KP
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 14m 30s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

Full support of course. I believe that this would keep the pvp alive to some extent. 

A lot of attention, this really should be viewed by the staff. 100% Support. We really need this implemented.

We really need this update, please staff <3

thanks for the support guys <3

KP | One | Horus

298b959afb3954f5e6e256eadcf3063d.png

Posted 24 December 2017 - 05:30 PM #62

Wood 5 Smurf
Classic

Wood 5 Smurf

• Time spent:
      2d 7h 57m 14s

• Total level:
No support. It will be abused. If you want to pvp the swap gold rates are insane. Get a blowpipe on classic swap and be bis pvp gear on regular.

Posted 24 December 2017 - 05:45 PM #63

Watch Hentai
Classic

Watch Hentai
Clan: CLC

• Time spent:
      35d 10h 3m 8s

• Total level:
    Awards

No support. It will be abused. If you want to pvp the swap gold rates are insane. Get a blowpipe on classic swap and be bis pvp gear on regular.

Man idk what u want to tell me with that . Please rephrase it .

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 24 December 2017 - 05:52 PM #64

KP
Veteran

KP

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 14m 30s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

I can understand where you are coming from, but in all honesty you have no idea on what you are saying. 
1- It can already be abused. It will always be abused no matter what. And trust me, the way you can abuse now if most of the people knew about it, it would destroy both economies in a blink of an eye

2- Swapping is allowed but goes against the principles of the game itself. It goes against the fact that you have 2 seperate economies.

3- "get a blowpipe on classic swap and be bis pvp gear on regular" doesn't seem to be progressing on your classic account itself, let alone playing the gamemode and making it more healthy. If milking classic to be bis regular gear, are you even playing classic ? 

But anyways, thank you for your feedback.

KP | One | Horus

Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:15 PM #65

Rev 5 Smurf
Classic

Rev 5 Smurf

• Time spent:
      6h 55m 58s

• Total level:

I am playing classic level 110 already since i started. I plan on maxxing on my classic account aswell. Once you get extra drops blowpipe tent primordials on classic you can simply sell then swap it.

Swapping is in osrs I do it every DMM Seasonal its more of a gold sink at that point because the server resets every seasonal. Reguardless if it's allowed here why not use it.

If theres is a way to abuse the economy now I really wish you would PM the admins to try to get them to fix it.

If they give more pkp it will be abused.

If they drop gear.... well it will be easier for me to get a blowpipe on my classic :)

Clearly its a tricky suggestion even admins arent answering when the topic reached 4 pages.

"If milking classic to be bis regular gear, are you even playing classic ? " Classic can trade with other Classic accounts. Its why I picked Classic gamemode over ironman. x5 rates is a joke when youve been playing osrs for a long time.

But until they do fix it you guys who are maxxed already can just swap. No one is gonna be selling any of the super rare items like tbow for awhile so why not? you can feed your pvp itch

At least thats my plan I dont want to pvp on my classic and get zero loot. So I will swap and pk on a regular account.

Edit: Posted on my rev alt account. Its Wood 5 Smurf bby :)

Edited by Rev 5 Smurf, 25 December 2017 - 02:19 PM.

Posted 25 December 2017 - 05:01 PM #66

KP
Veteran

KP

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 14m 30s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

I am playing classic level 110 already since i started. I plan on maxxing on my classic account aswell. Once you get extra drops blowpipe tent primordials on classic you can simply sell then swap it.

Swapping is in osrs I do it every DMM Seasonal its more of a gold sink at that point because the server resets every seasonal. Reguardless if it's allowed here why not use it.

If theres is a way to abuse the economy now I really wish you would PM the admins to try to get them to fix it.

If they give more pkp it will be abused.

If they drop gear.... well it will be easier for me to get a blowpipe on my classic :)

Clearly its a tricky suggestion even admins arent answering when the topic reached 4 pages.

"If milking classic to be bis regular gear, are you even playing classic ? " Classic can trade with other Classic accounts. Its why I picked Classic gamemode over ironman. x5 rates is a joke when youve been playing osrs for a long time.

But until they do fix it you guys who are maxxed already can just swap. No one is gonna be selling any of the super rare items like tbow for awhile so why not? you can feed your pvp itch

At least thats my plan I dont want to pvp on my classic and get zero loot. So I will swap and pk on a regular account.

