Photo

Let's talk about Realism.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

Poll: Merging Realism. (101 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we merge Realism with the rest of the eco?

1. Yes (43 votes [42.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.57%

2. No (50 votes [49.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 49.50%

3. I don't care either way (8 votes [7.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.92%

Vote

Posted 29 November 2022 - 03:55 PM #21

Trailerpark
Group Ironman

Trailerpark

• Time spent:
      34d 4h 15m 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

I started playing Realism 350 days ago, and I am by no means an eco holder, nor am I a prominent player.

Just a casual Realism player with a sub 1300 total level cd192e0f070e400d657bff657c2d213b.png

I'm replying to this topic, hoping to represent the non-elite of Realism realism2.png

Now I know that this merge isn't supported by some of the old heads that play realism, and let's talk about why, but also let's not decide the fate of the game-mode on less than 5 people who have played it long term. A merge is about helping the community grow because I truly feel like people would want to play this game-mode if it wasn't for the simple fact that they're not a part of the rest of the economy.

I knew that this would not be supported by the small majority of major stakeholders in realism, and I addressed that part too. Once the stakeholders stop playing, realism is dead without a merge. Only a few people are keeping it alive right now, because new people don't want to join it. Classic was merged 4 years ago, and if it weren't for that, there'd be no classic players on Alora right now. With a playbase of 500 on a good day, having multi economies isn't sustainable. As I stated earlier, we shouldn't gatekeep a whole game-mode just for a few elites.

I don't wish for an economy merge

I believe listening to the "5 people who have played it long time" is worthwhile!

Like you said: "Only a few players are keeping it alive right now"

They've created a brilliant community full of helpful and including players.

I personally believe that the split economy is beneficial for the survival of Realism. A merge would mean the end :FeelsHangMan:

The majority of RSPS players wish for fast progress - that's why players steer clear of the gamemode. Not because of inflated prices.

No support

To anyone reading this: consider creating a Realism account and share your journey with the "sweatiest gamers" :FeelsBigbrain: of Alora or whatever Realmungard said :TopKek:

Trailerpark_signature.png?width=1442&hei

Credit: Cwars

Want to read more Trailerpark content?

Agility_icon.png?22e10 Agility 1 ~ 99 Agility_icon.png?22e10|Hunter_icon.png?8762f Hunter 1 ~ 99 Hunter_icon.png?8762f

From Lucky_impling_jar.png?2f08f to Ranger_boots.png?64679|From Tokkul_25.png?de052 to Uncut_onyx.png?ea873

Amy%27s_saw.png?2d4eb Mahogany Homes Mahogany_plank.png?c365c|Gricoller%27s_can.png?e5e8b Tithe Farm Farmer%27s_strawhat.png?1008b                  

Falador_Teleport.png?5f472 First Alora Riot Smite.png?d9143|Senntisten_Teleport.png?8abaa Second Alora Riot Retribution.png?724d1

Cabbage.png?1ee52 How To Stay On Your Grind Vial_of_water.png?d9c3a|Necklace_of_anguish.png?1f378 Get Your Bling On Alora Slayer_ring_(eternal).png?ca632       

--> Click here to browse my recent topics <--

:withlove:     :withlove:     :withlove:     :withlove:     :withlove:     :withlove:     :withlove:     :withlove:     :withlove:

See you on the grind!

Posted 29 November 2022 - 04:09 PM #22

RNG Bitch
Uber Donator

RNG Bitch
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      6d 21h 38m 21s

• Total level:
    Awards
Neutral on this as this does not affect me. I do however think a poll should be held for realism players only, being open to all will skew the results.

3f5ed2ed4a3c19c9ac78fbd54ac5ac3c.png

Posted 29 November 2022 - 04:20 PM #23

strudelle

Veteran

strudelle

• Time spent:
      90d 16h 33m 17s

• Total level:
    Awards

NO SUPPORT !!

as i am currently playing realism and as you stated in your topic : realism is the best game mode 

realism is not only about the sepperate eco, its about the realism community where everyone is helping each other to reach their goals.

yes the grind is real, the items are harder to obtain and are very expensif, but if you are playing this game mode probably any realism will be down to trade you supplies for other supplies without spending any money.

the realism community lends item, raid , have fun togheter no matter what cc you are in only because its a community.

most of the realism trust each other and play together, normies are just greedy and want more money

if you want a normie game mode with lower xp, go play classic and give yourself some goals like not using votebooks or stuff like this, but please leave the realism eco for the players who enjoy it.

if this game mode (realism) aint for you, make sure to choose another.

with all my respect, ''real beer''  #realism<3

Posted 29 November 2022 - 07:19 PM #24

Ivy
Ex-Staff

Ivy
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      81d 21h 20m 35s

• Previous username:
    Misfit EIM

• Total level:
    Awards

Edit: Having read more replies to this id like to address something Ivy Said.

