Veteran

Mack
Clan: Noobcord

• Time spent:
      448d 21h 39m 56s

• Total level:
    Awards

Hello all,

It's been a fair bit of time now since the release of the Achievement Diary Rework here on Alora. It was a big change that brought a lot of depth and content to areas and different stages of the game that were somewhat lacking prior. We hope you've enjoyed the changes and would love to hear some feedback on the new diary system. 

Feedback information we're looking for:

•  What types of things do you like about the Achievement Diary Rework?

•  What types of things don't you like about the Achievement Diary Rework?

• What are some things you'd like to see tweaked/changed with the current Achievement Diaries? 

• What stage of the game was/were your account(s) in when you began working on the new Achievement Diaries? ie. New account, Early game, Mid-game, Late Game, Maxed/Comped.

• If you've started a fresh account since the release of the new Diary system, what has your experience with it been like?

We look forward to hearing your feedback. Thanks!

Mack

Alora Administration Team

Posted 24 May 2020 - 06:18 PM #2

Moe
Community Manager

Moe
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      246d 8h 7m 40s

• Previous username:
    IM Moe

• Total level:
    Awards

The new rework is much better than the old system, I felt the old system was just some things that I grind it out in a few hours to complete. This new system is rewarding you as you progress through the game and at certain levels.

• What are some things you'd like to see tweaked/changed with the current Achievement Diaries? 

I actually like it the way it is right now, the only thing I dislike is how many things need to be planted & the redwood tree achievement.

• What stage of the game was/were your account(s) in when you began working on the new Achievement Diaries? ie. New account, Early game, Mid-game, Late Game, Maxed/Comped.

I just made a fresh EIM account, still haven't completed the diaries yet.

• If you've started a fresh account since the release of the new Diary system, what has your experience with it been like?

Like I said in the first question, I feel like I'm being rewarded as I progress through the game. Unlocking new items, getting lamps, it's very useful and keeps you engaged.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 24 May 2020 - 07:34 PM #3

Isekaii
Classic

Isekaii

• Time spent:
      49d 4h 5m 30s

• Total level:
    Awards

I like everything about achievement diaries as its different to the simple the old system was random in terms of what the achievements were (killing 2 people under a minute).

The amount of farming tasks, it felt like the base of each diary was the same of but just at that region (farming/fming/thieving)

I still think diaries are alright, more variety is always welcome and if anything would need tweaking I would say should be the farming tasks.

I did the diaries on a max account and it felt like a grind, but now on a fresh account it definitely feels good as i do them when i can rather than trying to complete all the achievements in a short amount time.

Edited by Isekaii, 24 May 2020 - 07:40 PM.

Posted 24 May 2020 - 07:42 PM #4

Halloween
User

Halloween

• Time spent:
      10d 13h 44m 49s

• Previous username:
    Ravenclaw

• Total level:
    Awards

It's far more realistic now compared to the old system of "Kill 20 Men" etc.

My biggest gripe is the removal of an easier Tomb of Fire + Cooking/Chaos Gauntlets for earlier game. Being moved to the Daily Task store isn't *bad* but I feel for a lot of accounts, by the time you're able to buy them, you don't really *need* them anymore.

See above.

I've had accounts that were maxed prior to the change and I've also played through with brand new accounts. It's a great experience boost for brand new accounts.

As above. Easy exp boost for the early game.

Posted 24 May 2020 - 11:36 PM #5

Real Alan
Realism

Real Alan
Clan: Realists

• Time spent:
      68d 14h 19m 25s

• Total level:
    Awards

I like how the new dairy system introduces new players to less mainstream farming patches such as the ones on Lletya, Miscellenia, and Brimhaven patches.  I also like how the system encourages players to explore different skilling methods and strategically plan out their account progress.  For example, efficient players may decided to finish Karamja elite diaries before grinding agility for more experience per lap.  

I did not like having to skip so many tasks before getting konar tasks in specific locations for the Morytania diaries.  The number of tasks required has since been reduced, so this is no longer much of an issue.  My biggest issue with the rework, however, is staff's failure to notify players to use up their old achievement points before rolling out the new system.  I personally had a few hundred points saved up which I could have used to purchase some cosmetics before they were moved to the very overpriced daily task store.  For comparison, OSRS notified players to use up bounty hunter points before their rework.

I would like a new perk to be added for noted dragon hides and superior dragon bones.  Currently, superior dragon bones from Vorkath are not noted, which limits the number of vorkath kills per trip.  Also since the d'hide drops aren't noted, players often times do not have enough inventory space to pick up their hide drops.  I'd also recommend making the hard western diaries easier to complete, since elite void is locked behind it.  Lastly, the rework made it significantly more difficult for new players to obtain tome of fire, which used to be easily obtained. 

