Posted 17 September 2022 - 08:40 PM #1

Ultra Ball
Group Ironman

Ultra Ball

• Time spent:
      8d 2h 50m 46s

• Total level:
    Awards

What is your suggestion?: Make TOB a safe death for HCGIM.

Is this in OSRS?: No

Has this suggestion been accepted already?: No

How would this benefit Alora?: The player base for this game mode has dropped significantly and I think it will help draw in some new players. I understand there will be some people who argue against this being a safe death, but in just the few runs I did today it is almost as if death is unavoidable. From invisible falling hands at Bloat, to invisible death balls, and at one point my group and I tried to death dot for the ball and I still took 115hp damage, I just don't think it is consistent and bug-free enough to warrant it being a non-safe death. It is safe for Hardcore Ironmen, so I would like to ask for the same exception for HCGIM. It is also easy to grief and you have to be reliant on others, whereas all the other non-safe deaths my destiny is in my own hands. Thanks for reading  :D .

Posted Image

Posted 17 September 2022 - 09:13 PM #2

Selenagomez
Veteran

Selenagomez
Clan: Paragon #FAFO

• Time spent:
      65d 16h 31m 59s

• Previous username:
    Run IT BACK

• Total level:
    Awards

No support.

All HCGIM deaths should be a death.

• Moe likes this
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 17 September 2022 - 11:18 PM #3

julsbasement
Group Ironman

julsbasement
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      26d 10h 19m 48s

• Total level:
    Awards
I feel as if all hcgim deaths should be deaths as Selena said but solely due to the buggyness that is tob , there is room for an exception. While it is technically possible to do, everything working against you makes the content awful to do. No h gim account is going to be able to to grind tob the way it is. I say this as someone who raided with ultra ball and experienced the bugs with him. I dont Even think the gchim tob prize has been claimed to support this point.

Posted 18 September 2022 - 12:58 AM #4

Ivy
Ex-Staff

Ivy
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      81d 21h 6m 5s

• Previous username:
    Misfit EIM

• Total level:
    Awards
I'm yes and no for this.

I'm assuming you have played Alora before the release of HCGIM and have atleast been told about how ToB is or tried it yourself. Even so you still willing created a HC account knowing that it was an unsafe death.

We literally have the option on forums to lodge bugs, have you or any of your friends lodged a bug report and started the process to get these fixed before making the suggestion? That's always a good starting point before getting a massive change for a whole game-mode.

In saying that I do feel for your pain, I've lost HC status to almost everything you can think of and it's demotivating especially when you put in hundreds of hours into accounts.

I'm Neutral on this.

Posted Image

(っ◔◡◔)っ Community Awards:

Spoiler

Posted 18 September 2022 - 01:40 AM #5

Mufasa
Administrator

Mufasa

• Time spent:
      120d 22h 27m 30s

• Previous username:
    El Mufasa

• Total level:
    Awards
I support this, I was in his group when it happened. We dd'd 3 times at sotetseg he got full damage even though we stacked up and the damage should've been spread. I get all of the above comments and I agree with them if there are no server side errors, in case of Theatre blood we all know there are some random flaws and just because a player decides to make a hardcore ironman doesn't mean his account should have 100% deaths because of server side errors. I don't mind the flaws as a normal ironman for me alora has always been #1. But I don't think content should be locked for any gamemode.

I also support julsbasement statement if the price for tob has been claimed and death at tob after that becomes safe is also reasonable.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 18 September 2022 - 05:31 AM #6

Formula One
Veteran

Formula One
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      49d 6h 54m 38s

• Previous username:
    4AGE

• Total level:
    Awards
No Support

This needs to remain not-safe. Especially with out content not being a safe-death either.

Yes there’s bugs, it’s a private server after all, report is correctly and document it so Dan or Chad can fix it. There no need to adjust a whole aspect to suit HCGIM.

There are ways around it, do I know what it is? God no - I’m not great at PvMing, but I’ve seen people tick eat to DH Bomb Vorkath in Alora. Im sure there’s some tick-eating method you can find to go around it.

