Photo

Let's talk about Realism.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

Poll: Merging Realism. (101 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we merge Realism with the rest of the eco?

1. Yes (43 votes [42.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.57%

2. No (50 votes [49.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 49.50%

3. I don't care either way (8 votes [7.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.92%

Vote

Posted 29 November 2022 - 07:11 AM #1

Lunchy
Veteran

Lunchy

• Time spent:
      27d 7h 39m 40s

• Total level:
    Awards

I'm sure it's not surprising that I'm bringing this up on the forums, it's something I've been voicing my opinion about since I started playing realism, the merge. I would like to get everyone's thoughts and opinions on it, whether in support or against the merge, including Omicron's opinion.

Realism is the best game-mode that Alora has. I joined Alora almost a year ago (Dec 12 makes a year), and I quickly 4.6b'ed my normie account, started doing some collection log/pet hunting, maxed all the gamemodes besides a couple, and got bored. I prefer skilling over PvM, so a lower game-mode option was my next go-to, realism. The idea of switching to realism was something I was against, and didn't really want to do, because I've been told that it's just basically an ironman game-mode with a little more flexibility, and I didn't want an ironman game-mode, I just wanted a normie game-mode with very low exp rates. I finally caved to the idea, and they were right, it's just an ironman game-mode with a little more flexibility. I don't think it should be this way, and I know that it makes people not want to switch over. I have talked with over a dozen people since I started this game-mode who have shown interest in it but ultimately stayed away because they didn't like the idea of it being essentially a group ironman game-mode.

Now I know that this merge isn't supported by some of the old heads that play realism, and let's talk about why, but also let's not decide the fate of the game-mode on less than 5 people who have played it long term. A merge is about helping the community grow because I truly feel like people would want to play this game-mode if it wasn't for the simple fact that they're not a part of the rest of the economy.

From some long term realism players that I've talked with, the main reason they don't want a merge, is because a merge would give full access to ;;shops. And for those who don't know, realism shops don't have pots you can buy. When they mention realism having an economy, what they mean to say is that realism has an economy on pots. You have to make 30-40k pots just for 99 herblore, and what better way to make money than to sell these at an inflated cost to people who haven't started the grind yet. I fully believe that the realism merge would not be a huge issue if it weren't for having full access to ;;shops. There's not a "more stable economy", you can't have an economy with a dozen players contributing to it. If a split economy was a beneficial thing, it would be in OSRS.

Four years ago, someone made this same post about classic being merged, because classic used to also have their own separate economy, and it passed and the same thing should happen with realism. Here's a link to the post: https://www.alora.io...-about-classic/

And the points made there also apply here. Realism players can purchase the late game items they have been looking for. Realism players can finally sell some of the stuff that they've been holding in their bank, unable to sell. And there no items on realism players that would contribute to a crash in the economy. If anything, a realism merge would help stabilize prices of some things that aren't frequently grind(ed?) (ground?) . It's a slow game-mode, and this means you do a LOT of boss killing, skilling, and raiding. Realism would contribute a lot to the normie economy, and with the player base as small as it is, I think it's time for a change and a merge

Make realism what it should be, a normie account with a close to OSRS experience. People who play this game-mode, or are interested in playing it, don't want to play it because of the split economy, they want to play it because of the exp rates and because it's more rewarding to max the lowest exp rated game-mode on Alora.

Posted 29 November 2022 - 07:18 AM #2

Arosa

Veteran

Arosa

• Time spent:
      481d 14h 24m 40s

• Total level:
    Awards

SUPPORT on the merge!

I quote as an old wise man once said: "Make realism what it should be, a normie account with a close to OSRS experience."

Posted 29 November 2022 - 07:25 AM #3

Lucas
Veteran

Lucas
Clan: klam

• Time spent:
      87d 14h 53m 2s

• Previous username:
    N

• Total level:
    Awards

Support

I have been wanting to play Realism for a long time. I want an account I can spend months/years on and still feel a steady feeling of progression. But as it is right now where a few people basically run the economy is not for me.

Y6G5YcH.png

K16nEcv.png

8kZaGz2.pngJ3Pq0uX.png

Posted 29 November 2022 - 07:39 AM #4

Mufasa
Administrator

Mufasa

• Time spent:
      120d 22h 27m 30s

• Previous username:
    El Mufasa

• Total level:
    Awards

Support : I've been looking forward to making an account with a long progression curve, but right now realism economy is not for me.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 29 November 2022 - 07:47 AM #5

Krest
Veteran

Krest
Clan: PRE

• Time spent:
      56d 8h 40m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

SUPPORT as many have said and stated the push away for realism is the eco. I would 100% play realism as my main game mode if this merged happen. Can not see why this is not a thing since classic was merged.

