Posted 02 March 2021 - 09:02 AM #1

gim holder
Group Ironman

gim holder

• Time spent:
      3d 19h 15m 8s

• Total level:
    Awards

So I've noticed a lot of changes with this update, I'll list a few below here.

I understand we're striving to be more like OSRS for the good and bad and maybe we were spoiled with our past calculations, but some things just feel off.

Twisted Bow

It seems to be extremely inaccurate now compared to before. There's a reason this end game item held a 2.2-2.5b price tag, I never had one in OSRS so I don't know if it's this bad on there, I don't think its strength needs to be buffed only its accuracy.

Wilderness Bosses

Not sure how it is in OSRS, but their defence on here seems stupid high now. I think I remember OSRS discussing changing them since their defence was far higher than their reward. I personally liked how we had it on Alora, but further discussion between the community may be needed.

Abyssal Sire

It's defence seems to also have been tweaked with this update, but would also like further feedback.

I'd like to get the players input on these updates and see what the community feels if it needs to be further tweaked, or if this is the way we want it if it properly matches OSRS. I'm not saying we need to hit 120+ with a twisted bow, but it's a big change from where it was, and could effect its price in the future.

Posted 02 March 2021 - 09:08 AM #2

Amica
Veteran

Amica

• Time spent:
      68d 20h 36m 41s

• Total level:
    Awards
Edit to original post as my view came across a bit confusing. Revert it. There was nothing wrong with how it was. This is a private server and we play it for the speed and convenience compared to osrs. (My view)

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 02 March 2021 - 09:14 AM #3

Calloway
Group Ironman

Calloway
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      17d 19h 38m 39s

• Total level:
    Awards

Twisted bow: Dont know about the accuracy, only thing i know is people giving bad examples off bosses you just shouldn't t bow anyway.

Wilderness bosses: Make's Veracs usefull, they haven't patched defence levels on osrs yet.

Abyssal sire: Literally hit 4 0's. Did it in 1:28, thats the same time for me as before the update. That's with arclight ofcourse, which is made for killing demons.

Posted 02 March 2021 - 09:36 AM #4

NotAftermath
User

NotAftermath

• Time spent:
      16h 56m 38s

• Total level:
    Awards

Twisted Bow: Don't have one so I have no meaningful feedback. 

Wilderness Bosses: I agree. Wildy barely saw activity before this update and now with Revenants being "nerfed" and bosses being so tanky, it is even worse now.

Sire: Haven't tried it post-buff, so no feedback.

I would also like to see Rev cave reverted to original layout and just have drops nerfed slightly. Cave is way too huge, and revs way too spread out.

Posted 02 March 2021 - 09:58 AM #5

Veteran

• Time spent:
      299d 6h 1m 39s

• Previous username:
    Monaco

• Total level:
    Awards

Omicron said the tbow is now 1:1 with OSRS in terms of its coding, if that is true then I think we should keep it as it is. You shouldn't be able to use it to easily kill any boss anyway.

Posted 02 March 2021 - 10:05 AM #6

Chromecast
Veteran

Chromecast
Clan: AFM

• Time spent:
      36d 8h 45m 22s

• Total level:
    Awards

Haven't played much but in regards to your point where the Tbow retains it's value isn't only because it was good and accurate. 
Not many come into the game, which is a good thing, but those coming in are being hoarded. 

Posted Image

Posted 02 March 2021 - 10:12 AM #7

Arosa
Veteran

Arosa

• Time spent:
      495d 7h 51m 5s

• Total level:
    Awards

Twisted Bow: The twisted bow feels squishy now after the rework. It wasn't overpowered before the PvM system rework but was indeed better than a blowpipe. It just felt right compared to what was after the update (pre-hotfix, where it was definitely OP) and past-hotfix. The tbow got nerfed a few times before (for corp f.e.) but now it's too weak imo.

Wilderness Bosses: Can only speak for Venenatis. Tried to use Craw's bow, Blowpipe, Twisted Bow and Viggs. Nothing seems to be a consistent way to kill this wilderness boss.

