Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

[14/12/21] Christmas Sale & Total Spent Special, Salamanders, Gauntlet changes & more!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

Posted 14 December 2021 - 07:09 PM #21

oijnmukfvrg
Veteran

oijnmukfvrg
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      364d 3h 34m

• Previous username:

• Total level:
    Awards
Great update, thank you lad.

Posted 14 December 2021 - 07:45 PM #22

GylleGris
Master Donator

GylleGris
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      8d 4h 14m 22s

• Total level:
    Awards

Honestly, please don't do the pay2play slayer helmets, even though I love throwing money at this game I'm not very fond of this.

Vw6TNZX.png?width=676&height=676

Posted 14 December 2021 - 07:48 PM #23

J boogs
Veteran

J boogs
Clan: Retired

• Time spent:
      287d 15h 17m 31s

• Total level:
    Awards

Few nice bug fixes, sad I cannot afk fish anymore at work :/

I do enjoy the Immortal donator black Monkey but not a fan of the Master donator variant. 

Personal opinion, the Eternal donator variant should be Master donator as it would match the changing colors via forums. Eternal donator is blue and white. 

I can see both sides to the shit show preached about above. Omicron mentioned there will be another alternative method to achieving these slayer helmets ingame, I don't really see the point in this at this point. Sure it would be cool to get those new helmets and rock them but what's the point when a handful of players already got it from just buying from shop. Personally, I won't be buying them unless they are cheap in the trading post but that's un seeable considering the Zuk helm is 1,000 store credits -> (~1.3b in-game).

The updates to gauntlet sure will help me as I'm still learning how to do it. 

Those slayer helmets....kinda prove the definition of the whole "Pay2Play" kind of field. I feel like they could've been implemented into the game without having taken this road.

For the Tzhaar themed slay helms, why not have 1 method be 1/100 drop from Inferno and 1/1k drop from Fight Caves? Idk if you got anything for the third slay helm but I do hope changes for those come soon

(Not too soon cause I got no bank space for 3 more slay helm right now lol)

I really do like this idea that Chase threw out. A rare drop from Zuk and Jad to receive the helmets. Or a rare drop from Verzek for that slayer helm. 

None than less, Thanks for the update @ Omicron , eager to see what you have next in store for us. 

Posted Image

Posted ImageServer Support - 10/13/2019

Posted ImageServer Moderator - 11/10/2019

Posted ImageForum Moderator - 1/18/2020

Posted ImageGlobal Moderator - 2/16/2020

Resigned - 4/3/2020

Posted ImageServer Moderator - 6/7/2020

Posted ImageForum Moderator - 7/17/2020

Posted ImageGlobal Moderator - 10/25/2020

Resigned - 12/22/2020

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 14 December 2021 - 08:12 PM #24

Veteran

• Time spent:
      95d 4h 52m 22s

• Previous username:
    OOoooOOOoo12

• Total level:
    Awards
It's completely understandable that players want a method to obtain the ornament kits for the Slayer helmets in-game, and we will be adding a way to do that in the future as well. It likely won't be through Combat achievements though, due to the differences between Alora and OSRS.

Is there a reason why it won't be through Combat achievements? I know some of the 07 tasks can't be done on Alora, but surely you could just create a bunch of custom tasks similiar to the custom achievement diarys we currently have.

Disappointed with the ability to buy the slayer helms & not a fan of the recoloured items either after countless suggestions got denied because of "if the item isn't in 07, we won't add it here.".

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 14 December 2021 - 08:18 PM #25

Luka Doncic
Hardcore Ironman

Luka Doncic

• Time spent:
      32d 21h 47m 42s

• Total level:
    Awards

Ankou looks sick ngl

Curious to see how we will be able to obtain the new slay helms in the future without paying,

Posted Image

Posted 14 December 2021 - 08:27 PM #26

Group Ironman

• Time spent:
      3d 1h 16m 32s

• Previous username:
    Gim Xi

• Total level:
    Awards

Besides all the backlash with the new P2P options it seems, it still a good update none the less. Also thank you for the 4.5x towards rank that's beastly! 

Posted 14 December 2021 - 08:40 PM #27

Classic

• Time spent:
      2d 8h 56m 16s

• Previous username:
    EIM Panic

• Total level:
    Awards

Thank you for making the gauntlet interface static! Was super frustrating having it make the wrong items. Great update as usual!

