GIM PvM Cup
In light of the upcoming PvM event and the interest that the community has shown in a more diverse set of events, we would like to pitch to you the GIM PvM Cup.
The set-up is fairly straight forward, competitors will need to create new Group Ironman accounts and form teams of up to 5. The teams will get two weeks to train their accounts and earn gear, items, and supplies in order to take on the PvM Cup waves. The team to complete the most amount of waves will be crowned the champions and similar to previous PvM Cups 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will be rewarded with prizes, a unique forum award and their name on the Tournament Cup in Edgeville. (These prizes being cash, OSRS GP, Bonds, Tokens, etc.)
However, there will be a twist similar to the recent HCIM Tournament.
- Participating accounts will not be able to use Bonds/transfer ranks, use boosters of any sort or use GIM removal tickets to change teams or replace members.
- Vote books will be allowed.
- If necessary, an average of the Slayer level of the team members registered to compete in the Cup will be taken. This is so that monsters such as the Hydra will not be included in waves if a majority of the participants are not able to slay the creature.
These are some of our ideas for the tournament structure to get the most participation, level the playing field and provide a fun, entertaining event.
Outside of these changes, the rules would be similar to that of previous PvM Cups. Such as:
- A Saradomin Brew cap
- Purple Sweets will not be allowed
- You must remain in your team's designated area during the PvM Cup waves
- No items with metamorphosis or damage stalling animations will be allowed
- You must compete with the team members you registered with
- Solo players will not be allowed
These are just to name a few, the rest can be found on the previous PvM Cup thread below. These rules are of course subject to change and will be announced in the official event thread if it passes.
Please take the time to vote on the poll if or if not this is something you'd like to see come to Alora. Additionally, if you have any feedback or ideas of your own feel free to share them below so we can take them into consideration if this event is something the community would like to see. We look forward to hearing your thoughts!
Alora Administration Team