Chambers of Xerics: I tried a few solo's and duo's after the hotfix and it has gotten harder to kill each boss. Some more than others though (thinking about vanguards). Trying to kill Olm's hands with the tbow isn't working out. Even with magic switch at the mage hand you hit so many 0's, so inconsistently. Same goes for melee hand. Killing Olm's head with tbow is doable but all in all I want the roll back.

PvM System: Speaking of the roll back. Would like to get that polled soon. I don't enjoy PvM after Hotfix and as people said on ;;yell, I'm not alone. (Speaking only for me on this post)

Posted 02 March 2021 - 10:49 AM #8

Aeroblast
Ironman

Aeroblast

• Time spent:
      47d 11h 9m 16s

• Previous username:
    Iron scuffed

• Total level:
    Awards

Twisted bow- The bow feels crazy inaccurate against kree which is a high mage level npc & it should still do consistent damage more then its doing at the moment , theres a reason people grind hours and hours for items like these & at the moment it doesn't feel like an end game item as much as it did before the rework. Excluding from when it was first tweaked when it was doing 35% more damage then it was doing now, but the accuracy was definitely severed.

Wilderness bosses- Venenatis is almost untouchable by ranged weapons , every npc is wildy is tanky.. this is a private server still & it isn't OSRS, its kind of the point why we're here and not there...its suppose to be similar ..not the same & also not the stray off topic but this is the same for ToB and CoX, blowpipe does very slow damage now & tbow/scythe is the only viable items to use there now.

Posted 02 March 2021 - 10:57 AM #9

Sictorious
Super Donator

Sictorious

• Time spent:
      2d 3h 24m 41s

• Total level:

I agree 100% its an end game item for a reason and now it just feels like a slightly better option. if you compare the scythe to other melee weapons its insane so i think the tbow should be on that same tier seeing as they are End Game items

Posted 02 March 2021 - 11:03 AM #10

vinivan
Super Donator

vinivan

• Time spent:
      8h 26m 15s

• Total level:

Twisted bow- TBow feels very weak, on the 24hours it was op it surely was op, but before that it was ok , atleast rollback to the ok state, i did a couple hydra kills before going to sleep and just felt inacuratelly bad, like almost 2 min kills lol

Wilderness Bosses- didn't do any of them, but most people seem to be very unhappy with the amount of defences even with wilderness weapons and good setups.

Chambers of Xeric- this is the raids content i did the most, i like the idea of being 1:1 to osrs, but it feels a little rough right now, not being able to use tbow on olms hands, and vanguards got very hard, vespula is annoying as hell too, chambers is not fun to do right now, really not fun

PvM: Most of my favorite bosses to actually kill involve the use of the twisted bow, every single one of them seems underwhelming and inaccurate, even with blowpipe aswell, 2 and a half minutes kills on hydra lol, i hope this gets looked up real fast 

Posted 02 March 2021 - 11:28 AM #11

strudelle

Veteran

strudelle

• Time spent:
      90d 16h 31m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards

twisted bow is very bad now...tried in cox and tob and it was very bad ( no accuracy at all ). i just think  they  should roll back every ''pvm accuracy'' and stuff they ''fixed'' and put it back like it was b4 it get worse.

the way pvm and raids before updates was perfect imo.

now i will only skill by the time they fix all this....

Posted 02 March 2021 - 12:15 PM #12

SOLO Cunh
User

SOLO Cunh

• Time spent:
      21h 9m 1s

• Previous username:
    cunhapomanga

• Total level:
    Awards

simply said: if we all want it like osrs then we play osrs? stop ruining everything lol its all shit

'' sell eim tbow 50k''

Posted 02 March 2021 - 12:40 PM #13

Rileyy Raids
Super Donator

Rileyy Raids

• Time spent:
      3d 2h 22m 2s

• Previous username:
    Riley Raids

• Total level:
    Awards

please revert to the old combat system, the way it works right now is not nice.

and like people said above. if we want to play osrs we would've been there.

i feel sorry for all the time invested in coding this, but this just turned out wrong.

tbh if the combat system stays like this i'm probably quitting since this is no fun at all. and im probably not the only one thinking this.

skilling it is for now!

