Photo

Content Poll: Classic Mode Changes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

Poll: Classic Mode Changes (215 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the Classic economy be opened up and merged with the normal economy in an attempt to revive the game mode?

1. Yes (140 votes [65.12%])

Percentage of vote: 65.12%

2. No (75 votes [34.88%])

Percentage of vote: 34.88%

Should a cosmetic item (sword or cape) be given to Classic players to signify their rank?

1. Yes (180 votes [83.72%])

Percentage of vote: 83.72%

2. No (35 votes [16.28%])

Percentage of vote: 16.28%

Vote

Posted 22 November 2018 - 03:20 AM #41

Vespina
Banned

Vespina

Clan: #Dynasty

• Time spent:
      5d 10h 52m 42s

• Previous username:
    Classic joke

• Total level:
    Awards

We can all agree classic is dying out. This poll, however, is not a solution to this. I can only see downsides to this change;
-all the well established/known current classic players will quit their account and with that most likely Alora, as ALL their hard earned acomplishments vanish in 1 go. Their exclusive items lose 50% of the value and suddenly are not very exclusive. Their stats become nothing special as most skills are suddunly buyable. Hell id for sure quit my classic if this happened to me.

-we end up with a gamemode that falls in a huge gap of nothingness, inbetween normie, elite iron and osrs. Suddenly theres no accomplishment in maxing a classic anymore, as it would be comparable to normie 200m'ing. On top of this, theres no acomplishment in getting items anymore, as its normie eco. So what do we end up with? A inconvenient slow ass normie.. whoohoo.

-the ony thing this will end up with is some hype at the beginning, but a quit and silent death. Players will give it a try, realize its the most non-rewarding gamemode in the game and quit. Sure, by then theres no eco dependant on it, so then classic dying doesnt matter, but id be a shame.

-there were and are more than enough other options to revive classic of which ive not seen many used. A big event around this gamemode would atleast make many people want to try it, reviving the eco and maybe thus reviving the gamemode. On top of this, theres many other options to try...

All in all just a cheap and useless poll to "revive" classic. Sure, it will do the job when killing the gamemode a bit more quietly...

couldn't have worded this better myself tbh

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 22 November 2018 - 10:02 AM #42

Omicron

Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      419d 16h 36m 41s

• Total level:
    Awards

We can all agree classic is dying out. This poll, however, is not a solution to this. I can only see downsides to this change;
-all the well established/known current classic players will quit their account and with that most likely Alora, as ALL their hard earned acomplishments vanish in 1 go. Their exclusive items lose 50% of the value and suddenly are not very exclusive. Their stats become nothing special as most skills are suddunly buyable. Hell id for sure quit my classic if this happened to me.
-we end up with a gamemode that falls in a huge gap of nothingness, inbetween normie, elite iron and osrs. Suddenly theres no accomplishment in maxing a classic anymore, as it would be comparable to normie 200m'ing. On top of this, theres no acomplishment in getting items anymore, as its normie eco. So what do we end up with? A inconvenient slow ass normie.. whoohoo.
-the ony thing this will end up with is some hype at the beginning, but a quit and silent death. Players will give it a try, realize its the most non-rewarding gamemode in the game and quit. Sure, by then theres no eco dependant on it, so then classic dying doesnt matter, but id be a shame.
-there were and are more than enough other options to revive classic of which ive not seen many used. A big event around this gamemode would atleast make many people want to try it, reviving the eco and maybe thus reviving the gamemode. On top of this, theres many other options to try...
All in all just a cheap and useless poll to "revive" classic. Sure, it will do the job when killing the gamemode a bit more quietly...

I do agree that it devalues achievements, but the whole issue is that EIM has overtaken Classic, and with the low number of Classic players at the moment it’s pretty much the same game mode with the ability to only trade one partner rather than a few remaining Classics. This becomes even worse when Group Ironman is released, where it’ll be even more similar to Classic having a handful of players that you could trade with.

So, what we’re saying is that players are already getting a very similar experience on EIM with the added fun of having a partner, which is causing Classic to die out, and because of that we’d like to spin the idea behind this game mode to make it different than EIM and the upcoming Group Ironman mode. Yes, it does change the core concept behind Classic mode, but if you’re that set out on the significance of skilling achievements, they’ll still be just as difficult on EIM or Group Ironman mode, so you could just play that instead... though statistically speaking you already are, since many Classics disbanded for EIM anyway.

Posted 22 November 2018 - 01:04 PM #43

Classic nate
Classic

Classic nate

• Time spent:
      3d 8h 59m 32s

• Total level:

I do agree that it devalues achievements, but the whole issue is that EIM has overtaken Classic, and with the low number of Classic players at the moment it’s pretty much the same game mode with the ability to only trade one partner rather than a few remaining Classics. This becomes even worse when Group Ironman is released, where it’ll be even more similar to Classic having a handful of players that you could trade with.
So, what we’re saying is that players are already getting a very similar experience on EIM with the added fun of having a partner, which is causing Classic to die out, and because of that we’d like to spin the idea behind this game mode to make it different than EIM and the upcoming Group Ironman mode. Yes, it does change the core concept behind Classic mode, but if you’re that set out on the significance of skilling achievements, they’ll still be just as difficult on EIM or Group Ironman mode, so you could just play that instead... though statistically speaking you already are, since many Classics disbanded for EIM anyway.