End of the day my point is I believe this should remain a non-safe death for HCGIM and any bugs should be reported accordingly so they can get fixed.
Otherwise if this becomes a safe death then we should give back lives to those who have fallen to ToB otherwise it’s a pretty unfair given the freedom now.

Also big +1 to what Ivy has stated. Very reasonable.
You knew the dangers of making a HC

classic_large.pngEliteSR20   hcim.pngToto Wolff   gim.pngCarl Gustav   uim.pngTraction Off   eim.pngPerson 5

Beginning of Main account  -  Link to the challenge

1281b24e8b6447295abd4cdac05ab33d.png

7d67178fd306417ea65c108e9a6660d4.png
b864bba6cdd33bb25fd298f8dbe481d8.png

33e2935f80c933d281ed7b5b752da131.jpg

formula.pngunknown.png

Posted 18 September 2022 - 06:02 AM #7

julsbasement
Group Ironman

julsbasement

• Time spent:
      26d 10h 19m 48s

• Total level:
    Awards
@Ivy I have personally not made a big report in regards to tob. even so, with how long tob has been buggy, I feel as if most player have come to accept them as a feature. (No flame intended to the developers). As for “you know what you got into” originally, it was planned as a safe death, but was changed later with a suggestion. Honestly, I feel as if most players were concerned about cox and cg during that suggestion. All I am getting at it is with the number of one shot mechanics, it is worth revisiting the death status here. We have reverted changes before (nm drop rate). I believe The same should be done here.

@Formula One If it comes to refunding lives to hcgim who lost it during rob, that is fine. I dont believe many made it to tob anyway.

I apologize for the poor spelling and grammar. It is hard to message through a cell phone.
  • Ivy likes this

Posted 18 September 2022 - 07:41 AM #8

Ultra Ball
Group Ironman

Ultra Ball

• Time spent:
      8d 2h 50m 46s

• Total level:
    Awards
I appreciate the feedback. It's safe for Hardcore Ironmen so it should be safe for HCGIM as well given the nature of ToB. I shouldn't be expected to be gated from content when it doesn't function properly. I understand reporting bugs but I would lose all my lives in the process of doing that.

Posted Image

Posted 18 September 2022 - 08:27 AM #9

oijnmukfvrg
Veteran

oijnmukfvrg

• Time spent:
      364d 3h 34m

• Previous username:

• Total level:
    Awards

Nah keep it unsafe as supposed to be.

I don't think it's developers fault for the fact people like to complain about bugs instead of reporting them and being too lazy to report them is not on us either. I really do not understand the argument content does not function properly and been here x amount of time, if you aren't reporting the errors/bugs in the content do not expect it to be fixed simple as that.

Posted 18 September 2022 - 08:40 AM #10

mochiii

Ironman

mochiii

• Time spent:
      108d 9h 25m 46s

• Previous username:
    HC Ashley

• Total level:
    Awards

Keep it unsafe, but increase the urgency to be looked after since these bugs have been reported time and time again and is not something new. Disregarding having the death mechanic at tob changed i believe @Omicron should dive deeply into our TOB mechanics to fix them and create a healthy raiding environment for all game modes.

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support - 5/15/2021

Promoted to Server Moderator - 6/13/2021

Demoted from Server Moderator - 10/9/2021

Community Awards

Spoiler

Screenies

Spoiler

Posted 18 September 2022 - 10:01 AM #11

Ultra Ball
Group Ironman

Ultra Ball

• Time spent:
      8d 2h 50m 46s

• Total level:
    Awards

Nah keep it unsafe as supposed to be.

I don't think it's developers fault for the fact people like to complain about bugs instead of reporting them and being too lazy to report them is not on us either. I really do not understand the argument content does not function properly and been here x amount of time, if you aren't reporting the errors/bugs in the content do not expect it to be fixed simple as that.