" I almost feel there's an obligation to play "as an ironman" yet that's not what the game mode is. When prices of low level items are more inflated than the world gas prices right now"

I can't believe im reading this. At the start of an account you should be iron manning everything. Even if youre a NORMIE. Normies dont login the game and instantly have gp to just go buy everything. They go make gp some way. 9/10 this is going to be via a "ironman" method. So why should items not cost something? and the reason why they are so cheap on normie is because the game mode has been out since the server has been out everyone and their mothers have items and that just dont mean anything to them, and shops already sell most of the items you need for cheap anyways.

Maybe what you should be asking for is more shops that have items close to what normie shops have instead of a merged eco.

While you make some very valid points, yes early game you should be in the ironman mindset, there's no doubt about that. It's once you past that hump is where this feeling comes through (atleast for me it does)

My thoughts behind it is, why play in an economy that is run by a few people. The point of this topic is for members that are both currently a realism/looking to make a realism.

But what would I know I'm not a "maxed" realism nor have I "played the game mode". Yes I haven't maxed so I have experienced the full game mode, but actually playing the game mode is a different story. Alot of assumptions out here in the topic.

No hate, just having a conversation.

Posted Image

(っ◔◡◔)っ Community Awards:

Spoiler

Posted 29 November 2022 - 08:37 PM #25

DickRockhard
Realism

DickRockhard
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      3d 12h 53m 5s

• Total level:
    Awards

Im in support of this, i think modes like this being their own eco for a while and then getting merged just makes sense

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 29 November 2022 - 09:16 PM #26

Realzach
Realism

Realzach
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      5d 23h 31m 37s

• Total level:
    Awards

No support from me, I love realism how it Is now and I'm not a eco holder just a casual gamer.

EDIT:

The realism community is more than just gamers its a group of people that are there for you when you need that boost to keep grinding or you need help learning a raid or wanna run raids. Real Alan has helped me a lot when I first started Alora with game knowledge as well as teaching me raids 1 which I have 50+solos between accounts now. (GIve a man a fish, feeds him for one day, teach a man to fish, feeds him for life) slowly but surely I'll get toa down but ik Real Alan has me covered if I plank :P The realism eco is like before GE time Osrs where you actually have to talk to other people.( The golden days) I used to be a gamer where I didn't vc because I was uncomfortable voice chatting people I didn't know irl , but since joining the realism community I have got out of that and have been actually having a lot of fun vcing the boys doing toa ect if you join realism reach out to any of us join the realism discord join vc and come game and have actual fun like the old days.

Posted 29 November 2022 - 11:01 PM #27

Psyc
Uber Donator

Psyc

• Time spent:
      9d 22h 2m 19s

• Total level:
    Awards

I don't play Realism so take my opinion as it is, but I SUPPORT (but I shouldn't get to vote on it)

One of the main reasons I do not and will not play realism is because the economy is so twisted and common items which should be easy to get are super inflated in price. I know that the merge would possibly take away the accomplishment of players who grinded out the end game and have full sets of realism BIS gear but this would help the newer players who are just starting and want to play realism but don't want the basically-ironman grind of getting certain items because none exist to trade. 

I also don't think non-realism players should make the decision ultimately. It should be up to the realism community. 

Posted 30 November 2022 - 12:42 AM #28

Real Alan
Realism

Real Alan
Clan: Realists

• Time spent:
      68d 21h 45m 43s

• Total level:
    Awards

This suggestion is what happens when staff take a joke way too fucking far.

You know the proverb... A frog in a well knows nothing of the sea?

You basically went around asking different frogs in different wells, what they don't like about the sea.

Then, you took their input and as evidence to support your claim about the sea.  Without ever actually talking to any Realism players. 

Anyways, let's break down some of these frogs' reasoning.