I can say 100% for myself, if this merge happens it will make grinding the last 150 levels I have for max completely pointless and with no incentive to play a slower rate I might as well go play 07. I thoroughly believe what my love said is correct. This will be he death of classic and with that impending doom coming i feel like we should have the option to de-classic such as de-ironing. Because oddly enough my classic is far superior to my Normie. I just feel like my classic is getting thrown in the trash and I have no reason to play the slower so rates because it gives no sense of achievement now to max or get 200m skills and I get no incentive to stay on classic. Just my two cents.

Posted 22 November 2018 - 01:39 PM #44

Iron Peep
Ironman

Iron Peep
Clan: C O A

• Time spent:
      37d 15h 19m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

I can say 100% for myself, if this merge happens it will make grinding the last 150 levels I have for max completely pointless and with no incentive to play a slower rate I might as well go play 07. I thoroughly believe what my love said is correct. This will be he death of classic and with that impending doom coming i feel like we should have the option to de-classic such as de-ironing. Because oddly enough my classic is far superior to my Normie. I just feel like my classic is getting thrown in the trash and I have no reason to play the slower so rates because it gives no sense of achievement now to max or get 200m skills and I get no incentive to stay on classic. Just my two cents.

I disagree strongly and clearly by the result of the poll the majority of the community thinks its for the best too. Who cares if it's gonna "devalue" any of our banks or skills, you have to look at the bigger picture here.

The merge isn't going to bring TONS of new players but it's definitely going to bring some new players for sure, we've seen this in coa already with multiple new classics popping up getting prepared for the merge to happen. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean it's gonna kill the mode (which is already dead btw). We might lose a few classics as a result but we'll gain more then we lose while making the classic experience a hell of a lot better for trading.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image LTG Peep Posted Image Posted Image Stay Slaying Posted Image

Posted Image RubyDaCherry Posted Image Posted Image Stay Elite Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 22 November 2018 - 06:43 PM #45

Guest_Badass Elite_* -->

Guest_Badass Elite_*

Let's weight the pros and cons for this idea.

Firstly, the pro's

-Easier to obtain items that were once difficult (skilling materials)

-Influx of potentially new classic players that see it as being easier now then before

-Combined economy

Secondly, the con's

-Completely dismantling the game mode from what it has been since it's launch

-Long term classics will likely lose half their value (no matter how big or small their banks, it's being halved)

-Skills will be buyable (less grind thus an easier game mode)

-Loss of appeal, while this one is completely subjective, i and many others probably feel as though a mode that makes it harder without any flair or uniqueness (basically normie with lower xp) will cause classic to stagnate and slowly die out. we currently have a very healthy diversity within the game modes (OG ironman being a chilled mode with a challenge, HCIM which tests your pvm skills and understanding of bosses and their damage, EIM which introduced us to partnered ironman mode with 10x less xp and Ultimate ironman which is a mode where u cannot access a bank).

-Influx of items going into the economy (people selling their items to fund other accounts since classic would be changed drastically) which would cause deflation due to increased items entering the economy (the reason this hasn't been an issue is people weren't transferring items from classic to normie due to the price being nearly doubled on their end and as well as more sought after).

If you want an example of how this change feels, it would be best compared to if omicron were to merge ironman mode with normie mode and force a mass deiron to fit the two together. My point is, this mode has been out for a long time, the solution should be to bring more appeal without destroying what's been built on it, the mode is a fantastic challenge and has a very tight knit community to boot, this change would hurt long term players more then it would help those who support it.

I strongly think we should look for a better solution then merging the two economies together (i think adding items to the shops that benefit classics more would be a good step in the right direction)

Posted 23 November 2018 - 07:52 AM #46

EIM Tim
Elite Ironman

EIM Tim

• Time spent:
      1d 17h 12m 19s

• Total level:

On my momma if this happens I will max my classic account and finish my series.

heard it here first folks.

--------------------------

The One and Only 

EIM Tim

--------------------------

ChaYnnE.png

Glng09G.png

Posted 25 November 2018 - 09:01 AM #47

Toxic tato
User

Toxic tato

• Time spent:
      4d 15h 52m 14s

• Total level:

yes please, if this poll passes i will deiron my elite and just play as a classic i hope this will pass!

you're saying this perfect this is 100% exactly what classic needs.. surely when group ironman is coming.

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:01 AM #48

D I Y
Ironman

D I Y
Clan: #Ice

• Time spent:
      25d 7h 56m 24s

• Total level:
    Awards

just a cape or sword (prefer it to be a cape) would be nice if it had like something that made u wanna wear it or its just pointless imo like not saying it should be like a firecape stats wise but some kind of stats that would give newer players or people who don't have an option at the cape slot a boost.

Posted 25 November 2018 - 12:34 PM #49

Shadow007
Super Donator

Shadow007
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      9d 10h 54m 5s

• Total level:

@Omicron when will the poll End ?

G2OUzwD.png

Posted 25 November 2018 - 02:22 PM #50

Minnesotalsd
Classic

Minnesotalsd
Clan: CLC

• Time spent:
      9d 18h 28m 4s

• Total level:

@Omicron when will the poll End ?

Soon. Just be patient.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 10 user(s)