25 replies to this topic

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:13 AM #21

Pacwhale
Classic

Pacwhale

• Time spent:
      25d 15h 25m 53s

• Total level:

In our eyes, the benefit of these scrolls to players when considering the cost is negligible. We didn’t think it’d be considered overly OP. You’re essentially paying $1.50 to reduce a 1/1000 drop rate to 1/870 for 30 minutes. It’s not that much more likely, and it’s something we were already doing with higher donator ranks. If you’re doing Raids or Corp, then they might come in handy, but even then the drop rate change is so slight that you probably won’t notice it. No, you’re not going to pop a drop scroll and get an Elysian the next kill. Yes, part of the reason these were added into the shop is to increase revenue, as we do need to ensure that Alora is sustainable in the long term, and higher revenue can only be good for the server, as it leads to better advertising/more players, as well as giving us the opportunity to do more events with cash prizes for the community, among other benefits. That aspect is not something that is detrimental to Alora.

At the end of the day, it’s up to the community and always will be. We just wanted to explain our thought process behind it. We’d prefer to nerf them if the community isn’t sure about them, considering the above reasons (and the fact that they’ve been cleanly added into the game with timers and such). Ways we could nerf them:
A ) limit their usage to once every X hours
B ) reduce their effectiveness (though 15% really isn’t that much of a difference)
C ) increase their price to make them less obtainable/readily available
D ) make them not stack with donator rank drop rate boosts. This way, it isn’t much more of a benefit overall than before, and at best a normal player can have approximately the same drop rate that an Uber donator had before this update

These are just some ideas, but I’d like to hear from you guys what your thoughts are on this. I’ll be checking this thread to see what your responses are before I make any decisions regarding the new scrolls :)

Also, just a note @Joey on the “bad economy” impression you seem to have, our economy is actually quite stable and healthy for an RSPS. Other servers have individual players with trillions of gold, we don’t even have a trillion gold in the game in general. Just saying ;) Of course, the more time that goes on, the more items and gold will enter the game, and you can see this on both OSRS and RS3. We’ve got some awesome gold sinks though, and our total GP in-game barely increases over time. Items are a bit more difficult to remove from the game, though.

I wouldn't change their effectiveness. I'd go with A or C. However if you increase the price,15 tokens is around ~9.75m in-game , that would change their effective aswell considering you want to make money not lose money.

Posted Image

Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:16 AM #22

Extremedanny
Veteran

Extremedanny
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      217d 16h 41m 18s

• Total level:
    Awards
Atleast get rid of the effectiveness in raids and especially raids 2. Pet scroll ye.... I worked my ass off for those pets and however 15% doesnt seems like a lot 15% of 10k kills is still 1500 kc less.
Posted Image

Posted 23 June 2018 - 05:36 PM #23

Another Cow
Ironman

Another Cow

• Time spent:
      37d 4h 25m 30s

• Total level:
    Awards

Amazing games die because of pay to win. I expect the same if these scrolls stick around and have a large impact.

Posted Image

Posted 24 June 2018 - 09:07 AM #24

fiji water
Legendary Donator

fiji water

• Time spent:
      5d 17h 20m 38s

• Total level:

these scrolls are fine it's literally changing 1/100th or even in cases 1/1000th of a percentage lol. are we seriously complaining about those odds still being ridiculously low? although I will say that the higher tier donator bonuses should be looked at with combination with these.

RuKvrYM.jpg

Posted 24 June 2018 - 09:30 AM #25

Hint
Super Donator

Hint
Clan: Alora

• Time spent:
      47d 19h 19m 3s

• Total level:
    Awards

Atleast get rid of the effectiveness in raids and especially raids 2. Pet scroll ye.... I worked my ass off for those pets and however 15% doesnt seems like a lot 15% of 10k kills is still 1500 kc less.

This is probably the thing it affects the most i would assume. So remove that would prob be good.

4qmyjc2.png

Hardcore Ironman: Hints

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:29 PM #26

Banks
Veteran

Banks
Clan: Salty Ex-Admins

• Time spent:
      157d 3h 1m 13s

• Total level:
    Awards

It's apparent to me that the hype on these scrolls have gone down since their release. As already stated, the change in the drop rate isn't exactly over powered and each scroll only lasts for 30 minutes. At the end of the day it's revenue to the server which keeps it up and running, as well as keeping it healthy. Seeing as not even a nerf has been deemed necessary, I'm going to say that removing that is also unnecessary.

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

draisig2.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 3 user(s)