So you agree it is bugged. Am I expected to risk my status to record the bugs? Unfortunately the clip didn't save but I had three other people witness the DD bug on two occasions. So I can't reliably do this content until the new bugs are reported and the bugs that Ashley mentioned have been reported and not fixed in the past are unresolved? Why is it safe for HCs then? It's not consistent.

Posted Image

Posted 18 September 2022 - 10:23 AM #12

Marg
Legendary Donator

Marg

• Time spent:
      15d 8h 2m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

Even though there are, in fact, some bugs at ToB it is still a perfectly executable activity. Sure there are invisible poison tiles at Xarpus, sure there are triple balls at Sot... But do they really break the activity it self? Of course not. If you do it in a focused manner and play it safe you can absolutely do as many raids as you want without dying.

Should we settle for a bugged ToB? No. But as was mentioned above, exclusively complaining about the bugs won't solve them - document these bugs and report them.

With this being said I don't agree on making ToB a safe death for HCGIM because the one big thing that separates that from HCIM (apart from the group aspect) is it having no safe deaths! And as I mentioned before you can absolutely do ToB in it's current state without dying especially if you do it in a ultra safe (almost paranoid) kind of way.

And on top of that, even if everything goes wrong, you still have escape crystals.

No Support.

• Moe likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ma un giorno, una volta lei ci riuscirà

Posted Image

Posted 18 September 2022 - 10:39 AM #13

Lunchbox
Veteran

Lunchbox
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      103d 5h 24m 21s

• Previous username:
    lllunchbox

• Total level:
    Awards

No support.

This was polled before HCGIM was released and it was heavily voted in favor of making HCGIM deaths all unsafe, even quest deaths. I personally voted to make HCGIM deaths unsafe because I liked the idea of having a HC gamemode that was a lot harder than regular HCIM in Alora, where everything is safe and the only way you'll die is to a dc. See the results of the poll here: https://imgur.com/ZafIzdL

I think HCGIM should remain unsafe for everything. Everyone knows Alora has bugs, and no one has ever claimed it to be a bug-free game. But it's been said over and over, record it and report it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 18 September 2022 - 10:50 AM #14

It Happened
Veteran

It Happened
Clan: Ice

• Time spent:
      31d 23h 53m 24s

• Previous username:
    Gonna Dc

• Total level:
    Awards

No Support, Mainly for the reason lunchbox said it got polled

Pretty sure it was originally released to be like HCIM and then it went to polls about being changed, and now most the people who wanted it changed in the first place still keep coming up with new issues, and before anyone says "what about the the bugs" I'm not ignoring the fact Alora has bugs it definitely does, but its always had bugs especially at TOB before the game mode was released and after, so everyone who voted should have known what signed up for. Now as for the bugs i do agree should be fixed, but cant be fixed if not reported.

Posted Image

Posted 18 September 2022 - 11:00 AM #15

Heavenfall
Group Ironman

Heavenfall

• Time spent:
      5d 6h 4m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

SUPPORT, why does it matter if none off you even plays the mode, you guys vote no to anything that doesnt benefit yourselves.  Atleast make TOB temporarily safe till all the bugs are fixed.

Posted 18 September 2022 - 11:16 AM #16

Selenagomez
Veteran

Selenagomez
Clan: Paragon #FAFO

• Time spent:
      65d 16h 31m 59s

• Previous username:
    Run IT BACK

• Total level:
    Awards
Where was this energy when people wanted tob to be unsafe for hcim like it should be.

Keep it unsafe, but increase the urgency to be looked after since these bugs have been reported time and time again and is not something new. Disregarding having the death mechanic at tob changed i believe @Omicron should dive deeply into our TOB mechanics to fix them and create a healthy raiding environment for all game modes.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 18 September 2022 - 12:49 PM #17

julsbasement
Group Ironman

julsbasement

• Time spent:
      26d 10h 19m 48s

• Total level:
    Awards
While there are escape crystals to help, the number of one shot mechanics do not make it as useful as other areas. I agree with Marg that a hcgim should not have the ability to tob as careless as a non hc.however, with the amount of grinding is needed with tob and frequency of bugs, losing status due to bugs is a “when” and not an “if” before making any significant progress in the collection log. It still stands that tob is very bugged. Reporting bugs helps, but I feel as if when one is fixed another pops up and it is “never ending”. Additionally, if you report a bug that was already reported you could not get refunded. But we don’t know what is or what isnt reported? I could be wrong there. Overall, I think while making it a safe death isn’t the ideal solution, it is the best choice given the current state of things. Additionally, this can go either way but if something is not done, tob is dead content for hcgim which isn’t good for the community.

