Veteran

Otto

• Time spent:
      27d 8h 23m 18s

• Previous username:
    PlankmanOtto

• Total level:
    Awards
A & TenFour I recently defended myself on a thread similar to how you two have and it was deemed as to be not dealing with criticism very well. But I'm going to throw a guess out here and say because it's me that has made this post and that you're making your comments against me that you've handled this criticism perfectly! The double standards here are borderline ridiculous.

Speak to anyone that actually knows me, I'd say start with Kharyrll or Adex and they will both confirm that there's no malice in my post. I'm not bitter or anything of the sort like the perception of me seemingly is. I say things as they are and leave it at that.

A "all I see if baseless negative feedback towards staff who did not agree with your application" - heck, if that was true there would be no positive feedback?

You may well not be a mathematician but have you ever had an exam where certain questions are worth extra marks that others? Yes, that's how an even amount of positive/negative points reached that score. At which point did I say sTaFf CaN't PlAy ThE GaMe? I didnt. I simply said what I see which is that his focuses seem elsewhere. God forbid should someone comment on how they see things.

As for liking the fact my application was declined. You dont view that as being unprofessional? Back when I was staff I would tell people not to like that or appeals being declined as it's actually terrible form in my opinion. I know since I've left the team others have voiced their opinion on the same subject but of course, because it's me saying it, it's deemed as holding a vendetta.

Oh thanks for pointing out I'm no longer Admin. I actually wasn't aware! I can voice my opinion on whether I think someone should or shouldn't be on the team if I wish. At the end of the day, I dont make the decisions nor influence them. I've simply said what I see. I have no ill feelings towards to gain, we arent exactly friends but we talk now and then. There was no malicious intent there whatsoever. But once again, because it's me posting and my emotions quite clearly get the better of me let's all pile onto Otto!

There are no personal attacks whatsoever in my post. I've simply said how I see things, as have you and everyone else who has replied. If mine are deemed as personal attacks then surely I'm being attacked here by every single reply?

The double standards between how my posts are received and how others are, are absolutely ridiculous. I bet not one of the replies to my post will be deemed by others as letting your emotions rule a response. Yet I'm assuming all of mine will be?

Have a nice day.

December 13 2016 -Server Support
January 16 2017 -Server Moderator
February 7 2017 -Global Moderator
March 15 2017 -Administrator

Posted Image

Posted 16 March 2020 - 02:39 AM #22

S
Immortal Donator

S
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      53d 11h 31m 13s

• Previous username:
    Seabound

• Total level:
    Awards

All these staff attacking you for commenting your thoughts on them lol. 

Theres a reason for having Feedback, if you dont have thick enough skin to take criticism, dont read the feedback and go somewhere else. Simple.

Honestly these people commenting in this thread are acting like children even though they are supposed to be the big tough people that players look up to.

YOU ARE STAFF. ACT LIKE IT.

IPJQfIp.gif

475LmfH.pngdysnasty-signature-final.gif?width=960&h

Spoiler

Posted 16 March 2020 - 02:51 AM #23

Ultistic
Veteran

Ultistic
Clan: IDFWY

• Time spent:
      205d 18h 13m 37s

• Previous username:
    Lowkey

• Total level:
    Awards
Thanks for the feedback on everyone brother. Haven't seen one of these in a bit and it's nice to see others opinions on the staff team, especially from people that actually play the game. Positive or negative opinions are always welcomed 8)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 16 March 2020 - 03:12 AM #24

Immortal Fox
Veteran

Immortal Fox
Clan: #Cheeselog

• Time spent:
      133d 21h 33m 39s

• Total level:
    Awards

I thought when there was the initial outburst of Admins leaving you stood up really well and proved your worth as an Admin. 

Understandable given the Administration team was entirely new to the role, apart from brother Alex (Groot) who volunteered despite his busy schedule to teach the boys the ins and outs of being a Simpson. Kaamea is strong behind the scenes so he adjusted a lot faster to the role hence why he stood out.

