Variant

• Time spent:
      16d 7h 46m 58s

• Previous username:
    VARlANT

• Total level:
    Awards

What is your suggestion?:

Allow items that are donated to the well give a boost on its value.

How would this benefit Alora?:

Players who donate items to the well typically look for the best bang for their buck, I personally have a list of items that I always buy out that give the best return in the well. If we did this for all items, then the variety we can pick to donate to the well increases, thus deleting more items from the game, while also putting gp in other players pockets by buying said items from them on their tp.

Just an example, I always buy out elder mauls when theyre 40m and below, because in noted form they give 75m towards the well of good will. I'm sure all the players I've bought it from are happy their elder mauls sell, while the others are happy the well gets filled. If we were able to do that with things like bandos chests/tassets, armadyl, godswords, even korasi's and ancestral then the economy would move a lot more while we get a much needed item sink.

Just another way this could work, if this were to get implemented. Currently an arcane spirit shield is 700-800m, but if the well took it as a 1.5b item, then players would more than likely use it as an item to fill the well as a good return on their gp. Of course they aren't profiting, and if anything losing money, while an arcane is deleted from the game BUT they get the benefit of using the well of good will for a much longer period, and the player base is happy.

u1DQZht.png

XoJ7oDS.pngnNue8f4.png

F56NWzR.png

5de43a7a6a1f80dd402f6d2a0d6c4879.pngaf23707ae47836d5d96e7170934243fb.png

VRK1wjX.png

Posted 21 November 2023 - 07:16 AM #2

Touch Grass
Ironman

Touch Grass
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      10h 44m

• Previous username:
    HcMidgetPron

• Total level:
    Awards

Item prices don't make sense, definitely support making the item prices correct, for this purpose or any other purpose.

Posted 21 November 2023 - 08:41 AM #3

Fopaanz

Group Ironman

Fopaanz

• Time spent:
      11d 17h 5m 11s

• Total level:
    Awards

No support, well works fine.

fe24e6be54a4f2b0fbb47f1123c942f6.png

0d8c4af24f5720229cddb217ca7ef899.png

e1aa3d725fce6b18fbc2b36d4f6dd514.png

bc8a2cf6e6d6aaf33539215b0ba24905.png

b9a11463e1e124ac77838cdb681afb60.png

e7f765ca991927259db6d009a6394c61.png

Achievements

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 21 November 2023 - 08:45 AM #4

Lucas

Veteran

Lucas
Clan: klam

• Time spent:
      88d 21h 45m 9s

• Previous username:
    N

• Total level:
    Awards

If I understand this correctly, all items should be wrongly valued because a few of them are according to well?  :meekstare:

Y6G5YcH.png

K16nEcv.png

8kZaGz2.pngJ3Pq0uX.png

Posted 21 November 2023 - 08:46 AM #5

Klam
Ironman

Klam
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      13d 6h 21m 28s

• Previous username:
    HC Klam

• Total level:
    Awards

no support, dont like the idea of overpricing items.... 

Drops and achievements:

Spoiler

Posted 21 November 2023 - 08:55 AM #6

Variant
Classic

Variant

• Time spent:
      16d 7h 46m 58s

• Previous username:
    VARlANT

• Total level:
    Awards

This is more of an item sink than it is just over valueing for the sake of over valueing, but if no support then I guess ill just continue to delete the limited items that are worth doing it over items that truely need an item sink for the majority of players

u1DQZht.png

XoJ7oDS.pngnNue8f4.png

F56NWzR.png

VRK1wjX.png

Posted 21 November 2023 - 09:58 AM #7

Aapee
Uber Donator

Aapee

• Time spent:
      8d 23h 40m 38s

• Total level:
    Awards

No support.

We already have an item sink (Item Consumption Device) and the well is acting already as an item sink aswell. The value of the items is constantly changing to be more accurate to the real price where they currently stand.

