15 replies to this topic

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:20 PM #1

Fine China
Banned

Fine China

• Time spent:
      21d 7h 1m 3s

• Total level:

Over the past several months, I have noticed a fair increase in graphic designers and video creators joining Alora's community. It has been great to see, and I am hoping to see more join Alora's community throughout 2019.

I feel it's a great time for the staff team to begin hosting enjoyable activities with them, with rewards up for grabs. It takes a lot of hard work and effort into creating videos, and some community members are consistently putting out videos for Alora. I feel they deserve more credibility, as at the end of the day, it's advertising and is helping Alora's growth. 

The first couple of months could be a trial run, and if they don't go as to plan and aren't successful, then the activities could always be put to a stop, but hopefully they'll work out and be successful. 

SOTM (Signature of The Month) - A member of staff would create a Signature of The Month submission thread, which will include details, such as - the rewards, submission end date, theme, etc. Graphic designers would then submit their entry, and at the end a member of staff would create a new thread that will have a poll attached for the community to vote on their favourite. The submission which receives the most votes wins rewards.

Possible rewards - Signature of The Month rank, forum award, in-game bonds, and their Signature of The Month submission visible somewhere located on the forum. 

VOTM (Video of The Month) - A member of staff would create a Video of The Month submission thread, which will include details, such as - the rewards, submission end date, theme, length of video, etc. Video creators would then submit their entry, and at the end a member of staff would create a new thread that will have a poll attached for the community to vote on their favourite. The submission which receives the most votes wins rewards.

Possible rewards - Forum award, in-game bonds, and their Video of The Month submission being shown on Alora's homepage under featured media. 

Three weeks of receiving submissions, and one week of receiving voting. 

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:25 PM #2

7ashkal
Super Donator

7ashkal
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      37d 11h 44m 13s

• Total level:
    Awards

i believe @Dr dre are e suggested it before (SOTM / GOTM (gfx of the month) nonetheless support for both !!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:25 PM #3

Champ
Veteran

Champ

• Time spent:
      526d 17h 16m 52s

• Previous username:
    Iron Champie

• Total level:
    Awards

I think this would be a great idea. Like you said it takes several hours to make very good looking graphic or videos for Alora and they all do a fantastic job at it and of course they should be rewarded for it.

Support.

champtransparent.gif
Signature made by the wonderful Sunnii

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:29 PM #4

Fine China
Banned

Fine China

• Time spent:
      21d 7h 1m 3s

• Total level:

i believe @Dr dre are e suggested it before (SOTM / GOTM (gfx of the month) nonetheless support for both !!

I do recall someone suggesting a graphic competition a couple months ago, I had originally just thought of VOTM, but I thought I'd go ahead and include SOTM in my suggestion, too. Thank-you for the support, my man.

I think this would be a great idea. Like you said it takes several hours to make very good looking graphic or videos for Alora and they all do a fantastic job at it and of course they should be rewarded for it.

Support.

Thank-you for the support, Iron Champie! 

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:32 PM #5

Dylain
Banned

Dylain

• Time spent:
      134d 20h 31m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards

I've seen this all before on previous Private servers that I've played & it's safe to say not one time did this concept go wrong. If anything, it helps in the long run as you mentioned Fine China . Only problem I can see being a threat is when it comes down to picking the winners. Previous servers were very biased when it came to decision making. 

My only hope is that it's not a repeat of what I've witnessed in the past. Apart from that I'm all for it.

Solid work brother.

V4D2cq1.png

mMWRTmw.pnggQ60wjr.png

If you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to PM me by clicking here

Two-Factor Authentication | Client Assistance | Official Rules | Staff List | Appeal

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:41 PM #6

Fine China
Banned

Fine China

• Time spent:
      21d 7h 1m 3s

• Total level:

I've seen this all before on previous Private servers that I've played & it's safe to say not one time did this concept go wrong. If anything, it helps in the long run as you mentioned Fine China . Only problem I can see being a threat is when it comes down to picking the winners. Previous servers were very biased when it came to decision making. 

My only hope is that it's not a repeat of what I've witnessed in the past. Apart from that I'm all for it.

Solid work brother.

The bias issue probably occurs with Member of The Month and community awards, too. Not much can be done about it. Friends will always vote for their friends, and clans will always vote for their clan members. Unsure of a solution for VOTM, but for SOTM - graphic designers could always send their submissions by sending a direct message to the member of staff hosting it, and the member of staff doesn't include their usernames by their submissions in the voting. 

