Alting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Posted 11 June 2019 - 05:02 AM #1

GSXR
Donator

GSXR

• Total level:
What are your thoughts on using a second account to farm gp?

From my understanding, the server allows you to play a second account provided that they do not carry out the same activity.

E. G: I have previously alted at revs while killing zulrah on main and made a stupid amount of gp.

Should it be allowed?

Posted 11 June 2019 - 05:44 AM #2

Vxr
Ironman

Vxr

• Time spent:
      5d 16h 42m 32s

• Total level:
    Awards
Why shouldn’t it? It’s totally legal on old school, plus many people have multiple accounts of different Ironman modes and for me I have a group iron man and a regular iron man and if I’m doing something afk on one account I’ll focus the other would suck not to be able to do this, I’m sure many will agree.

Posted 11 June 2019 - 05:48 AM #3

Switchstop7
Group Ironman

Switchstop7
Clan: Dadman Mode

• Time spent:
      6d 4h 38m 4s

• Total level:

I feel like the multilogging rule should be looked at for this reason.

The description of it states that "we do not allow multi-logging to gain an excessive advantage over other users", but in the rules, there's nothing against a situation as you've stated.

I think it should be rewritten in way that clearly and effectively states how to allow multilogging.

Why shouldn’t it? It’s totally legal on old school, plus many people have multiple accounts of different Ironman modes and for me I have a group iron man and a regular iron man and if I’m doing something afk on one account I’ll focus the other would suck not to be able to do this, I’m sure many will agree.

I believe you're missing the main point of his post.

He's saying using 2 accounts to farm gold/items twice as fast, not playing two different accounts that are incapable of interacting with each other.

I have a GIM and a realism account, and that is obviously allowed from the multilogging rule, but at the moment there's nothing stopping two normal accounts to be logged in at the same time to farm different money making techniques. That would provide a significant advantage in the game over someone only playing on one account.

"It takes 3 seconds to say I love you, but a lifetime to remember you never did."

My Musics: https://soundcloud.com/steve-and-the-believers

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#Grind

Spoiler

Posted 11 June 2019 - 07:27 AM #4

Gp
Veteran

Gp
Clan: Callidus

• Time spent:
      56d 15h 10m 19s

• Previous username:
    UIM Gp

• Total level:
    Awards

Imo the rule should not be extended to money-making. I could train woodcutting on one account and kill zulrah on another, if i then sell the magic logs would that count as multilogging money-making or would it be the case that on one acc I was making money through PvM and on the other acc I was skilling?

Further extensions of the rules/restrictions just makes it harder to implement the rules consistently. Plus I don't think there's a problem if you want to make money on two accounts. You put more effort in so you get more rewards out! :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 11 June 2019 - 10:41 AM #5

MT
Veteran

MT
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

• Previous username:
    Moral Truth

• Total level:
    Awards
Pretty much agree with @ UIM Gp on this one. It’s not against the rules if the player is doing different activities on multiple accounts to make money. I feel the mutilogging rule should not be extended to money-making as there’s different ways to make money in this game, and it would be much more difficult to implement/enforce on a consistent basis.

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 11 June 2019 - 02:40 PM #6

Realitea
User

Realitea

• Time spent:
      14d 2h 43m 37s

• Total level:
I don't know that I have an opinion either way on it. From my limited experience while playing realism mode, the second account has been invaluable - especially as a solo player.

I've not used it for money making as such, but the resources I farmed (mainly essence and blue dragons) have progressed me so much further and really increased the pace of the game. It seems most people have done the same and without it clans would have a much bigger advantage... Which I suppose is subjective as to whether or not that's a good thing.

5qqjm84.pngN134QcX.png

First Realism Player to Achieve 1,200 Total - Achieved on 8th June 2019 | First Realism Player to Achieve 1,800 Total - Achieved on 20th June 2019

First Realism Player to Achieve 2,000 Total - Achieved on 18th July 2019

Posted 11 June 2019 - 05:55 PM #7

Vape Tricks
Ex-Staff

Vape Tricks
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      43d 34m 30s

• Total level:
    Awards

There are great areas in certain rules for these reasons. Yeah, one situation might be against the rules in a way but another similar situation isn't. OSRS allows you to do the exact same thing at the same spot on the same accounts, this is because their eco is very stable. if many people were to start doing that on here, the eco would crash and it would devalue many things. So we can't allow that. "Money making"is a very general term as you can sell basically anything. So you can't enforce that. To address the same game mode thing, many people have skillers and mains. They will afk the skiller while the main bosses or whatever. They can interact to trade items over etc. So really, you could have 1 account farming rune drags for bars and another making dart tips from said bars. Without being able to  multi log I believe there would be a decrease in overall players, not just the count, for reasons I stated above. 

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support on March 27th, 2019

Demoted from Sever Support on April 15th, 2019

Promoted to Server Support on May 19th, 2019

Promoted to Server Moderator on June 15th, 2019

Promoted to Forum Moderator on December 21st, 2019

Demoted to Server Moderator on March 8th, 2020

Vape Tricks - Maxed GIM

0ptimuscope - Maxed Normie

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guides

Horror from the Deep

Farming Guild Contracts

Farm Runs

Alll-in-One Ironman

Support Tools

Two-Factor Authentication

Client Issues

Staff List

Appeals

Rules

Posted 23 June 2019 - 02:17 AM #8

KingHC
Super Donator

KingHC

• Time spent:
      1d 1h 49m 7s

• Total level:

So much grey area in the rule, I don't see why playing two accounts should be against the rules, but doing a Lynx Titan and playing 6 accounts is pretty bad.

Posted 05 July 2019 - 10:57 PM #9

Penis Goose
Donator

Penis Goose

• Total level:

I feel like it should be completely allowed, I feel like most people tend to play one account anyways

Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:42 PM #10

Theatric
Ironman

Theatric
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      6d 16h 17m 44s

• Total level:
    Awards

Pretty much agree with @ UIM Gp on this one. It’s not against the rules if the player is doing different activities on multiple accounts to make money. I feel the mutilogging rule should not be extended to money-making as there’s different ways to make money in this game, and it would be much more difficult to implement/enforce on a consistent basis.

I think this reply 100% sums up my opinion on this topic too. The consistency of enforcing a rule like that would be very difficult and often impractical in my opinion too. Nonetheless, the ideology behind changing the rule to be more effective in stopping gp farming is definitely good to consider too.

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support on July 21st, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on August 31st, 2019.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 129 user(s)