Edit: Posted on my rev alt account. Its Wood 5 Smurf bby :)

how can that be considered using a huge part of the game to progress on the account you work hard for ? its not an itch, its a part of the game i enjoy using to progress in  my classic account.
It is true that swapping exists, but  its like muleing on dmm, its used but frowned apon for various reasons."Regular account " are both game modes. they just have different xp rates and economies, do not forget we are not ironman, and it is obvious from the name of your  alt that you would never benefit from classics to be active in the wilderness.

KP | One | Horus

Posted 25 December 2017 - 07:56 PM #67

Rev 5 Smurf
Classic

Rev 5 Smurf

• Time spent:
      6h 55m 58s

• Total level:

Unless you can give a solid option that isnt abusable / able to have records to check if someone is abusing the new system then by all means go for it

Thats my biggest concern

Also pking is pking why do you need to pk on classic over normal mode

• KP likes this

Posted 25 December 2017 - 09:06 PM #68

KP
Veteran

KP

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 14m 30s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

Unless you can give a solid option that isnt abusable / able to have records to check if someone is abusing the new system then by all means go for it

Thats my biggest concern

Also pking is pking why do you need to pk on classic over normal mode

Pking is used as a form to progress your account just like any other thing you do in the game, it makes no sense to do it on another gamemode.

Abusing will be a staff concern , because every method can be abused, the current one specially, you can make  A LOT of money already by manipulating.

KP | One | Horus

Posted 27 December 2017 - 12:56 AM #69

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

I think one thing that could combat (no pun intended) this issue in the case that it rises is to put a combat level requirement, or even a playtime requirement before this actually works for a Classic player.

I'm going to give an example, not with levels/playtime I think should be exactly, more so to give an idea of how it could work.

• Getting EP-Based drops requires 100 Combat or more.
  • Getting EP-Based drops requires 5 Days Playtime or more.

Doing something along these lines could effectively stop, or at least lessen the amount of abuse something like this could get.

• KP likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 27 December 2017 - 09:50 AM #70

KP
Veteran

KP

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 14m 30s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

I think one thing that could combat (no pun intended) this issue in the case that it rises is to put a combat level requirement, or even a playtime requirement before this actually works for a Classic player.

I'm going to give an example, not with levels/playtime I think should be exactly, more so to give an idea of how it could work.

Doing something along these lines could effectively stop, or at least lessen the amount of abuse something like this could get.

Yeah this is a really good idea, but i would go more with the playtime option because the combat one would ruin a lot of account builds.

KP | One | Horus

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:50 PM #71

Abominable
Ironman

Abominable

• Time spent:
      2d 15h 44m 59s

• Total level:

100% support. btw your  a beast:D

• KP likes this

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:49 PM #72

KP
Veteran

KP

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 14m 30s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

100% support. btw your  a beast:D

very kind of you man, thank you ! :D

KP | One | Horus

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:59 PM #73

Vaklev
Ironman

Vaklev

• Time spent:
      8h 45m 28s

• Total level:

100% support would be soo fun and engaging!

• KP likes this

Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:15 AM #74

KP
Veteran

KP

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 14m 30s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

100% support would be soo fun and engaging!

Thank you man ,appreciate it  =)!

KP | One | Horus

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:59 AM #75

ClassicPomo
Classic

ClassicPomo

• Time spent:
      1d 1h 19m 58s

• Total level:

I strongly agree with this and desperately hope something similar is added. Pking as a classic has almost no benefit except for fun when fighting other classics. This would bring some life to the pvp scene, which desperately needs it

• KP likes this

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:13 PM #76

Desertions
Classic

Desertions

• Time spent:
      1d 17m 20s

• Total level:

as much as I want an incentive to pk regular accs, there's too many negatives that would come with it

the most obvious is merging vanilla and classic economies, regardless of 'playtime' restrictions. all it takes is some guy to make 5 alts, idle them for 5 days, and the dude is going to make bank by xferring items from regular to classic, then selling classic gp for reg, rinse and repeat.

classic only able to pk classic - vanilla only able to pk vanilla would be nice, as there's an enormous difference in stats between the two (vanilla can max in like 10 minutes, classic not even close) but could just as easily break the game in wilderness areas, such as revs. 

unfortunately not all problems have solutions, and this problem seems to be one of them due to the way everything is mapped out.

