Serpent
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      4d 16h 7m 35s

• Previous username:
    Sero

• Total level:
    Awards
In recent times, a concerning trend has emerged within our beloved video game community. Players have been flouting the game's terms of service, facing bans, only to find themselves back in the game after a brief hiatus. While this may seem like a fair second chance, the issue lies in the apparent bias shown by the game's staff, who seem to be lenient with their friends' misconduct. This double standard has sparked frustration and disappointment among the community, leaving players questioning the integrity of the game's moderation.

It's disheartening for dedicated players who abide by the rules to witness others breaking them with apparent impunity. The feeling of unfairness arises when unbanned players continue to enjoy the game while contributing to a toxic atmosphere, undermining the hard work and sportsmanship displayed by the majority. The lack of consistent enforcement of the terms of service can breed resentment and discourage players from investing their time and effort into the game.

Game moderation is pivotal in maintaining a healthy and enjoyable gaming environment. While some leniency might be necessary to give players a second chance, consistent and unbiased enforcement of the rules is crucial for fostering a fair and inclusive community. When moderators demonstrate favoritism towards their friends, it erodes players' trust in the system and undermines the sense of fairness that should be at the core of every game.

Community Impact:
The impact of this double standard stretches beyond the immediate repercussions for the game. It damages the sense of camaraderie and respect within the community. Players may feel discouraged from reporting rule violations, assuming their efforts will be in vain if the offender is close to the staff. Consequently, the community's integrity suffers, as it becomes riddled with toxicity, dishonesty, and an atmosphere of mistrust.

Seeking Solutions:
To address this issue, open and transparent communication between the game developers, moderators, and players is essential. Implementing an unbiased and consistent enforcement system that treats all players equally, regardless of their connections, is crucial in restoring the community's faith in the game's management. Furthermore, involving community members in the moderation process through trusted group can provide an extra layer of accountability and impartiality.

Conclusion:
In the face of double standards and biased enforcement, the video game community deserves better. It's time for game moderators to listen to their players, acknowledge their concerns, and take proactive steps to ensure that the rules are upheld uniformly and without bias. Only then can the gaming community thrive, fostering a welcoming environment that celebrates fair play and camaraderie among all its members.
<p style="text-align:center;"> Posted Image</p><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(210,210,210);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;"><b>
Spoiler
</b></div><p>

Posted 02 August 2023 - 08:13 PM #2

Marg
User

Marg
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      15d 11h 25m 2s

• Total level:
    Awards

Great read! Thanks for the input.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ma un giorno, una volta lei ci riuscirà

Posted Image

Posted 02 August 2023 - 08:14 PM #3

Selenagomez
Veteran

Selenagomez
Clan: Paragon #FAFO

• Time spent:
      65d 18h 19m 46s

• Previous username:
    Run IT BACK

• Total level:
    Awards

Can you provide a few examples of where this has happened? We have a community impact statement, a way for some solutions, and a conclusion but no examples.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 02 August 2023 - 08:15 PM #4

Q
Donator

Q

• Time spent:
      9d 1h 27m 30s

• Previous username:
    Qmvieowfjewi

• Total level:
    Awards

Hello Dark,

It's come to my attention that you are still upset about the way that I was punished after this event:

unknown.png?width=902&height=564

I just wanted to let you know that I hear you, and I agree that there needs to be more consistency amongst the staff members in our community. I will accept any extended punishment they give me for this violation!

Best wishes,

Q

Most-Wealthy-Q.pngMost-Addicted-to-Gambling-q.png

unknown.png

unknown.png?width=705&height=487

Posted 02 August 2023 - 09:11 PM #5

gim crohn
Group Ironman

gim crohn

• Time spent:
      9d 22h 38m 39s

• Total level:
    Awards

Respect for writing all this but idk why you did. This has been brought up numerous times with Alora staff taking the inevitable position that the staff team as a whole is immune from biases and internally prevents unilateral biased decisions. 

These threads also devolve almost immediately into bait, flame, banter, clan polarization and never an actual engaging discussion with the potential for tangible results (as seen above lol)

It's clear that although these sentiments may be shared by many, that they're irrelevant opinions to the Alora staff. 

TL;DR 

Alora is going to be the way it always is, you can either adapt and find a way to enjoy around this. Or if you really care about this the most powerful thing you can do is to simply, not play. 

UMnEjFQ.png

4152348766b38bfc37ae3ffead4bff9e.png

Posted 02 August 2023 - 09:35 PM #6

Formula One
Veteran

Formula One

• Time spent:
      49d 10h 2m 55s

• Previous username:
    4AGE

• Total level:
    Awards
Not sure why this was written or posted.

I think the main intent may be, as gim crohn said which I agree, about flame bait etc.

Very well written message though. Actually impressed how well written it is,, almost sounds automated with some ChatGPT, so kudos to that!

classic_large.pngEliteSR20   hcim.pngToto Wolff   gim.pngCarl Gustav   uim.pngTraction Off   eim.pngPerson 5

Beginning of Main account  -  Link to the challenge

1281b24e8b6447295abd4cdac05ab33d.png

7d67178fd306417ea65c108e9a6660d4.png
b864bba6cdd33bb25fd298f8dbe481d8.png

33e2935f80c933d281ed7b5b752da131.jpg

formula.pngunknown.png

Posted 02 August 2023 - 10:31 PM #7

Serpent
Elite Ironman

Serpent

• Time spent:
      4d 16h 7m 35s

• Previous username:
    Sero

• Total level:
    Awards
Yes it all wasn’t written by me. But my point still stands.
Crohn you make a good point.
SG no need to put on a mask and pretend that you’re not a prime example of bias. How many times have you be banned?

