9 replies to this topic

Posted 29 October 2019 - 02:24 PM #1

W13
User

W13

• Time spent:
      8d 23h 16m 20s

• Total level:

Basically just what the title says. As the silver sickle is a requirement for some clues, having the only way to acquire it be from the vote shop seems inadequate. Specifically, it takes a long time for Ironmen who don't have mains to buy votes and give them to their Ironmen to accrue enough vote points to afford a requirement for clues.

(Note - something taking a long time isn't inherently a bad thing, but you can't "grind" vote points, as you're required to wait to vote. All you can do is vote, save and wait, which I personally don't think is reasonable.)

So there are two possible solutions as I see it (please lmk if you think there'd be a better solution):

1. Add the silver sickle to additional shops, like slayer, loyalty, or achievement shops.

or 

2. Lower the price of the Sickle in the vote shop. I understand that the Sickle, being a requirement for clues, strictly being available in the vote shop is an incentive to vote. That being said, lowering the price of the sickle down from 300 points could keep that incentive, while making it more reasonable to obtain.

Please let me know if you have any other solutions, or if you don't think this changed should be made and why.

Edit - Before replying  "no support, shouldn't take away incentive to voting" please go look at my response to  Real Try .

WLpwYjI.gif

Posted 29 October 2019 - 04:18 PM #2

Existor
Group Ironman

Existor

• Time spent:
      3d 5h 23m 19s

• Total level:

SUPPORT #SALL

dysnasty-signature-final.gif?width=829&h

Posted 29 October 2019 - 04:35 PM #3

No CBs
Realism

No CBs

• Time spent:
      23d 2h 29m 11s

• Previous username:
    Real Try

• Total level:
    Awards
I can see where you are coming from but personally I would say No Support only because this is a good way to get players to vote for Alora. Voting for Alora is a big thing as it allows us to stay up in the top spots and I personally believe they done a great job implementing some things with Vote Points to get more players voting.

Sorry but No Support.

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support on 8th December 2019.

Promoted to Server Moderator on 21st December 2019.

Resigned from Server Moderator on 2nd March 2020.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Support | Bug Report | Player Report | Appeals

Updates | Knowledge Base | Suggestions

Community Awards;

Spoiler

Posted 29 October 2019 - 04:57 PM #4

Trii
Elite Ironman

Trii

• Time spent:
      19d 9h 27m 43s

• Total level:
    Awards

I don't need you to force me to vote by locking away an important item. I get locking away QOL items but an item that is necessary to my gameplay, no thanks please add it to a grindable shop or lower it to a reasonable price. locking herb sack? not a problem i can still pick up herbs on my own but it's just a quality of life item. get my point? 

Fully support. 

Black Golem is my favorite pet.

'Love the night & it's stars, The moon is my witness.'

Hardcore_ironman_chat_badge.png?a1753  Grd

Ultimate_ironman_chat_badge.png?5bb1b SnK

Posted 29 October 2019 - 05:31 PM #5

W13
User

W13

• Time spent:
      8d 23h 16m 20s

• Total level:

I can see where you are coming from but personally I would say No Support only because this is a good way to get players to vote for Alora. Voting for Alora is a big thing as it allows us to stay up in the top spots and I personally believe they done a great job implementing some things with Vote Points to get more players voting.

Sorry but No Support.

I expected this kind of response, but I should have explained a little better in my original post. As  Trii basically stated, people don't need essential items to be locked away to be to incentivized vote. People vote for the bonuses, and for the cash. Do you really think a major reason people vote is because you have to do it to unlock the sickle? (genuine question, not trying to be argumentative) And if so, would you expect people to stop voting after unlocking the sickle, given that the incentive of unlocking it is gone?(again, genuine question) Because I definitely wouldn't.

Essentially, do you really think that adding the sickle to other shops or lowering the price in the vote shop would actually have a noticeable effect on the rate at which people vote?

WLpwYjI.gif

Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:21 PM #6

No CBs
Realism

No CBs

• Time spent:
      23d 2h 29m 11s

• Previous username:
    Real Try

• Total level:
    Awards

I expected this kind of response, but I should have explained a little better in my original post. As  Trii basically stated, people don't need essential items to be locked away to be to incentivized vote. People vote for the bonuses, and for the cash. Do you really think a major reason people vote is because you have to do it to unlock the sickle? (genuine question, not trying to be argumentative) And if so, would you expect people to stop voting after unlocking the sickle, given that the incentive of unlocking it is gone?(again, genuine question) Because I definitely wouldn't.

Essentially, do you really think that adding the sickle to other shops or lowering the price in the vote shop would actually have a noticeable effect on the rate at which people vote?

I suppose there is both pros and cons to this. Fair enough it may not have a huge affect on Voting if the item was reduced or even removed and added into another shop. I suppose it’s an incentive. But looking more into it I suppose there would be no harm to add it into another shop as Trii said it is now technically an essential item.

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support on 8th December 2019.

Promoted to Server Moderator on 21st December 2019.

Resigned from Server Moderator on 2nd March 2020.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Support | Bug Report | Player Report | Appeals

Updates | Knowledge Base | Suggestions

Community Awards;

Spoiler

Posted 30 October 2019 - 04:46 AM #7

Clue Only HC
Ironman

Clue Only HC

• Time spent:
      2d 23m 20s

• Total level:

Or be able to make them??

Posted 30 October 2019 - 09:46 AM #8

W13
User

W13

• Time spent:
      8d 23h 16m 20s

• Total level:

@ Clue Only HC I don't know, I think that given that the Silver Sickle (B) is extremely useful, it makes sense for it to take a little effort to get (more effort than 18 crafting imo). I just don't think that having it be in the vote shop is the right way to have people unlock it.

WLpwYjI.gif

Posted 31 October 2019 - 12:27 AM #9

PICKIN FLAX
Donator

PICKIN FLAX
Clan: #Dynasty

• Time spent:
      26d 31m 38s

• Previous username:
    F

• Total level:
    Awards

I don't see why lowering the cost of the sickle from 300 to 200 is going to drastically sway the amount of vote output, so I support this. Prior to the clue update, it's only use was for Mort Myre Fungus, and if you're even slightly end game, this thing does absolutely nothing for you. But now that it's mandatory for clues, I'd like to see it's cost slightly reduced.

Appeals | Support | Official Rules | Two-Factor AuthenticationEadmKo4.gif

dysnasty-signature-final.gif?width=969&h

[/spoiler]

Don't Click Here.

Spoiler

Posted 01 November 2019 - 12:20 PM #10

Omicron

Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      419d 14h 57m 2s

• Total level:
    Awards

The idea of the vote shop is to keep people voting regularly, and to motivate players to do so we need to provide many items that are useful and are not terribly easy/quick to obtain.

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 77 user(s)