Posted 02 March 2021 - 02:21 PM #21

gim holder
Group Ironman

gim holder

• Time spent:
      3d 19h 15m 8s

• Total level:
    Awards

We had a look at Twisted bow accuracy again, and we did find a bug causing the accuracy to be lower than intended (not damage though). We’re working on getting this accuracy to match the OSRS calculators 1:1 and then we will push a fix. As for other bosses such as Venenatis/Callisto, those are super tanky bosses that are meant to be difficult to hit. Even the OSRS strategy guide says that your best bet for Venenatis is to us either Ruby bolts (because other ranged attacks won’t hit) or Verac if meleeing.

After matching OSRS’s accuracy system (aside from Twisted bow and a few bosses/forms that have incorrect stats), we also apply a boost to the final accuracy because it is an RSPS and players want to feel like they’re hitting more often, which we understand. We currently set that boost at 20% and for most bosses and monsters, it seems fine, but that number could be adjusted.

I know that hitting every single time is a nice feeling, but I’m hoping that we can find a middle ground where we stay true to the mechanics of OSRS (requiring you to plan out your gear depending on what you’re fighting against), while also providing a slightly enhanced/easier experience that you’d expect from an RSPS.

We’ll be fixing the Twisted bow in a reboot tonight to make it as accurate as it should be, and we’ll continue to look into the stats on different bosses and make sure they all match up. If that doesn’t cut it, we can look at increasing that 20% boost if it’s what the community wants, or we can potentially nerf a few problematic bosses (Venenatis is unnecessarily tanky imo). Either way, we’ll figure it out and find something that we’re all comfortable with.

I appreciate the feedback Omi, as far as wilderness boss's I don't think we should strive to match OSRS considering they themselves are having issues with how tanky they are and seek an adjustment in the future. I personally think we should leave those how we had it until OSRS further nerfs their version to see what they come up with if that's what the community would want. Really appreciate your looking into this though I know this whole update was done with good intention and can appreciate trying to make PvM more intertaining for us all

Posted 02 March 2021 - 02:24 PM #22

Amica
Veteran

Amica

• Time spent:
      68d 20h 36m 41s

• Total level:
    Awards

We had a look at Twisted bow accuracy again, and we did find a bug causing the accuracy to be lower than intended (not damage though). We’re working on getting this accuracy to match the OSRS calculators 1:1 and then we will push a fix. As for other bosses such as Venenatis/Callisto, those are super tanky bosses that are meant to be difficult to hit. Even the OSRS strategy guide says that your best bet for Venenatis is to us either Ruby bolts (because other ranged attacks won’t hit) or Verac if meleeing.

After matching OSRS’s accuracy system (aside from Twisted bow and a few bosses/forms that have incorrect stats), we also apply a boost to the final accuracy because it is an RSPS and players want to feel like they’re hitting more often, which we understand. We currently set that boost at 20% and for most bosses and monsters, it seems fine, but that number could be adjusted.

I know that hitting every single time is a nice feeling, but I’m hoping that we can find a middle ground where we stay true to the mechanics of OSRS (requiring you to plan out your gear depending on what you’re fighting against), while also providing a slightly enhanced/easier experience that you’d expect from an RSPS.

We’ll be fixing the Twisted bow in a reboot tonight to make it as accurate as it should be, and we’ll continue to look into the stats on different bosses and make sure they all match up. If that doesn’t cut it, we can look at increasing that 20% boost if it’s what the community wants, or we can potentially nerf a few problematic bosses (Venenatis is unnecessarily tanky imo). Either way, we’ll figure it out and find something that we’re all comfortable with.

Appreciate the feedback. Just a quick note regarding your comment on the wilderness bosses being tanky by nature in OSRS and to use ruby bolts. Was this before the introduction of rev weapons that have a damage boost vs wilderness npc’s as the latest strategies I’ve seen for these is that for range set ups craws is bis.

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 02 March 2021 - 02:33 PM #23

Norse
Donator

Norse

• Time spent:
      4d 12h 58m 40s

• Total level:

Speaking for the wildy bosses, in OSRS, Craw's bow is BiS there or Verac's for Venenatis. Because safespotting Venenatis isn't really an option, ranging with Craw's should be the preferable option. Callisto SHOULD be able to be safespotted as well as melee'd with viggora's mace. At minimum, these bosses should be like or easier than their OSRS counterparts. Vetion is supposed to be safespotted with mace, or using crush weapons.

