Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:16 AM #1

Cashew Nuts
User

Cashew Nuts

• Time spent:
      12h 21m 31s

• Total level:
Hi,

Like a week ago, I was banned for using an auto clicker. My Iron Man was banned for 24-hours. I deserved that, since intentionally used it.

Sometimes I use auto clicking for other games, like the Steam game: Clicker Heroes, just to experiment with it. I have a dual screen setup:

Left screen: Clicker Heroes (when cursor here, turning auto clicker on)

Right screen: Alora Client (when cursor here, turning auto clicker off)

Side note: Razer Synapse auto click macro bound to macro key.

But what were to happend when I accidently forgot to turn off my auto clicker and moving my cursor from the left screen to the right screen (screen with alora client open). I would immediately turn auto clicker off! Since it's against the rules.

Anyone would say: "No excuses, you used auto clicking, you deserved to be banned". True, but what if the person just accidently presses the macro key and it turns on while playing on Alora? It's accidently used, but not intentional used on Alora. It was turned on for 1 second, clicking on a random tile and then turned off.

It happend to me a few times earlier. In my honest opinion, accidents happend, but... black and white seen, it's a rule broken by the player.

Would anyone deserved to be punished for that or would anyone accept it as an accident and let it just go?

I'd like to hear your opinion.

Kind regards,

Cashew Nuts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:25 AM #2

KP
Veteran

KP
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m 19s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

Some people accidentally bot, so we accidentally ban them, that's how the game works brother. You need to follow the rules, otherwise this will be a mess.

KP | One | Horus

298b959afb3954f5e6e256eadcf3063d.png

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:47 AM #3

Cashew Nuts
User

Cashew Nuts

• Time spent:
      12h 21m 31s

• Total level:

Some people accidentally bot, so we accidentally ban them, that's how the game works brother. You need to follow the rules, otherwise this will be a mess.

So how does someone accidently manage to bot? A bot would require you to use a client and actually set it up. You're implying "people accidently botting" that someone is using it as an excuse for to intentional botting. Those players deserved to be banned.

I have a Razer Anansi keyboard with macro keys on it, it would be extremely common to miss press buttons that would activate a macro bound to my macro key. I have Razer Synapse installed which has a macro recorder and the ability to reprogram my keys.

If someone would use an actual bot script, it would require much more time to set it up and is totally used for intentional purposes. A single miss press on my keyboard that would activate a macro is a huge difference IMO. It's accidently pressed and far from intentional.

Also turning it immediately off would clarify that someone has no intention to bot or auto anything.

Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:59 AM #4

Cashew Nuts
User

Cashew Nuts

• Time spent:
      12h 21m 31s

• Total level:

You guys are mean people. Liking his comment and ignoring my post. I hate people with no empathy for others. I already freaking stated that things like this happend accidently and by implying "accidently auto clicking" I don't freaking mean using this as an excuse to "intentional bot". Grow up and anwser my question seriously, will ya?!

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:02 AM #5

MT
Veteran

MT
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

• Previous username:
    Moral Truth

• Total level:
    Awards

So how does someone accidently manage to bot? A bot would require you to use a client and actually set it up. You're implying "people accidently botting" that someone is using it as an excuse for to intentional botting. Those players deserved to be banned.
I have a Razer Anansi keyboard with macro keys on it, it would be extremely common to miss press buttons that would activate a macro bound to my macro key. I have Razer Synapse installed which has a macro recorder and the ability to reprogram my keys.
If someone would use an actual bot script, it would require much more time to set it up and is totally used for intentional purposes. A single miss press on my keyboard that would activate a macro is a huge difference IMO. It's accidently pressed and far from intentional.
Also turning it immediately off would clarify that someone has no intention to bot or auto anything.

