The Hardcore Realist Challenge
Obtain the gauntlet cape, achievement cape, and a killstreak of 100 on realism mode.
Why take on the challenge?
Are you really living if you can't die?
- It's a great alternative to playing Hardcore Ironman. Rather than worry about deaths from disconnecting at bosses, the hardcore realist challenge has you worry about deaths from other players and teams. Your survival depends on skill and judgment alone–not AFK/DC. In addition, death reset your killstreak, but does not force you to rebuild your account entirely from scratch!
- It’s a great alternative to group iron man. Save yourself the trouble of purchasing GIM removal tickets and just accept the fact that taking breaks and moving on is part of life. Realism is a tight knit community, very similar to an open GIM group but with the trading post as our group bank. In fact, the PvP scoreboard even has realism players listed as group iron men.
- It’s a great alternative to ironman. The Ironman Xp rate is a bit too fast to provide an authentic experience of RS. For example, as an Ironman, you will max combat before you even get your hands on a whip. Whereas on realism, the whip serves as a tool to help you get to max combat. Just take a second and think about it. An OSRS based server like Alora is best enjoyed with xp rates similar to OSRS. Otherwise, you take all the skill out of skilling!
- It’s a great alternative to normie. Normie is just too easy. You max combat before you even unlock slayer helm. Plus, any big donor could just buy max gear, devaluing your manual achievements.
- It’s a great alternative to building a pk account on osrs. The realism rate (2x) combined with vote books, well, wilderness skilling bonus, event bonus, and weekend bonus make grinding realism much more like grinding deadman mode than traditional osrs. Take advantage of Alora’s dense population of defenseless pvmers and get that valuable pvp practice in!
- It’s a great alternative to wilderness pking on a normie. Why? Because pking on a normie is way too freaking boring. Fight long enough and eventually you’ll get stacked out from full hp. Just bad RNG. For that reason, hunting players on a hardcore realism account takes much more planning, skill, and reserve. You must balance both hiding and seeking! Loot doesn't matter. You're just out to hunt! Like the honey badger!
Challenges of the Challenge
- Realism players do not get loot from PVP fuck it
- Realism equipment is 3-4x the price of its normie counterpart use 2nd tier equipment / dragon crossbow & barrows
- Endgame gear like ancestral is inaccessible use ahrims & karils / avoid ancestral fights
- Your bounty target may unexpectedly teleport to you Keep combat ~100 / Most threats are either level 88 or 126
- Gauntlet & Inferno @ 100 cb f keys / correct prays / song of the elves requirements
- Training stats efficiently racing to stars / skilling on weekends / skilling in the wild / stacking multipliers / bossing
- Fighting at a disadvantage. keep karils & staff on / flash robes when barraging / flash bolt / use augury for magic defence
- Avoiding bait & unnecessary risk scouting / back up plans / camping 90+ hp / knowing the terrain
- Avoiding gap & log out prioritizing chase / attack / agility obstacle / spellbook swap
- Wilderness diary tasks complete them HC ironman style and kill anyone you see along the way!
-> very useful, especially when your target is friendly (charging air orbs)
-> speeds up the hide and seek game
-> very dangerous if your target is in multi
-> very dangerous if your target is at rune rocks (the teleport warning says single combat, but the area around is all multi)
-> very dangerous if your target is near the wilderness agility course (must stay minimum 4 spears away from multi)
-> will fail if your target is continuously running in a direction (by the time the teleport animation ends, your target is already out of range)
-> essential for minimizing risk and maximizing kills
-> 2 maxed mains (10 spellbook swaps / day) and 1 baby pure (useful for peeking inside revenant caves)
-> there are 4 star locations (north of corp exit / rune rocks / mage bank / west of mage bank)
-> stars draw in miners that can be slew for easy kills
-> majority of miners aren't prepared for the teleblock
-> if in trouble at the mage bank star, seek shelter in the dungeon (have wildy diaries done for the shortcut escape)
-> very easy way to get early kills
-> but too risky beyond level 4 wild
-> when drops start to show up in yell
-> check wilderness scoreboard for recent activity to identify threats
-> scout & prepare to engage
-> teleblock from distance
-> click target (initiating chase & staff bash once in range)
-> spellbook swap (during chase)
-> freeze (before bash)
-> if target runs towards an agility obstacle after being teleblocked
-> forget spellbook swapping
-> first try to fire off a bolt to prevent logout
-> then prioritize the obstacle to prevent gap
-> ice barrage cannot be autocast making it more difficult to cast spells at players going in and out of cave entrances and obstacles
-> the zamorak godsword special is overpowered and freezes for 20 seconds even after the freezer logs out or exits cave
-> without target priority or a team, its incredibly difficult to prevent a box
-> piety / rigour / augury to overpower pures & keep up with mains
-> ahrims / karils / blood fury to tank
-> zuriel's staff / dragon crossbow / dragon claws for DPS
5 cox completed on 1.2x cox bonus + drop booster
5 theatre of blood completed!
Inferno completed @ 101 combat!
Fury ornament kit!
10 elite clues done! (clue booster + clue bonus)
Gauntlet cape unlock! You don't need 70 attack for halberd!
Used summer pies to knock out 50 ardy laps at 85 agility!