Also I want to address Zulrah in this post. Zulrah used to be 10 time easier before the update. Because of these adjustments, it has made the boss that much more difficult, requiring switches, using more supplies, and less inventory space. As well as the switches, the boss is tankier, unless a TBow is used. Seeing as the BP is the gateway to higher tier bossing, its just made that much more difficult to kill as well. Even with highest tier gear (without tbow) you're still looking at 2-3 minute kills, which shouldn't be the case.

Just my thoughts.

Posted 02 March 2021 - 02:40 PM #24

UFO
User

UFO

• Time spent:
      11h 57m 47s

• Previous username:
    CrackdToilet

• Total level:
    Awards

gauntlet is extremely annoying now, it takes way to long, my pb on my hardcore was 7:30 without rigour and not maxed stats now its 12 minutes, seems crazy and wrong.

Posted 02 March 2021 - 02:58 PM #25

Veteran

Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      299d 6h 1m 39s

• Previous username:
    Monaco

• Total level:
    Awards

Speaking for the wildy bosses, in OSRS, Craw's bow is BiS there or Verac's for Venenatis. Because safespotting Venenatis isn't really an option, ranging with Craw's should be the preferable option. Callisto SHOULD be able to be safespotted as well as melee'd with viggora's mace. At minimum, these bosses should be like or easier than their OSRS counterparts. Vetion is supposed to be safespotted with mace, or using crush weapons.

Also I want to address Zulrah in this post. Zulrah used to be 10 time easier before the update. Because of these adjustments, it has made the boss that much more difficult, requiring switches, using more supplies, and less inventory space. As well as the switches, the boss is tankier, unless a TBow is used. Seeing as the BP is the gateway to higher tier bossing, its just made that much more difficult to kill as well. Even with highest tier gear (without tbow) you're still looking at 2-3 minute kills, which shouldn't be the case.

Just my thoughts.

Zulrah was pretty braindead before the update, you could get 1 min kills whilst pretty much being afk. It makes sense that you have to switch between styles like on OSRS and actually think whilst you're killing it.

Posted 02 March 2021 - 03:03 PM #26

Norse
Donator

Norse

• Time spent:
      4d 12h 58m 40s

• Total level:

Zulrah was pretty braindead before the update, you could get 1 min kills whilst pretty much being afk. It makes sense that you have to switch between styles like on OSRS and actually think whilst you're killing it.

Even with max gear, you should not be getting 2-3 minute kills. Arma and ahrim switch should get you under 2 minutes pretty much every time. And since the phase transitions are not the same as osrs, it should be even quicker than that. Would like to see someone make a comparison from then to now on the timing of kills.

Posted 02 March 2021 - 04:03 PM #27

Philippines
Ironman

Philippines

• Time spent:
      2d 4h 47m 31s

• Previous username:
    Jadaaa

• Total level:
    Awards

I completely agree with UFO, corrupted gauntlet boss is defense is just super high. I hope it gets looked at.

Posted 02 March 2021 - 05:25 PM #28

Jormungard
Elite Ironman

Jormungard

• Time spent:
      3d 2h 17m

• Total level:

As I am a newer I can only speak for my experiences so far. And as a newer elite ironman this update COMPLETELY fucked my gameplan. Specially regarding key items such as the blowpipe and even daganoths. 

I looked up some of the people who are all for it. Most of them are full endgame on their accounts. I hope all of them ofc dropped their easy obtained grinds. And now start the grind how it supposed to be happening according to them. 

I dont understand why a few up in their tower decide how majority should play. I personally really dislike how most got their easy grinds done and then be like but on osrs it was like that. Most of you didnt do the osrs way either. Its really unfair to nerf the early game as much as you did now.

Some of my grinds will legit take 2x longer to prepare supply wise to than take 2x longer to do it aswell. 

Just my 2 cents.

Posted 03 March 2021 - 05:42 AM #29

Sictorious
Super Donator

Sictorious
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      2d 3h 24m 41s

• Total level:

Hey guys did they get a chance to apply the update  they were talking about yesterday?