Regardless if you accidentally pressed a hotkey or you never intended to use an autoclicker, it was still used and therefore you were punished with a 24-hour ban for 1st offense. This is to ensure that players reread the rules and get the message that they are not allowed to use autoclicking in any shape or form as it gives players an unfair advantage. The staff team is more lenient towards banning AHKers compared to botters, the latter getting punished with a permanent removal from the community with no chance of appeal on 1st offense. Botters get no second chances, so you should be grateful you weren’t permanently banned for accidentally using a hotkey.

In the future, I recommend turning off that feature when you play Alora, that way this situation does not happen again.

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:07 AM #6

Cashew Nuts
User

Cashew Nuts

• Time spent:
      12h 21m 31s

• Total level:

Regardless if you accidentally pressed a hotkey or you never intended to use an autoclicker, it was still used and therefore you were punished with a 24-hour ban for 1st offense. This is to ensure that players reread the rules and get the message that they are not allowed to use autoclicking in any shape or form as it gives players an unfair advantage. The staff team is more lenient towards banning AHKers compared to botters, the latter getting punished with a permanent ban with no chance of appeal on 1st offense. Botters get no second chances, so you should be grateful you weren’t permanently banned for accidentally using a hotkey. In the future, I recommend turning off that feature when you play Alora, that way this situation does not happen again.

No no no, you misunderstood man. The reason I was banned for 24-hours, was because I intentionally auto clicked. This was in the past, already happend. My 24-hour ban already expired. The situation described in my first post is unrelated to the 24-hour ban I received from intentional auto clicking.

I mean a week ago is more than 24-hours, right.

Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:27 PM #7

Banks
Veteran

Banks
Clan: Salty Ex-Admins

• Time spent:
      157d 3h 1m 13s

• Total level:
    Awards

I think what he said went completely over your head.

The rule is stated pretty clearly, the use of autoclickers is prohibited. The responsibility doesn't fall on us to make sure you don't "accidentally" autoclick. It's on you to follow the rules and if you don't, you receive the respective punishment. It doesn't matter who you are, everyone has to follow the rules.

draisig2.png

Posted 13 May 2019 - 03:31 PM #8

Fear of god
User

Fear of god

• Time spent:
      2d 15h 54m 41s

• Total level:

Breaking a rule, even on accident doesn't exempt you from the rule break.

bhjrd.png

Posted 15 May 2019 - 02:21 AM #9

Cashew Nuts
User

Cashew Nuts

• Time spent:
      12h 21m 31s

• Total level:

I think what he said went completely over your head.

The rule is stated pretty clearly, the use of autoclickers is prohibited. The responsibility doesn't fall on us to make sure you don't "accidentally" autoclick. It's on you to follow the rules and if you don't, you receive the respective punishment. It doesn't matter who you are, everyone has to follow the rules.

The rule states the following:

8. Third Party Software

Applying the use of third-party software that allows a member to have an (any) unfair advantage whatsoever will result in a 24-hour, followed by a 48-hour ban, with an ending result of a permanent ban. We strive to maintain an honorable environment where fairness flourishes and hard-earned achievements are commended. This includes auto-clickers, auto-typers, AHK.

• a. The use of botting clients/scripts are forbidden and will result in an IP-Ban as well as permanent bans on all owned accounts.

Even if I would be playing Alora and by accident activate my auto click macro, it wouldn't have any advantage over other players, because it will be active for a few second, clicking on a random spot and then turning it off as fast as possible. Only if you would do it continuously for longer periods of time, it would have such advantage, like for example: using the auto clicker for gaining xp in one click skills like thieving. Therefore, accidental use is not against the rules, since there is no "unfair advantage" for the player.

What you guys are doing, is basically screwing someone over for what could happend to anyone. If this is the way how you guys deal with this kind of thing, it would be wise to add this to the rules. For example:

• b. The accidental use of auto-clickers, auto-typers and AHK's wil be at your own risk and will still be seen as a rule broken. We are not held responsible for your accidental actions.

