KP
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m 20s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

Like I mentioned in the post you quoted, I didn’t give values for the examples because I thought those exact values should be the way it is. I was just trying to get the main point across. Also I know preparing say a level ~60 account does not take minutes on Classic so I doubt it would be abused all that often. As for what I mentioned about the playtime, once again I did not give values for the purpose of creating an exact amount of playtime required. It was to get the point across.

Regardless of any content added to the game people are always going to find a way to abuse it. That is why we have staff members to look over the tweaks and to make sure if anyone is abusing them to put a stop to it or make changes if necessary.

^ this is exactly what i talked about, there is always a way to abuse every pvp related update. That should not be used as an excuse not to move foward in an environment that is currently dead.

KP | One | Horus

298b959afb3954f5e6e256eadcf3063d.png

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:39 PM #82

Desertions
Classic

Desertions

• Time spent:
      1d 17m 20s

• Total level:

Like I mentioned in the post you quoted, I didn’t give values for the examples because I thought those exact values should be the way it is. I was just trying to get the main point across. Also I know preparing say a level ~60 account does not take minutes on Classic so I doubt it would be abused all that often. As for what I mentioned about the playtime, once again I did not give values for the purpose of creating an exact amount of playtime required. It was to get the point across.

Regardless of any content added to the game people are always going to find a way to abuse it. That is why we have staff members to look over the tweaks and to make sure if anyone is abusing them to put a stop to it or make changes if necessary.

i understood that you were using placeholder values, which is why i even changed up the example numbers to prove that there really is no suitable number for both sides.

^ this is exactly what i talked about, there is always a way to abuse every pvp related update. That should not be used as an excuse not to move foward in an environment that is currently dead.

if one issue is hardly abusable and isn't ruining game eco, and another issue is detrimentally abusable to the point where both ingame economies merge, why would you use that excuse to go with the detrimentally abusable one? "everyone can abuse everything" is an invalid excuse and with that attitude will just come horrific updates that get exploited way further than others.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:08 PM #83

KP
Veteran

KP

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m 20s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

i understood that you were using placeholder values, which is why i even changed up the example numbers to prove that there really is no suitable number for both sides.

if one issue is hardly abusable and isn't ruining game eco, and another issue is detrimentally abusable to the point where both ingame economies merge, why would you use that excuse to go with the detrimentally abusable one? "everyone can abuse everything" is an invalid excuse and with that attitude will just come horrific updates that get exploited way further than others.

who said its not damaging the eco already  ?

KP | One | Horus

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:38 PM #84

Desertions
Classic

Desertions

• Time spent:
      1d 17m 20s

• Total level:

who said its not damaging the eco already  ?

the current status of the eco does?

eco is not damaged, any proof that it is?

ecos have seperate values, classic being 4x of vanilla

if ecos were damaged, they would be of same value

and you dodged a lot of my main concerns lol

i'm not here to bash your idea but i don't see this being a reasonable solution, nor how someone could

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:47 PM #85

Watch Hentai
Classic

Watch Hentai
Clan: CLC

• Time spent:
      35d 10h 3m 8s

• Total level:
    Awards

the current status of the eco does?

eco is not damaged, any proof that it is?

ecos have seperate values, classic being 4x of vanilla

if ecos were damaged, they would be of same value

and you dodged a lot of my main concerns lol

i'm not here to bash your idea but i don't see this being a reasonable solution, nor how someone could

Have you just created this classic account to bang on this topic or do you really enjoy classic pking and support a change for the risk we take ?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:11 PM #86

Desertions
Classic

Desertions

• Time spent:
      1d 17m 20s

• Total level:

Have you just created this classic account to bang on this topic or do you really enjoy classic pking and support a change for the risk we take ?

i've only played classic on alora, and i'm not trying to 'bang on this topic', i'm trying to show you guys how unreasonable this really is.

is nobody here realizing how easy it is to just ruin both game ecos with this? even if nobody abuses it, classic economy will just get overly saturated with pvp items.

that's also a loaded question if i've ever seen one lmao

im not banging the topic, NOR do i "support a change for the risk we take". i'm saying think of another solution if you so deeply want classic pking on vanillas.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:43 PM #87

KP
Veteran

KP

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m 20s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

i've only played classic on alora, and i'm not trying to 'bang on this topic', i'm trying to show you guys how unreasonable this really is.

is nobody here realizing how easy it is to just ruin both game ecos with this? even if nobody abuses it, classic economy will just get overly saturated with pvp items.

that's also a loaded question if i've ever seen one lmao

im not banging the topic, NOR do i "support a change for the risk we take". i'm saying think of another solution if you so deeply want classic pking on vanillas.

there is plenty of suggestions/feedback in the topic itself. It is not only my suggestion that is being taken into consideration. It's the fact that bones is not enough. And i will say it as many times as needed : Pking is already in shambles as it is, can already be really abused and there is no way you will never impact the economy when a pvp change is taken into  consideration.

+ like i stated before, you can 4x your money each kill in its current state.

