Posted 31 January 2019 - 09:25 AM #1

Fine China
Banned

Fine China

• Time spent:
      21d 7h 1m 3s

• Total level:

Omicron ,

SS Omicron? I still wonder to this day. One of, if not the best owner of a RuneScape Private Server that I have come across in my time being in the RuneScape Private Scene (2007). The amount of hard work, time and effort you put into Alora is extraordinary. Granted, you have had an amazing staff team by your side, but what you have done here as a solo developer is spectacular. Of course, it would be great to have another developer by your side, but I'm fully aware of how hard it is to find one who is decent, motivated, trustworthy...Not to mention there generally isn't many freelance developers around anymore anyhow. I'm unaware of what happens behind the scenes, however, one thing I'm fully aware of is that the communication between you and the rest of the staff team is fantastic, which is great to hear. Let's not forget how much you give back to the community as well, such as providing real life money and other real life rewards in events. You're no required to do that, so it's a lovely gesture and very generous of you to do so. Another thing I'm fond of, is that when you're online on the forum I notice you actively browse the suggestions section. That's really cool, I'm glad to know that you are interested in reading and looking for new content ideas for Alora, and not just relying on the staff team to tell you to add this and that or remove this and that from the game (a lot of owners of RuneScape Private Servers are like that). You're not the typical owner of a RuneScape Private Server who relies on the staff team to do everything for you, while you just bring out new content once in a blue moon and then go idle and hope to receive donations, and that's what I love most.

Not necessarily cons, but things I would very like to see start happening, perhaps from the rest of the community as well - bugs and content already suggested and accepted. I'm aware you like to integrate new content from Old School RuneScape as soon as possible, as well have Alora be the first RuneScape Private Server to have this and that, but I feel Alora is in need of a whole month where nothing but bugs are being squished and content already suggested and accepted be worked on. I joined in December 2017, and I'm still continuously facing bugs from when I first started playing to play, as well as see community members suggesting content which has already been suggested and accepted from many, many months ago - even up to a year ago. There is a pinned thread in the suggestions section, which contains a big list of already suggested and accepted suggestions. Granted, a majority of them are diminutive, but it would all eventually add up and make a difference in the game. So many quality of life ideas in the list that would certainly eventually add up and make a difference in the game.

Your communication between you and the rest of the community is good when it comes to the game itself, but other than that it is very limited, in my opinion. There are understandable reasonings for this though, and we are all aware of that. I would, however, love it if you ever had spare time on your hands and found the time to make little more interaction with the community. It doesn't have to be anything too big, it could be something such as chilling at home with players for 15 minutes every other day, hosting a Q&A here on the forum every few months, or even turning up at a weekend event for a short period of time.

Again, the two paragraphs above aren't necessarily cons, just things I would very like to see start happening. Consider them suggestions more than feedback.

Posted 31 January 2019 - 09:38 AM #2

User

• Time spent:
      247d 9h 20m 25s

• Previous username:
    Kaamea 22

• Total level:
    Awards

Solid thread man. I think Omicron should take a few days to focus only on the bugs that has been reported and clean a little bit up the section and a little bit more communication with the players wouldn't hurt anyone.

Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:17 AM #3

Zach McCoy
Ex-Staff

Zach McCoy
Clan: Alora

• Time spent:
      17d 12h 29m

• Total level:
    Awards
A solid feedback thread for sure, and when it comes to your bug and accepted suggestions “con” I totally agree just working on these for a month would be pretty beneficial.

6CTJVa.gif

200m skills achieved

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:27 AM #4

Sassafras
Veteran

Sassafras
Clan: Frozen H2O

• Time spent:
      75d 6m 11s

• Previous username:
    UL Sassafras

• Total level:
    Awards
Excellent feedback, I especially agree with the suggestions paragraph.

#1 Ultimate Ironman Tbow Dropper

Posted Image

sycamore | Sassafras | y | ultSASSAFRAS

Rejoined as Global Moderator on 12/1/19

UIM KOTS Winner | Maxed HCUIM

Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:35 AM #5

Omicron

Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      419d 16h 36m 41s

• Total level:
    Awards

I highly appreciate the feedback! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write it out :) I'd just like to add that although I try to do my best, the staff team plays a huge role in the smooth functioning of Alora, and a lot of what they do is behind the scenes and goes unnoticed. I would be way too overwhelmed to push out updates at anywhere near the pace that I do if it weren't for them keeping the show running.

There is definitely a full update coming where it'll be primarily bug fixes and QOL, just haven't gotten around to it with the recent updates from OSRS and the time it took to implement GIM.

Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:46 AM #6

Fine China
Banned

Fine China

• Time spent:
      21d 7h 1m 3s

• Total level:

I highly appreciate the feedback! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write it out :) I'd just like to add that although I try to do my best, the staff team plays a huge role in the smooth functioning of Alora, and a lot of what they do is behind the scenes and goes unnoticed. I would be way too overwhelmed to push out updates at anywhere near the pace that I do if it weren't for them keeping the show running.

There is definitely a full update coming where it'll be primarily bug fixes and QOL, just haven't gotten around to it with the recent updates from OSRS and the time it took to implement GIM.

...And thank-you for taking the time out of your day to read my feedback given to you, as well as responding to it. I'm certainly sure near enough the whole staff team works behind closed doors, but without a doubt they do so much more than I or anyone else in the community expects. You have a fantastic staff team by your side, Omicron .

Looking very forward to that update patch. Again, thank-you for the reading and responding. 

Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:29 AM #7

MT
Veteran

MT
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

• Previous username:
    Moral Truth

• Total level:
    Awards
It was a nice read to see all the feedback that you have for Omicron, as well as him replying to your post. He is indeed a very busy man, major props to him for keeping Alora running and pushing out more updates and bug fixes each month. :)

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 31 January 2019 - 12:34 PM #8

Iron Stylez
Banned

Iron Stylez

Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      3d 5h 41m 48s

• Total level:
Such a nice read ! We should all stop crying about updates coming late and such, the man has the number one Runescape Private server in hands(Hydra being later as planned.) Brings alot of pressure guys!

I Wanna thank all of the staff team for being awsome ! And thanks to you for all the kind words u spoke in this thread. (We should have more players like you)
Special thanks goes to Omi for being such a good owner !

Kind Regards,

Iron Stylez

Posted 31 January 2019 - 01:54 PM #9

Dylain
Banned

Dylain

• Time spent:
      134d 20h 31m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards

Beautil read Fine China , I think the feedback you have provided today was bang on the money. I'm glad someone has spoken the truth when it comes to providing feedback for members on the staff-team. Gj.

We're all very grateful for what Omicron does & the amount of time and dedication he has towards his beloved server. I've seen many owners throughout my years of playing Private servers, & Dan defiantly takes the #1 spot for how well he manages his time, and his server.

Big hopes for this year.

V4D2cq1.png

mMWRTmw.pnggQ60wjr.png

If you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to PM me by clicking here

Two-Factor Authentication | Client Assistance | Official Rules | Staff List | Appeal

Posted 31 January 2019 - 03:04 PM #10

Jisoo
Veteran

Jisoo
Clan: Memories OSRS

• Time spent:
      77d 14h 19m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

This was quite a well-written read Fine China , couldn't agree with you more on many of the points you've touched on.

Always nice to see these threads where the community can interact with the faces that work behind the scenes to help Alora run smoothly. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 16 user(s)