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:25 PM #10

Sassafras
Veteran

Sassafras
Clan: Frozen H2O

• Time spent:
      75d 6m 11s

• Previous username:
    UL Sassafras

• Total level:
    Awards

The rule states the following:

8. Third Party Software

Applying the use of third-party software that allows a member to have an (any) unfair advantage whatsoever will result in a 24-hour, followed by a 48-hour ban, with an ending result of a permanent ban. We strive to maintain an honorable environment where fairness flourishes and hard-earned achievements are commended. This includes auto-clickers, auto-typers, AHK.

• a. The use of botting clients/scripts are forbidden and will result in an IP-Ban as well as permanent bans on all owned accounts.

Even if I would be playing Alora and by accident activate my auto click macro, it wouldn't have any advantage over other players, because it will be active for a few second, clicking on a random spot and then turning it off as fast as possible. Only if you would do it continuously for longer periods of time, it would have such advantage, like for example: using the auto clicker for gaining xp in one click skills like thieving. Therefore, accidental use is not against the rules, since there is no "unfair advantage" for the player.

What you guys are doing, is basically screwing someone over for what could happend to anyone. If this is the way how you guys deal with this kind of thing, it would be wise to add this to the rules. For example:

• b. The accidental use of auto-clickers, auto-typers and AHK's wil be at your own risk and will still be seen as a rule broken. We are not held responsible for your accidental actions.

Every single rule doesn't need to be accompanied by a part xyz stating that accidental infractions will be treated the same as intentional infractions and therefore punished accordingly.

It's understood that you are ultimately responsible for every action taken on your account, and if that means being conscious of changing your macro keys every single time when you log onto Alora to prevent a punishment, that's what you'll need to do.

I appreciate the discussion, though.

#1 Ultimate Ironman Tbow Dropper

Posted Image

sycamore | Sassafras | y | ultSASSAFRAS

Rejoined as Global Moderator on 12/1/19

UIM KOTS Winner | Maxed HCUIM

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:47 PM #11

4vv
Legendary Donator

4vv

• Time spent:
      3d 23h 4m 43s

• Total level:

I'm not going to take the side that everyone else is because that is easy. I see where you're coming from while a lot of people on this thread do not. I too have a laptop with hotkeys built in, as it is a Msi gaming laptop, I also have the same mouse on my pc table as my main mouse, but I also use the Logitech G502 occasionally.

I think as-long as everything follows a one-to-one ratio, you should be alright. If it's allowed on Osrs, then it's allowed here I would presume. OSRS allows you to use built in hotkeys with the operating system without additional installation. A lot of people have no problem clicking the same button over and over again. But I understand where you're coming from because I have terrible carpal tunnel with my wrist. 

I think everyone in this thread is under the presumption that you're appealing the ban, but if they read carefully you stated in your first line that you understand that you were autoclicking and got banned for it. 

Botting is very different from auto clicking, take that as you will. Botting technically speaking requires injection or stealth mirroring. But more so on this case, RS does allow physical repetitive actions. Eg: If you have a special gaming mouse with it built in, A one to one action could be forgiven. I'm unsure of how they handle the situation nowadays on the exact day though. This was the written rule for a majority of OSRS's existence. 

But if we go back to the first line of the rules, it basically says that the rules can be changed whenever/applied however as the owners like. So basically even if there is a loophole in the rules, they have the right to change it and ban you for it.

Staff do sometimes have to make the action to punish those who accidentally do something because of the people who abuse the word accident. As King Purple said, it would be a mess. A messy shit show.

TLDR; I think the Razer mouse should be allowed because people do have problems with their wrist and it would be ridiculous to just ban someone outright. But this is.. a small scale private server after all. Not Jagex. 

TLDRTLDR: Use another mouse or appeal your ban with proof if you have such a disability. 

Just my two cents, this topic intrigued me. 

