George
Super Donator

George

• Time spent:
      1d 2h 25m 5s

• Total level:

What is your suggestion?:

Multiple Wilderness Suggestions;

Entangle re-freeze is still broken originally fixed back in 2017, never actually fixed. Players still run through a freeze if clicked on the minimap, same with barrage i believe.

Casting of a spell & or attack, when tele-ing to target there is about a 2-tick delay causing 90% of targets to instantly teleport if they are paying attention, this needs fixing.

Ironman PvP, when killing a player it completely removes the loot from the game, the items should drop to the floor and appear if loot keys are not turned on.

Revenants; Why have 1,2 & 4m only emblems from them? This is meant to be HIGH RISK, HIGH REWARD please add a full drop table to them not only would it increase wilderness activity but would give a potential draw to other eco-pvp players to join the game, currently the wilderness is a terrible source of "hourly" gp gain, please please please add the full emblems to revenants, and add PvP weapons/armour to Maledictus.

Is this in OSRS?: Yes

Has this suggestion been accepted already?: No?

How would this benefit Alora?:

More eco-pvp players to join the game, with the launch of mobile & competitions this could potentially bring new players to the scene, having broken simple mechanics will deter those players to stay. 

Having HIGH RISK, HIGH REWARD in the wilderness will promote the activity of that area.

I understand Alora is primarily Irons & PvMers but this server has so much potential, I don't see why the wilderness should be neglected?

Posted 18 October 2023 - 04:47 AM #2

Shockre
User

Shockre
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      3d 6h 22m 29s

• Total level:
    Awards

If you get pked by Ironmanm, he should get key that he can transfer to his normie account. At least that is how it works in OSRS.

Posted 18 October 2023 - 04:48 AM #3

George
Super Donator

George

• Time spent:
      1d 2h 25m 5s

• Total level:

If you get pked by Ironmanm, he should get key that he can transfer to his normie account. At least that is how it works in OSRS.

Only if they have keys activated. (Same as osrs, also stated)

Posted 18 October 2023 - 04:53 AM #4

Mhu
Ironman

Mhu
Clan: Ice

• Time spent:
      7d 22h 5m 49s

• Total level:
    Awards

Agreed with Ironman's receiving Loot key's if they are activated, so they can transfer it to main accounts.

Revenant's are already very good money making in wilderness with not much of a risk, in my opinion.

Team Recaras

Posted 18 October 2023 - 04:55 AM #5

George
Super Donator

George

• Time spent:
      1d 2h 25m 5s

• Total level:

Agreed with Ironman's receiving Loot key's if they are activated, so they can transfer it to main accounts.

Revenant's are already very good money making in wilderness with not much of a risk, in my opinion.

Team Recaras

I don't think they are at all, infact quite frankly they're not. I do revenants in over 100m risk, red skulled for around 20m/hour? That is not good. Especially when its the risk involved. Why is everything else on here the same as OSRS and the drop tables in the wilderness not?

Posted 18 October 2023 - 04:57 AM #6

Shockre
User

Shockre

• Time spent:
      3d 6h 22m 29s

• Total level:
    Awards

I don't think they are at all, infact quite frankly they're not. I do revenants in over 100m risk, red skulled for around 20m/hour? That is not good. Especially when its the risk involved. Why is everything else on here the same as OSRS and the drop tables in the wilderness not?

You don't have to risk 100m at revenents, you can do black dhide or void + crystal bow and be redskulled, you will make good money that way without risking anything. 

Posted 18 October 2023 - 04:59 AM #7

George
Super Donator

George

• Time spent:
      1d 2h 25m 5s

• Total level:

You don't have to risk 100m at revenents, you can do black dhide or void + crystal bow and be redskulled, you will make good money that way without risking anything. 

This is the argument, it needs to increase activity and be viable. If you want to rag it and have minimal kills p/hour vs someone who wants max kills per hour, thats the difference.

This suggestion is all about increasing activity and making an area of the game an equal to others. No where else in this game you have to risk your items to get rewarded, so why not?

Posted 18 October 2023 - 05:03 AM #8

Shader
Elite Ironman

Shader

• Time spent:
      12d 6h 43m 4s

• Previous username:
    Eim shader

• Total level:
    Awards

The only things I really support here is the rev loot and loot keys. 