Since they've returned to the team I haven't seen as much from you. Main priority is seemingly to gain exp these days.

Not surprising. More Administrators means the work load is more evenly spread, it's that simple. Not only that, but returning Administrators would be a lot more motivated to put in work to show why they deserve their designated role (this is common among returning Staff).

The 3/10 rating was quite ludicrous, clearly driven by biased hatred over a petty matter. There's really only 2 criteria's a player can use to rate an Administrator, the first being activity in-game, and the second being community interaction. Kaamea clearly meets the activity part, so that's 5/10 off the bat. You could rate his community interaction poorly and give him a 1 which brings us to 5 + 1 which equals 6/10 (pardon the complicated maffematicas). The rest you can't see of course but as you may have gathered there are different approaches to being staff. Some Staff members are community driven and excel at that, but Staff responsibility wise they simply meet the standard. And then there are those who focus on Staff responsibilities primarily and excel at that but lack community interaction, they can be perceived as inactive but in actuality they're putting in hours of work to find wrong doers and bring justice upon them  :PepeDetective:. Kaamea falls into the latter.

Similar to Kaamea, I understand a lot of work goes in behind the scenes but other than that I see nothing from you ingame. Yeah you play your GIM and live in ICE CC but as a staff member I don't see what you offer. Obviously you've reached Admin for a reason but currently I can't really see why. 4/10.

Same story... There's only 2 criteria you can realistically judge an Administrator on as a regular ass player. Event Managers are the ones we look at to be entirely engaged with the community. Plain Administrators are more than likely to be behind the scenes type folk, handling reports/appeals/Tickets while also dealing with in-game PM's.

But what more can you expect other than being active in-game and on the forum. If they're online, that means they're available to help, what more could a player ask for.

Probably the most professional staff member I've ever seen here. You always conduct yourself to a very high standard which considering some of the players you deal with at times, isn't always easy. Highly respected member of the community, when you speak, people tend to listen and come on board. 9/10.

Anything under 10/10 is too low... Count yourself lucky he wasn't around when you pickpocketed 1 billion gold pieces.

Also, I quite enjoyed reading your Staff feedback topic. I also agree with your point about Server Supports being required to assist in the Alora CC more often, it'd look great for the server if they all participated more.

Posted Image

Posted 16 March 2020 - 03:19 AM #25

Detharrow26
Immortal Donator

Detharrow26
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      117d 11h 3m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

Always nice to see posts like this, even though I don't personally agree with all the ratings. I don't really care about the timing of it, I feel like most staff members are using that point as a way to defend themselves from negative criticism which is a bit childish in my opinion. Should just take the feedback and maybe try and improve instead.

T.O.B. Lootations:

Spoiler

Road to ALL Pets - Click Here

Posted 16 March 2020 - 03:21 AM #26

Otto
Veteran

Otto

• Time spent:
      27d 8h 23m 18s

• Previous username:
    PlankmanOtto

• Total level:
    Awards

Understandable given the Administration team was entirely new to the role, apart from brother Alex (Groot) who volunteered despite his busy schedule to teach the boys the ins and outs of being a Simpson. Kaamea is strong behind the scenes so he adjusted a lot faster to the role hence why he stood out.

Not surprising. More Administrators means the work load is more evenly spread, it's that simple. Not only that, but returning Administrators would be a lot more motivated to put in work to show why they deserve their designated role (this is common among returning Staff).

