4 replies to this topic

Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:56 AM #1

Yuppers
Group Ironman

Yuppers

• Time spent:
      7h 14m 16s

• Total level:

I'd like to start off this thread by saying I understand what I'm suggesting is LOTS of work but this server is already so incredibly polished that I think it's worth mentioning these and it would be interesting to hear other people's opinions.

[Slayer]

Slayer is potentially one of the most important skills in this game especially for Ironmen, but the slayer skill on this server seems a little lack-luster imo. There's barely anything to spend your slayer points on and the things that you can spend your points on make little-to-no sense.

My Suggestions would be;

• Re-vamp the Slayer Points Shop, make it so you can unlock things, like boss tasks, ability to make slayer rings, slayer helm, superiors etc.
  • Potentially add a second currency to the slayer shop (Slayer Coins or something) to allow the wacky items such as Torso / Spear to be bought from the shop. *
  • Boss Slayer Master ?

*This would be unlocked via a reward using slayer points. When killing a monster on task it would have a chance to drop a small amount of the currency, which you can then save up to buy Zammy Spear, Torso etc. This would give more value to points imo. Whilst ofc still keeping the slayer shop somewhat similar as I'm sure there are players that have played on this server for years that like it the way it is.

[Ironman Gamemode]

• I appreciate that IM Mode is meant to be a challenging mode etc and it makes complete sense that IM cannot access the crazy OP RSPS shops, but I think it would be a nice welcome change to allow the IM to access the open world shops, like Rune Store, Sword Shops, Bob's Axes etc, to allow them to progress through the lower tier weaponry with more ease.
  • Group Ironman Bank, First of all I'd just like to say well done on creating such an amazing shared bank its almost completely flawless. There are a few key potions missing from the Shared potions tabs, Super Combat is the most obvious one I appreciate this could be due to space limitation but I think it could be worth removing lower tier potions to allow the higher ones to remain in the supply slots? Could be worth looking at these again just for a small QOL update

[Client]

• RuneLite, would it ever be possible to implement RuneLite? I appreciate it would be LOADS of work and means everyone would have to download a new client but its a very polished product and would save dev time as they would no longer have to create plugins to mimic RL.

[Combat]

• Sandcrabs - I have no idea what is wrong with Sandcrabs on this server... but they are pretty broken. A lot of the sand crabs are locked in their standing state and will not attack you unless attacked, and even upon re-spawning will instantly be locked into their standing state. This is not an aggro issue as I have tested this multiple times over the past few days with and without aggro and they still remain locked in their standing state.

I appreciate for a new player I'm coming in and causing a lot of noise, but that is because I genuinely really like this server and think it has amazing potential.

I'm more than happy to discuss any points with anyone and if anyone else has any suggestions then please chuck them in the thread!!

Thanks,

Yuppers

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:49 AM #2

MT
Veteran

MT
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

• Previous username:
    Moral Truth

• Total level:
    Awards
Nieve/Steve can assign extreme (boss) tasks when you reach 111 combat, which is reasonable so you don’t have to struggle as much with some of the bosses. Besides that, Krystilia assigns wilderness boss tasks disregarding your combat/slayer level, and Konar can assign hydra tasks which needed to kill Alchemical Hydra on task (95 Slayer). Don’t think it’s needed to make boss slayer a perk to unlock at the slayer shop, as getting your combat/slayer level up is grindy enough for ironmen. The slayer helm just requires 55 Crafting to make, which is fine and should not be a perk. Slayer rings are worthless as we have the Teleport Wizard to get to our tasks, so that should not be a perk added into the shop either. Lastly, superiors are pretty rare to get while on tasks, and would not really be a good investment in the long run as you would be better off buying an imbuement scroll for your slayer helm and/or your rings. And besides, not all monsters have superior variants.

The slayer points system is fine as is, and does not need to be in the form of slayer coins. I feel some supplies should be added into the shop like how it is with LMS. Then again, we have Brimstone Keys from Konar tasks and Larren’s Key from Krystilia tasks which can give us supplies. Perhaps the ability to extend certain tasks we get as perks. An example would be a perk to extend abyssal demon tasks, or a perk to extend aberrant spectre tasks, and so forth. Another idea would be a perk to extend the 35 kc cap for extreme tasks. Just some suggestions I’m throwing in there.

Yes, ironman modes are meant to be more challenging compared to normal mode, hence why they are limited on what shops they can use. Giving them access to those shops would make those game modes too easy. The least you’ll get is a starter pack with early game gear/supplies. Also, you’re able to auto-complete all PvP achievements by speaking to Paul in Edgeville after 10 hours total playtime, which is a great way to get a lot of achievement points early game to buy an Ardy Cloak or even Karamja Gloves for thieving and agility bonus xp, respectively. For now, ironmen can use Paul’s ironman shop, the hunter shop, and the runecrafting shop.

GIM shared bank fixes has been suggested/accepted before as far as I know, as there definitely are some missing placeholders. Perhaps an option to toggle on/off certain placeholders would be a great idea, in my opinion. That way, you can just see the higher tier supplies/gear placeholder in the shared bank.