If the refreeze doesn't work they way it's supposed to then it should be fixed but as far as I'm aware it's a 5 tick timer of immunity to freezes after you are unfrozen on OSRS. 

The whole point of the delay is to give an opportunity of escape to whoever the target is. And most of the time the spell is cast on the same tick the teleport is cast only if the other player is paying attention. They should not get punished when they are doing what they're supposed to do to get away. Suggesting that the timer be reduced will only serve to cause the wilderness to be more dead than it already is because no one would want to get tbed before they even have an honest chance to react. 

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted 18 October 2023 - 05:10 AM #9

George
Super Donator

George

• Time spent:
      1d 2h 25m 5s

• Total level:

The only things I really support here is the rev loot and loot keys. 

If the refreeze doesn't work they way it's supposed to then it should be fixed but as far as I'm aware it's a 5 tick timer of immunity to freezes after you are unfrozen on OSRS. 

The whole point of the delay is to give an opportunity of escape to whoever the target is. And most of the time the spell is cast on the same tick the teleport is cast only if the other player is paying attention. They should not get punished when they are doing what they're supposed to do to get away. Suggesting that the timer be reduced will only serve to cause the wilderness to be more dead than it already is because no one would want to get tbed before they even have an honest chance to react. 

Immunity isn't what i'm talking about, actually casting of the spell players can run through a freeze/re-freeze. I understand PvP to a T, been in the scene for over 18 years. Hope this clears this up.

"And most of the time the spell is cast on the same tick the teleport is cast only if the other player is paying attention."  This isn't the case, there is a genuine delay when tele-ing to a target (not intended)

Posted 18 October 2023 - 06:00 AM #10

Ghost
Ironman

Ghost

• Time spent:
      11d 12h 51m 38s

• Previous username:
    Xero Ghost

• Total level:
    Awards

@ George They already took out the ability to have text in chat when you get tele'd on, having the ability to tele to a target and have a pre selected freeze/TB go off the millisecond you tele in on them so they can't escape is the dumbest thing I've ever heard suggested. Alora's PK scene is mainly killing PvMers and Irons, ego boosting for streak broadcasts,  if you're struggling with that I suggest going back to OS instead of trying to get Omi to give you yet another advantage. Not sure if you realize but Tele-to-target isn't even a usable spell on OS outside of BH so you already have a massive advantage. If you can't capitalize on that, sounds more like a skill issue.

5Q41UBU.gif

Posted 18 October 2023 - 06:05 AM #11

George
Super Donator

George

• Time spent:
      1d 2h 25m 5s

• Total level:

@ George They already took out the ability to have text in chat when you get tele'd on, having the ability to tele to a target and have a pre selected freeze/TB go off the millisecond you tele in on them so they can't escape is the dumbest thing I've ever heard suggested. Alora's PK scene is mainly killing PvMers and Irons, ego boosting for streak broadcasts,  if you're struggling with that I suggest going back to OS instead of trying to get Omi to give you yet another advantage. Not sure if you realize but Tele-to-target isn't even a usable spell on OS outside of BH so you already have a massive advantage. If you can't capitalize on that, sounds more like a skill issue.

This has to be one of the most anti-pvp comments I've ever seen, the game is intended for players to be killed in the WILDERNESS, it is not an advantage when it is apart of the main game, this game is created upon. I think you should keep sided comments to yourself, especially if it isn't constructive in anyway shape or form. Please keep this thread free from uneducated un-needed toxic responses. It's here for a discussion, and to answer you skill is definitely not an issue, having the correct coding however is required.

Thank you.

Posted 18 October 2023 - 06:13 AM #12

Ghost
Ironman

Ghost

• Time spent:
      11d 12h 51m 38s

• Previous username:
    Xero Ghost

• Total level:
    Awards

This has to be one of the most anti-pvp comments I've ever seen, the game is intended for players to be killed in the WILDERNESS, it is not an advantage when it is apart of the main game, this game is created upon. I think you should keep sided comments to yourself, especially if it isn't constructive in anyway shape or form. Please keep this thread free from uneducated un-needed toxic responses. It's here for a discussion, and to answer you skill is definitely not an issue, having the correct coding however is required.

Thank you.