The 3/10 rating was quite ludicrous, clearly driven by biased hatred over a petty matter. There's really only 2 criteria's a player can use to rate an Administrator, the first being activity in-game, and the second being community interaction. Kaamea clearly meets the activity part, so that's 5/10 off the bat. You could rate his community interaction poorly and give him a 1 which brings us to 5 + 1 which equals 6/10 (pardon the complicated maffematicas). The rest you can't see of course but as you may have gathered there are different approaches to being staff. Some Staff members are community driven and excel at that, but Staff responsibility wise they simply meet the standard. And then there are those who focus on Staff responsibilities primarily and excel at that but lack community interaction, they can be perceived as inactive but in actuality they're putting in hours of work to find wrong doers and bring justice upon them  :PepeDetective:. Kaamea falls into the latter.

Same story... There's only 2 criteria you can realistically judge an Administrator on as a regular ass player. Event Managers are the ones we look at to be entirely engaged with the community. Plain Administrators are more than likely to be behind the scenes type folk, handling reports/appeals/Tickets while also dealing with in-game PM's.
But what more can you expect other than being active in-game and on the forum. If they're online, that means they're available to help, what more could a player ask for.

Anything under 10/10 is too low... Count yourself lucky he wasn't around when you pickpocketed 1 billion gold pieces.

Also, I quite enjoyed reading your Staff feedback topic. I also agree with your point about Server Supports being required to assist in the Alora CC more often, it'd look great for the server if they all participated more.

I guess any other Admin that has pickpocketed any gold can count themselves lucky too then. Because believe me, the vast majority have. I've just been made to be the scapegoat over the years.

Current staff members have done this but I guess that's none of my business is it?!

Posted Image

Posted 16 March 2020 - 04:41 AM #27

H I H
Immortal Donator

H I H

• Time spent:
      2d 4h 15m 33s

• Previous username:
    Eim HiH

• Total level:

Otto,

You can sit here and say nothing is personal but you saying to @Kaamea that liking the fact you were declined was unprofessional is ridiculous. Staff members are entitlted to their own opinions on players and can support someones staff application or not support as they see please. It seems you couldn't handle being declined. (Maybe that brought the "best" out of you .)

Secondly, I know one of these staff members has personal issues ongoing as to why they haven't been playing recently, so maybe instead of laying down the hammer of saying they never play ect. you should understand people have personal issues to tend to once in a while other than supervising a community onine.

Lastly, I don't get how you can say @NOT TROTZ is not doing a decent job at a server support. Yes, he could always improve, but whenever I see him online he's helping out throughout the community, and even when he streams, hes constantly answering players concerns via stream and even still doing it in-game. Seems you've probably not tuned into his stream ever. 

There's a bunch of other things wrong with this post, but I won't waste my breathe telling you how much of a sour puss you sound like. Thanks for the interesting read, I now witnessed something bigger than I dropped in the toilet last night.

EDIT: I also noticed you rated a moderator a higher rating because you remember how they 'use' to be compared to someone new thats still learning the ropes. 

Posted Image

I'M LOVED GET OVER IT

Posted Image

Posted 16 March 2020 - 05:19 AM #28

Otto
Veteran

Otto

• Time spent:
      27d 8h 23m 18s

• Previous username:
    PlankmanOtto

• Total level:
    Awards

Otto,

You can sit here and say nothing is personal but you saying to @Kaamea that liking the fact you were declined was unprofessional is ridiculous. Staff members are entitlted to their own opinions on players and can support someones staff application or not support as they see please. It seems you couldn't handle being declined. (Maybe that brought the "best" out of you .)

Secondly, I know one of these staff members has personal issues ongoing as to why they haven't been playing recently, so maybe instead of laying down the hammer of saying they never play ect. you should understand people have personal issues to tend to once in a while other than supervising a community onine.

Lastly, I don't get how you can say @NOT TROTZ is not doing a decent job at a server support. Yes, he could always improve, but whenever I see him online he's helping out throughout the community, and even when he streams, hes constantly answering players concerns via stream and even still doing it in-game. Seems you've probably not tuned into his stream ever. 

There's a bunch of other things wrong with this post, but I won't waste my breathe telling you how much of a sour puss you sound like. Thanks for the interesting read, I now witnessed something bigger than I dropped in the toilet last night.

