Photo

Polling Accuracy and Revenants Revert

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Accuracy Rework (97 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see the recent accuracy rework be reverted?

1. Yes (61 votes [62.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.89%

2. No (36 votes [37.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.11%

Would you like to see the Revenant Cave layout be reverted, but still maintain Singles Plus combat?

1. Yes (57 votes [58.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.76%

2. No (40 votes [41.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.24%

Vote

Posted 03 March 2021 - 06:28 PM #21

Gd iron
Ironman

Gd iron

• Time spent:
      6d 3h 41m 57s

• Total level:
    Awards
Support, #1

People play daily killing bosses the same way they have been for years then you just drop an update that makes every boss/monster in the game harder.

Bringing that much change at once is going to piss people off.

IMO the change isn't bad for pvm but the way it was just released had no thought to it. To many things in this update has effected the all round feel of the game and not in a good way.

Why fix something that's not broken?
Focus on fixing the broken things 100% and don't half ass the important shit to release updates no one wants.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 03 March 2021 - 06:42 PM #22

User

• Time spent:
      95d 5h 6m 56s

• Previous username:
    OOoooOOOoo12

• Total level:
    Awards

idc about #1, but #2

im not surprised that the majority voting yes to #2 are from your clan who used to hold down revs and gain advantage by having a hc farm revs with protection from several people in multi.

voted no

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 03 March 2021 - 06:44 PM #23

West LDN
Super Donator

West LDN
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      35d 12h 40m 35s

• Previous username:
    st8

• Total level:
    Awards

idc about #1, but #2

im not surprised that the majority voting yes to #2 are from your clan who used to hold down revs and gain advantage by having a hc farm revs with protection from several people in multi.

voted no

Not sure if you read the title but it says single + rev? This means ironmen benefit and pkers like yourself who only PK benefit long term.

452d6d0293eaf812a9e49b2804759bfa.png81cbc319d52043f99d6d3e2e66a41e2d.pnged62af5a5d4db9f7d853c020b54b8f8c.png

Posted 03 March 2021 - 06:50 PM #24

User

• Time spent:
      95d 5h 6m 56s

• Previous username:
    OOoooOOOoo12

• Total level:
    Awards

Not sure if you read the title but it says single + rev? This means ironmen benefit and pkers like yourself who only PK benefit long term.

i dont see why you want all the monsters clumped up in one place. 

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 03 March 2021 - 06:53 PM #25

West LDN
Super Donator

West LDN

• Time spent:
      35d 12h 40m 35s

• Previous username:
    st8

• Total level:
    Awards

i dont see why you want all the monsters clumped up in one place.

It's a great money maker for ironmen

452d6d0293eaf812a9e49b2804759bfa.png81cbc319d52043f99d6d3e2e66a41e2d.pnged62af5a5d4db9f7d853c020b54b8f8c.png

Posted 03 March 2021 - 07:06 PM #26

Omicron

Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      419d 16h 36m 41s

• Total level:
    Awards

Why would something like this not be polled in the first place though? This completely changed the meta and the game as a whole. So I am not entitled to make a poll to allow people to voice their opinions, even though I am in Aftermath people will vote no solely based on that. Even on OSRS they polled weapon nerfs, rev changes etc .. Just my two cents. 

The reason we didn't poll these changes is because Alora is primarily a PvM server. That's the content we primarily try to replicate, and it's what we're best at, so we decided we should at least have a combat system that does it justice. Dan and I discussed it before even starting to make these changes, and we decided that players shouldn't be destroying bosses like Kalphite Queen with a dragon scimitar. The goal with this system was not to shake things up and make the game much more difficult, it was to properly replicate the combat system from the original game, and to give many different weapons an individual use case. The previous system heavily devalued end-game gear and weapons (although I'm not sure many people realized the extent of this, even I didn't myself until looking into it more) in terms of accuracy. We knew that there would be people who loved the changes, and those that hated them, and we knew that the system would need to be tweaked (and still does), but overall that it would be the best move to make for Alora. We're still willing to make tweaks for accuracy boosts, since we don't want it to feel like most hits are not landing, but we certainly do want players to be required to use the proper weapon types that a boss is weak against, and to add more balance to the system rather than just letting a blowpipe or dragon scimitar plow through every boss. We don’t poll updates that bring us closer to OSRS, only ones that stray away from emulating the original game.