Also its funny how out of all players you're the one complaining about this. After all you call yourself the "King" and you're holding pretty much the whole eco, yet your well donations are at 1.7B all time. Maybe you could throw in something even if they arent valued x2 to their real price in the well.

Take care, "King".

db48a6eb0b4527653148823ad49d97e3.png

ecd81f00e00f306f4a8696fbdde0bf7a.png

fde8c964aca00e9723e84f81bf7d5fec.png

Posted 21 November 2023 - 11:33 AM #8

Neuro
Classic

Neuro

• Time spent:
      50d 13h 50m 9s

• Previous username:
    NEUROFUNK

• Total level:
    Awards

Yeah, this doesn't make sense. Valuing an arcane at 1.5b will not incentivize people to dump their arcanes into well, and neither will it for you.

Not a valid idea for an item sink. No support.

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 21 November 2023 - 11:46 AM #9

Variant
Classic

Variant

• Time spent:
      16d 7h 46m 58s

• Previous username:
    VARlANT

• Total level:
    Awards

No support.

We already have an item sink (Item Consumption Device) and the well is acting already as an item sink aswell. The value of the items is constantly changing to be more accurate to the real price where they currently stand.

Also its funny how out of all players you're the one complaining about this. After all you call yourself the "King" and you're holding pretty much the whole eco, yet your well donations are at 1.7B all time. Maybe you could throw in something even if they arent valued x2 to their real price in the well.

Take care, "King".

jfc i hurt you this bad king? l0l and yeah only 1.7b all time cuz aint shit else worth throwing in there besides low tier items. Stop counting my bank man let it go, you will never have my bank just get over it

Yeah, this doesn't make sense. Valuing an arcane at 1.5b will not incentivize people to dump their arcanes into well, and neither will it for you.

Not a valid idea for an item sink. No support.

actually it would, it did the same for polton and 17 when they held the eco, we actively looked for items that gave the best return for gp. hense the screenshot below of items im holding to chuck in well over time.

DGp0Ap3.png

I'm sure everyone I bought these items off of are happier because of it, and if we could widen this to higher tier items like bandos, ancestral, arcanes, etc then I'd 100% be more incentivized to buy them up to chuck into the well.

u1DQZht.png

XoJ7oDS.pngnNue8f4.png

F56NWzR.png

VRK1wjX.png

Posted 21 November 2023 - 02:23 PM #10

Monster Iron
Elite Ironman

Monster Iron
Clan: Alora

• Time spent:
      16d 5h 41m 46s

• Total level:

I think the only thing you're going to get accomplished here is having the items you're currently buying have their well values decreased.

Posted 21 November 2023 - 04:41 PM #11

Kareem Sqr
Forum Moderator

Kareem Sqr

• Time spent:
      61d 11h 59m 21s

• Total level:
    Awards

No Support from me, no need to make some changes atm 

Well works perfect 

i2ZLqYv.png

Vote | Store | Rules | Play | Support | Appeal | 2FA

Donator Benefits | Bug Report | Suggestions | Discord

- Promoted to hDNR4Y0.png Server Support on December 18th 2023

- Promoted to wsszlCf.png Server Moderator on January 24th 2024

- Promoted to m47GP7t.png Forum Moderator on March 15th 2024

UlvtNdl.png

Posted 21 November 2023 - 06:25 PM #12

WakaWakavic
Extreme Donator

WakaWakavic

• Time spent:
      2d 11h 11m 46s

• Total level:
    Awards

People just seem to hate on you and your suggestions.

I support having extra value to items donated to the well.

Current ToA item examples:

Lightbearer suggested price is ~30m, in TP for 23m, auto consumption for average 31m, well for 25m. If it's noted, then it's only 3m for some reason.

Fang  suggested ~260m, in TP for 140m, auto consumption 157m,  well for 141m, noted on well 218m

Masori body (f) suggested ~700m, tp 666m, auto consumption 857m, well for 615m, noted on well 596m

Lightbearer is middle ground, sell or donate, same value.