I go in the Wild constantly and don't care if I die, if you can get a TB or proper freeze off on me than hats off to you. I never risk anything worth the struggle so it's more just fun for me. Aside from the 'Anti-PvP' feeling my comment gives off it's entirely true. You're clearly new to Alora and there was an update not long ago dealing with tele-to-target. Originally you'd get a chat message showing when you got tele'd on giving you a small head start to tele out or run. Now you don't get that anymore, so to suggest being able to TB/Freeze someone who wouldn't even have more than a literal millisecond or second to realize and tp out or run, because 'it is not an advantage when it is apart of the main game, this game is created upon' it just sounds like you can't capitalize on every single tele to target you cast that is definitely a skill issue. Also as a reminder this is a suggestions post, my criticisms don't need to be constructive if there's no positives in your suggestion except benefitting the PKer even more than they were during the last change.

5Q41UBU.gif

Posted 18 October 2023 - 06:14 AM #13

Mhu
Ironman

Mhu

• Time spent:
      7d 22h 5m 49s

• Total level:
    Awards

@ George few ticks delay is nothing, keep in mind, large amount of people who plays Alora are European's which makes us already have 2-3 tick delays every time, so that is pretty logical that there are few ticks delays on attacking after TP'ing in.

Posted 18 October 2023 - 06:15 AM #14

George
Super Donator

George

• Time spent:
      1d 2h 25m 5s

• Total level:

@ George few ticks delay is nothing, keep in mind, large amount of people who plays Alora are European's which makes us already have 2-3 tick delays every time, so that is pretty logical that there are few ticks delays on attacking after TP'ing in.

Understood, even with 100 ping, it shouldn't be as delayed as it is. It's almost as if there is a significant pause once clicked and then the character reacts. I'm sure even on 5 ping, it's the same.

Posted 18 October 2023 - 06:18 AM #15

Mhu
Ironman

Mhu

• Time spent:
      7d 22h 5m 49s

• Total level:
    Awards

@ George i am constantly playing on 100+ ping while having an ultra fast internet and decent computer, i am 3tick delaying everywhere in the game always, so i would agree that PK'ers would be able to attack instantly after tp'ing if we get same ping without delays as someone who plays in area of Alora server location.

Posted 18 October 2023 - 06:23 AM #16

George
Super Donator

George

• Time spent:
      1d 2h 25m 5s

• Total level:

I go in the Wild constantly and don't care if I die, if you can get a TB or proper freeze off on me than hats off to you. I never risk anything worth the struggle so it's more just fun for me. Aside from the 'Anti-PvP' feeling my comment gives off it's entirely true. You're clearly new to Alora and there was an update not long ago dealing with tele-to-target. Originally you'd get a chat message showing when you got tele'd on giving you a small head start to tele out or run. Now you don't get that anymore, so to suggest being able to TB/Freeze someone who wouldn't even have more than a literal millisecond or second to realize and tp out or run, because 'it is not an advantage when it is apart of the main game, this game is created upon' it just sounds like you can't capitalize on every single tele to target you cast that is definitely a skill issue. Also as a reminder this is a suggestions post, my criticisms don't need to be constructive if there's no positives in your suggestion except benefitting the PKer even more than they were during the last change.

This is a suggestion you're right, I've played Alora on and off since 2017. This has been a problem since then! It's not intended, stop being ridiculous now it's quite boring. Having a message saying you've been teled on is probably the most anti-wilderness thing i've ever heard, THANK GOD it's been removed.

I see this is going to be a one-sided street with irons & PvMers, imagine destroying the integrity of the game for someone who as you state "doesn't risk anything worth the struggle".

I guess the other implementations would be nice atleast?

Posted 18 October 2023 - 06:33 AM #17

Ghost
Ironman

Ghost

• Time spent:
      11d 12h 51m 38s

• Previous username:
    Xero Ghost

• Total level:
    Awards

This is a suggestion you're right, I've played Alora on and off since 2017. This has been a problem since then! It's not intended, stop being ridiculous now it's quite boring. Having a message saying you've been teled on is probably the most anti-wilderness thing i've ever heard, THANK GOD it's been removed.

I see this is going to be a one-sided street with irons & PvMers, imagine destroying the integrity of the game for someone who as you state "risking anything worth the struggle".

I guess the other implementations would be nice atleast?