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:18 PM #12

Gp
Veteran

Gp
Clan: Callidus

• Time spent:
      56d 15h 10m 19s

• Previous username:
    UIM Gp

• Total level:
    Awards

If a botting client/script is not the same thing as an auto-clicker then i agree the rules should clearly represent that neither is tolerated despite whether the players gains an unfair advantage or not. Just a case of well-defined rules > staff discretion.

If a botting client/script is the same thing as an auto-clicker then your proposed rule B is already encompassed by rule A and therefore does not add any new information to the ;;rules page.

I don't know enough about botting-clients/scripts/auto-clickers to define them but during the time you were setting them up you could've pmed any staff member to get additional insight to what would happen if you accidentally used one. Just a case of common sense imo.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 16 May 2019 - 06:14 PM #13

Eim ash
Elite Ironman

Eim ash

• Time spent:
      31d 14h 55m 15s

• Total level:
    Awards

i would like to have your back but mate, who's gonna tell that you "Accidentally" did it with PROOF too?.. so its your fault probs..

Posted Image

Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:33 PM #14

Cashew Nuts
User

Cashew Nuts

• Time spent:
      12h 21m 31s

• Total level:

i would like to have your back but mate, who's gonna tell that you "Accidentally" did it with PROOF too?.. so its your fault probs..

It's easy to tell. If they can detect an auto clicker, they could just read the game log. You can look at the log of how much time is in between each click.

Let's say you're setting up an auto clicker with an interval (in MS) of 1000 (1000MS = 1S) for pickpocketing a man.

The log would probably look like this (very rough estimation):

Event: Click NPC: man (Time: 05:45:34) User: anyusername

Event: Click NPC: man (Time: 05:45:35) User: anyusername

Event: Click NPC: man (Time: 05:45:36) User: anyusername

Event: Click NPC: man (Time: 05:45:37) User: anyusername

Event: Click NPC: man (Time: 05:45:38) User: anyusername

Event: Click NPC: man (Time: 05:45:39) User: anyusername

Event: Click NPC: man (Time: 05:45:40) User: anyusername

Event: Click NPC: man (Time: 05:45:41) User: anyusername

If someone would do this for 1 or 2 minutes, the person is intentionally using the auto clicker for gaining XP.

Conclusion: No accident.

Then we have bot clients/scripts. They require time to setup. Any person who would claim to "accidently botted", is lying.

Ask this: "If you were "accidently botting", why did you put effort into setting up a bot client/script?" putting effort into something always comes with a goal in mind.

That goal is "botting" the gain free AFK XP.

Conclusion: No accident.

Now we have players with a game keyboard, an auto click macro bound to his macro key. The auto clicker is set to 100MS. This person would accidently click his macro button and in the log would this been seen:

The person presses immediately the macro button againt the stop the auto clicking. Then the button isn't pressed anymore. This would clarify as an "accident".

Conclusion: Accident.

Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:34 PM #15

Chuckoramma1
Veteran

Chuckoramma1
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      46d 20h 20m 39s

• Total level:
    Awards

Cant do the time dont do the crime buddy back of the cell with the other guys 

Spoiler

Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:36 AM #16

3rdAttempt
Super Donator

3rdAttempt

• Time spent:
      3d 16h 15m 4s

• Total level:
    Awards

The thing is, and this is my personal opinion, a temp/perma ban really only happens if you're caught in the act.

For example; if there was an auto-clicker being used at the thieve stalls, and an Admin does a teleport on you to send you to them, and you just start walking all over the place or in a straight line and not responding to them, that would result in a ban.

Also, in my opinion, one can't "accidentally" auto click on Alora, then not be on stand-by when hey get "caught".

If, as per your example, you split screen while using an auto-clicker on another game while playing Alora, and your mouse somehow goes to the Alora client while the auto-clicker is still going as you step away from the desk, or whichever the case may be, then the situation can get nasty if it catches the attention of a mod, admin, or even another player. With things like those, you have to take care of what happens. In my, once again, personal opinion, I find a situation like that is easily manageable for that not to happen. Others may disagree with me, but I digress.