I was the first realism player to complete the new Achievement Diaries, and I began working on it during my mid to late game.  The new diaries motivated me to keep trying inferno and level up skills that I otherwise didn't have a reason to train.  It also served as a major checkpoint for my road to 2nd realism max cape.

While I may not have started a new account, I do work with many new realism players.  Based on feedback from the Realism community, one major area of concern was completing the hard western tasks for elite void armour.  Essentially, elite void armor is locked behind 93 slayer (smoke devils tasks), which means Realism players will not be able to obtain elite void until very late in the game (unless they donate).  For reference, only 30 Realism players to date have 93+ slayer.

rCjd36m.gif

779858f92372b65448411ebb99ae2454.gif

Community Awards

186389e1c9f184e3f3b56b038179afd0.png

Spoiler

Content

Topic 79261 - Real Alan's Spin Guide

Topic 82478 - How a Penguin Ended Up in Port Sarim Jail

Accomplishments

Spoiler

Game Suggestions

Pet Timeline

Spoiler

Posted 25 May 2020 - 12:36 AM #6

MT
Veteran

MT
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

• Previous username:
    Moral Truth

• Total level:
    Awards
  • What types of things do you like about the Achievement Diary Rework?

I like how the achievements are structured by region along with the rewards, and the xp lamps are nice, too.

Some mid-game items, such as time of fire and cooking gauntlets, being stuck in the daily shop with no other ways to obtain them (other than the donation shop for tome). Some of the farming achievements were a bit tedious to do at first, too. It is also quite a bummer for newer players as older players have purchased items from the old achievement shop prior to removal, such as tome of fire, bonecrusher, etc.

The items mentioned above being added to the loyalty shop would make a bit of sense. Something to give newer players some love, too.

I started working on the new achievement diaries on my main who was comped prior to the diaries update.

• I have not looked into the diaries on my other accounts, but it is nice to be rewarded for doing them especially the xp lamps.

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 25 May 2020 - 06:55 AM #7

Real cream
Realism

Real cream

• Time spent:
      17d 22h 58m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards

Great job on diaries to begin with, as a player that has experience in both the old and now the new 'diary systems' I feel like this has been more thoughtful in terms of gradual increase in difficulty as you progress through the levels. Areas I like include; 

• Implementing unrecognised areas into a more rewarding gameplay, for instance '15% more runes from the Ourania Altar', 'Red Chinchompa Hunting Ground' and various patches scattered across the map that are not being touched. 
  • Variation to the tasks, it was engaging and fun to do.  
  • The perks upon completion seem genuine. 

• What types of things don't you like about the Achievement Diary Rework?

There are some areas I believe should be looked at, firstly, when I first started my realism grind 'Tome of Fire' would of been an essential as it is useful for barrows/zulrah etc. (I don't even have it now and I'm almost maxed). Also, reading other comments, I don't see a problem on the farming tasks personally as you can do them efficiently first whilst working on other tasks. 

Personally, I think certain tasks should be moved around, so for instance;

• Mine 25 gold ore from the mine NW of the Agility Pyramid (Desert Hard, should be a Medium).
  • Burn 20 Yew logs in Seers Village (Kandarin Medium, should be a Hard
  • Kill 10 Fire Giants (Karamja Easy, should be Medium)
  • Check the health of 2 Calquat trees North of Tai Two Wannai (Karamja Medium, should be a Hard)
  • Defeat Hespori (Kourend and Kebos Medium, should be a Hard)
  • Plant a seed in the Celastrus Patch (Kourend and Kebos Hard, should be a Elite)
  • Chop 100 Redwood logs at the Woodcutting Guild (Kourend and Kebos Hard, should be a Elite)
  • Plant 3 Avantoe seeds in at the Canafis farming patch (Morytania Hard, should be a Medium)
  • Complete a Smoke devil slayer task (Western Provincess Hard, should be a Elite)
  • Kill 15 Green Dragons (Wilderness Easy, should be a Medium)

That's the tasks I would personally adjust, the rest seem fine. 

I would personally like to see 'Tome of Fire', 'Cooking/Chaos Gauntlets' as a reward in the 'Loyalty shop' or as a reward from one of the diaries. (Considering we already have ice gloves and goldsmith gaunlets in the loyalty shop for 50,000 points each).

In terms of tweaking/changing the current Achievement Diary, consider these;

• ​Collect 35 Mort myre fungus (Morytania Easy, Requires 400 vote points). I would personally take this out or reduce the price of the item in the voting shop by a half at least
  • Complete 25 slayer tasks from Nieve/Steve (Varrock Hard). I feel like this should be reduced by 10 at least. 

