Photo

Potential to poll more changes before updates?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Posted 12 January 2020 - 11:19 AM #1

EIM GRND
Elite Ironman

EIM GRND

• Time spent:
      5d 19h 51m 16s

• Total level:

How would people feel about being involved more with updates through polls before they are worked on?

I just want to start by saying I love the majority of updates that come out, and I am thankful for them, but the way some things are done just don't seem reasonable to me.

Lets take the most recent update with achievement diaries as an example. Big fan of them being implemented, not a fan of how some of the old rewards are now achieved. If you look at Shayzien armour which unlocks potential to grind for a dragon warhammer, it is now currently locked behind 400 daily task points for the full set. I feel this is a bit steep considering how many people may already have it and its restricting it from others. The task shop also has other items that are beneficial such as the Arclight, Tome of Fire, Cooking Gauntlets, Seed Box, Coal Bag, Crystal Keys... these all already have high prices as well and the current situation seems like it wont be achievable.

Another example of a change that makes no sense to me is the Silver Sickle (B) needed for clues. If you don't have votes stacked up you are essentially stopped from doing clues. It may be fine for normies but accounts that have 12 hour restriction, with the vote bonus, need 12 vote books to be able to do clues. That is 5 days of only vote points saved just to access clues. I feel we should have more of a say when it comes to things like this.

I'm sure there is other things people don't like but Omi may be able to get a feel for what we want by polling updates. This was just my opinion, would love to hear others opinions on these.

Posted 12 January 2020 - 11:57 AM #2

Vape Tricks
Ex-Staff

Vape Tricks
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      43d 34m 30s

• Total level:
    Awards

The issue behind all of this is that you're never going to be able to please everybody. There is always going to be backlash about content or whatever the poll may be. Obviously many people agree with you on the daily task thing, but the amount of vote points is a way to force voting on the server. So I'm not really sure where I stand with this, but you bring up very good points!

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support on March 27th, 2019

Demoted from Sever Support on April 15th, 2019

Promoted to Server Support on May 19th, 2019

Promoted to Server Moderator on June 15th, 2019

Promoted to Forum Moderator on December 21st, 2019

Demoted to Server Moderator on March 8th, 2020

Vape Tricks - Maxed GIM

0ptimuscope - Maxed Normie

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guides

Horror from the Deep

Farming Guild Contracts

Farm Runs

Alll-in-One Ironman

Support Tools

Two-Factor Authentication

Client Issues

Staff List

Appeals

Rules

Posted 12 January 2020 - 01:19 PM #3

Open Casket
Veteran

Open Casket

• Time spent:
      36d 17h 53m 43s

• Total level:
    Awards
I feel that the old achievement shop was far too easy to gain these items, you could literally auto complete achievements on an Ironman and have your Shayzien set already, I feel like adding them do daily task shop instead makes these things more of an initial grind to get in them selves rather than being able to gain these things right off the bat as they were. Updates great. :) A poll might work but then I aswell as others probably like the surprise of what's coming next, it's all already been suggested by us the players as long as they're implemented and we've been listened too, who cares when we get one thing over another?
Posted Image

Posted 13 January 2020 - 02:48 AM #4

PICKIN FLAX
Donator

PICKIN FLAX
Clan: #Dynasty

• Time spent:
      26d 31m 38s

• Previous username:
    F

• Total level:
    Awards

I think you kinda went off track a little bit here, but I do agree and understand where you're coming from. What I think your initial point was, was to maybe be able to poll future potential updates, like how they do on OSRS with the actual vote booth. If that is your point, I do think it would be neat to be able to add another option to the Vote Booths around Alora with actual vote polls on future potential updates/fixes. As far as what has already been done with the achievement diary/daily shop rework, I believe it was a positive change for the better and future Alorians.

Appeals | Support | Official Rules | Two-Factor AuthenticationEadmKo4.gif

dysnasty-signature-final.gif?width=969&h

[/spoiler]

Don't Click Here.

Spoiler

Posted 25 January 2020 - 09:00 AM #5

Phossiphus
Realism

Phossiphus

• Time spent:
      1d 14h 44m 44s

• Total level:

The achievement update was really needed, the new one is far superior, harder and more fun as the older version.

As for polling for updates, I think it can only work if say Omnicron gives us 3 choices where we vote what we think has a higher priority and he can work on it (meaning he still works on something he likes but moves the priority to what players think needs to be added or changes based of what he is asking us).

105Njvz.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 56 user(s)