EDIT: I also noticed you rated a moderator a higher rating because you remember how they 'use' to be compared to someone new thats still learning the ropes.

Hey man, great post.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a post.

Feel free to leave a feedback thread of your own letting us know how great Trotz is. I've commented on what I've seen, if you can't allow someone else to have an opinion that says more about you really.

Have a nice day.

Posted Image

Posted 16 March 2020 - 07:12 AM #29

Code 002
Veteran

Code 002
Clan: Alora

• Time spent:
      121d 3h 4m 40s

• Total level:
    Awards
@Otto I thank you for your feedback towards me. I can not deny my ingame play time is nothing less than subpar, but I do try to make up for this with discord activity and the "BTS" aspect. As in my previous resignation post I have received a substantial promotion at my irl job. This takes quite alot of energy from me throughout the weeks. So I cant really say I can work on my playtime more without jeopardizing what I've worked so hard for these past 6 years. Kind of a reason I don't think I would accept my older position as gastly as many would think.

It's nice to see a feedback thread that isn't total ass kissing or total tinfoilers anonymous going on. But I can agree with a few view points you have, but I also disagree with a few of your views points.
But this is what gives people individuality and I thrive off of this.

I'd like to thank you for taking the time and making this a well written post. Though I do believe naivety or ignorance plays a substantial role in these opinions.

But I fuck with the courage to say what you feel. Not many people would have been able to do so. I'll commend you on this

Thank you, have a great day

Alex

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 16 March 2020 - 09:29 AM #30

Vape Tricks
Ex-Staff

Vape Tricks
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      43d 34m 30s

• Total level:
    Awards

@Otto

I am not going to come to your thread and absolutely put you on blast. I was not here when you were a staff member so those things hold little weight with me. If you fucked up you fucked up, everyone does and thats that. I do not just put my head out into a topic if I do not feel sufficient enough to respond with a well educated answer. In terms of your staff app, this is the reason I did not reply on it; I did not feel sufficiently equipped with the knowledge to either support nor deny your application. But the point of this thread is not about you, its about us. 

First off, like Code 002 said, I HEAVILY respect the fact that you can come on here and put your complete opinions out there, whether people like it or not. I for one, have some thick skin and there is not much anyone can say that will actually bother me. In fact, some of your opinions were very comical and I got a good chuckle out of them. But this is just my personality and I do this a lot. Some of your opinions were absolutely asinine and uneducated, but hey, it'd your opinion and I'd stand up for your right to say them (the American way  ^_^ ). 

Secondly, concerning myself I think you are probably pretty close on your application on the opinion part. Yeah you told me its maybe time to resign, but thats whatever, your thoughts so go for it. But concerning the actual feedback portion, I agree with it mostly. The reason I wont attack you is because you don't actually know my real life situation, and I know that. Like you said, you're commenting on what you see in game. But I would like to take this time to educate you a little more in hopes that maybe your mind is changed about me, even just slightly.

I am a senior in college and when this second semester really got going, I took a step back to realize my social life with the best friends of my life, needed some attention because at the end of the day, Alora is just a game and I had been ignoring them and not going to do different things with them because I was playing Alora. I needed to change this because I realized I had ~3.5 months left of college and I would regret not doing it. Fast forward a month, and now amongst this COVID-19 (overhyped) ​crisis, I awoke to an email on Friday morning stating I had to be out of college in 9 days with a small chance to return for graduation at the end of May. Its very emotional to have your college experience be cut short by 2.5 months and you would do anything to change it. Lastly, when I do play, it is usually time for you to be getting up for whatever you may be doing that your heart desires. So I would say that the timezone difference doesn't help. 