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:44 PM #7

Dylain
Banned

Dylain

• Time spent:
      134d 20h 31m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards

The bias issue probably occurs with Member of The Month and community awards, too. Not much can be done about it. Friends will always vote for their friends, and clans will always vote for their clan members. Unsure of a solution for VOTM, but for SOTM - graphic designers could always send their submissions by sending a direct message to the member of staff hosting it, and the member of staff doesn't include their usernames by their submissions in the voting. 

You're right, it's like the inevitable. Somethings just can't be changed. Which is why I've never cared or given any thought to the awards, they're always biased anyways. But yeah that's a good way to look at it and possibly handle doing the VOTM/SOTM's.

Also with the rewards, they should be something different. It's always the same - bonds/forum awards/store currency. Why not give away a cheap custom donation (of the winners choice) or a free donator rank (Ofc by Omicrons desecration) to what ever account desired, or even possibly the chance of a free Inferno cape? Too me, it gets pretty repetitive with the current rewards that are given out. I am not complaining what so ever, but it would be refreshing to see new rewards up for grabs.

V4D2cq1.png

mMWRTmw.pnggQ60wjr.png

If you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to PM me by clicking here

Two-Factor Authentication | Client Assistance | Official Rules | Staff List | Appeal

Posted 20 February 2019 - 07:54 PM #8

Sayso
Veteran

Sayso
Clan: MOST HATED

• Time spent:
      131d 8h 55m 30s

• Previous username:
    T S

• Total level:
    Awards

Nice ideas, I like them.

Support.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:20 PM #9

MT
Veteran

MT
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

• Previous username:
    Moral Truth

• Total level:
    Awards
I have to admit, Dylain has a fair point. Perhaps the signatures/videos can be reviewed by the higher-ups. That sounds more fair to me.

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:24 PM #10

Turner skill
Donator

Turner skill
Clan: #PARAGON

• Time spent:
      40d 57m 39s

• Total level:
    Awards

great idea support this 

Posted Image

Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:56 PM #11

Jisoo
Veteran

Jisoo
Clan: Memories OSRS

• Time spent:
      77d 14h 19m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

Great idea, I would love to see what content creators and GFX designers are capable of, push them past their limits and they might discover something they never knew they could do.

SUPPORT

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:11 PM #12

J boogs
Veteran

J boogs
Clan: Retired

• Time spent:
      287d 15h 17m 31s

• Total level:
    Awards

I support this 100%, those who win these awards should totally get some recognized for it!

Posted Image

Posted ImageServer Support - 10/13/2019

Posted ImageServer Moderator - 11/10/2019

Posted ImageForum Moderator - 1/18/2020

Posted ImageGlobal Moderator - 2/16/2020

Resigned - 4/3/2020

Posted ImageServer Moderator - 6/7/2020

Posted ImageForum Moderator - 7/17/2020

Posted ImageGlobal Moderator - 10/25/2020

Resigned - 12/22/2020

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 21 February 2019 - 06:17 AM #13

Fine China
Banned

Fine China

• Time spent:
      21d 7h 1m 3s

• Total level:

Thank-you to everyone for your support.

I'm not fussed how the voting goes down for SOTM and VOTM - if it's up to the community or just the staff team only, I would just love to see these two competitions be introduced in Alora. 

Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:30 AM #14

User

• Time spent:
      247d 9h 20m 25s

• Previous username:
    Kaamea 22

• Total level:
    Awards
I like these ideas I mentioned in my previous forum suggestion thread about VOTM and that's something which Alora could benefit from and at the same time people could get exposure from it as a YouTube/Video maker.
As far as it goes SOTM. I am more than happy to host it as long as someone can provide the rewards. I am too poor for providing the in-game prizes.

Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:00 AM #15

Fine China
Banned

Fine China

• Time spent:
      21d 7h 1m 3s

• Total level:

I like these ideas I mentioned in my previous forum suggestion thread about VOTM and that's something which Alora could benefit from and at the same time people could get exposure from it as a YouTube/Video maker.
As far as it goes SOTM. I am more than happy to host it as long as someone can provide the rewards. I am too poor for providing the in-game prizes.

A forum staff member hosting SOTM would probably be ideal. I originally thought of event managers being the ones to organise them and such, but I feel they already have enough on their plate, and it would give other roles to get more involved in other things. 

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:26 AM #16

Fine China
Banned

Fine China

• Time spent:
      21d 7h 1m 3s

• Total level:

Would like to hear more input - from graphic designers and video creators themselves regarding these suggestions, would you guys be interested in the competitions? 

Would love to see a trial run for both competitions in March. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 15 user(s)