Posted 03 March 2021 - 07:19 PM #27

Gd iron
Ironman

Gd iron

• Time spent:
      6d 3h 41m 57s

• Total level:
    Awards
Wouldn't you be better off reverting it back to normal and tweaking it from their?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 03 March 2021 - 07:53 PM #28

Amica
Veteran

Amica

• Time spent:
      68d 20h 36m 41s

• Total level:
    Awards
With regards to the pvm system I’ve made my views clear on gim holders topic. But from reading some comments here and specifically @Omicron I understand the reasoning behind wanting to make the change and make end game gear worth its title. I like the basic idea behind it all with the “utilise your setup to counter a bosses stats” but currently despite doing this it doesn’t feel like I reap the rewards of faster kills even in end game gear. Essentially if I was correctly geared I’d like to think I’d be killing bosses faster compared to the old pvm system. If we could come to this then my opinion on reverting would be different. Same items as osrs. Same mechanics. Same planning on gear required. But faster kills. Who wouldn’t like that?

Commenting on the Rev cave option polled, people’s reasoning behind voting no because it’s come from an Aftermath member and we just want to lockdown revs and the people that can’t even be bothered reading it and thinking multi has been suggested stop being so unbiased because it’s come from a member of a clan you’re not a fan of. Revs can be locked down even now by any team on the server that decides to do so. I think this option polled is a great middle ground of keeping it singles + 1 but keeping the layout the same so people can pvm and earn gp more efficiently.

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 03 March 2021 - 08:04 PM #29

Aeroblast
Ironman

Aeroblast

• Time spent:
      47d 11h 9m 16s

• Previous username:
    Iron scuffed

• Total level:
    Awards

From the topic you can see it says Single + without the revs being so spread out

A member from Aftermath created the topic, not sure where your assumption is to the whole clan trying to control the votes? You can see from the results its a mixture of yes and no's from aftermath members. 

This topic is to voice your opinion, not sure where the need is to attack the clan for having different opinion for and against to what you suggested.

Haven’t mentioned anything about votes , anything I said is and only ingame related ,not attacking anyone just calling it what it is

Posted 03 March 2021 - 08:48 PM #30

Omicron

Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      419d 16h 36m 41s

• Total level:
    Awards

Wouldn't you be better off reverting it back to normal and tweaking it from their?

No, that was our original plan and as we got started we realized it wasn't possible to keep the old system but have bonuses be taken into effect, which is why we decided to rework it. The previous system didn't take bonuses or attack style into consideration at all.

Posted 04 March 2021 - 12:41 AM #31

Veteran

• Time spent:
      299d 6h 1m 39s

• Previous username:
    Monaco

• Total level:
    Awards

No thanks. Would rather keep it similar to OSRS.

Posted 04 March 2021 - 07:14 AM #32

d a u z
Ironman

d a u z

• Time spent:
      22h 55m 19s

• Total level:
    Awards

Fuck the new combat update...... 

1 > THIS IS RSPS
2 > THIS IS RSPS

3 > WHY WE NEED TO GRIND THIS IF WE CAN PLAY OSRS INSTEAD OF ALORA?
4 > Remember! THIS IS A RSPS so dont make it OSRS

tbow.png

scytheeee.png

1.png

Posted 04 March 2021 - 07:31 AM #33

gim holder
Group Ironman

gim holder

• Time spent:
      3d 19h 15m 8s

• Total level:
    Awards

I can understand and appreciate why @Omicron wants this new system. I can see that if players just used a abyssal whip/tent everywhere you'd inadvertly be making weapons like the Abyssal Bludgeon worthless since you can just use the whip/tent at KQ, Cerberus, and other bosses that should require a different niche weapon to attack.

The ONLY thing I didn't like was the major change in damage, and/or accuracy (thinking of things like the Gauntlet, Kree'Arra, and other bosses that are taking 2x as long to kill as before). Reading the update originally it made me feel like bossing would actually be quicker than before if using the right gear, but even in BIS post nerfes bossing still feels much slower even with proper gear and that's what I hope gets taken into account more and gets tested much more from this system and the old one.

