Photo

Content Poll: Classic Mode Changes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

Poll: Classic Mode Changes (215 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the Classic economy be opened up and merged with the normal economy in an attempt to revive the game mode?

1. Yes (140 votes [65.12%])

Percentage of vote: 65.12%

2. No (75 votes [34.88%])

Percentage of vote: 34.88%

Should a cosmetic item (sword or cape) be given to Classic players to signify their rank?

1. Yes (180 votes [83.72%])

Percentage of vote: 83.72%

2. No (35 votes [16.28%])

Percentage of vote: 16.28%

Vote

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:15 PM #21

Classic 420
Classic

Classic 420
Clan: C O A

• Time spent:
      3d 35m 17s

• Total level:
    Awards

YES and YES

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:16 PM #22

Vespina
Banned

Vespina

Clan: #Dynasty

• Time spent:
      5d 10h 52m 42s

• Previous username:
    Classic joke

• Total level:
    Awards

You can't really blame us for not wanting to PK when pk gear is expensive af on our TP and almost non existent but then when we get a kill we can't even loot the damn stuff.

thats why you use a normie to loot stuff ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:27 PM #23

Iron Peep
Ironman

Iron Peep

• Time spent:
      37d 15h 19m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

thats why you use a normie to loot stuff ;)

At that point why even bother PKing on a classic though? It's very inconvenient

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image LTG Peep Posted Image Posted Image Stay Slaying Posted Image

Posted Image RubyDaCherry Posted Image Posted Image Stay Elite Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:33 PM #24

Vespina
Banned

Vespina

Clan: #Dynasty

• Time spent:
      5d 10h 52m 42s

• Previous username:
    Classic joke

• Total level:
    Awards

At that point why even bother PKing on a classic though? It's very inconvenient

I guess so :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:52 PM #25

Lord Aizen
Ex-Staff

Lord Aizen
Clan: N/A

• Time spent:
      15d 18h 43m 31s

• Total level:
    Awards

If this increases the activity of one of our game modes, then I SUPPORT.

Would be nice to see more Classic Players around instead of just "Ironmen" or "Normies" everywhere.

CAvjvP8.png

U6FVH5y.png

Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:02 PM #26

Ragragrag46
Legendary Donator

Ragragrag46
Clan: #Peeks

• Time spent:
      34d 22h 23m 41s

• Total level:
    Awards

atleast i can say i maxed my classic b4 this shit happens

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted 20 November 2018 - 11:05 PM #27

Minnesotalsd
Classic

Minnesotalsd
Clan: CLC

• Time spent:
      9d 18h 28m 4s

• Total level:

atleast i can say i maxed my classic b4 this shit happens

Same dude. I got here just in time.

Posted 21 November 2018 - 12:55 AM #28

EIM Ohwk
Elite Ironman

EIM Ohwk

• Time spent:
      3h 57m 7s

• Total level:

Looking forward to see how this all goes. Support

Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:04 AM #29

My Love
Veteran

My Love

• Time spent:
      30d 51m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards
We can all agree classic is dying out. This poll, however, is not a solution to this. I can only see downsides to this change;
-all the well established/known current classic players will quit their account and with that most likely Alora, as ALL their hard earned acomplishments vanish in 1 go. Their exclusive items lose 50% of the value and suddenly are not very exclusive. Their stats become nothing special as most skills are suddunly buyable. Hell id for sure quit my classic if this happened to me.

-we end up with a gamemode that falls in a huge gap of nothingness, inbetween normie, elite iron and osrs. Suddenly theres no accomplishment in maxing a classic anymore, as it would be comparable to normie 200m'ing. On top of this, theres no acomplishment in getting items anymore, as its normie eco. So what do we end up with? A inconvenient slow ass normie.. whoohoo.

-the ony thing this will end up with is some hype at the beginning, but a quit and silent death. Players will give it a try, realize its the most non-rewarding gamemode in the game and quit. Sure, by then theres no eco dependant on it, so then classic dying doesnt matter, but id be a shame.

-there were and are more than enough other options to revive classic of which ive not seen many used. A big event around this gamemode would atleast make many people want to try it, reviving the eco and maybe thus reviving the gamemode. On top of this, theres many other options to try...

All in all just a cheap and useless poll to "revive" classic. Sure, it will do the job when killing the gamemode a bit more quietly...

Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:11 AM #30

Belq
Classic

Belq

• Time spent:
      6d 7h 39m 12s

• Total level:

Imho NON-Classic player shouldn't be able to vote unless they wanna start playing Classic.

Support the economy merge. At this point we have no other choice as "Classic only" economy is dead. Items are laying in TP for months even if there's lowest price.

I also SUPPORT Classic only Cosmetics. It will be awesome to clearly show that we are classics.

Long life for Classics, Long live C O A!

Proud member of "Classics of Alora"

AP2uPXc.jpg

On Runescape since 2002

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:11 AM #31

Paine
Veteran

Paine

• Time spent:
      171d 10h 5m 18s

• Total level:
    Awards

Imho NON-Classic player shouldn't be able to vote unless they wanna start playing Classic.

Support the economy merge. At this point we have no other choice as "Classic only" economy is dead. Items are laying in TP for months even if there's lowest price.

I also SUPPORT Classic only Cosmetics. It will be awesome to clearly show that we are classics.

Long life for Classics, Long live C O A!

Like it or not, classics aren't the only part of this community. You can't devote changes to classic players only, and have them poll it themselves only. Have a great day.

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support on 09/16/2018

Promoted to Server Moderator on 10/03/2018

Promoted to Forum Moderator on 11/25/2018
Promoted to Global Moderator on 1/6/2019

Promoted to Event Manager on 8/2/2019

Resigned from Event Manager on 10/25/2019

Returned as Server Moderator on 02/16/2020

Promoted to Global Moderator on 02/25/2020

Resigned from Global Moderator on 04/07/2020

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Community Awards

Spoiler
Spoiler

Posted 21 November 2018 - 05:41 AM #32

IM Moe
Master Donator

IM Moe
Clan: fbi office

• Time spent:
      44d 20h 52m 28s

• Previous username:
    moe1

• Total level:
    Awards

@ Omicron The first part of the poll I believe is going to be inaccurate due to the people that don't play classic are voting. However I personally believe that the Classic community wants the merge, I personally don't care for the perks. I'm cool with a shiny sword!

Thanks for the poll, and I believe it would revive the game mode/make it enjoyable for current players. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 21 November 2018 - 07:00 AM #33

O T T O
Donator

O T T O
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      47d 20h 33m 7s

• Previous username:
    Otto

• Total level:
    Awards
I’m personally going to vote no.

I think combining the two isn’t the best of ideas and devalues the majority of accomplishments achieved by any classics.

I do believe something needs to be done to reinvigorate the Classic mode. What that is, I’m not entirely sure but I feel this is a bad idea.
December 13 2016 - Server Support
January 16 2017 - Server Moderator
February 7 2017 - Global Moderator
March 15 2017 - Administrator

Now just a Veteran passing by...

"Heisenberg"
"RIP HC"
"Dead Otto"
"HC Otto V4"
"Rhubarb"
"Another Otto"
"PlankmanOtto" ingame now. Feel free to add me! I will get good at Hardcore...

Posted 21 November 2018 - 07:39 AM #34

Isekaii
Classic

Isekaii

• Time spent:
      49d 4h 5m 30s

• Total level:
    Awards

We can all agree classic is dying out. This poll, however, is not a solution to this. I can only see downsides to this change;
-all the well established/known current classic players will quit their account and with that most likely Alora, as ALL their hard earned acomplishments vanish in 1 go. Their exclusive items lose 50% of the value and suddenly are not very exclusive. Their stats become nothing special as most skills are suddunly buyable. Hell id for sure quit my classic if this happened to me.

-we end up with a gamemode that falls in a huge gap of nothingness, inbetween normie, elite iron and osrs. Suddenly theres no accomplishment in maxing a classic anymore, as it would be comparable to normie 200m'ing. On top of this, theres no acomplishment in getting items anymore, as its normie eco. So what do we end up with? A inconvenient slow ass normie.. whoohoo.

-the ony thing this will end up with is some hype at the beginning, but a quit and silent death. Players will give it a try, realize its the most non-rewarding gamemode in the game and quit. Sure, by then theres no eco dependant on it, so then classic dying doesnt matter, but id be a shame.

-there were and are more than enough other options to revive classic of which ive not seen many used. A big event around this gamemode would atleast make many people want to try it, reviving the eco and maybe thus reviving the gamemode. On top of this, theres many other options to try...

All in all just a cheap and useless poll to "revive" classic. Sure, it will do the job when killing the gamemode a bit more quietly...