1. 'I want Normie Eco on realism, because I don't like the Realism Eco on Realism.'  @ Lunchy @ N @ Ivy

It's pretty simple.  You come to a new place.  Then you respect the new place's rules. 

All the items on the Realism eco were earned by players playing under the same 2x xp rate rules.

This was well established at the very start of Realism.

Introducing items earned under a different set of rules is not going to improve the game.  It's only cheating the game and its players.

When you embark on the Realism journey, you're essentially signing up for a marathon.  Walk the walk.

Don't try to sneak a motorcycle into the marathon.  The whole point of the marathon is to do it on your own 2 feet with other people playing by the same rules.

If you want a normie game mode with slow xp rate, go suggest fresh start Alora world with 1x xp that merges with normie in half a year.

Start a new competition and see how many people are interested. 

Don't go around trying to change the pre-established marathon rules and fucking it up for all the other past, present, and future marathon gamers.

2. 'A few people basically run the economy'

Uhh... another baseless claim...

When you start realism, you get 8 items to contribute to the economy (slots in the TP).  Donating will allow you to contribute more items.  Alternatively, you can put items in on another account's TP.

Naturally, players who have played the longest will have more surplus items to contribute to the economy.  That does NOT mean they run the economy. 

No one is being forced to buy from the TP at outrageous prices.  The items on the TP are meant to be on the high end like a vending machine.

This way they don't sell out right away, allowing player continuous, quick, but costly access to key items.  Can't afford it?  Spend the time getting it yourself.

It's basically an advertisement board.  Private message me with a counteroffer if you need this item. I have extras.

To those that think a few people basically run the economy, please provide some actual evidence.  Especially if you're current or ex-staff.

I'm one of those people that sell super restores in the TP for 100k each.  If you think it's overpriced, don't buy from me.

Why don't you go sell the same product at a more affordable price then?  That's how an economy works.

If a new player messaged me asking for some prayer potions, I wouldn't think twice and would just trade over 28 noted potions.  It's not even about the money.

You ever wonder what would happen if I listed my super restores at normie price on the realism market?   They'd be bought up real quick by the first person to see it.  

Plus, I'd barely get any compensation for the time it took me to make them.  I could easily make more money just thieving elves, so it makes no sense for me to make pots and then sell it at normie price.

If you think you're the expert on prices, why don't you tell me how much you think realism potions should cost?  Instead of complaining of inflated costs, tell me what an acceptable cost is.

Honestly, it's pretty simple.  If you put the item in the trading post, you get to determine how much it costs to withdraw it.

No one is forcing people to buy your stuff.  It's a free market.  Don't want to buy something, go get it yourself. 

Supply is limited to realism players.  No ironmen dropping their dupes into your market.

Don't like how there are so few suppliers?  Why don't you become a supplier yourself?

3. 'Only a few people are keeping it alive right now, because new people don't want to join it.'

Where's your proof that only a few people are keeping it alive?  I have a whole realism discord to prove otherwise.

Let's compare and see who's evidence is more reliable.  Perhaps the real reason new people don't want to join is from lack of support from the server.

The server has been pushing leagues -> gim -> HC gim.  There hasn't been ANY staff leadership in the realism department.  

Instead, staff has been constantly making merge realism jokes for years now... 

Perhaps the real reason, there aren't as many new realism players... is because the staff team does a terrible job at encouraging it.

They just joke around, spreading gossip about merging Realism.  

Besides, what's your evidence?  You talked to a dozen people who play other game modes and asked them what they don't like about realism?

How many people are keeping HC GIM alive?  Should we merge that too?  No, because the game mode's rules were well establish on release.

4. 'It bothers me when people buy Realism GP with Normie GP'. 

What's the problem?  Swapping between game modes is on OSRS too.

How does buying Realism GP bother you, but not buying GIM Bank?

If you don't like it, just don't do it.  Even on normie, people swap real life currency for in-game gp via custom donation.  So what? 

Question for you...

You mentioned realism is the best game mode, but you failed to provide any reasoning.  Why do you think realism is the best game mode?

You mentioned that you talked to 'long term realism players.'  Which long term realism players did you talk to? 

Which long term realism player told you that shops is main reason against realism merge?