If you read this whole thing, I would be surprised because if I was you I wouldn't. Either way, I hope this opens some insight and response to your feedback thread. Just remember one thing, "opinions are like assholes; everyones got them and they all stink"

Best, 

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support on March 27th, 2019

Demoted from Sever Support on April 15th, 2019

Promoted to Server Support on May 19th, 2019

Promoted to Server Moderator on June 15th, 2019

Promoted to Forum Moderator on December 21st, 2019

Demoted to Server Moderator on March 8th, 2020

Vape Tricks - Maxed GIM

0ptimuscope - Maxed Normie

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guides

Horror from the Deep

Farming Guild Contracts

Farm Runs

Alll-in-One Ironman

Support Tools

Two-Factor Authentication

Client Issues

Staff List

Appeals

Rules

Posted 17 March 2020 - 05:41 AM #31

Moe
Community Manager

Moe
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      246d 8h 7m 40s

• Previous username:
    IM Moe

• Total level:
    Awards

Thank you for the feedback @Otto. <3

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 18 March 2020 - 03:14 AM #32

skt faker
User

skt faker

• Time spent:
      48d 8h 21m 28s

• Previous username:
    ThotGreegree

• Total level:
    Awards

Love your work @Otto, this was actually such a fun read

Posted 18 March 2020 - 09:50 AM #33

Bad Behavior
Legendary Donator

Bad Behavior

• Time spent:
      17d 23h 56m 56s

• Total level:
    Awards
All y’all grilling him and saying this is a revenge post (which I have no input on), are letting that thought get to far in your head.

As far as I’m concerned every constructive criticism review he gave resulting in a rating under 5/10 is 100% accurate

@Otto,

I am not going to come to your thread and absolutely put you on blast. I was not here when you were a staff member so those things hold little weight with me. If you fucked up you fucked up, everyone does and thats that. I do not just put my head out into a topic if I do not feel sufficient enough to respond with a well educated answer. In terms of your staff app, this is the reason I did not reply on it; I did not feel sufficiently equipped with the knowledge to either support nor deny your application. But the point of this thread is not about you, its about us.

First off, like Code 002 said, I HEAVILY respect the fact that you can come on here and put your complete opinions out there, whether people like it or not. I for one, have some thick skin and there is not much anyone can say that will actually bother me. In fact, some of your opinions were very comical and I got a good chuckle out of them. But this is just my personality and I do this a lot. Some of your opinions were absolutely asinine and uneducated, but hey, it'd your opinion and I'd stand up for your right to say them (the American way ^_^ ).

Secondly, concerning myself I think you are probably pretty close on your application on the opinion part. Yeah you told me its maybe time to resign, but thats whatever, your thoughts so go for it. But concerning the actual feedback portion, I agree with it mostly. The reason I wont attack you is because you don't actually know my real life situation, and I know that. Like you said, you're commenting on what you see in game. But I would like to take this time to educate you a little more in hopes that maybe your mind is changed about me, even just slightly.

I am a senior in college and when this second semester really got going, I took a step back to realize my social life with the best friends of my life, needed some attention because at the end of the day, Alora is just a game and I had been ignoring them and not going to do different things with them because I was playing Alora. I needed to change this because I realized I had ~3.5 months left of college and I would regret not doing it. Fast forward a month, and now amongst this COVID-19 (overhyped) ​crisis, I awoke to an email on Friday morning stating I had to be out of college in 9 days with a small chance to return for graduation at the end of May. Its very emotional to have your college experience be cut short by 2.5 months and you would do anything to change it. Lastly, when I do play, it is usually time for you to be getting up for whatever you may be doing that your heart desires. So I would say that the timezone difference doesn't help.

If you read this whole thing, I would be surprised because if I was you I wouldn't. Either way, I hope this opens some insight and response to your feedback thread. Just remember one thing, "opinions are like assholes; everyones got them and they all stink"

Best,

I just wanted to comment on the “resign” portion of this comment. I’m not saying you should, but in my opinion in the future if any staff member knows they are or is planning to take a leave of absence they should temporarily resign. I’ve seen some staff members take this sort of plan of action and thinking ahead for the better of the server. But I think more staff members could take something away from this.
It’s nothing personal, but as a staff member it is your job to be active in the community.