These two should be adjusted personally, but tasks mentioned from above in the 'types of things I don't like' could be substituted for some other tasks. Therefore, I suggest these;

• Mine 25 gold ore from the mine NW of the Agility Pyramid (Desert Hard, should be a Medium). Change the task to Medium.
  • Burn 20 Yew logs in Seers Village (Kandarin Medium, should be a Hard). Change the yew logs to maple logs for the Medium task.
  • Kill 10 Fire Giants (Karamja Easy, should be Medium). Change to kill 10 Scorpions instead of 10 Fire giants.
  • Check the health of 2 Calquat trees North of Tai Two Wannai (Karamja Medium, should be a Hard). Check the health of 2 Pineapple plants as a Medium task.
  • Defeat Hespori (Kourend and Kebos Medium, should be a Hard). Change to Elite, perhaps defeat 2x Hespori. 
  • Plant a seed in the Celastrus Patch (Kourend and Kebos Hard, should be a Elite). Change to Elite.
  • Chop 100 Redwood logs at the Woodcutting Guild (Kourend and Kebos Hard, should be a Elite). Change to Elite.
  • Plant 3 Avantoe seeds in at the Canafis farming patch (Morytania Hard, should be a Medium). Change to a Medium task or add in a more higher level 'Herb'. (Cadantine etc).
  • Complete a Smoke devil slayer task (Western Provincess Hard, should be a Elite). Remove personally.
  • Kill 15 Green Dragons (Wilderness Easy, should be a Medium). Change to kill 15 Skeletons instead.

​​​

Done a few of the diaries on my Elite ironman, but properly started playing 'Realism Mode' in January, so the new diary system was relatively new for me. 

• If you've started a fresh account since the release of the new Diary system, what has your experience with it been like?

Certain diaries have been super smooth to do like the 'Lumbridge diary', however, some diaries have been a bit annoying (Western Provinces). Suggestions from above would have made the realism experience slightly more efficient, but nevertheless it was still enjoyable. Therefore, hopefully by this feedback, the future community will benefit from this and have a more enjoyable experience. 

Note: Great job overall, appreciate the hard-work. 

Thank you for reading. 

All Accounts

Spoiler

Achievements

Spoiler

Progress Topics

Posted 25 May 2020 - 09:39 AM #8

Falske
User

Falske

• Time spent:
      9d 22h 10s

• Previous username:
    Rowy

• Total level:
  1.  What types of things do you like about the Achievement Diary Rework? Everything man its great!!, Just not the kq head one ^^
    •  What types of things don't you like about the Achievement Diary Rework? Only really the KQ head, achivement, as its just rng, theres no kc where you 100% get it at, and its very packed, and drain of food to kill..
    • What are some things you'd like to see tweaked/changed with the current Achievement Diaries?  Kq head, give it a 100% drop at 100kc
    • What stage of the game was/were your account(s) in when you began working on the new Achievement Diaries? ie. New account, Early game, Mid-game, Late Game, Maxed/Comped. Made a new account
    • If you've started a fresh account since the release of the new Diary system, what has your experience with it been like? Its been great man, found my own methods of taking the xp lamps from early diaries and putting em onto hunter ext. for a good start to hunter, also have my diary days where i focus on diaries, very well job on the diary update!

No7F4SY.png

EIM: KSon

Posted 25 May 2020 - 12:14 PM #9

Cwars
User

Cwars
Clan: Alora

• Time spent:
      27d 12h 45m 14s

• Previous username:
    Fiji

• Total level:
    Awards

I have always been a grinder ever since I got Trimmed Completionist cape on rs3 and doing diaries alongside other things gives me a good feeling that I've accomplished something.

To be fair there is nothing I didnt like with the diaries. (But I do think that "Win at least 50M GP in one duel." is a unessecary feat to have in the Desert Elite Diary.)

Maybe fix the spirit tree patch in brimhaven? I belive you can just plant, then click and it removes it and then replant until done.

I was a Maxed account when I began working on them. 

-||-

4mRDVZz.png

f15.png

X5Sywik.png

1h8TSyq.png

Posted 26 May 2020 - 01:03 AM #10

CronLad
Veteran

CronLad
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      34d 12h 33m 52s

• Total level:
    Awards

I like that it's structured as normal osrs is with different regions and tiers

The tasks that require you to finish certain tasks in certain areas (Konar task in slayer dungeon for example) seem to favor those with donor rank that has free skips. No rank or $10 rank players need to hope they get one or have a pile of points stacked up for skips, which isn't as likely with the new slayer system.

As some mentioned, the moving of some items to the daily task shop maybe should have been to the loyalty shop instead

I had the monkey on the old achievement system already.