I guess what I’m really trying to say is, we can break the rules and be banned and freed within a few weeks like it didn’t even matter. If that’s the case then change the rules because nobody will follow them, especially those who keep breaking them
<p style="text-align:center;"> Posted Image</p><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(210,210,210);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;"><b>
Spoiler
</b></div><p>

Posted 02 August 2023 - 10:42 PM #8

Enzo
Legendary Donator

Enzo

• Time spent:
      2d 22h 56m 9s

• Previous username:
    Yung Enzo

• Total level:
    Awards

i ain't readin all that 

happy for you though or sorry whatever happened

Posted 03 August 2023 - 12:22 AM #9

Arclow
Elite Ironman

Arclow

• Time spent:
      3d 4h 3m 8s

• Total level:
    Awards
Understand where you’re coming from. Unfortunately feedback like this isn’t seen as someone trying to highlight an issue within the community and is viewed as what @gim crohn said.

As someone that simply logs in to play and enjoy the game and stay clear of trouble it is infuriating to see people blatantly abuse the rules and not receive the punishment that is clearly related to the rules they’re breaking.

Consistency is key, and it’s severely lacking.

Posted 03 August 2023 - 04:31 AM #10

Tauri
Event Manager

Tauri
Clan: ESTSOF

• Time spent:
      119d 4m 56s

• Previous username:
    Not Tauri

• Total level:
    Awards

Thank you for the feedback!

In the meantime, please take your time to read the rules here: https://www.alora.io...official-rules/

CAQfOl.gif

Promoted to Server Support - 5/07/2022

Promoted to Server Moderator - 24/07/2022

Promoted to Forum Moderator - 28/08/2022

Promoted to Global Moderator - 02/10/2022

Promoted to Event Manager - 01/12/2022

Posted 03 August 2023 - 06:50 AM #11

GIM Stoner
Group Ironman

GIM Stoner
Clan: Aftermath CACAWW

• Time spent:
      1d 13h 50m 40s

• Total level:
    Awards
Good topic and yea man it gets old when certain people are above the rules while the rest of us are being forced to follow and obey the rules to the fullest. Staff has their fave people who they will ignore the rules for. And as u can see not all of them takr their role seriously. Its just merely a power trip for them. Its plain old sad. And as for the examples SG mentioned just refer to their list of infractions and how its ok to break the rules And be unbanned a week later. So on that note. I will follow the way of SG i have no rules.

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted 03 August 2023 - 09:44 AM #12

Death Lord
Banned

Death Lord

• Time spent:
      15h 38m 51s

• Total level:
    Awards

Thank you for the feedback!

In the meantime, please take your time to read the rules here: https://www.alora.io...official-rules/

?????????????

nothing more to say

This wouldn't be a topic if staff team were choosen like in the old day. Now all you need to do is to yell 15-20 time a day '' pm for help '' and that it, you became part of the staff team. Just take someone that everyone on server love and is actually dedicated in the game. Server is slowly dieing and IMO it's cause of the bad moderation.

• KP likes this

Posted 03 August 2023 - 02:01 PM #13

Green eyes
Super Donator

Green eyes

• Time spent:
      9d 1h 54m 53s

• Previous username:
    Tommy Savage

• Total level:
    Awards

i like how you b*tch and moan about some "corruption", yet....

you were/are the 1 who got US = kicked out of EDEN.

so all this , whatever you just wrote = is Your Fault.

Had you not been a snake - we'd never have this, what ever you just wrote above.

instead - everything would be perfect...

but nah..

so gg snake boy

Posted 03 August 2023 - 02:19 PM #14

julsbasement
Group Ironman

julsbasement

• Time spent:
      26d 10h 19m 48s

• Total level:
    Awards

i like how you b*tch and moan about some "corruption", yet....

you were/are the 1 who got US = kicked out of EDEN.

so all this , whatever you just wrote = is Your Fault.

Had you not been a snake - we'd never have this, what ever you just wrote above.

instead - everything would be perfect...

but nah..

so gg snake boy

LET THIS MAN BACK INTO EDEN

Posted 03 August 2023 - 05:59 PM #15

Ultra Ball
Group Ironman

Ultra Ball

• Time spent:
      8d 2h 50m 46s

• Total level:
    Awards
Makes too much sense, no support.

Posted Image

Posted 03 August 2023 - 06:38 PM #16

Moe

Community Manager

Moe

• Time spent:
      247d 12h 32m 17s

• Previous username:
    IM Moe

• Total level:
    Awards

?????????????

nothing more to say

This wouldn't be a topic if staff team were choosen like in the old day. Now all you need to do is to yell 15-20 time a day '' pm for help '' and that it, you became part of the staff team. Just take someone that everyone on server love and is actually dedicated in the game. Server is slowly dieing and IMO it's cause of the bad moderation.

What are you talking about? Staff handle every case properly and we have not had any issues. Also promotions/recruitment to staff happen behind the scenes, and we have standards by the way. So I am sorry to say you guys are just upset because we allow people to have a second chance after learning from their mistake. The ones that abuse this chance, get re-punished. If you have an issue with our system, feel free to address it privately to me.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 105 user(s)