Posted 14 December 2021 - 08:49 PM #28

strudelle

Veteran

strudelle

• Time spent:
      90d 1h 46m 35s

• Total level:
    Awards

nice updates! i agree with @ Chase legend on the way to obtain the new slayer helm that would be awesome!

Posted 14 December 2021 - 09:16 PM #29

Ivy
Ex-Staff

Ivy

• Time spent:
      81d 21h 6m 5s

• Previous username:
    Misfit EIM

• Total level:
    Awards
Updates before Christmas how good!

Thanks for the updates Omi!
  • Moe likes this

Posted Image

(っ◔◡◔)っ Community Awards:

Spoiler

Posted 14 December 2021 - 10:55 PM #30

Aeroblast
Ironman

Aeroblast

• Time spent:
      47d 11h 9m 16s

• Previous username:
    Iron scuffed

• Total level:
    Awards

Amazing !! Thank you so much for these updates !

Posted 15 December 2021 - 12:28 AM #31

Extremedanny
Veteran

Extremedanny

• Time spent:
      217d 16h 41m 18s

• Total level:
    Awards

@ Mack @ Sassa fras @ Extremedanny

It's completely understandable that players want a method to obtain the ornament kits for the Slayer helmets in-game, and we will be adding a way to do that in the future as well. It likely won't be through Combat achievements though, due to the differences between Alora and OSRS. We have a few ideas for how to introduce them into the game, and we'll share that likely in the next full update.

It's more-so an early release for those who support Alora, especially as the game matures and players aren't donating for items as much anymore, so we have to find ways to rejuvenate the store in order to maintain the same level of updates, marketing and quality of the game. With that being said, we have opted for adding cosmetic items which don't tend to negatively affect players, rather than releasing end-game items into the store. For those who want to earn the items in-game, if you want them right away, they are tradable and can be purchased from another player or via buying bonds, or there will be a method to obtain them in-game without the store in the near future if you're willing to wait a bit for it.

@ Real Alan
As for the discounts on items, since we're doing a total spent bonus this time around (for the first time) and store items already become cheaper because of the 25% bonus, we decided to not put individual discounts on items. That doesn't mean that discounts are not going to be there for future sales, we've just decided to provide a different bonus (total spent) this time around.

Hope that clears things up for you guys and gives you a better perspective on our though process behind the updates.

Pretty sure there is plenty of items to add to the store so people get more interested. Now you just took away the feel of accomplishment for getting such an item.

And just wanna say that master monkey. Has there even been put in a slight bit of thought. Right now it looks like a 3 y/o had a go with some crayons.
Posted Image

Posted 15 December 2021 - 02:18 AM #32

Q
Donator

Q

• Time spent:
      9d 1h 27m 30s

• Previous username:
    Qmvieowfjewi

• Total level:
    Awards

Let me preface this by saying I did buy a slayer helm, so I'm certainly not doing a great job as far as reinforcement goes, but still figured it was worth a comment. From my perspective, I have to agree and say this does seem like some kind of money grab.. let me explain why. 

Me, along with numerous others actually asked you about doing a custom dono for the Zuk helm maybe a month back, to which I was told that it wouldn't be a donator item, instead, it'd likely be some sort of inferno cape sink. Honestly, I think it should've been kept that way, and I'm unsure what changed. What does it mean that those who buy it now are those who are just early supporting? We simply just paid to get an item that has a reputation of being locked behind the hardest challenges in the game; something we were told wouldn't be the case with this specific item. Does this mean it's going to be removed from the store? If so, what's the point? The reputation of the item has already been stripped. If it remains in the store, what's the point of putting in an alternative way to get it in game? This really just seems like an "ornament kit" similar to the ely ornament kit to me, which is overall pretty disappointing. I really think the execution here could've been better, but I'm unsure if that's even changeable at this point. 

Also a bit confused by the RE-introduction of discontinued items. I had to fight to even get a pair of santa boots that got split from a set in a scenario I won't go into detail on in here because those "those items aren't supposed to be brought back into the game"... and then you put it in a cosmetic box? I'm just shocked to see some of the highest valued cosmetics (specifically antisanta suits) getting literally shot in the knees and then kicked over, after having a previous stance of keeping those cosmetics from re-entering the game. This isn't the first time a cosmetic that held a high price was just mutilated by being shoved into a squeal of fortune-esque box that costs $10. I'd feel pretty shitty right now if I held on to one of those antisanta suits, or even a santa suit as a way of showing how long you've been active and supporting the server. 