Because I can think of a dozen better reason why a merge would be bad.  Starting with it ruins the integrity of the game.

rCjd36m.gif

779858f92372b65448411ebb99ae2454.gif

Community Awards

186389e1c9f184e3f3b56b038179afd0.png

Spoiler

Content

Topic 79261 - Real Alan's Spin Guide

Topic 82478 - How a Penguin Ended Up in Port Sarim Jail

Accomplishments

Spoiler

Game Suggestions

Pet Timeline

Spoiler

Posted 30 November 2022 - 01:03 AM #29

lebong james
Uber Donator

lebong james

• Time spent:
      1h 2m 49s

• Total level:
    Awards

No, do I need to explain why ? no.  :wacko:

Posted 30 November 2022 - 05:05 AM #30

Darkened
Realism

Darkened

• Time spent:
      1d 22h 8m 27s

• Total level:
    Awards

Absolutely not supporting this! 

The game mode is fine as it is and rules were established at the beginning of the game mode. Classic is a game mode with low xp rate with normie economy that people can easily try if that's how they want it. However, think about how many people are playing classic mode now, even though they are merged with normie eco, seems far less classic players than realism. 

There are more than just 5 active realism players, we all play at different hours of the day so we are not all active at the same time. 

There should be no one outside of the realism community that should get a vote on this. Ruining our economy just to a few people to try it and then quitting because the xp rate is still too low is not worth losing the veterans that are playing the game mode already. We have grinding for our levels and have helped each other out, as well as new players who we welcome gladly and help in any way we can. Don't think our community from us because most of the realism players now will quit and that will kill the realism game mode. 

Posted 30 November 2022 - 05:50 AM #31

needahrimjob
Realism

needahrimjob

• Time spent:
      1d 16h 53m

• Total level:
    Awards

Absolutely NO SUPPORT. Everything you're asking for can be achieved in realism the way it is now. Even if the economy is as you say it is, why would you not want the extra grind of getting PvM items? Plus if you have a normie as you say you do and you need realism items, ALOT of the realism community will sell late game items for normie GP. Nothing positive comes out of a merge. 

Posted 30 November 2022 - 07:07 AM #32

Lunchy
Veteran

Lunchy

• Time spent:
      27d 7h 39m 40s

• Total level:
    Awards

It's the same circular argument that I've had in dm's. This is about bringing new players to a game-mode that's going to die out once the top 1% stop playing. As it stands, it's an ironman game-mode and that's not how it should be, we have plenty of ironman game-modes. Yet they say it isn't but say "can't find an item, go grind for it." You can't find the item because the economy is trash, so you go grind for it since you're on an ironman mode. It is the same argument that goes around and around. Same thing with "you just want buyman mode." You can do that now, you can buy your skills that you'd be able to buy with a merge, just the top 1% profit the most from it right now because they hold and control the eco. It's not about helping realism grow, or keeping the economy, because as Alan said to me in dm's when I told him that realism would slowly but surely die out "who cares, game modes die." Instead of not turning away every new player interested in realism, and having people join the community, you'd rather let the game mode die just so you can buy up all the pots once it hits the TP so you can control the eco still (quote from Mungard).

I'm also told, "just look at the votes." You have realism players voting on 5 different alts to inflate the no votes, that says something if that's what you need to outweigh the "yes" votes.

I've also been told, "you won't have to work for your skills anymore." Yes you will. Realism is still 2x exp. You will still have to grind so many hours, your achievements and accomplishment will still be known, it's not as simple as merging and now everyone has a maxed realism. It's a hollow argument used to push a false narrative about claiming to care about the economy.

How does this sound like a stable and working economy that is not controlled by just a small amount of people, and that doesn't need any intervention?
https://gyazo.com/05...5d3edba04b40787

Posted 30 November 2022 - 07:27 AM #33

oijnmukfvrg
Veteran

oijnmukfvrg
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      364d 3h 34m

• Previous username:

• Total level:
    Awards

Damn who would thought the same people who trying to merch newcomers voted no.

surprised-amazed-shocked-53.gif

Posted 30 November 2022 - 07:49 AM #34

Slurvish
Master Donator

Slurvish
Clan: LGBTQ+ Activist

• Time spent:
      36d 8h 50m 10s

• Total level:
    Awards
merge that shit

alien.png

Posted 30 November 2022 - 08:24 AM #35

Noa
Master Donator

Noa

• Time spent:
      19d 7h 43m 53s

• Total level:
    Awards
Great suggestion. huge SUPPORT

479a9f13de6bce186e89e2b9ffa08314.png

7d8865e96d5e514633b4fbf83f5e9c26.png

4ebd7f95252d4741a9ff1afdcb79eec4.png

Posted 30 November 2022 - 12:38 PM #36

H

Administrator

H

• Time spent:
      222d 12h 42m 25s

• Previous username:
    2OO8

• Total level:
    Awards

Getting deja vu reading some of the replies in this thread. 