The realest post about this merge in a nutshell. This merge isn't so much to revitalize the classic community, sure it'll bring in a few players but for how long?

If people wanted to play normal mode at a lower xp they could just make a option at account creation to set your xp to 5 for normal accs. But instead we are completely changing the core of classic mode of having 5x and our own economy, into one that's already in game.

This merge is more so for the classics already playing who cant buy/sell things off the tp since not a lot of players play classic at all. I tried giving a suggestion to appease both sides for people that want the merge and didn't but it wasn't possible to implement.

It sucks but too late now tbh the majority wants it

Posted 21 November 2018 - 08:00 AM #35

Veteran

• Time spent:
      247d 9h 20m 25s

• Previous username:
    Kaamea 22

• Total level:
    Awards
I am all for the cosmetic item for the classic game mode. Not too sure about the economy merge as I feel quite a few people would lose money referring to classic players as the items cost more to their mode than regular, but then again, if a majority of the classic community is for it. I shouldn't mind it either, because in the end this doesn't affect me at all. Whatever works best for the community and possibly increases the game-mode activity, because at the moment it feels like it's just dead content and doesn't interest new players at all and loving the fact you ask community opinion before changing it keep it up boys.

Posted 21 November 2018 - 09:02 AM #36

EIM Hentai
Elite Ironman

EIM Hentai
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      53d 20h 53m 19s

• Total level:
    Awards

Really sad to see what happens with classic . To be maxed on classic will not be a challange anymore since you can just buy everything from the shops . Found it really cool and interesting and thats why i went for max . Glad i am EIM so i dont need to bother about classic anymore just loosing the status thats it ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
At this moment Hentai knew , he fucked up.

Spoiler

Posted 21 November 2018 - 09:02 AM #37

Clawsclues
User

Clawsclues

• Total level:

take a look at classic tp b4 you all post..<3 only got 3 days play time a newbie but take a look lol....if not for this poll id already had made an ironman as my main.

Posted 21 November 2018 - 09:46 AM #38

Hentai trap
Classic

Hentai trap

• Total level:

The realest post about this merge in a nutshell. This merge isn't so much to revitalize the classic community, sure it'll bring in a few players but for how long?

If people wanted to play normal mode at a lower xp they could just make a option at account creation to set your xp to 5 for normal accs. But instead we are completely changing the core of classic mode of having 5x and our own economy, into one that's already in game.

This merge is more so for the classics already playing who cant buy/sell things off the tp since not a lot of players play classic at all. I tried giving a suggestion to appease both sides for people that want the merge and didn't but it wasn't possible to implement.

It sucks but too late now tbh the majority wants it

Agree x100 with both posts. Basically making classic into normal mode at a disadvantage lol. None of the 99 skills are impressive when supplies are worthless. The fun of classic was getting smaller drops that added up also like herbs and skilling supplies. Also I think the poll should be classic only as the fate of our accounts are in the hands of people who have never and probably won’t play the game mode lol. Classic was a fun mix of being self sufficient and also being able to trade with a small tight community. This won’t boost any activity in the game mode. Why play a harder mode you get nothing for? Lol when you can play the exact same game but faster. Not to mention reviving classic is pointless if we merge. All in all I got rid of my classic bank when omicron first confirmed it via pm (which is should’ve been polled first lol )I don’t want to play a mode that can basically be destroyed at random so I’ll be staying away from classic. Shame because it was probably the most fun I’ve had on a rsps.

Posted 21 November 2018 - 10:33 AM #39

Classic nate
Classic

Classic nate

• Time spent:
      3d 8h 59m 32s

• Total level:
I understand classic needs a change to stay alive, I get that. I have to agree with what joke said, if a new player joins what incentive do they have to pick the slower so rate? None. In my eyes the merge will help current classic players, however I don’t see new players joining and making a classic or old classic players returning with no incentives. Just my two cents on the matter.

Edit: this may just be me, but my classic is my farthest progressed account. So when the merge happens I feel like we should have the option to de-classic like irons do. I mean if we have the same economy as Normie there is no reason to play classic at a slow rate. Might as well go play osrs.

Posted 21 November 2018 - 12:14 PM #40

Minnesotalsd
Classic

Minnesotalsd
Clan: CLC

• Time spent:
      9d 18h 28m 4s

• Total level:

Throwback to the Classic Tourny that brought a massive chunk of players over to try the mode :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 10 user(s)