Fang is the massive one here, if I wanted to get rid of it, I could sell it to a merchant for 100 mil quick... or I could give everyone well access. (Although I think that 218m value is pretty OP)

Masori body has no issue buying or selling for 700m, huge devalue to put it in a well.

People who donate to the well are the people who already have nearly everything in the game, so allowing to donate items for a some extra value should be rewarded.

At least knowing that if market prices are crap, you have the option to give back to community while helping out the eco.

Also, item prices definitely need fixing, (see noted lightbearer for 22m loss and noted fang for 78m gain)

Question is, keep it as it is, when you can potentially get 50% gain on some items, or just aim for 10-20%(or w/e) gain on average price of last 100 sales.

TLDR: Extra value to donated items lets player decide to donate for greater good or help tanking the item further.

P.S. Server message "Did you know you could donate items to the well for extra x% value?"  would be cool to see.

Posted 21 November 2023 - 09:34 PM #13

Neuro
Classic

Neuro

• Time spent:
      50d 13h 50m 9s

• Previous username:
    NEUROFUNK

• Total level:
    Awards

jfc i hurt you this bad king? l0l and yeah only 1.7b all time cuz aint shit else worth throwing in there besides low tier items. Stop counting my bank man let it go, you will never have my bank just get over it

actually it would, it did the same for polton and 17 when they held the eco, we actively looked for items that gave the best return for gp. hense the screenshot below of items im holding to chuck in well over time.

DGp0Ap3.png

I'm sure everyone I bought these items off of are happier because of it, and if we could widen this to higher tier items like bandos, ancestral, arcanes, etc then I'd 100% be more incentivized to buy them up to chuck into the well.

This is an incredibly silly screenshot to post since you claim to buy out all the elder mauls and given you rarely donate to well to begin with. I'm not sure if you've seen how much 17 has donated to well, or what his well tab looked like, but this is not a comparison you want to make; nothing you're doing here is the same as them.

This idea will not make anyone, including yourself, dump high end items into well when they could sell it for raw cash. You get relatively nothing for donating to well apart from bonus exp, and there are plenty of people who will donate for that of course, but making an arcane 1.5b in the well has no incentivization for people who have arcanes to then dump them in the well. You lose 800-900m raw cash for 1.5b value in well, which is not an equivalent exchange.

There are a handful of good ideas you could suggest regarding the state of the well, but you post the same well suggestions on repeat that are just inherently bad. The well is completely functional as is, however I do believe it could do with some additions potentially, but this isn't one of them.

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 21 November 2023 - 10:13 PM #14

R E Z Z
Uber Donator

R E Z Z

• Time spent:
      20d 2h 59m 47s

• Previous username:
    King Kamari

• Total level:
    Awards

Man i'm not sure what you did to these people but i'm with you on this one.

There are changes that could be made to the Well's price interpretation so that even the irons would feel OK throwing some items in there occasionally. At some point in the last year they nerfed the minimum price to 1M per item (among other specific, niche item price nerfs) which doesn't exactly help the cause...either way i'm interested in seeing where this goes.

Support

Posted 23 November 2023 - 11:25 PM #15

The Inferno
Group Ironman

The Inferno

• Time spent:
      4d 19h 49m 19s

• Total level:
    Awards

These people stay hating because u never gave them any free stuff lmfao. That or they must've had their stuff cleaned.

I support this, certainly better than the alternative of just doing ;;empty 300b at a time.

On top of that, well is empty most of the time nowadays so the more incentive the better.

Posted 24 November 2023 - 07:47 AM #16

Variant
Classic

Variant

• Time spent:
      16d 7h 46m 58s

• Previous username:
    VARlANT

• Total level:
    Awards

This is an incredibly silly screenshot to post since you claim to buy out all the elder mauls and given you rarely donate to well to begin with. I'm not sure if you've seen how much 17 has donated to well, or what his well tab looked like, but this is not a comparison you want to make; nothing you're doing here is the same as them.