Although I understand some of the concerns regarding the realism game mode, I can't help but discuss some of the replies to this thread below.

Ps: I'm not gonna go back and fix up any mistakes I may have written below. If I misunderstood you, my apologies. These are simply my thoughts that I wrote down as I read the replies. Don't take it too harshly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I personally would instantly quit the server as the last challenge game mode for me is gone at that point. I feel like a lot of people just vote yes because they want to max realism from the bank buying out all normie supplies and just max easily." - @ Realmungard

I doubt people are sitting with their client open ready to transfer over a load of supplies and spend 1000 hours maxing on an RSPS. Sure, you might have some people that will go hardcore. The whole point of merging the economy is to allow Realism to be more accessible to newer players. I've had so many conversations with people that said they don't want to play realism because everything is hoarded by all 20 players of the realism community. Many people want an OSRS-like experience, but on an RSPS. Needing to establish connections with other realists and joining private discords in order to trade with others just doesn't sit right with me. There's nothing stopping me right now from swapping over 2b normie for realism and hoarding everything and then selling it for higher prices. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We already got a low exp normie mode being classic." - @ Realmungard

Classic is hardly a low exp mode when you can enable 300 different bonuses and get a x10+ experience rate. The whole point of Realism is that it's extremely close rates to OSRS while still having an RSPS feel to it. At the moment playing a Realism account is like playing an OSRS ironman. There's hardly any midgame supplies in the trading post to help you get your stats up because they're all being hoarded by a select few. Needing connections to get half of the items in the game is extremely lame in my opinion. If you take a look at the trading post right now half of the items are either overpriced or there are straight up none for sale in the trading post. If I was a new realism player and that's what I saw I would be worried.

"Doing the realism merge will only result in 95% of realism community quitting the server cus it pretty much completely deletes all incentive to play the mode, and they’ll just end up leaving alora. And I love how not a single yes vote is someone with a realism account." - @ Realmungard

An assumption. I doubt that would happen. A select few might move on, but it would be for the better of the game mode anyways. Also the reason this thread was made in the first place is because there are people that want to play the game mode but are deterred by the fact that everything is hoarded. Every realist saying "Only realists should be able to vote in this poll" are not understanding the reasoning behind this topic in the first place. Saying that statement is like asking an eco-holder if we should reset the eco. Obviously they'll say no.

"If you see who voted for yes, 99% of them are not maxed on realism." - @ Smackingthat

"No point of merging ;;shops for pots or whatever because then all Phannys hard work with EVERY single skill goes to drain, and all the blessing going to waste, if u wanna repay then do it.

And with 1 year of being part of us you want to destroy alot of Veteran realism hard work? 

Ruining realism economy means - all people who was grinding items for a years they just will quit, because its no reason to play that gamemode, if you can instantly donate 100% and you can buy a TBOW or other stuff.

P.S. - If you cant buy everything in tp, grind it and try to get by yourself   :P" - @ HoldinAP

"If I had to do this cancer method to get anywhere on this game mode, so does everyone else!". Reminds me of people on OSRS that vote no to new content because it would devalue their account (See GOTR, new gear, etc.). We might as well not touch anything in this game at all to make sure nothing is devalued. Sure, it will suck for some if this goes ahead, but it was never meant to be like this in the first place. The release of realism was meant to be an OSRS experience on RSPS with its own economy. But the economy has shifted to hoarding because of the lack of players so what has happened is realism has turned into an ironman game mode and in my opinion that needs to be fixed. 

"Classic players havent even hit 4.6b and they got merged with normie a long time ago." - @ Selenagomez

"We already got a low exp normie mode being classic. And that mode is completely devaluated by being able to buy uncuts/herbs/seeds and so much more and spam 200ms in a super fast and easy way." - @ Realmungard

Contradictions... contradictions...

"When you embark on the Realism journey, you're essentially signing up for a marathon.  Walk the walk.

Don't try to sneak a motorcycle into the marathon.  The whole point of the marathon is to do it on your own 2 feet with other people playing by the same rules.