Posted 03 March 2021 - 07:28 AM #30

Chromecast
Veteran

Chromecast
Clan: AFM

• Time spent:
      36d 8h 45m 22s

• Total level:
    Awards

Hey guys did they get a chance to apply the update  they were talking about yesterday?

As far as I know was there a fix in the reboot last night :)

Posted Image

Posted 03 March 2021 - 01:17 PM #31

Extremedanny
Veteran

Extremedanny
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      217d 16h 41m 18s

• Total level:
    Awards

Well after just doing barrows and some thermy I finally decided to go to arma. Hit like 8 0s in a row with tbow on task. Ye this is really demotivating after playing alora for 4 years on easy mode. I got used to it. It feels like whole game got nerfed by like 50% lol. 

Cu guys when easy mode pvm is back :)

Posted Image

Posted 03 March 2021 - 01:45 PM #32

Amica
Veteran

Amica

• Time spent:
      68d 20h 36m 41s

• Total level:
    Awards
Before I get into this some more I do appreciate that something like this has probably taken a considerable amount of time to do. However, feedback after another day of playing after hotfix 2.0 and I’m not a fan of it.

It would have been good if this was polled before implementing to see what the community and players wanted rather than a vote after you’ve invested a lot of time that may get voted to be reverted and your time could of been spent doing something else. I can’t recall any suggestion and gaining big support of a rework in the pvm system, maybe some boss mechanics here and there which would of just been good QoL additions have been suggested.

A few people might slate the comment of “easy mode” but personally for me that’s why I chose to stick around on this server. It HAD everything I liked about OSRS with the bosses and items but had the speedy, laid back feel about it but still requiring the grind for items from bosses, bosses which were a lot easier to do compared to OSRS.

At this moment in time I feel like my time would be better spent actually grinding on OSRS and making gp to sell.

Personally I would like to see the vote for a revert issued ASAP for the community to put their say on this.

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 03 March 2021 - 03:44 PM #33

Real Cheese
Realism

Real Cheese

• Time spent:
      68d 9h 35m 55s

• Total level:
    Awards

Well after just doing barrows and some thermy I finally decided to go to arma. Hit like 8 0s in a row with tbow on task. Ye this is really demotivating after playing alora for 4 years on easy mode. I got used to it. It feels like whole game got nerfed by like 50% lol. 

Cu guys when easy mode pvm is back :)

Before I get into this some more I do appreciate that something like this has probably taken a considerable amount of time to do. However, feedback after another day of playing after hotfix 2.0 and I’m not a fan of it.

It would have been good if this was polled before implementing to see what the community and players wanted rather than a vote after you’ve invested a lot of time that may get voted to be reverted and your time could of been spent doing something else. I can’t recall any suggestion and gaining big support of a rework in the pvm system, maybe some boss mechanics here and there which would of just been good QoL additions have been suggested.

A few people might slate the comment of “easy mode” but personally for me that’s why I chose to stick around on this server. It HAD everything I liked about OSRS with the bosses and items but had the speedy, laid back feel about it but still requiring the grind for items from bosses, bosses which were a lot easier to do compared to OSRS.

At this moment in time I feel like my time would be better spent actually grinding on OSRS and making gp to sell.

Personally I would like to see the vote for a revert issued ASAP for the community to put their say on this.

+1 To both. 

Posted 03 March 2021 - 04:19 PM #34

Angier
Elite Ironman

Angier

• Time spent:
      1d 5h 36m 48s

• Total level:
    Awards

please revert to the old combat system, the way it works right now is not nice.

and like people said above. if we want to play osrs we would've been there.

i feel sorry for all the time invested in coding this, but this just turned out wrong.

tbh if the combat system stays like this i'm probably quitting since this is no fun at all. and im probably not the only one thinking this.

skilling it is for now!

This resonates with me as well -- I find Alora more enjoyable than OSRS because of the PvM system, not in spite of it. If the PvM system is changed to match OSRS, as a fairly low XP gamemode I'd feel more inclined to just go play the main game, or stop playing rs-related servers (main or private) altogether.

(First post, woo)

Posted 19 March 2021 - 08:21 AM #35

Arosa
Veteran

Arosa

• Time spent:
      495d 23h 6m 2s

• Total level:
    Awards

Is there any update / new information about the whole PvM Rework discussion? I wonder what people thing about that after some time has passed and how they enjoy / not enjoy the PvM rework at the moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 120 user(s)