Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

[14/12/21] Christmas Sale & Total Spent Special, Salamanders, Gauntlet changes & more!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

Posted 16 December 2021 - 03:02 AM #41

jalapeno
Legendary Donator

jalapeno
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      26d 5h 22m 2s

• Total level:
    Awards

Very nice updates/bug fixes & an even better read.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with putting items in the store, including the slayer helmets. Especially if they are getting released at a later date for people who do not want to spend money on them. I don't see why everyone is getting so upset, would you really get a dopamine rush for grinding a slayer helmet on Alora? No, nothing on Alora is difficult to do. People need to understand all the money that goes into keeping a server online (for example, paying advertisers etc). I also do not see what everyone commenting the same thing adds to the thread, just be thankful we get so many bug fixes and QOL updates fairly frequently. Bottom line, if you want the helmet and you really can't wait, buy it and support the server. If you're patient, wait and "grind" it. Thank you homie Omi

Couldn’t agree more. People are going insane over an early access item.
At the end of the day, it’s just a cosmetic. Should it take some skill/dedication to get it? Yes, but give omi some time until he’s come up with a decent yet challenging way to achieve it.
Y’all have had access to marble blocks, magic stones, elite void and many more items in the store for YEARS. Supplies and equipment that actually matter during one’s alora grind.
Regarding the “bragging rights” that the helmet comes with, I’d be way more impressed if someone showed me a stack of 250 marble blocks (1000 donator tokens).

Omi has already confirmed that it will be added to the game as a reward, so instead of actively complaining here or in discord channels, give him suggestions and/or ideas as to how the slayer helm variants should be obtained through gameplay.

Anyways, thanks for the update homie Omi.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

B2B

unknown.png

unknown.png

AmTqwRv.png

unknown.png

unknown.png
unknown.png

sisterfuckers.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Posted 16 December 2021 - 07:06 AM #42

Sassa fras
Veteran

Sassa fras
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      151d 10h 56m 13s

• Previous username:
    Sassafras

• Total level:
    Awards

Couldn’t agree more. People are going insane over an early access item.
At the end of the day, it’s just a cosmetic. Should it take some skill/dedication to get it? Yes, but give omi some time until he’s come up with a decent yet challenging way to achieve it.
Y’all have had access to marble blocks, magic stones, elite void and many more items in the store for YEARS. Supplies and equipment that actually matter during one’s alora grind.
Regarding the “bragging rights” that the helmet comes with, I’d be way more impressed if someone showed me a stack of 250 marble blocks (1000 donator tokens).

Omi has already confirmed that it will be added to the game as a reward, so instead of actively complaining here or in discord channels, give him suggestions and/or ideas as to how the slayer helm variants should be obtained through gameplay.

Anyways, thanks for the update homie Omi.

I honestly cannot tell if the first paragraph is satire, kudos. If it wasn't, comparing void and construction supplies to one of the most prestigious items on OSRS (Tzkal) is surely a balanced take.

There were plenty of potential ways that the helm could have been implemented:

a - Alora's own set of combat achievements - I was expecting this to be a long shot considering Alora and OSRS have different combat, so it'd have to be reworked completely. There's plenty of endgame PVMers on the staff team, so Omicron could have relied on them to brainstorm ideas for the list of achievements. Heck, it could have been as easy as minimum boss kc's and minimum time kills. But it would have given older players something more to grind for, to keep them engaged on Alora.

b - Making it an additional drop from Fight Caves/Inferno like Chase legend suggested earlier

c - Adding it to the slayer store, costing an assload of points

d - Any other idea than what we got

And instead we got yet another item added to the cash shop, voice our concern on the thread, and Omicron says "N-no wait, it's coming in-game soon! We just wanted to give early-access to people!" It leaves a bad taste in the mouth. The entire point is the prestige of the item, that's ruined as soon as you can pay for it. And yes, I understand the Alora is a business, but in this update alone we have several store-specific updates even without it:

-Custom donation sale

-Rainbow ankou

-Christmas boxes

-Token sale

We might as well go ahead and add all the other slayer helm recolors to the cash shop as well, right? And don't forget the Ancestral/Scythe/Sang ornament kits! They're just cosmetics, after all. People can pay for them or they can grind them out in-game, just like these new helms.

#1 Ultimate Ironman Tbow Dropper

Posted Image

Sassa fras | Sassafras | y | ultSASSAFRAS

4.6b UIM | UIM KOTS Winner | Fastest to MAX Winner | First Maxed HCUIM

Posted 16 December 2021 - 07:38 AM #43

Clappy
User

Clappy
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      9d 10h 52m 34s

• Previous username:
    GIM Clapshit

• Total level:
    Awards

100% this, it would be nice if there was a way to get them in game instead of straightup buying them..

Incredibly disappointed to see the Combat Achievement helms come from a cash grab rather than something actually based on PVM skill or dedication. They're meant to be symbols of accomplishment, not something anyone with $75 or $100 can obtain.

Posted 16 December 2021 - 07:59 AM #44

Shader
Elite Ironman

Shader
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      12d 6h 43m 4s

• Previous username:
    Eim shader

• Total level:
    Awards

Very nice updates/bug fixes & an even better read.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with putting items in the store, including the slayer helmets. Especially if they are getting released at a later date for people who do not want to spend money on them. I don't see why everyone is getting so upset, would you really get a dopamine rush for grinding a slayer helmet on Alora? No, nothing on Alora is difficult to do. People need to understand all the money that goes into keeping a server online (for example, paying advertisers etc). I also do not see what everyone commenting the same thing adds to the thread, just be thankful we get so many bug fixes and QOL updates fairly frequently. Bottom line, if you want the helmet and you really can't wait, buy it and support the server. If you're patient, wait and "grind" it. Thank you homie Omi

There's much better things to put into the store for $75 than an item that was supposed to be added as an item sink as stated earlier by @Q

The fact is, if more egregious problems with the server were fixed a larger player base would probably stick around and donate regularly. But nah instead we can just fix ladders that lead to random places and add some $75 slayer helm recolors to keep the server afloat. 

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted 16 December 2021 - 03:03 PM #45

jalapeno
Legendary Donator

jalapeno
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      26d 5h 22m 2s

• Total level:
    Awards

I honestly cannot tell if the first paragraph is satire, kudos. If it wasn't, comparing void and construction supplies to one of the most prestigious items on OSRS (Tzkal) is surely a balanced take.

What's prestigious in 07 doesn't always translate to it being (as) prestigious on alora.

Max cape? Boosted xp rates.

Achievement diary? Fewer achievements.

Completed collection logs/rare drops? Easier bosses/raids and accuracy bonus. Not to mention drop/pet boost from rank (uber+) and consumable boosters (that you can buy and use on any gamemode to get "prestigious" items and progress faster).
Infernal cape? No need to sacrifice a fire cape each try + you start at later rounds depending on donor rank.

No one says that it shouldn't be difficult to obtain, but the community definitely overreacted. Knowing that you got it the "real way" instead of buying it is prestigious in itself. 
Stat-wise it's just a cosmetic and if you really care if someone got it by paying or playing, just right click them ingame and press "lookup" to check their inferno kc (if that's the way it's added). It will also most likely come with a forum award like the infernal cape. 

In the end, prestige is very subjective. (As I tried to demonstrate with the 250 marble block stack.)

The other store items are meant to show the ones calling it "p2p" when it has zero impact on the actual gameplay compared to supplies/void. (Rank/drop boosters as well)

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

B2B

unknown.png

unknown.png

AmTqwRv.png

unknown.png

unknown.png
unknown.png

sisterfuckers.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 342 user(s)