Posted 29 November 2022 - 07:58 AM #6

Ivy
Ex-Staff

Ivy
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      81d 21h 6m 5s

• Previous username:
    Misfit EIM

• Total level:
    Awards
I support this.

I have made a realism in the past, multiple to be exact. With the goal to grind and have fun. Except every time I jump on it, I almost feel there's an obligation to play "as an ironman" yet that's not what the game mode is. When prices of low level items are more inflated than the world gas prices right now, it is not fun, nor appealing to anyone who wishes to play this game mode.

Yes the old heads of the game mode have their reasons, but they need to also take into consideration the rest of the community who feel no motivation to play the game mode for the economy reason.

If the economy was to be merged with realism, I could see myself and others starting up and actually enjoying the mode for what it is. This also wouldn't take anything away from the realism's who have spent countless hours on the game mode, your items, your stats, your achievements will be exactly the same, expect your in a full economy.

I do respect the work you old heads of the realisms have put in to your community and economy. But I think it's time to join ours.

Posted Image

(っ◔◡◔)っ Community Awards:

Spoiler

Posted 29 November 2022 - 08:06 AM #7

Veteran

Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      299d 6h 1m 39s

• Previous username:
    Monaco

• Total level:
    Awards
Reasons why I think this is a bad idea and shouldn't be implemented:
- Realism exp rate is already very close to the Classic exp rate
- The change would effectively half the bank value of every Realism player
- The vote is being made by players that don't even play the gamemode
- A lot of players do enjoy the separate economy

In summary I would rather a few players be forced to play a slightly higher exp rate gamemode in Classic than ruin the game experience for what is probably a significant amount of old players.

Posted 29 November 2022 - 08:10 AM #8

Aves
Veteran

Aves
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      34d 18h 22m 21s

• Total level:
    Awards

The split economy was always a strange idea to me. When I see someone selling realism gp in yell, it always feels strange.. like they're playing a completely different game than I am. I think both current and prospective realism players would benefit greatly from an economy merge, just like classic players did when their eco was merged with the rest of the game. 

Support.

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 29 November 2022 - 10:41 AM #9

Lunchy
Veteran

Lunchy

• Time spent:
      27d 7h 39m 40s

• Total level:
    Awards

Reasons why I think this is a bad idea and shouldn't be implemented:
- Realism exp rate is already very close to the Classic exp rate
- The change would effectively half the bank value of every Realism player
- The vote is being made by players that don't even play the gamemode
- A lot of players do enjoy the separate economy

In summary I would rather a few players be forced to play a slightly higher exp rate gamemode in Classic than ruin the game experience for what is probably a significant amount of old players.

I like seeing why some other people might not want to merge, so thanks for taking the time to comment.

After trying both game-modes, realism feels so much slower than classic. Once you factor in the well, vote books, bonus xp days, it's still more than half the exp of classic. Realism is a lot more early game grindy, so you get the full experience of start to finish. Classic is definitely a grind, but some people like the lower exp rate, or some people already have a realism and don't want to start over on a classic just to be a part of the community eco.

With regards to the vote being made by people who don't play realism, I think it's a good thing. This merge talk is about the future of realism too, a lot of the comments have been from people who have played, or showed interest in playing, but ultimately decided against it or quit because it's essentially an ironman game-mode. Sure, a handful of people are against this, mainly the older realism players, but the fate of a game-mode shouldn't be decided on just a few people, because once they quit or move on you're left with an empty realism.

About the "some people enjoy the split eco", I stand firm on my main reasoning for that is because of potions. Every realism player I've talked to mentioned herblore/potions. Gatekeeping a whole game-mode experience over access to ;;shops is just silly.

Posted 29 November 2022 - 11:00 AM #10

GRINDING EIM
Elite Ironman

GRINDING EIM

• Time spent:
      14h 27m 23s

• Total level:
    Awards

Support.

I came back to realism about two months ago, and while it is nice to not be able to buy 99s there are times where I don't play for a couple days and the exact same "recent" items are on the tp. To the comment that classic is only slightly higher xp than realism I think this is incorrect. Like Lunchy said about the well, votebooks, etc, the max bonus you can get on realism is like 3.6x. Classic on the other hand is like 10x. Now, when it comes to ironmen, I have a pretty good idea of the xp rates, but that's like saying EIM vs Post 99 ironman are about the same. 

SZxBN8m.png

Posted 29 November 2022 - 01:07 PM #11

Realmungard
Realism

Realmungard
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      91d 12h 28m 28s

• Total level:
    Awards

Okay, as someone who has been playing realism for nearly entirity of his playtime. I can only say big no to this for a few reasons.

Realism has some of the sweatiest gamers and a lot of the achievements come from grinding for your supplies. I personally would instantly quit the server as the last challenge game mode for me is gone at that point. I feel like a lot of people just vote yes because they want to max realism from the bank buying out all normie supplies and just max easily.

