair to get it like 'xfered' from another acc, which they can trace by IP adress. Support on this one.

• 40a likes this

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:06 PM #16

Jake M
Super Donator

Jake M

• Time spent:
      10d 19h 12m 3s

• Total level:

I like it the way it is right now. The veteran rank is not spread across all your accounts, it's applied to one account and that one account must have the requirements.

I don't like the transferring stats idea, it can just get messy.

Keep the rank special. 

• 40a likes this

Posted Image

Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:49 PM #17

Fuck rs
User

Fuck rs
Clan: Immortal Dynasty

• Time spent:
      8d 26m 8s

• Total level:
    Awards

No support from me. I am not sure if your suggestion is even doable. How should it detect that these are your accounts? Through ip address? Would be a huuuuuuuuge mess.

• 40a likes this

Road to Zuk pet
STATISTICS: 6 capes, 5 gambles.
WBzuaCW.gif
ZGgrpV2.png(credits to EIM 7  for this sick signature)

Posted 29 May 2018 - 03:19 AM #18

40a
Donator

40a

• Time spent:
      74d 20h 44m 23s

• Total level:
    Awards

No support from me. I am not sure if your suggestion is even doable. How should it detect that these are your accounts? Through ip address? Would be a huuuuuuuuge mess.

What do you mean “how should it detect?” X player is given Vet status by a higher up, who looks into the individual before granting the player with the status. Matching an IP between two accounts takes very little time, lol.

vDDHk5x.png

RAc5bnT.png?2    

Other accounts:

Softcore 40a

HC 40a

Go to class

Uim 40a

Posted 24 June 2018 - 06:20 PM #19

KP
Veteran

KP
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m 19s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

Your suggestion has been accepted.

KP | One | Horus

298b959afb3954f5e6e256eadcf3063d.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 4 user(s)