This idea will not make anyone, including yourself, dump high end items into well when they could sell it for raw cash. You get relatively nothing for donating to well apart from bonus exp, and there are plenty of people who will donate for that of course, but making an arcane 1.5b in the well has no incentivization for people who have arcanes to then dump them in the well. You lose 800-900m raw cash for 1.5b value in well, which is not an equivalent exchange.

There are a handful of good ideas you could suggest regarding the state of the well, but you post the same well suggestions on repeat that are just inherently bad. The well is completely functional as is, however I do believe it could do with some additions potentially, but this isn't one of them.

You do realize I barely started this collection screenshot? And sorry I cleaned your friend 17 but you have to get over that, I don't see why you're trying to compare what we've bought to donate, the only thing I said is we both are/were buying similar items that gave a better return/gp when dumping them in the well, which is true.

Also the 1.5b for an arcane was a hyperinflated example stop being stuck on it, it could be 100m more than its tp value for all I care. I don't see why you're so sure on what you think I would do when you don't even know me. I clearly have made this suggestion before as you stated but you and everyone I cleaned seem to come hate on it (like everyone else on this thread is noticing) just because I clean your friends. I obviously have good intentions to donate a larger amount to the well, I just think deleting items from the game could also be more rewarding to all with bonus xp if it gave a % increase on the price given for that item. I really need you to get over yourself, and the fact that I made a lot of your friends quit, so you can see that this actually is a good suggestion to incentivize players (and myself) to donate to the well more.

These people stay hating because u never gave them any free stuff lmfao. That or they must've had their stuff cleaned.
I support this, certainly better than the alternative of just doing ;;empty 300b at a time.
On top of that, well is empty most of the time nowadays so the more incentive the better.

Man i'm not sure what you did to these people but i'm with you on this one.

There are changes that could be made to the Well's price interpretation so that even the irons would feel OK throwing some items in there occasionally. At some point in the last year they nerfed the minimum price to 1M per item (among other specific, niche item price nerfs) which doesn't exactly help the cause...either way i'm interested in seeing where this goes.

Support

People just seem to hate on you and your suggestions.

I support having extra value to items donated to the well.

I appreciate yall actually reading whats being suggested, understanding it'd be a great incentive to get players to item sink, while moving the TP more, and not just following the trolls who are upset over me cleaning them or their friends.

u1DQZht.png

XoJ7oDS.pngnNue8f4.png

F56NWzR.png

VRK1wjX.png

Posted 24 November 2023 - 08:41 AM #17

Neuro
Classic

Neuro

• Time spent:
      50d 13h 50m 9s

• Previous username:
    NEUROFUNK

• Total level:
    Awards

You do realize I barely started this collection screenshot? And sorry I cleaned your friend 17 but you have to get over that, I don't see why you're trying to compare what we've bought to donate, the only thing I said is we both are/were buying similar items that gave a better return/gp when dumping them in the well, which is true.

Also the 1.5b for an arcane was a hyperinflated example stop being stuck on it, it could be 100m more than its tp value for all I care. I don't see why you're so sure on what you think I would do when you don't even know me. I clearly have made this suggestion before as you stated but you and everyone I cleaned seem to come hate on it (like everyone else on this thread is noticing) just because I clean your friends. I obviously have good intentions to donate a larger amount to the well, I just think deleting items from the game could also be more rewarding to all with bonus xp if it gave a % increase on the price given for that item. I really need you to get over yourself, and the fact that I made a lot of your friends quit, so you can see that this actually is a good suggestion to incentivize players (and myself) to donate to the well more.

I appreciate yall actually reading whats being suggested, understanding it'd be a great incentive to get players to item sink, while moving the TP more, and not just following the trolls who are upset over me cleaning them or their friends.

I believe you should stop projecting my man, I don't care about artifical things like you "cleaning my friends" like you claim. It's very clear that is what you think about a lot, and that's okay. All I personally care about is this mediocre suggestion not getting accepted into the game.