Implementing RuneLite into Alora has been suggested several times if I recall correctly, and yes that would take a lot of Omicron’s time to implement this. As much as we would want to see this happen, there are much more important updates/fixes that need to be worked on.

As for your sand crabs suggestion, that sounds more like a bug and should be reported to the Bug Reports section of the forums.

These are my two cents. Thank you for taking the time to share your suggestions and express your concerns. If you have any questions regarding my feedback, feel free to let me know.

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 11 July 2019 - 01:12 PM #3

Exmark
Elite Ironman

Exmark
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      24d 23h 33m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards
I agree with @Moral truth , I would support adding some new items to the shops though.

Promoted to Server Support on July 21st 2019.

Promoted to Server Moderator on August 11th 2019.

Posted Image

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:47 PM #4

Vape Tricks
Ex-Staff

Vape Tricks
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      43d 34m 30s

• Total level:
    Awards

Moral took all the words out of my mouth and also saved me from typing it all :)! But yes i support some tweaks to your suggestion that Moral has made, mostly regarding the slayer shop. I also believe that Paul has all the basics and the other things are just a grind. Its not hard to get rune axes or pickaxes, D Scim from mm at a quite low level, addy scim from thieving. etc. In terms of starting off and acquiring things, I have all of that posted in my guide at -> https://www.alora.io...resource-guide/

• MT likes this

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support on March 27th, 2019

Demoted from Sever Support on April 15th, 2019

Promoted to Server Support on May 19th, 2019

Promoted to Server Moderator on June 15th, 2019

Promoted to Forum Moderator on December 21st, 2019

Demoted to Server Moderator on March 8th, 2020

Vape Tricks - Maxed GIM

0ptimuscope - Maxed Normie

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guides

Horror from the Deep

Farming Guild Contracts

Farm Runs

Alll-in-One Ironman

Support Tools

Two-Factor Authentication

Client Issues

Staff List

Appeals

Rules

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:23 PM #5

Theatric
Ironman

Theatric
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      6d 16h 17m 44s

• Total level:
    Awards

I'll begin by commenting on the iron man suggestion as I am an iron man player myself. I firmly believe that what we are provided with as iron men players is generous enough to get you started. All of the base required items are there and anything added on top of that would just be purely because people are too lazy to get the items themselves. For example, your suggestion of having a rune shop. We have to take this in the context of osrs here where runes are quite difficult and time consuming to craft, however on Alora, we literally have so many drop tables that contain pure essence, we have a pure essence mine from the teleport wizard and runecrafting any of your required runes takes around 30-40 seconds per trip at most. Now with this consideration, lets look at a different example that you have mentioned. You've mentioned the fact that some low tier gear would be nice such as weaponry etc. On Alora we have so many available options for players to get low tier gear quite easily. As mentioned before there are things such as thieving for an adamant scimitar, and with an iron one provided already in the starter pack, this should be more than enough for you to progress adequately. I don't hate this idea however I don't really feel the need for anything to be added specifically to enhance the iron man experience at the moment. I'm not a group iron man player so I won't comment on the group iron man suggestion.

Secondly I looked at the slayer suggestion. At the moment there is quite a decent selection to choose from in terms of the slayer store, and I do quite enjoy so far what we have. I'm not completely against new additions being made, however there is a fine line between making and breaking this type of thing and currently the selection including things such as the dwarven multicannon, zammy spear and imbuement scrolls etc is more than enough to be working towards, especially with the xp rates on the server meaning that acquiring so many points to buy out the store as such will take you a long time. I personally wouldn't like this to be tweaked, however it isn't that much of a deal for me to be upset over it. As for a boss slayer master, we already have boss slayer tasks as extreme tasks as mentioned in the above replies. Finally on this topic, I believe that the way that the slayer system works with allowing users the ability to craft slayer helms etc without buying that specific perk is completely fine the way it is and doesn't need to be changed, this is because it just seems to be a bit of a pain to implement something like that on top of the backlash potentially from people who don't agree with such an idea etc being quite likely. It is fine and simple the way it is for me personally currently and I think that a lot of people will agree with keeping it the way it is.

Thirdly, the RuneLite suggestion. We already have a lot of the things RuneLite has to offer in our current client and this has been suggested several times in the past, to which it has been declined. This would take a lot of effort and time to implement, and could have drastic implications on the server's data etc. I don't think this suggestion is appropriate seeing how far the server has progressed without RuneLite etc. I do see where you're coming from, I just don't agree that it would be worth the development team's time implementing this.

And finally, the sand crabs. You have to appreciate that they have just recently been added and with that comes potential issues. Be patient, and allow the team to work on it accordingly. I'm sure they are aware of any issues and are working towards a fix for them. New content is never going to be flawless on the live server, that's a given, and we just have to wait and allow the development team time to sort these kinds of issues out.

Thanks for the suggestions bud.

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support on July 21st, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on August 31st, 2019.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 80 user(s)