We already got a low exp normie mode being classic. And that mode is completely devaluated by being able to buy uncuts/herbs/seeds and so much more and spam 200ms in a super fast and easy way.

And then im not even talking about realism players getting 3rd of the gp from caskets/revenant emblems/ensouled heads. Which pretty much result in me losing out on 5b+ just from rev gp drops. Probably another 1b in caskets from slayer and another 500m from ensouled heads from doing 15k greater demons/abbysal demons just for 99 slayer.

Ex. Phanny phart would pretty much instantly quit his grind to 4.6b as of now he is/was using 2 different accounts to fund his entire 200m grinds. (He has over 4b realism exp on slayer/woodcutting/mining and rc and slayer alts) And that’s just one of the sweaty players, not even talking about kurfue, alan, Denmark, cheese, myself, exe, trumpwonbro.

Doing the realism merge will only result in 95% of realism community quitting the server cus it pretty much completely deletes all incentive to play the mode, and they’ll just end up leaving alora. And I love how not a single yes vote is someone with a realism account.

And to answer the ironman remarks of some here. If you guys played the fresh start worlds were blowpipes were 50m also at start. A lot of endgame realism players just collect their stuff for 200ms. I personally did sarachnis for 99 crafting. And I only did that dead boss which I would’ve never done for the sole purpose of getting supplies.

Tl:dr. It’d be great memes. But it would honestly result in most realism players quitting the game and move to other servers/games. And Ill definitely be one of them. Also I love how not a single person who plays realism have voted yes. And the reasoning from most pretty much all comes down to "Its too hard for me to get the forum award". Alot of realism players pick the seperate econ for the sole purpose of every drop meaning something to their account progression.

Posted 29 November 2022 - 01:50 PM #12

Smackingthat
Realism

Smackingthat

• Time spent:
      2d 15h 43m 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

If you see who voted for yes, 99% of them are not maxed on realism.

If you choose realism, please grind. Gimslaving got maxed in 25+ days without buying any kind of items on realism!(almost everything by himself) J boogs got in 30+ days...

It's not interesting, if you can buy everykind of item in TP!

Ruining realism economy means - all people who was grinding items for a years they just will quit, because its no reason to play that gamemode, if you can instantly donate 100% and you can buy a TBOW or other stuff.

My opinion - NO SUPPORT

P.S. - If you cant buy everything in tp, grind it and try to get by yourself  :P

Posted 29 November 2022 - 01:50 PM #13

Dad
Realism

Dad

• Time spent:
      6d 4h 19m 7s

• Previous username:
    real nub

• Total level:

Strongly disagree with this idea, just play classic if you are looking for a slower xp rate and a normie economy. 

Posted 29 November 2022 - 01:52 PM #14

Smackingthat
Realism

Smackingthat

• Time spent:
      2d 15h 43m 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

If you see who voted for yes, 99% of them are not maxed on realism.

If you choose realism, please grind. Gimslaving got maxed in 25+ days without buying any kind of items on realism!(almost everything by himself) J boogs got in 30+ days...

It's not interesting, if you can buy everykind of item in TP!

Ruining realism economy means - all people who was grinding items for a years they just will quit, because its no reason to play that gamemode, if you can instantly donate 100% and you can buy a TBOW or other stuff.

My opinion - NO SUPPORT

P.S. - If you cant buy everything in tp, grind it and try to get by yourself  :P

I 100% agree to @Realmungard

Posted 29 November 2022 - 01:56 PM #15

Dad
Realism

Dad

• Time spent:
      6d 4h 19m 7s

• Previous username:
    real nub

• Total level:

I support the idea of Omi granting anyone who wants a one way transfer from Realism to Classic. 

Posted 29 November 2022 - 02:06 PM #16

Lunchy
Veteran

Lunchy

• Time spent:
      27d 7h 39m 40s

• Total level:
    Awards

I knew that this would not be supported by the small majority of major stakeholders in realism, and I addressed that part too. Once the stakeholders stop playing, realism is dead without a merge. Only a few people are keeping it alive right now, because new people don't want to join it. Classic was merged 4 years ago, and if it weren't for that, there'd be no classic players on Alora right now. With a playbase of 500 on a good day, having multi economies isn't sustainable. As I stated earlier, we shouldn't gatekeep a whole game-mode just for a few elites.

Buyable skills is the main concern because "if you can buy the skill it's useless to max." You can already do that, just with a few extra steps. You can buy realism gp, you can buy realism skills, it's just more inflated because it's a smaller playerbase. Merging with normie economy isn't going to mean anyone can get 200m construction tomorrow. It's still 2x exp, there's still a finite supplies of mahogany planks. Getting 200m supplies on a normie was hard enough without overpaying, much less doing that 8 times over on realism. The point of the merge isn't to make all skills buyable (which they are already btw), it's to stop running people away from the game-mode.