• KP likes this

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:56 PM #77

KP
Veteran

KP

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 14m 30s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

as much as I want an incentive to pk regular accs, there's too many negatives that would come with it

the most obvious is merging vanilla and classic economies, regardless of 'playtime' restrictions. all it takes is some guy to make 5 alts, idle them for 5 days, and the dude is going to make bank by xferring items from regular to classic, then selling classic gp for reg, rinse and repeat.

classic only able to pk classic - vanilla only able to pk vanilla would be nice, as there's an enormous difference in stats between the two (vanilla can max in like 10 minutes, classic not even close) but could just as easily break the game in wilderness areas, such as revs. 

unfortunately not all problems have solutions, and this problem seems to be one of them due to the way everything is mapped out.

there is always a solution my friend :)

KP | One | Horus

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:40 AM #78

Desertions
Classic

Desertions

• Time spent:
      1d 17m 20s

• Total level:

there is always a solution my friend :)

if you've got a seamless solution, be our guest and give us the way to fix it then. otherwise, classic pking normal with item drop is going to merge economies and highly devalue and saturate the classic economy.

because every method can be abused, the current one specially, you can make  A LOT of money already by manipulating.

if you know a current method and are admitting it, tell admins and get it fixed. 

my point is you've got the right mindset, pking incentives for classic would be really nice, however a solution isn't as simple as it seems. what can go wrong will go wrong, and any loophole will be abused - so think of them beforehand.

for example, Xuf's idea was to restrict it via cb level or playtime;

although on paper it sounds as a good idea, it still has many faults and could easily be abused.

The combat level requirement is a lose/lose situation. Setting combat requirement over 60 excludes pures from PKing vanillas, requirement under 60 is pointless because anyone can make a 60 acc in a matter of minutes.

The playtime limit is much more reasonable, but still so easily abusable. 5 days playtime, but i'm merging vanilla to my main... playtime no longer matters. Either people who haven't played long enough get screwed out of the situation, or just about every old player is able to merge economies without any problem. Another issue is just make 10 accs, idle them for less than a week, now i've got 10 moneymakers and 10 economy destroyers.

If you have a solution to all of this, please be the first to share.

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:29 PM #79

KP
Veteran

KP

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 14m 30s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

if you've got a seamless solution, be our guest and give us the way to fix it then. otherwise, classic pking normal with item drop is going to merge economies and highly devalue and saturate the classic economy.

if you know a current method and are admitting it, tell admins and get it fixed. 

my point is you've got the right mindset, pking incentives for classic would be really nice, however a solution isn't as simple as it seems. what can go wrong will go wrong, and any loophole will be abused - so think of them beforehand.

although on paper it sounds as a good idea, it still has many faults and could easily be abused.

The combat level requirement is a lose/lose situation. Setting combat requirement over 60 excludes pures from PKing vanillas, requirement under 60 is pointless because anyone can make a 60 acc in a matter of minutes.

The playtime limit is much more reasonable, but still so easily abusable. 5 days playtime, but i'm merging vanilla to my main... playtime no longer matters. Either people who haven't played long enough get screwed out of the situation, or just about every old player is able to merge economies without any problem. Another issue is just make 10 accs, idle them for less than a week, now i've got 10 moneymakers and 10 economy destroyers.

every  method will be abuseable in any scenario and not just for our gamemode. Keeping an eye in the wilderness and maintaining control is the key to  go foward on it overall.

KP | One | Horus

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:57 PM #80

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

Like I mentioned in the post you quoted, I didn’t give values for the examples because I thought those exact values should be the way it is. I was just trying to get the main point across. Also I know preparing say a level ~60 account does not take minutes on Classic so I doubt it would be abused all that often. As for what I mentioned about the playtime, once again I did not give values for the purpose of creating an exact amount of playtime required. It was to get the point across.

Regardless of any content added to the game people are always going to find a way to abuse it. That is why we have staff members to look over the tweaks and to make sure if anyone is abusing them to put a stop to it or make changes if necessary.
  • KP likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 5 user(s)