N/A

6O8kkEq.png?1

Posted 27 May 2020 - 11:14 AM #11

King of GIM
Group Ironman

King of GIM

• Time spent:
      8d 19h 56m 9s

• Previous username:
    A REAL GIM

• Total level:
    Awards

Here's my input from my experience with the diaries since starting this GIM account, while also being familiar with the old system with a few of my older accounts.

I enjoy that the system has players experiencing more content by doing these achievements, it makes the world of Alora feel much larger than just Edgeville with a teleport wizard.

It's a tiered system that gives rewards along the way from beginning to end game content, and it's MUCH better than the old system which seemed a bit more of a pointless grind with little reward.

1. The typos/vagueness of a few tasks

2. Some tasks seem either redundant or unnecessary

3. Useless perks

4. Donator reward tiers haven't been updated to reflect the ones taken away if you don't have the specific perk unlocked by the achievement diary.

5. The removal of items that were in the old achievement shop.

6. Rebalancing the tasks a bit more.

7. The KQ

1. Typo/vagueness example: Kourend & Kebos Elite Task- Kill the Alchemical Hydra 25 times.

- This doesn't state that it has to be on task, I've been told by players that it does need to be on task, and personally I think it should state that.

2. Unnecessary/Redundant example: Western Provinces Hard/Elite: Complete a Smoke Devil Task & Kill the Thermonuclear Smoke Devil 25 times.

- May be more personal opinion, but I don't think having these 2 tasks on different tiers is necesary, and requiring 93 slayer for a Hard achievement seems high if you play a game mode with lower xp rates. I was able to complete nearly every (if not all) hard task before achieving 93 slayer and it was a grind to get to it as a GIM compared to other hard achievements.

3. Useless perk example: Falador Elite: The tree patch in Falador will never get diseased.

- To my knowledge, trees on Alora don't get diseased at all; so how/why is this perk here?

4. After $10+ on your donator rank the store still states you unlock the private red chinchompa hunting area, but unless you complete the hard Western Provinces diary, it will remained locked. I don't know if it's unlocked for players that aren't donators who have completed the achievement or not.

5. These items were easily accessable for newer players in a few minutes/hours and now with them being placed in the daily task store is much more of a grind. At the same time, I can see why a tomb of fire shouldn't be something a player gets within a few minutes of joining the game, and it's very useful for ironmen (especially early game). On the other hand, cooking gauntlents seem pointless now since most players can get 99 cooking before the gauntlets, making them useless, and the points are much better saved to be spent on the tomb of fire or other useful items from the daily store.

6. As stated above my @Real cream I think a few tasks need to be rebalanced and he had a great example

Spoiler

7. The Kalphite Queen should be nerfed, it's much more difficult than it needs to be, and after the achievements are complete, I don't see many players returning to kill it any further.

Possibly having more perks, not too OP, but just more rewards to make the items more useful, OR introducing content in other areas that make the already available perks more useful.

Example: The Falador tree being immune to disease, we could introduce farming patches getting diseased (just an example, not that I want exactly this)

I began, and am almost finished with, the diaries on this new GIM, and also completed them on my main (end game) account with almost 3b total xp.

I've enjoyed it much more than the older system.

From a newer accounts perspective I've enjoyed doing the achievements as I progress my account, and the xp lamps have been extremely useful for helping speed up skills that required supplies I just didn't have (such as crafting or smithing).

Posted 27 May 2020 - 01:16 PM #12

UnCreative
Ironman

UnCreative
Clan: Ironman OG

• Time spent:
      12d 6h 28m 11s

• Total level:
    Awards

Happy to provide some feedback

I like the lamp's, its a nice reward to running around the game to places you haven't been.
The behind the scenes rewards (perks) are just okay.

I feel like I am being asked to do things I have done a thousand times just because this new list doesn't recognize my 50 days played, Then again why would i have made regular strength potions in the TOB bank.

obtain a kalphite head.. I have one in the bank cant you see. A vorkath head, Its on my back, cant see it? obviously its not that annoying to have to go back and play with these bosses but this grinds my gears

Some perks are plain and simple boring. 10% extra, 25% extra chance, noted is decent.

My ardy 4 max cape got turned into a cabbage..... 

Easy diary -  spend 10m on a house.... cmon

Less emphasis on seeds, especially the rare ones. redwoods, spirit seeds

My main needed the inferno to get the monkey before. 99.5% comped. 

Yes i have, and i have to say i am a big fan of getting those easy diary's knocked out for the lamps and gear. 

UnCreative 70 days played
Alora sweater owner < Actually such a flex

DenzelCurry ~ 9 days played Maxed UIM

Too many to count Dead HCIM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 150 user(s)