Posted 02 March 2021 - 12:53 PM #14

Real Cheese
Realism

Real Cheese

• Time spent:
      68d 9h 35m 55s

• Total level:
    Awards

Overall everything is less enjoyable atm agreeing with everything you said and more. I like the idea of being able to customize the cb system more in depth, I just don't like this outcome so far.

Posted 02 March 2021 - 01:07 PM #15

Philippines
Ironman

Philippines

• Time spent:
      2d 4h 47m 31s

• Previous username:
    Jadaaa

• Total level:
    Awards

I agree with a lot of the people above this post, I feel like the game isn't enjoyable right now.

Posted 02 March 2021 - 01:10 PM #16

gim holder
Group Ironman

gim holder

• Time spent:
      3d 19h 15m 8s

• Total level:
    Awards

@ Omicron do you think we might see a hot fix soon?

Posted 02 March 2021 - 01:20 PM #17

GIM Richy
Group Ironman

GIM Richy

• Time spent:
      4h 39m 30s

• Total level:
    Awards

I agree, this is an rsps and not OSRS. If i wanted this i would have played OSRS.

I enjoy to pvm on this server and that is a big reason why i play on Alora.

Hopefully this will be fixed as i am not motivated to keep playing if this stays the same.

Posted 02 March 2021 - 01:25 PM #18

Charizard
User

Charizard

• Time spent:
      25d 7h 44m 50s

• Previous username:
    F1nally

• Total level:
    Awards

Agree with a rollback, im currently a bankstandmode player until I can kill Kree faster than 3 mins 

Posted Image
Posted Image

2024 GOALS
Spoiler

Posted 02 March 2021 - 01:31 PM #19

beans n cake
Donator

beans n cake

• Time spent:
      163d 1h 51m 11s

• Total level:
    Awards
I agree. Cox tbow seems like a noodle now tbh. All or a majority of us are here because we are to lazy to grind OSRS, why fix something if no one was publicly complaining about it?

Gimbeans.gif

Scythe.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

GIM Goals
Spoiler

Posted 02 March 2021 - 02:11 PM #20

Omicron

Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      419d 16h 36m 41s

• Total level:
    Awards
We had a look at Twisted bow accuracy again, and we did find a bug causing the accuracy to be lower than intended (not damage though). We’re working on getting this accuracy to match the OSRS calculators 1:1 and then we will push a fix. As for other bosses such as Venenatis/Callisto, those are super tanky bosses that are meant to be difficult to hit. Even the OSRS strategy guide says that your best bet for Venenatis is to us either Ruby bolts (because other ranged attacks won’t hit) or Verac if meleeing.

After matching OSRS’s accuracy system (aside from Twisted bow and a few bosses/forms that have incorrect stats), we also apply a boost to the final accuracy because it is an RSPS and players want to feel like they’re hitting more often, which we understand. We currently set that boost at 20% and for most bosses and monsters, it seems fine, but that number could be adjusted.

I know that hitting every single time is a nice feeling, but I’m hoping that we can find a middle ground where we stay true to the mechanics of OSRS (requiring you to plan out your gear depending on what you’re fighting against), while also providing a slightly enhanced/easier experience that you’d expect from an RSPS.

We’ll be fixing the Twisted bow in a reboot tonight to make it as accurate as it should be, and we’ll continue to look into the stats on different bosses and make sure they all match up. If that doesn’t cut it, we can look at increasing that 20% boost if it’s what the community wants, or we can potentially nerf a few problematic bosses (Venenatis is unnecessarily tanky imo). Either way, we’ll figure it out and find something that we’re all comfortable with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 120 user(s)