If you want a normie game mode with slow xp rate, go suggest fresh start Alora world with 1x xp that merges with normie in half a year.

Start a new competition and see how many people are interested. 

Don't go around trying to change the pre-established marathon rules and fucking it up for all the other past, present, and future marathon gamers." - @ Real Alan

I assume you played OSRS and voted yes to some new content. If not, I apologize but I guess a few in this thread have played OSRS so in that case they can relate.

When you(people in this thread) joined OSRS, you're signing up for a marathon. Walk the walk. Don't try to sneak a motorcycle into the marathon.

Slayer exp rates have gone from 25k exp/hr to 100k exp/hr on 07. Lets see what Malt Lickeys thinks about these changes after he got 200m slayer. Maybe we should ask what Lynx Titan thinks about various skills being made 2 or 3 times easier as the years go on. With your logic, 07 would still be stuck in the 2007 era. 

I played classic mode when it was released and it had its own economy and it later got merged. That was a very beneficial change in my opinion and I think Realism would benefit too. 

"2. 'A few people basically run the economy'

Uhh... another baseless claim...

To those that think a few people basically run the economy, please provide some actual evidence.  Especially if you're current or ex-staff.

I'm one of those people that sell super restores in the TP for 100k each.  If you think it's overpriced, don't buy from me.

Why don't you go sell the same product at a more affordable price then?  That's how an economy works."  - @ Real Alan

All it took was 10 seconds to search the official Alora marketplace.

https://i.imgur.com/eNOkyzR.png

https://i.imgur.com/pbMUOQF.png

https://i.imgur.com/o6v7V6s.png

https://i.imgur.com/7z3dkBr.png

"why don't you go sell the same product at a more affordable price then?" - @ Real Alan

That's the point of this thread... People that want to play a slower experience mode shouldn't have to spend 300 hours to have access to some potions, or gear. It's a ridiculous argument if we're being honest. At the end of the day, we're playing a PRIVATE SERVER. 

"3. 'Only a few people are keeping it alive right now, because new people don't want to join it.'

Perhaps the real reason new people don't want to join is from lack of support from the server.

The server has been pushing leagues -> gim -> HC gim.  There hasn't been ANY staff leadership in the realism department.  

Perhaps the real reason, there aren't as many new realism players... is because the staff team does a terrible job at encouraging it." - @ Real Alan

We shouldn't be begging people to choose realism as their game mode. People should want to play the game mode. The whole point of this thread is to see if people want a normal eco and realism eco merge to make the game mode accessible. No one is advertising Ironman or Elite Iron modes to people. You didn't see me beg people to make an UIM. People thought it was fun, and joined those game modes. Perhaps this would be the same if realism eco wasn't so bad. 

Also, the reason other modes are being pushed is because they're new lol. Realism game mode had a $1,500 tournament on release. HCGIM was recently released so obviously it will get the spotlight for a bit. 

Just to give my own thoughts, I'd like to see a realism economy merge with normal economy. Perhaps it would entice me to play realism. I don't like the idea of having to join private discords and trading that way to get supplies. Some stuff being WAY overpriced because of hoarding is really lame too IMO. 

In my opinion, what should've been done from the start is having game modes, and then choosing an experience rate that's the same for every game mode.

E.g Pick HC, choose x40, x20, x6, x2, or pick Elite Iron, choose x40, x20, x6, x2. If I remember correctly, I believe this is possible but it's not something that has been requested. 

Also, on the topic of game modes. The fact that GIM exists in the way it does right now bothers me more than realism eco at the moment. Making a Group IRONMAN and buying a twisted bow for it is very weird. Perhaps going the OSRS route and having a few different GIM modes(ranked/unranked or whatever) would be sick. 

Thanks for reading. 

Edit: The fact that some individuals are voting on several different accounts to influence an opinion based poll tells me everything I need to know. 

Posted Image
Spoiler

Posted 30 November 2022 - 01:02 PM #37

real b0rn
Banned

real b0rn

• Time spent:
      23h 4m 23s

• Total level:
    Awards

A economy merge will absolutely destroy the game mode. It would be better to release realism hardcore ironman. Thank you.