Posted 18 September 2022 - 02:27 PM #18

Formula One
Veteran

Formula One

• Time spent:
      49d 6h 54m 38s

• Previous username:
    4AGE

• Total level:
    Awards

No support.

This was polled before HCGIM was released and it was heavily voted in favor of making HCGIM deaths all unsafe, even quest deaths. I personally voted to make HCGIM deaths unsafe because I liked the idea of having a HC gamemode that was a lot harder than regular HCIM in Alora, where everything is safe and the only way you'll die is to a dc. See the results of the poll here: https://imgur.com/ZafIzdL

I think HCGIM should remain unsafe for everything. Everyone knows Alora has bugs, and no one has ever claimed it to be a bug-free game. But it's been said over and over, record it and report it.

THIS.

The community voted for this when we began. We all wanted a mode that truly wasn’t safe and had some prestige in it.

The trade off is you have more lives than a HCIM.
HCIM you’re by yourself with 1 life.
HCGIM you make a group by yourself, have 4 lives and can use your Alts to benefit your main.

classic_large.pngEliteSR20   hcim.pngToto Wolff   gim.pngCarl Gustav   uim.pngTraction Off   eim.pngPerson 5

Beginning of Main account  -  Link to the challenge

1281b24e8b6447295abd4cdac05ab33d.png

7d67178fd306417ea65c108e9a6660d4.png
b864bba6cdd33bb25fd298f8dbe481d8.png

33e2935f80c933d281ed7b5b752da131.jpg

formula.pngunknown.png

Posted 18 September 2022 - 05:22 PM #19

Ultra Ball
Group Ironman

Ultra Ball

• Time spent:
      8d 2h 50m 46s

• Total level:
    Awards

THIS.

The community voted for this when we began. We all wanted a mode that truly wasn’t safe and had some prestige in it.

The trade off is you have more lives than a HCIM.
HCIM you’re by yourself with 1 life.
HCGIM you make a group by yourself, have 4 lives and can use your Alts to benefit your main.

"The community" is 18 players who voted yes? And how many people play the game mode at the moment and why do they not play it? I am not asking to make everything safe, I have done much dangerous content and agree with all except for this. Check out this topic:

https://www.alora.io...0-content-poll/

Where "the community" voted to make ToB unsafe for HC but did that get implemented? It is okay to make adjustments following polls and the implementation of content and I feel this is reasonable. As far back as 2020 there were complaints and awareness of bugs in ToB. I don't have access to the archives for bug reports, but I have a hard time believing these issues have not been reported before. I play the game mode knowing well and accepting the risks, but it is unfair that these issues are beyond my control and I have to "play paranoid" to survive a piece of content? Either make it unsafe for both game modes, or make it safe until the bugs get resolved. There is no reason it should not be consistent across game modes. Just read through the comments in that content poll and tell me that ToB is fair, consistently bug free content.

Posted Image

Posted 18 September 2022 - 06:37 PM #20

Psyc
Uber Donator

Psyc

• Time spent:
      9d 22h 2m 19s

• Total level:
    Awards

There is nothing you can do to against the triple ball bug at Sotetseg. No amount of skill or practice can outplay that, all you can do is teleport. This is not a death mechanic this is a bug which forces you to teleport out or die. For this reason it should be a safe death. Will open up the content for more players but doesn't make HCGIM easier. If the TOB bugs are fixed then it should be made un-safe again. 

This is not making the wilderness safe for HCGIM or anything. You should be able to do TOB without the risk of dying to bugs. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 80 user(s)