Selenagomez
Clan: Paragon #FAFO

• Time spent:
      65d 18h 19m 20s

• Previous username:
    Run IT BACK

• Total level:
    Awards

What is your suggestion?: Add seasons to the game for each game mode where people can grind for a set amount of months on whatever game mode they want and have seasonal highscores attached to this. Once the season ends they just become a normal account of whichever game mode they chose. (Separate Eco if normie/realism). At the end of each season post top 5-10 of highscores for each game mode of forums and give the #1 spot of each game mode X amount of tokens on store ( doesnt have to be a lot) and maybe a forum award? "Season 1 Normal Champion" "Season 1 Ironman Champion" "Season 1 HCIM Champion" etc...

Is this in OSRS?: no

Has this suggestion been accepted already?:no

How would this benefit Alora?: Would allow more competition to players as current highscores for some game modes arent really competitive, and will stop the game from being stale if seasons are constantly being put out. After 1 ends within a month or two the next one should start.

Something similar used to be done on alora to this for example: King of the Skill event. I think I joined the server when the last one was being done.

https://www.alora.io...ent-250-prizes/

https://www.alora.io...nups-and-rules/

https://www.alora.io...-final-results/

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 21 December 2022 - 07:08 PM #2

Kimber
Ironman

Kimber

• Time spent:
      19h 41m 4s

• Total level:

Again, really, really dig the idea of seasonals! I'm going to respond to your last post on the other thread here too since i'm basically going to say the same thing and I don't want to hijack the other lads thread with our discussion lol.

I firmly believe at this point in time seasonal needs to stay seasonal aside from some rewards available in the main game. I don't think with the state of normie eco we can afford to further drive it into the ground to the point of needing a full eco-reset. I also believe that our admins are capable of coming up with some creative solutions to the over-saturation and something like this before a solution was tried would simply number the days before actually reaching that *Eco reset required* stage. You said yourself that would be horrible, and I totally agree. I'm all for a new player being able to bring the account over to the main game if they are in fact new and would like the option to do so. But only if the XP rates were the same as the game-mode they are going to play on the main world and the items do not come over with them. 

Now, if our admins were able to come up with a clever solution to our woes with the over-saturation, maybe, just maybe, giving people the option to bring the items over could become do-able. It might even bring that whole new level of competitive that people want because it wouldn't all be gone at the end of the season. But I think that's quite a long time out. I think any creative solution is probably going to be one that takes place over a period of time and I firmly believe that not giving them an opportunity to get a handle on it now, will absolutely doom it to an eco-reset. 

The other thing I'm not so sure about, is giving people the option of choosing a difficulty for competitive games. When it comes to a seasonal competition, I think everyone needs to be on the same level as to create as little confusion as possible. Endings in anything seasonal can be extremely chaotic depending on the event so making sure that everyone is on the same level with different difficulties could be difficult without finding a way to ensure *only* the people on the same difficulty can be seen and interacted with. For example: If I'm on realism on a 6-month fresh start competition, a normie shouldn't be able to come in and screw up my bossing, take my kills on npc's, or allow me easier access to certain things by tanking for me. Nothing like that. It all needs to be the *same.* Including the times the season starts and ends. 

Regardless, seasonals could be a blast and I've always wondered why I've never had anything mentioning them pop up in my e-mail during my time away. 

Quick edit to respond below: That's what I was unsure about, I thought you were talking about having a set time and letting everyone pick what they wanted to compete in the seasonal as. In that case, I think it could be a lot of fun and something new, especially if they did like region locks, specific restrictions, open PvP, the works. There's so much they can do with it to make something like the titles that much sweeter to have. I hope they really consider it. Like you said, keep it from being just... Stale lol. Cheers!

Edited by Kimber, 21 December 2022 - 08:03 PM.

Posted 21 December 2022 - 07:37 PM #3

Selenagomez
Veteran

Selenagomez

• Time spent:
      65d 18h 19m 20s

• Previous username:
    Run IT BACK

• Total level:
    Awards

Could be changing game modes each season for example: season 1: normal, s2 ironman, s3 hcim, s4 eim, s5 gim etc etc etc

The other thing I'm not so sure about, is giving people the option of choosing a difficulty for competitive games. When it comes to a seasonal competition

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 22 December 2022 - 03:03 AM #4

Veteran

Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      299d 6h 1m 39s

• Previous username:
    Monaco

• Total level:
    Awards

I think this seems a bit overcomplicated and I'm not sure how many people would want to play gamemodes which expire every few months, as opposed to a fresh world which wouldn't expire.

Posted 22 December 2022 - 07:33 AM #5

Selenagomez
Veteran

Selenagomez

• Time spent:
      65d 18h 19m 20s

• Previous username:
    Run IT BACK

• Total level:
    Awards
Well if you read the entire post you would have seen that the account would be converted to a normal account of their game mode after the season ends. Also people are more than willing to do this look at leagues where people reset and also many other games who do seasonal things that reset such as diablo poe.

Also could just have Tauri do the old King of the Skill events every now and then but I think seasons with rotating game modes would be alot cooler

I think this seems a bit overcomplicated and I'm not sure how many people would want to play gamemodes which expire every few months, as opposed to a fresh world which wouldn't expire.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 23 December 2022 - 09:24 PM #6

Ivy
Ex-Staff

Ivy
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      81d 21h 20m 35s

• Previous username:
    Misfit EIM

• Total level:
    Awards

Also could just have Tauri do the old King of the Skill events every now and then but I think seasons with rotating game modes would be alot cooler

While I agree with Monaco, I think it would be a bit harder to get people to stick around with with seasonal modes. I do really like the idea of @ Tauri and @ Moe running some King of the Skill events etc.

I feel leaguges thrived because of being once per year, but even then the last leagues alot of people stopped playing 2 weeks in.

I do support your post though, especially with adding a bit more competition to the highscores, as some of the high scores theirs barely any competition. Use EIM for an example, 1.16b experience is top page, and you only really need to double that to be in the top 10.

I feel there's definitely an opportunity to work with this suggestion and look forward to seeing what comes out of this!

Support for either Seasonal/One off KOTS style events.

Posted Image

(っ◔◡◔)っ Community Awards:

Spoiler

Posted 25 December 2022 - 03:14 AM #7

Krest
Veteran

Krest
Clan: PRE

• Time spent:
      56d 10h 42m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards
I like the idea, I like how you presented it but I just don’t think it would work out being very popular overall. I would like to see some new fresh events tho added for sure!

Posted 10 January 2023 - 06:43 AM #8

Lucas

Veteran

Lucas
Clan: klam

• Time spent:
      88d 15h 25m 55s

• Previous username:
    N

• Total level:
    Awards

Honestly, I'd be down for some kind of fresh start world. But this seems way too complicated and I feel like this wouldn't get any traction.

Y6G5YcH.png

K16nEcv.png

8kZaGz2.pngJ3Pq0uX.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 66 user(s)