I mean the server consists of mainly Irons and PvM, so you wouldn't destroy the integrity of the game even if you put in an RS3 style PvP toggle because theres no real PvP. The closest thing you get to real PvP is during PvP events, or 1v1ing at edge ditch. Otherwise it's just hunting rev caves, skill spots, and tele-to-target runs on PvMers. I'm not trying to take shots but i'm just calling it as it is. Look at all the people who go on 100+ killstreaks, they login like once a week to ego boost off a broadcast and don't even fight anyone who fights back or risks. I get your frustration as a PKer you want the game to work as intended, but it already doesn't since the skill of hunting targets is no longer in the game as long as you can teleport to them. I have no problems with any of your other suggestions, I just don't think we should make it even easier for a PKer to kill a target after they tele when you already have the biggest advantage of being able to teleport directly to that target. If you don't believe me just go and look at the Server Media section of the forums for PvP content, shits been dead since Peeks, LADS, Liths, etc all stopped. When we had clan action the wild was fun, there was tons of funny banter and content, now it's just ego boosting.

5Q41UBU.gif

Posted 18 October 2023 - 06:37 AM #18

George
Super Donator

George

• Time spent:
      1d 2h 25m 5s

• Total level:

I mean the server consists of mainly Irons and PvM, so you wouldn't destroy the integrity of the game even if you put in an RS3 style PvP toggle because theres no real PvP. The closest thing you get to real PvP is during PvP events, or 1v1ing at edge ditch. Otherwise it's just hunting rev caves, skill spots, and tele-to-target runs on PvMers. I'm not trying to take shots but i'm just calling it as it is. Look at all the people who go on 100+ killstreaks, they login like once a week to ego boost off a broadcast and don't even fight anyone who fights back or risks. I get your frustration as a PKer you want the game to work as intended, but it already doesn't since the skill of hunting targets is no longer in the game as long as you can teleport to them. I have no problems with any of your other suggestions, I just don't think we should make it even easier for a PKer to kill a target after they tele when you already have the biggest advantage of being able to teleport directly to that target. If you don't believe me just go and look at the Server Media section of the forums for PvP content, shits been dead since Peeks, LADS, Liths, etc all stopped. When we had clan action the wild was fun, there was tons of funny banter and content, now it's just ego boosting.

You keep referring to "ego boosting", maybe the toxic single clan members who still login from time to time but you can't brand the whole PvP community with that. There is a reason why all the PvP has left the server, it's due to lack of bug fixes & reason for the wilderness to be populated not to mention lack of marketing towards that side of the game. I cannot stress enough how much potential this game has to revitalise the wilderness & that scene. With the launch of the mobile app coming soon, this will hopefully bring an influx of new players, these simple implementations will aid in keeping normal players who enjoy PvP & the wilderness.

Posted 18 October 2023 - 08:46 AM #19

The Inferno
Group Ironman

The Inferno

• Time spent:
      4d 19h 49m 19s

• Total level:
    Awards

Big support to all the suggestions, would bring much needed interest to pvp content, which is at the moment completely dead.

Big potential for new pool of players onto server if wilderness wasn't completely neglected.

Posted 18 October 2023 - 10:53 AM #20

Monster Iron
Elite Ironman

Monster Iron
Clan: Alora

• Time spent:
      16d 5h 41m 46s

• Total level:

Entangle re-freeze is still broken originally fixed back in 2017, never actually fixed. Players still run through a freeze if clicked on the minimap, same with barrage i believe.

- I can support this. Assuming their isn't a refreeze times on OSRS, i've escaped a few times by breaking through a re-freeze.

Casting of a spell & or attack, when tele-ing to target there is about a 2-tick delay causing 90% of targets to instantly teleport if they are paying attention, this needs fixing.

- Not a huge fan of this one, the ability to teleport to your target already means that even I could rack up a streak if I wanted to.

Ironman PvP, when killing a player it completely removes the loot from the game, the items should drop to the floor and appear if loot keys are not turned on.

- Neutral, efficient item sink but can be annoying.

Revenants; Why have 1,2 & 4m only emblems from them? This is meant to be HIGH RISK, HIGH REWARD please add a full drop table to them not only would it increase wilderness activity but would give a potential draw to other eco-pvp players to join the game, currently the wilderness is a terrible source of "hourly" gp gain, please please please add the full emblems to revenants, and add PvP weapons/armour to Maledictus.

- The only part of this suggestion I agree with is that the Maledictus drop table could potentially be buffed. The normal revenants are already severely good gold/hour. (1.5m, 2.5m, 5m.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 66 user(s)