If you want to avoid the possibility of it happening all together, I suggest not split screening a game that you use an auto clicker with.

I hope this doesn't sound bias; I'm just trying to give insightful information.

bUDYrXQ.gif Artwork done by Blue Jay.

dYLYUHL.png

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:30 AM #17

Vape Tricks
Ex-Staff

Vape Tricks

• Time spent:
      43d 34m 30s

• Total level:
    Awards

No one is sitting there staring at the logs watching for that. They are checked if there is suspicious behavior. Having the auto clicker on for 1 second is not going to warrant any of that behavior. But if it were to continue on purpose then yes, appropriate action needs to be taken.

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support on March 27th, 2019

Demoted from Sever Support on April 15th, 2019

Promoted to Server Support on May 19th, 2019

Promoted to Server Moderator on June 15th, 2019

Promoted to Forum Moderator on December 21st, 2019

Demoted to Server Moderator on March 8th, 2020

Vape Tricks - Maxed GIM

0ptimuscope - Maxed Normie

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guides

Horror from the Deep

Farming Guild Contracts

Farm Runs

Alll-in-One Ironman

Support Tools

Two-Factor Authentication

Client Issues

Staff List

Appeals

Rules

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:55 AM #18

Cashew Nuts
User

Cashew Nuts

• Time spent:
      12h 21m 31s

• Total level:

No one is sitting there staring at the logs watching for that. They are checked if there is suspicious behavior. Having the auto clicker on for 1 second is not going to warrant any of that behavior. But if it were to continue on purpose then yes, appropriate action needs to be taken.

Standing in one spot leads to suspicion and reading the log of that one person can give you the answer. You wouldn't look at a log if you wouldn't find something suspicious.

Using auto clicker for 1 sec wouldn't trigger suspicion, as you said.

Longer periods of time, yes.

P.S. As I said earlier, my first post of this topic is just an example and was not the reason I was banned. I did auto click intentional, but that has nothing to do with this topic.

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:27 AM #19

Vape Tricks
Ex-Staff

Vape Tricks

• Time spent:
      43d 34m 30s

• Total level:
    Awards

Standing in one spot leads to suspicion and reading the log of that one person can give you the answer. You wouldn't look at a log if you wouldn't find something suspicious.

Using auto clicker for 1 sec wouldn't trigger suspicion, as you said.

Longer periods of time, yes.

P.S. As I said earlier, my first post of this topic is just an example and was not the reason I was banned. I did auto click intentional, but that has nothing to do with this topic.

I recognize that it is a hypothetical situation. I was just saying that the game does not have an automatic alert system if an auto clicker is used, that it automatically bans you. It must be investigated by a staff member first. So to answer your question, having it on because of an accident for a few seconds is not going to warrant a ban. 

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support on March 27th, 2019

Demoted from Sever Support on April 15th, 2019

Promoted to Server Support on May 19th, 2019

Promoted to Server Moderator on June 15th, 2019

Promoted to Forum Moderator on December 21st, 2019

Demoted to Server Moderator on March 8th, 2020

Vape Tricks - Maxed GIM

0ptimuscope - Maxed Normie

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guides

Horror from the Deep

Farming Guild Contracts

Farm Runs

Alll-in-One Ironman

Support Tools

Two-Factor Authentication

Client Issues

Staff List

Appeals

Rules

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:21 PM #20

APR
Legendary Donator

APR

• Time spent:
      5d 15h 36m 42s

• Total level:
    Awards

The logs probably record the location of your mouse on click.

If logs are showing that you keep doing the same 10 clicks in a row at the exact same location then you are probably using a third party tool.

In the end don't use an auto clicker and play the game how it was suppose to be played.

Simple!

OawhrzX.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 113 user(s)