You will still need alts to help get supplies, you will still need to grind for supplies, you will still need to spend HOURS working on your account. All of these are the appeal to the realism players, and it's why I play realism, but a merge won't take away these things, you will still need to do them.

Will edit to add this instead of spamming posts: Some points made are "people who voted haven't even maxed a realism." It's because people who've commented have tried to play realism and felt it lackluster and trash economy so they quit. This is the main talking point of my post, the sustainability of realism split eco. People want to play the game-mode, but they don't want to play ironman mode. You're turning away new people just because you're the top of the food chain, it's not sustainable.

• Ivy likes this

Posted 29 November 2022 - 02:15 PM #17

HoldinAP
Realism

HoldinAP
Clan: Looking for none toxic one.

• Time spent:
      15d 12h 14m 47s

• Total level:
    Awards

FIRST is i want that votes are ONLY available for realism because this our gamemode,if u don't know our community is one of the best in the server. ps. i bet who voted YES doesn't even have realism or not even 99   80%

And what the point of making realism if you can buy everything of other peaple with normie money, peaple are useing normie money to buy realism items. what the point of playing this gamemode? to be best?

No point of merging ;;shops for pots or whatever because then all Phannys hard work with EVERY single skill goes to drain, and all the blessing going to waste, if u wanna repay then do it.

And u can look at other suggestion that peaple trying to make realism easy and what Omi is doing? denying most of the post.

And with 1 year of being part of us you want to destroy alot of Veteran realism hard work? 

NO SUPPORT

Road To End Game

• Spoiler

Collection Log

Spoiler

Awards

Spoiler

Posted 29 November 2022 - 02:26 PM #18

Selenagomez
Veteran

Selenagomez
Clan: Paragon #FAFO

• Time spent:
      65d 16h 32m 14s

• Previous username:
    Run IT BACK

• Total level:
    Awards

If im going to be honest with you, if this is even going to be thought about it should be polled between realism accounts that have 15+ maybe more days played, or a certain total level. Or we should just leave the game mode as is. 

If you want slow xp normie go play classic. (Classic is already a very small game mode, i wonder why...) Classic players havent even hit 4.6b and they got merged with normie a long time ago.

Lets just go with No support for obvious reasons. This should not even be polled between non realism players at all even if you have a interest in the game mode if it goes to normie eco. You will probably play your realism for a week or two before finding out the grind is too much even with buyables and quit.

You mean the 5 people actively playing classic? 

Classic was merged 4 years ago, and if it weren't for that, there'd be no classic players on Alora right now. 

Edit: Having read more replies to this id like to address something Ivy Said. 

" I almost feel there's an obligation to play "as an ironman" yet that's not what the game mode is. When prices of low level items are more inflated than the world gas prices right now"

I can't believe im reading this. At the start of an account you should be iron manning everything. Even if youre a NORMIE. Normies dont login the game and instantly have gp to just go buy everything. They go make gp some way. 9/10 this is going to be via a "ironman" method. So why should items not cost something? and the reason why they are so cheap on normie is because the game mode has been out since the server has been out everyone and their mothers have items and that just dont mean anything to them, and shops already sell most of the items you need for cheap anyways. 

Maybe what you should be asking for is more shops that have items close to what normie shops have instead of a merged eco.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 29 November 2022 - 03:22 PM #19

Real Exe
Realism

Real Exe

• Time spent:
      2d 6h 44m 43s

• Previous username:
    E X E P K JR

• Total level:
    Awards

To be honest, starting this topic without having had a realism account that's been through the ups and downs of the game mode at all, precisely because "you're a skiller and want slow xp rates" 

rapidly makes this whole shebang invalid.

To quote what Holdin said, if you actually got into the realism community, discord etc, you'd know what he's talking about!

To quote Selena, in all honesty this vote should be taken between all the realism players since there's a hella lot more than Classic players.

How about you try and play through a realism account properly and then, after giving it a fair shot come back and start another poll.

No support.

The game mode is fine as it is.

Peace

Posted 29 November 2022 - 03:24 PM #20

Realism mode
Veteran

Realism mode
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      33d 10h 24m 13s

• Total level:
    Awards
Not sure if a meme or serious but NO SUPPORT

Most of realisms plays it because of separate economy and how the shops works, as you can see there is no realism players voting yes to this.
If u want to play low xp normie go classic and what happened to classic after merge what 3 or 4 active players atm? Just not worth to ruin this game mode.
But if this somehow passes I can’t wait to new 1x xp rate separate eco game mode next year!
Posted ImagePosted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 194 user(s)