If the 1.5b was "hyperinflated" then you should have not hyperinflated the suggestion to begin with, and should have instead put more thought into the idea of getting more out of the well, opposed to repeating the same suggestion that will have no effect on the well, or who donates to it to begin with. Making an arcane even 100m more than what it is now will have 0 impact on items like that being put into the well, when even you yourself would rather have cash than whatever the item goes into the well for, and that's perfectly fine as well. I don't see any reason to donate an arcane to the well (even if it's 100m-900m more than what it is now) rather than selling it for money.

Anyway, like I said, there's plenty of good ideas to come up with in regards to making the well more valuable to the donator, however this is not it, chief.

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 24 November 2023 - 08:49 AM #18

Variant
Classic

Variant

• Time spent:
      16d 7h 46m 58s

• Previous username:
    VARlANT

• Total level:
    Awards

I believe you should stop projecting my man, I don't care about artifical things like you "cleaning my friends" like you claim. It's very clear that is what you think about a lot, and that's okay. All I personally care about is this mediocre suggestion not getting accepted into the game.

If the 1.5b was "hyperinflated" then you should have not hyperinflated the suggestion to begin with, and should have instead put more thought into the idea of getting more out of the well, opposed to repeating the same suggestion that will have no effect on the well, or who donates to it to begin with. Making an arcane even 100m more than what it is now will have 0 impact on items like that being put into the well, when even you yourself would rather have cash than whatever the item goes into the well for, and that's perfectly fine as well. I don't see any reason to donate an arcane to the well (even if it's 100m-900m more than what it is now) rather than selling it for money.

Anyway, like I said, there's plenty of good ideas to come up with in regards to making the well more valuable to the donator, however this is not it, chief.

Yeah sure man keep telling yourself it doesn't effect you, when you literally hate on me every chance you get when we don't even know each other. Why would I care about you or your friends I've cleaned when they're already cleaned, they're dead to me after that.

Hyper inflated to make it easier for room temp iq's to understand, but it still seems to be going over your head.

I don't see how you think this will have no impact when I literally just spent over 4b gp to buy items I know that will give me a better return for my money. This is actually already going on and you're just too blinded by hate to realize it, I just want it to spread across all items instead of a select few random items.

Also if you have another great suggestion since theres 'so many' feel free to suggest them, haven't seen a single one from you yet out of all these great ideas you have, you just seem to thrive on negativity.

I'm obviously suggesting this agian because it's a genuinely good idea that all the prior ecos and myself do/did with the items available, and I'm just trying to spread that for all players in the game by widening up the scope of items I can buy out from tp that'd give a better return in the well. But I'll be waiting on these great ideas you have to suggest so I can support those as well if they're actually any good.

u1DQZht.png

XoJ7oDS.pngnNue8f4.png

F56NWzR.png

VRK1wjX.png

Posted 24 November 2023 - 09:07 AM #19

gim crohn

Group Ironman

gim crohn
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      9d 22h 38m 39s

• Total level:
    Awards
Full support. As other replies have stated - it's very clear that there are multiple community members with personal vendettas not contributing to the conversation.

The reality is, if you increase the WELL ONLY value of items more of those items will be donated. We saw this with PvP armours, Elder mauls, noted SGS, etc. The idea that increasing the value of certain items would make no difference is laughably ignorant to the point I can't genuinely believe that any of these comments would think that is correct but instead are using it as a vessel to attack the OP on personal dramas.

The hilarious irony is many of these same people complain when someone has wealth but doesn't donate to well - then when that person gives a suggestion that would make them donate more they downvote out of spite.

UMnEjFQ.png

4152348766b38bfc37ae3ffead4bff9e.png

Posted 24 November 2023 - 09:53 PM #20

Monster Iron
Elite Ironman

Monster Iron

• Time spent:
      16d 5h 41m 46s

• Total level:
So, what happens to the item consumption device if this gets accepted?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 70 user(s)