Posted 04 March 2021 - 07:33 AM #34

Absurd
User

Absurd

• Time spent:
      3d 11h 59m 15s

• Total level:
    Awards

Support, #1

People play daily killing bosses the same way they have been for years then you just drop an update that makes every boss/monster in the game harder.

Bringing that much change at once is going to piss people off.

IMO the change isn't bad for pvm but the way it was just released had no thought to it. To many things in this update has effected the all round feel of the game and not in a good way.

Why fix something that's not broken?
Focus on fixing the broken things 100% and don't half ass the important shit to release updates no one wants.

I agree both with you and Omicron. Honestly I enjoyed playing alora, you've seen me online 10-15 hours a day no issue, and now it's slowly changing, having me and others think about their builds before heading off to a certain boss will just prolong the grind until the 'right' weapons/armor are acquired. Not saying I want to afk kill everything, but seriously, things were not broken. BP used to shred everything but that doesn't mean you could have afk-ed Corp or Nightmare. It was just at a perfect spot between chill out and being too serious. If you wanted to slay, you could have taken it easy and if you wanted to do a certain boss, you needed to have endgame gear to be competent, regardless of how quick your BP shreds.

Omicron has a fully valid point too, and i'm sure a lot of work was put into this.

But in the end, if I wanted to play OSRS, i wouldn't be here. Alora used to be so much superior to OSRS in terms of everything, non degrading weapons, good damage outputs, good economy, boss fights where you can still talk to people and not care too much about dying, etc. Give it some time and player numbers will show the results. People are the ones that carry the server forward. Personally, I'm thinking of moving on, I don't expect anyone to care, do what you feel like doing. My logic is thinking beyond maths and calculations, even I sincerely love maths.

You wanna know how i found alora? I typed "top 10 rsps" in google. I downloaded and stayed. We have yell option, we have announced drops, we had so much more than OSRS would ever offer us.

This really was #1 server to me in terms of everything, literally a place where you log on and play with a smile on your face, think about it.

Have a good day everyone, I hope it's sunny where you are

alota fagina is another account i use(d)

Posted 04 March 2021 - 07:41 AM #35

Guy
Ironman

Guy

• Time spent:
      18h 9m 17s

• Previous username:
    guy in hats

• Total level:
    Awards

If I wanted to play OSRS, I wouldn't be here! Keep the private server a private server. 

Posted 04 March 2021 - 11:25 AM #36

Arosa
Veteran

Arosa

• Time spent:
      495d 7h 51m 5s

• Total level:
    Awards

I agree both with you and Omicron. Honestly I enjoyed playing alora, you've seen me online 10-15 hours a day no issue, and now it's slowly changing, having me and others think about their builds before heading off to a certain boss will just prolong the grind until the 'right' weapons/armor are acquired. Not saying I want to afk kill everything, but seriously, things were not broken. BP used to shred everything but that doesn't mean you could have afk-ed Corp or Nightmare. It was just at a perfect spot between chill out and being too serious. If you wanted to slay, you could have taken it easy and if you wanted to do a certain boss, you needed to have endgame gear to be competent, regardless of how quick your BP shreds.

Omicron has a fully valid point too, and i'm sure a lot of work was put into this.

But in the end, if I wanted to play OSRS, i wouldn't be here. Alora used to be so much superior to OSRS in terms of everything, non degrading weapons, good damage outputs, good economy, boss fights where you can still talk to people and not care too much about dying, etc. Give it some time and player numbers will show the results. People are the ones that carry the server forward. Personally, I'm thinking of moving on, I don't expect anyone to care, do what you feel like doing. My logic is thinking beyond maths and calculations, even I sincerely love maths.

You wanna know how i found alora? I typed "top 10 rsps" in google. I downloaded and stayed. We have yell option, we have announced drops, we had so much more than OSRS would ever offer us.

This really was #1 server to me in terms of everything, literally a place where you log on and play with a smile on your face, think about it.

Have a good day everyone, I hope it's sunny where you are

This is exactly how I think too! Especially for the "if I want to play osrs, I just go and play osrs"... Ingame I would type +1 now! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 134 user(s)