Sure, the ankou set is cool, but this is really starting to feel like a departure from what has kept most of us on Alora, a feel of at least some authenticity. I'll give you props on implementing the monkey suggestion, not really what I had envisioned, but that's maybe just a personal taste thing. I'm happy to see community suggestions being implemented regardless.

Appreciate some of the QoL stuff. Attention to gauntlet is nice. Feel like you kinda upset some people with the raid time reset thing though, but maybe I'm not in the meta enough to know if some recent changes make it worth resetting and starting from scratch. Personally, I'd have like to keep my records just to set a goal for myself. Can we get at least a bit more detailed record keeping? Maybe the fastest time displayed is for that scale raid or something, so if you finish a solo raid, it tells you that raid time and your solo raid PB. 

I don't know what else to really say. I worry that this is the start of momentum in a direction a large part of the community is against. I hope you can see that. If I wanted to play a server with full blown pay to win and full blown custom items, I would do that. I like the authentic flavor here. I hope it doesn't change. 

Most-Wealthy-Q.pngMost-Addicted-to-Gambling-q.png

unknown.png

unknown.png?width=705&height=487

Posted 15 December 2021 - 05:04 AM #33

AmrH420
Super Donator

AmrH420

• Time spent:
      2d 17h 7m 45s

• Total level:
    Awards

Great update Omi, only thing disagree on is the slayer helm because that really should be an achievement, not something you can purchase at all even if for limited time because it ruins the feeling when you see someone who shouldn't have it at all wearing it only because they have money, and you cant for whatever reason. besides that the bug fixes/QOL is nice as always and as usual thank you for doing everything you do <3

Posted 15 December 2021 - 07:06 AM #34

Moe
Community Manager

Moe

• Time spent:
      246d 8h 7m 40s

• Previous username:
    IM Moe

• Total level:
    Awards

Thanks for the update Dads, can't please everyone...remember that. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 15 December 2021 - 08:16 AM #35

Folivora

Super Donator

Folivora

• Time spent:
      13d 8h 44m 25s

• Total level:
    Awards

Agreeing with some of the comments made above! Nevertheless great bugfixing and QOL updates

Folivora-richest-in-game.png

Posted 15 December 2021 - 10:37 AM #36

Slurvish
Master Donator

Slurvish
Clan: LGBTQ+ Activist

• Time spent:
      36d 8h 50m 10s

• Total level:
    Awards

Very nice updates/bug fixes & an even better read.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with putting items in the store, including the slayer helmets. Especially if they are getting released at a later date for people who do not want to spend money on them. I don't see why everyone is getting so upset, would you really get a dopamine rush for grinding a slayer helmet on Alora? No, nothing on Alora is difficult to do. People need to understand all the money that goes into keeping a server online (for example, paying advertisers etc). I also do not see what everyone commenting the same thing adds to the thread, just be thankful we get so many bug fixes and QOL updates fairly frequently. Bottom line, if you want the helmet and you really can't wait, buy it and support the server. If you're patient, wait and "grind" it. Thank you homie Omi

alien.png

Posted 15 December 2021 - 01:46 PM #37

Realzach
Realism

Realzach
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      5d 23h 31m 37s

• Total level:
    Awards

I'd have to agree with the majority about the slayer helm, think it should of waited till someway of achieving it was available. Its a flex item, now its not even worth doing content imo to get it if it get released outside of the shop due to someone joining and spending 100$ to get it would not feel the same as being 1 of the few obtaining it through pvm achievements or through a chance of killing zuk or turning in infernal cape for a roll at it. Regardless of that thought the other updates are sick.

Posted 15 December 2021 - 04:03 PM #38

Razorbacks
Master Donator

Razorbacks

• Time spent:
      2d 23h 15m 44s

• Total level:
    Awards
POG! Thanks @ Omicron for these updates!

Posted 16 December 2021 - 12:59 AM #39

Veteran

Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      299d 6h 1m 39s

• Previous username:
    Monaco

• Total level:
    Awards
Great update, thanks for your hard work.

Posted 16 December 2021 - 02:34 AM #40

Nes rsps
Youtuber

Nes rsps

• Time spent:
      4d 3h 28m 55s

• Previous username:
    Nesterd

• Total level:

Yo that rainbow ankou is clean as fuck ngl

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 342 user(s)