Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      205d 4h 59m 56s

• Previous username:
    Hellish

• Total level:
    Awards

Group Ironman

Hey guys, Omicron has been working hard to get the Group Ironman game-mode out as fast as possible. The target release date is: 6pm EST (11pm Server time) Saturday, 12th January, 2019.

As we saw with the release of Elite Ironman, we will be hosting a similar competition, rewarding the players who are able to complete the following achievements before others.

Make sure to check out the PvP Event hosted by king purple, there's $500 in cash prizes up for grabs, check it out here:

https://www.alora.io...in-cash-prizes/

Competition Achievements:

Any achievement that has not been claimed will be coloured red and have N/A as the winner until it is claimed. If you are the first to complete an achievement, you must post proof of completion as a reply to this topic, and we will add the tokens to your account, as well as, update the thread with your name added as the winner for the appropriate task.

First Team* to reach 1500 total level:

Reward - 750 Tokens

Winner : Ghorrock

(Team - Ghorrock, Dareeyak, Lassar, Paddewwa, Kharyrll)

First Team* to reach 2100 total level:

Reward - 1250 Tokens

Winner: Ghorrock

(Team -Kharyrll, Lasser, Paddewwa, Dareeyak, Ghorrock.)

First team* to complete a 5 man Chamber Of Xeric raid (All must be from the same GIM team):

Reward: 1 Bond Each

Winners: (Team - My Bae, SpoonBae, Baecast, Thermibae, Mafiabae)

First team* to complete a 5 man Theatre Of Blood raid (All must be from the same GIM team):

Reward: 1 Bond Each:

Winners: TMNT Aritus

(Team - LTG Arrow, TMNT Aritus, Master Danny, TMNT Jme, Spoonbae)

First Team* to receive a boss pet:

Reward: 850 Tokens

Winner: CMF Fiji

(Team - CMF Ethan, CMF Blue, CMF Beers, CMF Fiji, CMf bk)

First Team* to complete the Inferno:

Reward: 1500 Tokens

Winner: Sharp

(Team - Groot, Ascendere, Sharp, Adapting, Weath)

* The 'reward' shown is the total tokens available per challenge, which will be split evenly amongst team members. Only 1 person per team needs to complete the specified tasks for the team to be rewarded.

Best of luck to all participants.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:49 PM #2

Steel Nogan
Veteran

Steel Nogan
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      51d 23h 35m 4s

• Total level:
    Awards
Ez 1000 tokens on first player to complete the Inferno.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Alora Awards
Spoiler

ICE Awards
Spoiler

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:59 PM #3

KP
Veteran

KP

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m 19s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

Lets get this breaddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd  <3

KP | One | Horus

298b959afb3954f5e6e256eadcf3063d.png

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:12 PM #4

iOlmlet
User

iOlmlet

• Time spent:
      8d 8h 1m 50s

• Total level:
Awesome! I most likely won’t be on during release but I’ll stilll race to get there!
Posted Image

GIM - OCE User
Elite Ironman - Elite Olmlet
Normie - Pet Olmlet

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:13 PM #5

Sassafras
Veteran

Sassafras
Clan: Frozen H2O

• Time spent:
      75d 6m 11s

• Previous username:
    UL Sassafras

• Total level:
    Awards
This is gonna be a ton of fun to watch, best of luck to all the teams that'll be grinding hard over the next couple weeks.

#1 Ultimate Ironman Tbow Dropper

Posted Image

sycamore | Sassafras | y | ultSASSAFRAS

Rejoined as Global Moderator on 12/1/19

UIM KOTS Winner | Maxed HCUIM

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:18 PM #6

MT
Veteran

MT

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

• Previous username:
    Moral Truth

• Total level:
    Awards

Best of luck to those who plan on participating. :)

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:31 PM #7

swagy
Donator

swagy
Clan: Phereus

• Time spent:
      22d 18h 12m 54s

• Total level:
Some spicy loot for grabs, good luck to all!

8ae64460494421.5c4e8d3b9f182.gif

Promoted to Server Support on 1/1/2019

Promoted to Server Moderator on 1/20/2019

Main: Not Swagy

Alt: Swagy 

Ironman: Swagy v2

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:51 PM #8

Dylain
Banned

Dylain

• Time spent:
      134d 20h 31m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards

Awesome prizes up for grabs!

Best of luck to everyone that participates. 

V4D2cq1.png

mMWRTmw.pnggQ60wjr.png

If you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to PM me by clicking here

Two-Factor Authentication | Client Assistance | Official Rules | Staff List | Appeal

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:52 PM #9

Iron Peep
Ironman

Iron Peep
Clan: C O A

• Time spent:
      37d 15h 19m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

Would have loved to see some team based total level rewards aswell but this is a cool incentive none the less.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image LTG Peep Posted Image Posted Image Stay Slaying Posted Image

Posted Image RubyDaCherry Posted Image Posted Image Stay Elite Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:52 PM #10

Maleficia1
Ironman

Maleficia1
Clan: Callidus

• Time spent:
      11d 6h 7m 4s

• Total level:
    Awards

I'll be honest, this makes absolutely no sense to me. This is a group mode, it is intended for players to team up and form groups, so why are half of the competitions based on a singular players progression? I like the the Raids challenges, but the others seem out of place for a mode that is entirely based around a group of players. Level achievements I have no problem with, but it should include all team members rather than a single player in my opinion. First 5 man team with all players 1500+ total, 2100+ total, etc makes much more sense.