KP | One | Horus

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:18 PM #88

Desertions
Classic

Desertions

• Time spent:
      1d 17m 20s

• Total level:

there is plenty of suggestions/feedback in the topic itself. It is not only my suggestion that is being taken into consideration. It's the fact that bones is not enough. And i will say it as many times as needed : Pking is already in shambles as it is, can already be really abused and there is no way you will never impact the economy when a pvp change is taken into  consideration.

+ like i stated before, you can 4x your money each kill in its current state.

no, you can't 4x money in it's current state; you can liquidate your classic to vanilla but you can't xfer vanilla to classic directly.

and there are some ways to have it not impact the economy with a pvp change, having split combats for vanilla v. vanilla only or classic v. classic only has no affect on merging economies. the items in the classic economy stay in the classic economy, and the items in the vanilla economy stay in the vanilla economy; so that's debunked.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:50 PM #89

KP
Veteran

KP

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m 20s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

no, you can't 4x money in it's current state; you can liquidate your classic to vanilla but you can't xfer vanilla to classic directly.

and there are some ways to have it not impact the economy with a pvp change, having split combats for vanilla v. vanilla only or classic v. classic only has no affect on merging economies. the items in the classic economy stay in the classic economy, and the items in the vanilla economy stay in the vanilla economy; so that's debunked.

So if you kill your reg acc with void,get the  2M ,rebuy it in the normal for  how much it is, you are not profiting?

KP | One | Horus

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:39 PM #90

Desertions
Classic

Desertions

• Time spent:
      1d 17m 20s

• Total level:

So if you kill your reg acc with void,get the  2M ,rebuy it in the normal for  how much it is, you are not profiting?

Notice how that exploit is easily fixable, by setting void pk reward to <1/4th of the void buyback rate, as well as how that's not merging economies.

Got a solution for the inevitable merging in-game economies? That's literally all I've been asking this entire time, but to this post you still haven't given a clear solution.

If there were a solution that isn't as abusable as the current state, then I would be absolutely 100% for it, especially as a classic.

But I would absolutely hate if this suggestion was accepted the way it is now, as the classic econ would just get saturated.

• KP likes this

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:50 PM #91

KP
Veteran

KP

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m 20s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

Notice how that exploit is easily fixable, by setting void pk reward to <1/4th of the void buyback rate, as well as how that's not merging economies.

Got a solution for the inevitable merging in-game economies? That's literally all I've been asking this entire time, but to this post you still haven't given a clear solution.

If there were a solution that isn't as abusable as the current state, then I would be absolutely 100% for it, especially as a classic.

But I would absolutely hate if this suggestion was accepted the way it is now, as the classic econ would just get saturated.

I see that we have different views on the topic, but i respect your opinion. Looking for voiders as the best loot you can get is beyond pathetic and goes against the spirit of the wilderness. Thank you for your input.

KP | One | Horus

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:35 PM #92

Try Brid
Donator

Try Brid

• Time spent:
      9d 9h 27m 20s

• Total level:
    Awards

I myself 100% support this. Im not even a n avid classic player. But I do believe it would be nice for the classic community if they had some sort of reward system put in place. It would get more people out in the wilderness. The only thing is that it would have to be a system that could not be abused. Or else it would just crash the classic economy from the certain people who always decide to figure out a way to abuse the system (theres always a few of these people). Overall I support this fully!

Try_Brid_Signature.png?width=710&height=

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:57 AM #93

KP
Veteran

KP

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m 20s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

I myself 100% support this. Im not even a n avid classic player. But I do believe it would be nice for the classic community if they had some sort of reward system put in place. It would get more people out in the wilderness. The only thing is that it would have to be a system that could not be abused. Or else it would just crash the classic economy from the certain people who always decide to figure out a way to abuse the system (theres always a few of these people). Overall I support this fully!

Thank you for supporting ! =)

KP | One | Horus

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:30 AM #94

Classymate
Classic

Classymate

• Time spent:
      24d 5h 36m

• Total level:

The EP system or somewhat same kind of system would be awesome imo.

PK Emblems are a way of getting some profit thru pking though

• KP likes this

2018-04-28_18-48-16.gif

Posted 27 January 2018 - 02:40 PM #95

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

I personally love all of the attention this thread got, not only because I am classic but also because it's really nice to see how great of a community we have when it comes to creating ideas and putting our heads together. The community here on Alora is the best honestly.

OT: I have talked extensively with Omicron about doing something about Classic PvP and tried to come up with ideas to figure out something to better the situation. Unfortunately the Bounty Hunter/EP system did not make the cut/didn't seem like the right approach, but what I can say is that Classic PvP is on the radar when it comes to future updates and something will be done soon™. The main point of this suggestion is to fix Classic PvP but the direct suggestions I have got from this thread are to add a EP-based system, which will not be added to Alora.

I am going to add something to the list in terms of doing something about Classic PvP so it's there and can be read/looked at in the future. But as of now this post will be closed.

• KP likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 5 user(s)