(This is not a personal attack on anyone just putting it out there)

@Otto,

First off, like Code 002 said, I HEAVILY respect the fact that you can come on here and put your complete opinions out there, whether people like it or not. I for one, have some thick skin and there is not much anyone can say that will actually bother me. In fact, some of your opinions were very comical and I got a good chuckle out of them. But this is just my personality and I do this a lot. Some of your opinions were absolutely asinine and uneducated, but hey, it'd your opinion and I'd stand up for your right to say them (the American way ^_^ ).

I am a senior in college and when this second semester really got going, I took a step back to realize my social life with the best friends of my life, needed some attention because at the end of the day, Alora is just a game and I had been ignoring them and not going to do different things with them because I was playing Alora. I needed to change this because I realized I had ~3.5 months left of college and I would regret not doing it. Fast forward a month, and now amongst this COVID-19 (overhyped) ​crisis, I awoke to an email on Friday morning stating I had to be out of college in 9 days with a small chance to return for graduation at the end of May. Its very emotional to have your college experience be cut short by 2.5 months and you would do anything to change it. Lastly, when I do play, it is usually time for you to be getting up for whatever you may be doing that your heart desires. So I would say that the timezone difference doesn't help.

Best,

I just wanted to comment on the “resign” portion of this comment. I’m not saying you should, but in my opinion in the future if any staff member knows they are or is planning to take a leave of absence they should temporarily resign. I’ve seen some staff members take this sort of plan of action and thinking ahead for the better of the server. But I think more staff members could take something away from this.
It’s nothing personal, but as a staff member it is your job to be active in the community.

(This is not a personal attack on anyone just putting it out there)

7e2BlNv.gif

Posted 01 April 2020 - 05:13 PM #34

Gloat
Group Ironman

Gloat

• Time spent:
      3d 15h 39m 21s

• Previous username:
    Taj

• Total level:

Stumbled upon this thread through browsing forums.

Although I don't completely agree with your review of some staff members I do find it refreshing to find someone going against the grain and stating it how they feel it is.

I do completely Support the fact that Server Support should (imo) be the most active staff in-game. They are the forefront of assistance for new and seasoned players.

Thanks for the read.

Posted 03 April 2020 - 07:27 AM #35

Maximum73
Ex-Staff

Maximum73

• Time spent:
      30d 7h 51m 49s

• Previous username:
    Just Monika

• Total level:
    Awards

interesting post

I don't agree with all of it,  but that's really the whole point of feedback, it being your opinion on feedback and i'd rather see feedback that is based on what the person posting actually thinks then just saying everyone is 1000000\10. I could go off in a tangent on members you rated that I highly disagree with and deserve more justice but it's not my thread.

I haven't been on in a few weeks however when I was server support/mod there was times when tons of staff were online and nobody in alora cc, while it's not a requirement to have to be in alora cc with all the clans around. There was times in my quieter timezones where I would be the only one in alora but I too did split my time in alora and the clan I'm in. Again I can't judge but I imagine most the time there would be a staff member in alora and I think it's important as all the new players default there and sometimes things get asked that only staff members can assist with   

Posted Image

Just Monika. Just Monika.

Posted 03 April 2020 - 08:36 AM #36

Not Magnata
Veteran

Not Magnata

• Time spent:
      95d 10h 13m 37s

• Previous username:
    7 Psychodual

• Total level:
    Awards

Not gonna say what I agree and what I dont because it does not matter, it is your feedback thread and respect above all is the best thing.

I haven't seen a few of the server supporters online lately, I see more miya online than the rest of the ss, but pretty sure there's a motive for it, anyway, if they see they can't log at least 2 days per week and hold the ss rank anymore, they would resign.

Posted Image

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 121 user(s)