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:06 PM #11

Damnit Male
Elite Ironman

Damnit Male

• Time spent:
      1d 15h 3m 5s

• Total level:

I'll be honest, this makes absolutely no sense to me. This is a group mode, it is intended for players to team up and form groups, so why are half of the competitions based on a singular players progression? I like the the Raids challenges, but the others seem out of place for a mode that is entirely based around a group of players. Level achievements I have no problem with, but it should include all team members rather than a single player in my opinion. First 5 man team with all players 1500+ total, 2100+ total, etc makes much more sense.

I agree with this 100%

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:10 PM #12

Zach McCoy
Ex-Staff

Zach McCoy
Clan: Alora

• Time spent:
      17d 12h 29m

• Total level:
    Awards
Good luck to everybody participating.

6CTJVa.gif

200m skills achieved

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:17 PM #13

Mack
Veteran

Mack
Clan: Noobcord

• Time spent:
      448d 21h 39m 56s

• Total level:
    Awards

I think you severely overlook the fact that having team members work together will directly impact how fast a single player can progress. Sure one player could grind 1500 total levels himself but it can be done much more quickly and efficiently with a team working together. Just some food for thought when thinking a "single" accomplishment has nothing to do with the team factor of group ironman. 

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:20 PM #14

Maleficia1
Ironman

Maleficia1

• Time spent:
      11d 6h 7m 4s

• Total level:
    Awards

I think you severely overlook the fact that having team members work together will directly impact how fast a single player can progress. Sure one player could grind 1500 total levels himself but it can be done much more quickly and efficiently with a team working together. Just some food for thought when thinking a "single" accomplishment has nothing to do with the team factor of group ironman. 

Sure, fair enough. But it seems odd to set out to design a mode designed for teams to work together and play together and then provide incentives to funnel everything to one member. Is that teamwork? Maybe so. But I personally think that takes the mode in a wrong direction. I think that teams should be rewarded for all playing and working together towards a common goal rather than funneling one player. Just how I look at it. 

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:18 PM #15

2 Ridiculous
Master Donator

2 Ridiculous
Clan: #Dynasty

• Time spent:
      54d 16h 46m 25s

• Previous username:
    Iron 2Ridic

• Total level:
    Awards

I'll be getting the first infernal.

(Definitely won't be, i can't be very active rn :c)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:07 AM #16

Iron maxx
Ironman

Iron maxx

• Time spent:
      32d 14h 4m 20s

• Total level:
    Awards

I won't be grinding that hard cuz lack of time.. Sadly..

But everyone who does, GOODLUCK!

Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:28 AM #17

Diseased
Ultimate Ironman

Diseased

• Time spent:
      86d 18h 47m 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

I have do agree with you 100%. 

I am not a great fan of what route you have decided to take on these competitions. Having the group funnel into one player, and judging the individual player within the group rather than judging the group as a whole. Yes I understand Mack's point on funneling into one player, but I completely disagree and I do not think that it is the way people wanted it to be - I at least don't want it to be that way. 

If you wanted it to be a group effort, why only reward the player reaching lets say the total level, the blowpipe or the infernal cape.. If you consider it a team effort why don't you reward the entire team instead of the single player. Sure he can spend the tokens in ways that benefit his team. But why not just reward the entire group? It is group ironman mode after all. 

I am fairly disappointed with what seems to me to be a lazy solution, and one that lacks creativity. It feels like its just copy pasted from the EIM ones, and I do not think they fit very well with the group ironman mentality that I have. I obviously don't know if this is the reason for what seems to be a rushed post, but I hope you have given it a lot of thought... and taken your time to come up with what is supposed to create the hype and motivation for players to rush into the gamemode and no life it. 

Regardless of my negativity I hope the rest of the gamemode is well designed, and I hope to spend a lot of hours on it ... for what hopefully brings back my motivation to play Alora. 

Posted Image

Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:48 AM #18

Not Magnata

Veteran

Not Magnata

• Time spent:
      95d 9h 53m 24s

• Previous username:
    7 Psychodual

• Total level:
    Awards
Best of luck to all the participants!

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:19 AM #19

teeth check
Veteran

teeth check

• Time spent:
      205d 4h 59m 56s

• Previous username:
    Hellish

• Total level:
    Awards

I have do agree with you 100%. 

I am not a great fan of what route you have decided to take on these competitions. Having the group funnel into one player, and judging the individual player within the group rather than judging the group as a whole. Yes I understand Mack's point on funneling into one player, but I completely disagree and I do not think that it is the way people wanted it to be - I at least don't want it to be that way. 

If you wanted it to be a group effort, why only reward the player reaching lets say the total level, the blowpipe or the infernal cape.. If you consider it a team effort why don't you reward the entire team instead of the single player. Sure he can spend the tokens in ways that benefit his team. But why not just reward the entire group? It is group ironman mode after all. 

I am fairly disappointed with what seems to me to be a lazy solution, and one that lacks creativity. It feels like its just copy pasted from the EIM ones, and I do not think they fit very well with the group ironman mentality that I have. I obviously don't know if this is the reason for what seems to be a rushed post, but I hope you have given it a lot of thought... and taken your time to come up with what is supposed to create the hype and motivation for players to rush into the gamemode and no life it. 

Regardless of my negativity I hope the rest of the gamemode is well designed, and I hope to spend a lot of hours on it ... for what hopefully brings back my motivation to play Alora. 

I've made the following changes:

• Removed the blowpipe reward - this was indeed outdated
  • Changed the titles of each task to team* (with the asterisk providing a bit of explanation at the end)
  • The reward will be split evenly amongst all team members, so I will up the totals slightly. 

Thanks for your feedback. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:30 AM #20

Subville
User

Subville

• Total level:

You are not aloud to have more than one account per person in GIM PVP Comp, but are you aloud to if you don't intend on racing these achievements?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 14 user(s)