Posted 30 November 2022 - 01:49 PM #38

Real Alan
Realism

Real Alan
Clan: Realists

• Time spent:
      68d 21h 45m 43s

• Total level:
    Awards

It's the same circular argument that I've had in dm's. This is about bringing new players to a game-mode that's going to die out once the top 1% stop playing. As it stands, it's an ironman game-mode and that's not how it should be, we have plenty of ironman game-modes. Yet they say it isn't but say "can't find an item, go grind for it." You can't find the item because the economy is trash, so you go grind for it since you're on an ironman mode. It is the same argument that goes around and around. Same thing with "you just want buyman mode." You can do that now, you can buy your skills that you'd be able to buy with a merge, just the top 1% profit the most from it right now because they hold and control the eco. It's not about helping realism grow, or keeping the economy, because as Alan said to me in dm's when I told him that realism would slowly but surely die out "who cares, game modes die." Instead of not turning away every new player interested in realism, and having people join the community, you'd rather let the game mode die just so you can buy up all the pots once it hits the TP so you can control the eco still (quote from Mungard).

I'm also told, "just look at the votes." You have realism players voting on 5 different alts to inflate the no votes, that says something if that's what you need to outweigh the "yes" votes.

I've also been told, "you won't have to work for your skills anymore." Yes you will. Realism is still 2x exp. You will still have to grind so many hours, your achievements and accomplishment will still be known, it's not as simple as merging and now everyone has a maxed realism. It's a hollow argument used to push a false narrative about claiming to care about the economy.

How does this sound like a stable and working economy that is not controlled by just a small amount of people, and that doesn't need any intervention?
https://gyazo.com/05...5d3edba04b40787

I asked you to voice chat, and you wussed out... Saying you prefer to type.  I deliberately said I don't want to go back and forth and have you misunderstand something, and that's exactly what you did.

"Alan said to me in dm's when I told him that realism would slowly but surely die out "who cares, game modes die."  You took a 1 liner and used it to say 'alan doesn't care about realism'

When in reality, you missed the point completely.   The point is... You're using a hypothetical situation (not backed by evidence), to support merging.  

Then you ghosted me halfway through without providing any evidence for the claims you made.  (which realism did you interview and get your facts from?)

You're the type of person who argues with opinions, then when people provide concrete evidence, you refuse to accept it.

unknown.png?width=1737&height=1215

"This is about bringing new players to a game-mode that's going to die out once the top 1% stop playing." -- you haven't even met the realism community, so shush about the 1%

You know a handful of old realism players, refuse to talk to them, and then you formulate your opinion that if we [the1%] stop playing the game is dead.

How can I prove this statement wrong?  You want a list of people not in the 1% that would still play?  How big would this list have to be to get you to change your opinion?  

Real Park / Real Beer / Needahrimjob / Darkened / Holdin AP / Real Fatal / Phanny Phart / Smackingthat / Real Cheese / Real B0rn / Real Dumb / Real Denmark / Baba / Real Exe / Real Belive / Starkiller / Realzach / want me to keep going? 

legit, at what point would you accept that your hypothetical opinion 'if the 1% stop playing..." is totally wrong and baseless?  Where's the evidence to support this?  It's literally just your opinion.

You just argue on opinions (supplied by other people who don't play realism) and use that as justification all day.  Then you get all your staff friends that haven't maxed realism yet to come support.  

You're close minded and literally refuse to leave your well.  All you have to do is visit the realists discord and you'll see realism players working together, lending gear, and running TOA daily.

Gtfo with this if the key players all leave its dead.  You can say that about any team.  If all the key players on any team leave, any team is dead.  Your hypothetical opinion doesn't justify your issue with the game nor justify changing the game.

"just the top 1% profit the most from it right now because they hold and control the eco. It's not about helping realism grow, or keeping the economy, because as Alan said to me in dm's when I told him that realism would slowly but surely die out "who cares, game modes die." Instead of not turning away every new player interested in realism, and having people join the community, you'd rather let the game mode die just so you can buy up all the pots once it hits the TP so you can control the eco still (quote from Mungard)."

You're accusing me of buying up all the pots once it hits the TP so I can control the Eco.  <--- If I can prove I don't do this, will you admit you're opinion is wrong?  Or are you going to stick with a false claim from old Mungard?

You literally don't know shit about me.  If you think I'm part of the 1%, where's your evidence that I am profiting the most?  Just because I have the highest offers listed in TP on some items, doesn't mean I'm making money.  

I run out of bank space and put items in the TP (I don't need cash, so I don't expect it to sell) ... you see the high prices.... and then you formulate your opinion (1% profit the most), which is completely wrong.

