julsbasement
Group Ironman

julsbasement
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      26d 10h 19m 48s

• Total level:
    Awards

This pretty much nails it on the head for me.

"The community" is 18 players who voted yes? And how many people play the game mode at the moment and why do they not play it? I am not asking to make everything safe, I have done much dangerous content and agree with all except for this. Check out this topic:

https://www.alora.io...0-content-poll/

Where "the community" voted to make ToB unsafe for HC but did that get implemented? It is okay to make adjustments following polls and the implementation of content and I feel this is reasonable. As far back as 2020 there were complaints and awareness of bugs in ToB. I don't have access to the archives for bug reports, but I have a hard time believing these issues have not been reported before. I play the game mode knowing well and accepting the risks, but it is unfair that these issues are beyond my control and I have to "play paranoid" to survive a piece of content? Either make it unsafe for both game modes, or make it safe until the bugs get resolved. There is no reason it should not be consistent across game modes. Just read through the comments in that content poll and tell me that ToB is fair, consistently bug free content.

Posted 11 October 2022 - 07:03 PM #22

gim crohn
Group Ironman

gim crohn
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      9d 22h 38m 39s

• Total level:
    Awards

As the person who originally suggested/polled the HCGIM unsafe deaths, I had hoped that the Alora Staff Team in combination with Omicron and Dan would use that pressure to fix the existing and newly discovered bugs with Tob/Raids/Etc with more urgency. 

That has not been the case, major bugs even when reported go unfixed for months on end, and a player shouldn't have to spend their free time bug testing content, then reporting it, then waiting months for a patch before being able to progress their account. 

The majority of the people who are commenting either didn't have a HCGIM or don't currently anymore, I'm not quite sure why there is so much passion for a game mode that is on fewer legs than the realism economy. With @ Ultra Ball being one of if not the best overall HCGIM player especially when it comes to doing dangerous content; I think his feedback should weigh very heavily.

FULL SUPPORT Tob should be a safe death until the staff team solves most if not all of the major bugs leading to unpredictable deaths and situations at no fault of the player.

UMnEjFQ.png

4152348766b38bfc37ae3ffead4bff9e.png

Posted 12 October 2022 - 10:07 AM #23

Variant
Classic

Variant

• Time spent:
      16d 7h 46m 58s

• Previous username:
    VARlANT

• Total level:
    Awards

I'll support this ONLY UNTIL the bugs are fixed, once they are fixed make it unsafe again. These bugs have been reported numerous amounts of times and still haven't been fixed. 

u1DQZht.png

XoJ7oDS.pngnNue8f4.png

F56NWzR.png

5de43a7a6a1f80dd402f6d2a0d6c4879.pngaf23707ae47836d5d96e7170934243fb.png

VRK1wjX.png

Posted 12 October 2022 - 06:45 PM #24

MT
Veteran

MT
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

• Previous username:
    Moral Truth

• Total level:
    Awards
Since the community previously voted for deaths to be unsafe, it should remain unchanged. As mentioned, bugs can be reported and looked into in case of deaths via bugs. No support.

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 03 March 2024 - 09:18 PM #25

H

Administrator

H

• Time spent:
      220d 13h 22m 28s

• Previous username:
    2OO8

• Total level:
    Awards

ToB has received numerous fixes and updates since this post, so this should be a non-issue. 

We're looking to keep the mode HCGIM as close to OSRS as possible.

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

Posted Image
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 81 user(s)