"I played classic mode when it was released and it had its own economy and it later got merged. That was a very beneficial change in my opinion and I think Realism would benefit too."

How was it a beneficial change?  Please do justify your opinion with concrete evidence.  Because a big reason Realism players did not play classic... is because of the merge.

If you want to force the merge on all current realism players, please do justify how it would benefit us.  

"That's the point of this thread... People that want to play a slower experience mode shouldn't have to spend 300 hours to have access to some potions, or gear. It's a ridiculous argument if we're being honest. At the end of the day, we're playing a PRIVATE SERVER."

So what do you want me to do?  Not list my potions for 100k?  It's a free market so I can put in whatever price I want.  If my TP was empty, would that make you feel better?  

Which new player had to spend 300 hours to make potion?  Tf are you saying? 

If you want to buy something, you need to compensate the person who is selling you the item for the time it took them to make it.  It's that easy.

It's a private server.  Quite being lazy and blaming your inability to buy your way through on the people that came before you. 

If you were part of the realism community, you'd know how everyone works together to help build each other up.

"We shouldn't be begging people to choose realism as their game mode. People should want to play the game mode. The whole point of this thread is to see if people want a normal eco and realism eco merge to make the game mode accessible. No one is advertising Ironman or Elite Iron modes to people. You didn't see me beg people to make an UIM. People thought it was fun, and joined those game modes. Perhaps this would be the same if realism eco wasn't so bad. 

We don't beg people to play realism.  People make that decision themselves.  Where's your evidence that the realism eco is bad?

Lack of offers?  That doesnt mean the eco is bad.   It just means there's a smaller player base.  The reason the playerbase is smaller is because the server hasnt been hosting anything on realism.

You think selling potions at 10k each so new players can get them easily makes your eco good?  Na, bro.  That makes it trash.

It means players can no longer receive ample compensation for the time it took them to make the potions.  It's so much easier to pickpocket twice than to make a potion from scratch.  

Also, the reason other modes are being pushed is because they're new lol. Realism game mode had a $1,500 tournament on release. HCGIM was recently released so obviously it will get the spotlight for a bit. "

Exactly.  I aint begging anyone to come to realism.  You do that on your own free will.  Perhaps the real reason Realism isn't as popular is because we haven't had another server sponsored competition since.... release.... 

That's staff fault.  Don't blame this on the 'bad realism eco'

If you're going to say the realism eco is bad, provide some concrete evidence on what makes it bad.  Because having super restores available for 10k each, doesn't make your economy good. 

It makes it bad.  It means players that farm the herbs, gather the secondaries, and put the product together aren't getting compensated for their time.  It much easier to click pickpocket 2 times than to put a potion together from scratch.

Just to give my own thoughts, I'd like to see a realism economy merge with normal economy. Perhaps it would entice me to play realism. I don't like the idea of having to join private discords and trading that way to get supplies. Some stuff being WAY overpriced because of hoarding is really lame too IMO. 

Why do you want a realism merge?  H's response... it would entice me to play realism.  

still 0 evidence for why a merge would be beneficial to the game.  You're still a frog in a well, making assumptions about the sea.  

If you want your opinion to carry some actual weight, play realism first before you start pushing your realism opinions up other peps asshos 

Oh you don't like the idea of joining private discords?  Grow tf up.  Paragon has a discord.  Ice has a discord.  Discord is just a way for players to connect without being logged in game.

You can trade any way you want for supplies in a free economy.  

rCjd36m.gif

779858f92372b65448411ebb99ae2454.gif

Community Awards

186389e1c9f184e3f3b56b038179afd0.png

Spoiler

Content

Topic 79261 - Real Alan's Spin Guide

Topic 82478 - How a Penguin Ended Up in Port Sarim Jail

Accomplishments

Spoiler

Game Suggestions

Pet Timeline

Spoiler

Posted 30 November 2022 - 03:56 PM #39

Eternal Donator

• Time spent:
      26d 18h 38m 3s

• Previous username:
    GayAsAids

• Total level:
    Awards

Merge it! 

Posted 30 November 2022 - 04:04 PM #40

Bobby lazer
Veteran

Bobby lazer

• Time spent:
      24d 20h 6m 44s

• Previous username:
    Yautja

• Total level:
    Awards

merge it! i support

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 195 user(s)